[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>this came out earlier this month >absolutely no one is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6
File: download.jpg (13 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
13 KB, 300x168
>this came out earlier this month
>absolutely no one is talking about it
Was it really that bad? I wasn't on /v/ when it released but I really enjoyed the first and thought that the second would at least be talked about, but apparently its shit. Has anyone even played it?
>>
>was an EA title shit???
>>
File: 1458660802210.jpg (17 KB, 500x482) Image search: [Google]
1458660802210.jpg
17 KB, 500x482
>Shit story
>Horrendous characters and VA
>Open world which is generic and copy pasted every ten feet
>Filler side activities
>Filler missions
>Dumb upgrade system
>Some how looks and runs worse than the original
5/10. The definition of generic mediocrity.
>>
Finished it yesterday. Compared to the original it's twp steps forward, one step back. Plenty of nice improvements, but also a lot of questionable design decisions. The core gameplay is good, though, so I give it a pass.

/v/ mostly shits on it because

>muh SJWs
>>
File: dunce-cap.jpg (29 KB, 446x336) Image search: [Google]
dunce-cap.jpg
29 KB, 446x336
>>342040378
except read the post immediately above yours which doesnt make a single mention of culture or politics
>>
>>342039703
man, you are really trying to win your salary
>>
>>342039703
">this came out earlier this month
>absolutely no one is talking about it
Was it really that bad? I wasn't on /v/ when it released but I really enjoyed the first and thought that the second would at least be talked about, but apparently its shit. Has anyone even played it?"

I literally saw this thread 4 times at least since game came out. And I don't even browse 4chan unless I really have nothing else to do at all. Stop trying marketing team, its shit.
>>
>>342040284
5/10 should mean it's not bad or good. i think you mean 2/10? 3/10? less than 5/10 = waste of time?
>>
>A good game gets ignored by /v/

Just like Oxenfree, Quantum Break, and many others. Actually if it's not talked about at all on this board it's probably a good game.
>>
It was mediocre, also on consoles it straight up looks like shit thanks to this TERRIBLE depth of field effect that's always on.

If there's any one great thing to say about D44M, it's that the console versions gave you graphics options just like the PC version and you can turn off fucking motion blur.
>>
>>342040284
>>342040750
>Shit story
Granted but so was the original.

>Horrendous characters and VA
Granted without contest.

>Open world which is generic and copy pasted every ten feet
I really don't agree with this. It's basically a bunch of Mirror's Edge 1 levels with stuff in between. I went through all the billboard hacks and am now working on secret bags and having a lot of fun.

>Filler side activities
100% optional.

>Filler missions
I don't even understand this. The only mission I'd call bad was The Shard.

>Dumb upgrade system
Granted without contest.

>Some how looks and runs worse than the original
Granted without contest.

Anyway, the original had its share of flaws too but the gameplay carried it, and that's intact in the reboot. I like the game because it's fun, full stop.
>>
>>342041230
To get 2/10 you'd have to be trying to make the game shit though, 2/10 is something nearly unplayble
5/10 compared to the 9/10 of the original is pretty bad
>>
>>342041230
Nah. 5 to me is middle bar, average. Any lower and it would be more to do with it being broken/pure shit. 5 means it's playable, but nothing special. In contrast, I think the first is a solid 8.
>>
File: 1329689424373.jpg (35 KB, 450x469) Image search: [Google]
1329689424373.jpg
35 KB, 450x469
It's only on Origin, and most people don't use that shit. I can tell you all right now that it's not really worth the money, even for a cheap grey market key. EA is garbage, but I'm even more garbage for getting tricked into buying this game only because I loved the first one.
>>
>>342041604
>>342041645
>first rated highly
>this rated average

I really feel like people have rose-tinted glasses for the original Mirror's Edge.
>>
>>342041565
>the original had its share of flaws too
I don't argue that. What I'd argue is it's been 8 years, and they did nothing to fix those issues. I can be lenient on ME1, because it's a new IP, but generally a sequel should add more + fix things from the previous game.
>>
>>342040915
I'm not the marketing team though. I legitimately haven't seen anything about it since I finished finals, and didn't even realize it came out. Although most of I've seen since I came back was E3 and overwatch threads.
>>
>>342041752
I got the XBone version which came with the first free through back compat. I stopped playing half way through Catalyst to finish my replay of the first one off before going back to finish Catalyst. I think that sums up how much I liked the 2nd game.
>>
>>342041752
Basically take everything from the first game.
All your parkour moves.
Now take those and put them behind experience unlocks and story advancements.

