[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NeoGAF has lost it's Soul/legitimate criticism welcome
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 8
File: Downfall.jpg (48 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
Downfall.jpg
48 KB, 400x600
Take a look at this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUVuX3lLrdg

I'm going to tell you what the problem with NeoGAF is.

You can say what you will, but there was a time when it was actually fun. It was a place with fun users like Wario64, funny, mostly fair discussions.

At this time the threads exploaded with replies - funny GIFs everywhere. They had some GREAT mods like Eatchildren... but then something happend.

Somehow the new mods where elected that completely abused their power and started banning people with different opinions, no matter how calm and intelligently they were presented.

They even banned one of their own mods, Opiate. Opiate is very intelligent and level minded. You can have philosophical discussions with him. He was literally banned because people were upset about his level headed opinions on controversial topic. Certain users couldn't handle it. So Evillore banned him.

Speaking of which. Evillore himself has become too greedy for the money. He himself - by electing certain asshole mods and not allowing FAIR DISCUSSION to happen because of the fear of what his ad-partners might think - has KILLED the soul and community spirit of NeoGAF.

There used to be a community spirit. It's gone now. Most threads are echo chambers. 80% of the GIF usage is gone. Legendary posters like Sunghilengend hard ever post again, because NeoGAF is not worth their efford anymore.

And you know what's really upsetting. Just go and read Evilores 100.000.000 sticky post. In there he thanks all kinds of people who contributed to this site, praised himself - and yes, saved NeoGAF back then, that is true - BUT GUESS WHAT!
You know who the people are, he didn't even mention with ONE FUCKING GOOD word??? THE GODDAMN POSTERS.

THEY used to be the ones - and some still are - who MADE NeoGAF amazing back in the day. THE MOTHERFUCKING POSTERS, who have made NeoGAF a fun and great place to discuss videogames and all kinds of shit.
>>
NOT a single word of respect or gratitude towards those people.

And you knwo what also really sucks? The pure INJUSTICE of not even being able to defend oneself once you have been convicted of a "CRIME", e.g. Banned. You can't even see why other have been banned. It's like in Hitler Germany back then, when people just dissapeard.

I'm all for treating other people right, whether they like women, men, no matter what religion or sexual preference. But this constant WHINING and GANGPILLING as soon as somene with a different opinion appers in a thread IS ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING.

V/ can be a shithole, but at least her you will get HONEST opinions and can discuss it out with people. What sense does a forum make if you cannot stand the opinions of others. BE A MAN and discuss them in a civil manner instead of whinning like little bitches and banning people.

TOO MANY PEOPLE are already banned there. Only the most boring posters are left. NeoGAF is also infested with shills. Not too many, but a decent amount of people. Just take a look at the "Why does everyone hate Final Fantasy XV thread". There are people who's agend is to get the thread locked because it's bad PR for Final Fantasy. Just take a look and you'll find out who they are yourself.

NeoGAF has become a dictorship. Evilore and his mods have successfully sucked most of the life out of the site.

Between the ultra leftist NeoGAF and the sometimes too crazy and stupid V/, I wish there was a THRID big gaming forum, something INBETWEEN. A place where the old spirit of NeoGAF could still be found. A good place. Sadly, such alternative is not present at the moment. But one day, someone will create such a forum and I swear, people will migrate and the greatness that once was will be restored!
>>
tl;dr
>>
I dont think anyone here gives a single fuck about neofag
>>
>>342034782
who gives a fuck

fuck off back to neofag or 9gag or whatever

get off my /v/

also sage
>>
Who cares? NeoGAF is shit, in other news grass is green.
>>
File: 1445235097008.jpg (984 KB, 875x1000) Image search: [Google]
1445235097008.jpg
984 KB, 875x1000
>be german
>someone makes a HITLER DOES SOMETHING video using clips from DER UNTERGANG
>can't get over how fucking wrong the subtitles are and can't really pay attention to them
>>
If the best of v/ and the best of NeoGAF - of both philosophies - came together, it could be the best forum on the entire internet.

