[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw making decent pocket money from starting an Overwatch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 520x283) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 520x283
>tfw making decent pocket money from starting an Overwatch exclusive gaming channel

/Entrepreneurship

Who else making decent pocket money while gaining valuable experience with video editing and youtube business sense through Overwatch here?

Also Overwatch discussion
>>
Nobody watches my stream.. i am all alone in this world
>>
>>342043406
Don't stream. Do youtube.
>>
>>342043406
You not being interesting or good at the game probably has something to do with it.
>>
>>342043617
Streaming is for people with personalities. If you can upload quality and coherent content while talking through a script, you'll be doing yourself a favour until you've established your YouTube persona.
>>
Who else an /adult/ here?
>>
>>342046067
Only an adult would make this kind of thread. Legal adults are too busy playing the game for fun
>>
>>342046279

Thanks for the (you) but I was trying to bait OP since only underage and manchildren try to make money with youtube.
>>
>>342046810
Op here. Who are you kidding anon? Youre on 4chan and on /v/. You're not the manchild/underage?

i only made this thread because it was very obvious that anyone with a shred of accumen could see there's money to be made playing this game.

Im not a gamer, i saw the opportunity to make money from this game and i took it and posted here because Overwatch is currently the craze of video game.

Only a manchild/underage plays video games for gaming's sake
>>
>>342047713
>Op here. Who are you kidding anon? Youre on 4chan and on /v/. You're not the manchild/underage?

Wait, so you are underage?

not even reading the rest of your post.
>>
>youtube gaming channel

Grow up
>>
I would like to stream, but I don't have money to buy the game. I'm not even sure if a low-mid pc can handle it all.
>>
>>342048293
>Wait, so you are underage?
But who was reading comprehension?

Don't worry, I didn't type up that unnecessary for your sake
>>
>>342048493
Im making $200 a week to play a video game. It's worth the investment anon, it'll pay itself

Just keep uploading videos. Consistency is key
>>
How many views are you getting OP?
Dont lie.
Theres at least 100 other people who had the same idea as you;
>>
>>342048420
I'd understand your statement if i were doing this as a hobby, but im not.
>>
>>342049052
Yeah, I hope to get a bit of pocket money. I've got a few games to play at the least. Can't invest without money though, but I'll do what I can for now. Sort of figured out how to do it but still have to optimize it for my pc/myself
>>
File: Cal_2.png (290 KB, 922x560) Image search: [Google]
Cal_2.png
290 KB, 922x560
>>342043271
>tfw get paired against lvl 200+ streamerfags
>only lvl 50
>ends up being win on attack and lose of defense

Stop
>>
>>342048674

>Who are you kidding anon? Youre on 4chan and on /v/. You're not the manchild/underage?

You are assuming everyone else is an underage child like yourself ; you are wrong.
>>
>>342049143
97% of business fail because there's a cause behind every effect.

Many people in 2011 thought $37 was as high as bitcoin was going to go. Those who bought and held and bought a lot back then are now rich.

500 people had the same idea, so what?

But who was execution?

If you upload shit vids, expect shit views.

30k-50k views per video. Do the maths
>>
>>342049684
>like yourself ; you are wrong.
Right back at you, mate. Irony
>>
>>342049979
>If you upload shit vids, expect shit views.
Except theres a ton of shitty videos with over a million views on youtube. The opposite is also true for well made videos.

Anyway, post channel link.
I wont believe till I see.
>>
>>342050606
>I wont believe till I see.

>that entitlement

Dont worry anon I've come across people like you in my existence. Here's how i deal with people like you. Ready?

You were right all along. I was making the entire thing up. Please delete this thread.
>>
>>342049052
Wow, a whole 200 bucks in a week?
Thats like 4 hours of work for me, kiddo.
>>
>>342043271
how much $$$ you making senpai, in USD
>>
>>342051069
yea, just waiting for the right time to sell my bitcoins. So i dont have a lot of money on me atm
>>
>>342050958
Yeah well theres no way you would make 200 bucks in a week with only 40k views per video
>>
>>342050080

>I know you are but what am I xDDDD
>>
>>342051179
How much is $200AUD in USD? $140?
>>342051409
Yea
>>
File: 1459930381568.png (17 KB, 882x758) Image search: [Google]
1459930381568.png
17 KB, 882x758
>>342043271
>level 27
>only 1 legendary skin
>constantly getting sprays and voice clip-only boxes
>constantly getting duplicates of said sprays and voice clips
>>
>barely do anything at work
>just monitor network traffic, report to higher ups if something is wrong
>70k a year
>19 years old
>no degree/certs
>dont need to make youtube videos
>still get to shitpost on 4chan

Why aren't you guys doing this?
>>
>>342051370
Oh okay
>>
>>342051651
Where can I get hooked up with this job senapi?
>>
>>342051651
How'd you get that job?
>>
>>342051795

i dont share information with youtube gamersĀ®
>>
>>342051878
Op here. He's not me. I couldnt care less about you desu.
>>
This is now a battleborn thread
>>
>>342050958
>You were right all along. I was making the entire thing up. Please delete this thread.

