[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>create the best JRPG of all time >refuse to follow up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: ttyd.jpg (135 KB, 640x914) Image search: [Google]
ttyd.jpg
135 KB, 640x914
>create the best JRPG of all time
>refuse to follow up and improve upon it
>release a bunch of shallow gimmick-based spinoff sinstead

...why?
>>
>best JRPG of all time
I like it too anon but let's slow down there
>>
combination of not needing to put in effort to get money and IS being run by an out-of-touch hack
>>
>>342036171
>best JRPG of all time

PMfags are this delusional.
>>
>>342036171
1 was better
>>
>>342036171
>best JRPG of all-time
I mean, TTYD is definitely a great game anon but yeah, uh, no. No it's not.
>>
>Backtracking: The Game
>best JRPG of all time
>>
It isn't even the best Mario RPG.
>>
Super Paper Mario has a better plot anyways.
>>
File: 1466172930422.png (2 MB, 1498x3344) Image search: [Google]
1466172930422.png
2 MB, 1498x3344
a domino effect of consecutive bad decisions
>>
there were some neat plot points, but the whole game was mostly a slog to play through

>all that fucking backtracking
>all those retarded stage elements that could just completely fuck you over
>>
>>342036171
This. Downright befuddling and depressing. I would literally accept a 1:1 rehash with just a new setting and characters.

>>342036248
It's definitely in the upper echelon though.
>>
>>342036171
because fuck you that's why
>>
>>342036171
ara ara ~
>>
>>342036895
tl:dr
>>
Does Paper Mario even count as a JRPG?
>>
>>342037240
Story is bad, pure gameplay is good.
>>
>>342036171
You just described Final Fantasy Tactics
>>
>>342036171
Because Nintendo never does the same thing twice anymore except with main Mario.
>>
>>342037352
What else would it be, anon?
>>
>>342038028
Twilight Princess was basically just an excessively ugly OoT with a wolf crammed in.
>>
>>342037240
>The original Paper Mario 3DS was "too much like TTYD"(which is what everyone would've wanted
>so we are just going to throw away everything major that everyone liked
>in favor of experimenting with gimmicks that appeals to no one
>>
>>342038192
>Twilight Princess was basically just an excessively ugly OoT with a wolf crammed in.
Man, you guys get more retarded by the day.
>>
>>342037680
>>342038757
thx, lost nothing by not reading
>>
>le backtracking meme
where does this come from? the levels are designed as hubs
>>
>>342038959
>the levels are designed as hubs
>so it's somehow not backtracking to have to backtrack to the hub world 5,000 times throughout the course of the game
>slog through the same one little stretch of sewer so many times it's permanently seared into my retinas and mind
>>
Never played any of them but if I understood all I've read in the internet, I should play every game until the Wii one, right?
>>
>>342040542
The Wii one is a mixed bag, fans are split about it. Personally I recommend at least trying it, it may be up your alley but don't expect any gameplay of the first 2 games to be around.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.