This is a legitimate opinion. I welcome intelligent replies.
>>
>>342035589
>intelligent replies to a retarded post
>>
>>342035556
this is my issue with the risitas video and I'm not even spanish
>>
>>342035423
>Implying anyone on /v/ would admit that grass is green

It's always brown for you motherfuckers.
>>
>>342035589
Seriously nobody here gives a fuck about neofag

go post on SA or something, you don't belong here
>>
>>342034782
>>342034832
>>342035589
Fuck off faggot. It's ilk like you bastardizing the quality of this board. Go back to neofag and stay there.
>>
you all know half of neogaf is posting here, because this is the only site they can express their TRUE feelings and opinions!
>>
>>342035556
>be German

That's where you fucked up buddy.
How's your sister liking that Turkish dick?
>>
>>342036043
yeah no shit, you and reddit crossposters are what have made this board irredeemable shit
>>
File: 1456393884504.gif (875 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
1456393884504.gif
875 KB, 250x188
>>342036076
She has a pure, aryan child. It's fine.
>>
>>342036157

see, this board here would also be much better if you mofos could reply with more than just "shit". real talk.
>>
When it was ever not a liberal sonygger circle jerk?
>>
>>342036321
just go back, we already have enough annoying faggots
>>
>>342034782
I'm sure you'll find a better forum and better community. Forget about NeoGAF.
>>
>>342036534
When the Wii and DS were selling a lot.

Gaf isn't as much Sony cocksuckers as they are bandwagoners, in total.
>>
>>342034782
>exploaded
That is not a word.
>>
>>
>>342036263
>aryan
So she's fucked by a pakistani then?
>>
Thelonius Monk is great by the way, so's Dizzy Gillespie, so's Art Blakey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0t9EV5PG7o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPUp19RUAvg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4H9k-d9fBk

What does that have to do with videogames though
>>
Why are you using /v/ to complain about neogaf? I thought you guys considered this place a shithole worlds below your beloved forum.
>>
>>342034782
Nice blog post faggot.
>>
Welp, the redditors already took hold of this thread to shit on everything that puts a modicum of effort.
Sorry OP
>>
>>342038180
because v/ tollerates opinion. Also because I LIKE v/ and want to express that v/ or 4chan in general isn't as bad as people make it out to be. I want to make people think and get a perspective. Maybe this will also help some people here who come to v/ just to shitpost and therefore make the site harder to read and to enjoy for other.

My point is. neither over - nor underregulation is the best way to go. Like with everything in life, the balance is the best way.
>>
>>342038893
Protip: /v/, not v/
Everyone who has been on this site for over 5 years knows that undermoderation and emphasis on "board culture" kills the board.

It all started when some retard said that /v/ is about video gamers, not video games.
>>
>>342034782
Well if you care so much how about post that shit there
>>
>>342038893

can you kill yourself

I mean really, that's the only thing you have left after posting on neofag
>>
>>342039714
He's a coward. He doesn't want his precious account to be banned.
>>
I only came here for the jazz

Anyway faggot, neofag and reddit were never good so just learn to like this place or just talk about video games with a close circle of friends. Or just get out.
>>
>>342039714

I abandoned that place long time ago. Even if, I would be banned for expressing my opinion.

If you like videogames there are is only /v/ - for honest opinon - and neogaf - for sometimes insider infos - left on the internet. those are the biggest forums. THEY SEEM different, but they are made out of the same essence. moot and evilore tried to create great forums, both went into different directions. So I choose this place - since like many here i still lurk neogaf but couldnt stand seeing people getting banned for nothing - to express my opinion.

i hope that makes sense to you?
>>
>>342038893
>Like with everything in life, the balance is the best way.

shit tier pleb 'wisdom' right there.
there's plenty of shit that is never good, no matter how little the dose. you dont ever hear people say "gee i wish i had a little bit of cancer" or "boy, i sure think having a moderate amount of HIV in my blood would be nice".