Jesus I just wanted to see the channel.
No need to get all butthurt over it.
>>
>>342043271
I've found that it's more soulsucking than a regular 9 to 5 because you have to cater to the twitch generation and everything that encompasses. It actually mirrors the music industry quite a bit.
>>
>>342051651
Wanna be my sugardaddy?
>>
>>342049979
>numbers straight out of asshole
>contradictions
>no link to channel even though that would just be more business

Sociopath detected
>>
>>342043271
In contrast, I started doing a smite channel and its been a week and my only views are when I closed and reopened the tab with my channel open in it.
>>
>>342052461
I just wanted to let /v/ know about capitalising on Overwatch's popularity. Im not a regular browser here, i could've posted this on /biz/ instead but because this is only about a single game being hyped the fuck up as opposed to "making money from video gaming channels:General"i decided to post it on /v/.

The only video game for fun was Simpsons: Tapped out(iPad game); and i uninstalled it yesterday
>>
>>342051651
The same reason you aren't.
>>
>>342051651
>having a imaginary job

Seek help.
>>
>>342052795
Op here. doing twitch without appealing personal characteristics is a dumb move. Believe me, I've personally seen this, people aren't interested in average people. Stick to YouTube unless you have an interesting life to nutjre an interesting personality. Im assuming no females are on /v/.
>>
Clever bait desu
>>
>>342052981
Oh okay
>>342053058
I did a quick check on YouTube. This smite game you're talking about just isnt popular anymore. Based on your view counts, youre better off playing LoL but i assume you're doing this as a hobby rather than for it's income
>>
I don't understand the appeal of this from either side.

Making videos is not fun. Recording yourself having fake fun is not fun. Watching your forced fake fun reactions, editing them, and uploading them, is not fun.

Watching other people do this on Youtube is not fun. Watching other people play videogames at all is not fun.

Why do you guys do this instead of getting a real job?

>Hobby

It's really not.
>>
>>342054108
So you'd watch someone being natural and just trying to entertain/keep a talk going etc?

The world goes around by being fake anyway.
>>
>>342054390
>So you'd watch someone being natural and just trying to entertain/keep a talk going etc?

No. I don't watch anyone play videogames on twitch or youtube ever. I see no point in it at all. I see no point in wasting that time. You could be playing the videogames yourself.

I wouldn't watch anyone at all because it's fucking retarded and boring.
>>
>>342054108
You're making far too many incorrect assumptions, typical of 16-23 year old know-it-alls. This approach will not get you views.

But you advocate having job instead so this post of mine is merely a response to your post but not to you.
>>
>>342054746
That's why it's called entertainment.

Anything synonymous to that isn't logical.
>>
>>342054751

>this approach will not get you views

I wasn't planning on making a channel.
>>
>>342055123
>But you advocate having job instead so this post of mine is merely a response to your post but not to you.
>>
>>342055176

you are confusing me.

all i said is i dont understand how people can find this sort of shit fun/entertaining for both sides.

i do not plan on starting a channel, i never did.

what the fuck are you even talking about.

explain how its fun.
>>
>>342055304
I was responding to your post for the sake of the other people reading. It was never anout you.
>explain how its fun
You're asking the wrong question, hence i said your assumptions are incorrect.

hedonism as the basis of your assumption is where your flaw lies.
>>
>>342051629
>1st loot box
>legendary genji skin
feels good
>>
>>342053061
>>342055679
Do you faggots on /biz/ really act like you're better than everybody else? Lmao get over yourself.
>>
>>342056116
Have you ever considered that as people older than your average /v/irgin they don't bother with emotional posting and just post their thoughts and opinions while remaining emotionally uninvolved from the medium?
>>
File: crates.gif (3 MB, 709x705) Image search: [Google]
crates.gif
3 MB, 709x705
>first loot box through 72nd loot box
>all shit
I am going to buy some fucking crates
does that make me a fag
>>
>>342055679
>>342056661

i dont know what the fuck you are saying but you still haven't explained why it's fun

so i guess that means it isn't.

in that case, why would anyone waste their time on something that isn't fun?
>>
>>342057083
I decided to capitalise an opportunity to make a little easy money.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.