They reverse engineered the first game into an absolute garbage of a sequel.
Because the gameplay of the first game was great, not so much this time around.
>>
>>342041827
The biggest complaint with ME1 was the combat.
The thing they overhauled the most.
>>
I might give it a try if it gets cracked. If it doesn't, tough shit.
>>
>>342041827
I feel like they actually did fix most of the flaws of the original - it was all the new shit they tried that didn't work out. Mag rope, upgrade trees, collecting security chips, etc. were all added, not simply brought over unfixed.
>>
>>342042101
The gameplay is the same. I agree hiding the full moveset behind unlocks is bullshit, but once you've filled out the tree the parkour is as solid as the first. Probably moreso.
>>
>>342039703
>>342041950
Yeah and "people" just happen to start the threat exactly same manner each time right? "hurrr durr came out X time ago, why is nobody talking about this game, common guys talk about the game or pajet won't get payed"
Fuck off with your shitty marketing.
>>
>>342042101
>All the parkour moves
Holy fuck.
Behind the unlocks, you have the ability to wallrun after a wallrun, a landing roll to preserve some momentum (you can still soft land but its slower), the leg curl, a longer slide and a faster climb on pipes and ladders.
I really think thats it, this is not "all the parkour moves" you mouth breather.
So you have to play half the story missions before you can go 3-starring the time trials. Didnt you have to finish ME1 before you could even play the time trials? I really think you might have a degenerative brain disease.
>>
>>342042108
>nobody wanted combat, just freerunning
>fix it by adding more combat
???
>>
>>342042594
Anon I'm actually not a marketer and I think you might be paranoid. The people who Toddpost aren't all Todd Howard either you know.
only most of them
>>
File: Mirrors Edge 02.jpg (230 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Mirrors Edge 02.jpg
230 KB, 1920x1080
>>342042839
Don't even fucking try to tell me the combat in Catalyst is worse than Mirror's Edge. It's not good, but it's certainly a step above the original.
>>
>>342042839
You were complaining they didnt change anything to resolve the issues people had with the first. People had an issue with the combat, they tried to make it better.
Admittedly, it still blows, but you gotta admit its better than the shootouts ME1 forced on you sometimes.
>>
>>342039703
How are the visuals and soundtrack? They're what made the first game for me
>>
I've been playing it since it came out. It's not perfect, but I'm happy with it.
>>
>>342039906
This so fucking hard
>it's an EA game
>literally everything that goes wrong is blamed on SJWs and anita whilst EA gets a free pass
>>
>>342043568
Visuals, about the same. Soundtrack, slightly worse. It hangs further in the background, its not trying to be good its trying not to be noticed.
>>
>>342043270
>needing guns in ME1
I've played through the game a few times and the only time I've ever fired a gun is the mandatory car sniping section. The actual fighting is just abusing the crotch kick and disarm
>>
>>342043568
In terms of actual graphical fidelity it's fine but the art direction seems worse to me. It's lost some of the very stark environments of the first game in favor of a more realistic look. Also all the glass in the higher-class areas is terrible. Surprisingly often I'll find a wall of glass with one pane missing that you're supposed to jump through, but I can't tell because it's all very clear. I'm on console though so maybe that's a non-issue for PC.
>>
Kind of wish Catalyst was atleast a prequel though
>>
Lack of YouTube activity on this game basically confirms YouTubers are just shills who play whatever they're given and not what needs attention as a big release. I mean tons of people loved the original and many YouTubers even repeatedly praised it. Now sequel comes out and they snub it, even not saying it was bad or good.
>>
File: MirrorsEdgeCatalyst.jpg (538 KB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
MirrorsEdgeCatalyst.jpg
538 KB, 3840x2160
Good game that shares a lot of flaws of the original, but honestly if you liked the first one enough, you'll probably like this one.
Not many talking about it because surprise surprise, it's not a blockbuster title much like the last game.
>>
>>342039703
It's on Origin, and nobody uses Origin.
>>
>>342039703
Can you even buy Mirror's Edge 2 on PC? It isn't showing up on Steam.
>>
>>342045792
>steambabbies
>>
>>342045792
Are you just pretending to be retarded or... ?
>>
>>342040915
it's really easy to spot /pol/tards leaks this day

every single retard spouting LE SHILL XDDDD when a game is discussed in a video game board should be banned on sight, holy fuck trump voters are that retarded.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.