fuck off to neofag and take your reddit-tier armchair philosophy right with you you cock sucking nigger.
>>
Who cares
>>
>>342040779
>there are is only /v/ - for honest opinon
People here hate games just because they're on a different platform
>>
>>342039214
>Everyone who has been on this site for over 5 years knows that undermoderation ... kills the board
The idea of undermoderation being detrimental is almost as dumb as the neofag. You're right about "some retard said that /v/ is about video gamers, not video games" though, but that came as retaliation from /vg/'s creation bringing about strict moderation instead of the as-needed basis it was on before.
>>
You're shit posting on the wrong site OP
>>
>>342041036
you don't have to take everything so fucking literal. obviously I didnt mean having cancer or hiv you idiot. I meant the human psyche is condition to be the happiest once you have a certain balance in your life. that's what humans are.
>>
also, the irony is almost too great!

like with neogaf - you can find something good, mostly good opinon, good sense of humor and great opinons - inbetween the crazy, dicatorship moderation

and like with /v/ - you can find exactly the same inbetween the pile of shitposting and onliners like "fuck youself" and trolling.

however, here you don't have to be scared of presenting your opinion. this is the biggest advantage /v/ has over neogaf.

but like this thread shows, it also comes with a downside.

and to all the weakminded shitheads here. I neither use reddit or that kind of shit.
>>
File: burnedman.png (733 KB, 1019x534) Image search: [Google]
burnedman.png
733 KB, 1019x534
>>342034782
>>342034832
alright I can handle one blog but 2 is pushing it so I'm gonna need a tl;dr
>>
>>342035556
I don't speak German but it still fucking bothers me that most people don't even bother working the proper nouns like "Steiner" into their videos
>>
>>342042970
>Weakminded

You wish buddy, don't try to describe yourself next time.
>>
>>342043439
neogaf used to be an amazing forum
then came the nazi mods
>>
>>342043439
Neogaf used to be good but then it became super Politically correct.
I think they banned all Republicans in their off topic board.
>>
>>342043439
hey, how about you try to read it youself. you might enjoy it.
>>
gtfo faggot nobody cares about ur shitty forum
>>
>>342034782
>NeoGAF has lost it's Soul/legitimate criticism welcome
Okay? Fuck off
>>
>>342045045
Why don't you go complain to them then?
>>
All I know about NeoGAF is what gets posted from here. Seems like a terrible place, but could be cherry picking.

Either way, any place that you need a username for and shows when you joined/how many posts you made is instantly cancer and promotes nothing but elitist circlejerking.
>>
>>342034782
>but there was a time when it was actually fun.
No.
Fuck off back to neogaf. I knew there was an influx of Sony faggots.
Fuck off.
>>
I don't get how anyone can stand forums or reddit or any type of place like that after discovering 4chan. All those other places have no complete freedom of speech and they take forever for new posts to appear on all kinds of topics. Meanwhile, here we have new topics and posts by the hour and usually fast and easy to read than those dumb lenghty forum posts of which 80% is just some attention seekers signature.
>>
>>342034782
i don't even know what neogaf is. if it's so bad then why do you keep talking about it?
>>
Neogaf sucks, Opiate is a pedo
>>
>>342045578
>Seems like a terrible place, but could be cherry picking.
it's literally a hug box. If you have different opinions i advise you word them very carefully or else you're banned
>>
>>342034782
>on controversial topic
Let me guess. It was about anime girls again right?

Those cucks are serious nutcases.
>>
>>342044760

thats not the tdlr. the actualy meaning is: whether you are a repubican or a democrat or whatever, it's much worse to be silenced and not being able to express your opinions. human interaction starts with expressing opinons. some are right, some are wrong, wrong ones can be influenced by the right opinons or maybe not. however, by having open discussions there is a chance both sides LEARN from each other. if thats not possible, it poses a huge threat, because thats how radical opinons are formed on both sides, left and right.

in politics and everywhere, being able to tolerate other opinons is the most important thing. in this regard neogaf is worse than the worst shitpost on /v/.

the downfall of neogaf should be a reminder to all posters on /v/ that you shouldn't take your basic right here to express yourself for granted and maybe not overstretch it.

also, my op is not directed to /v/ only posters, but obviously for people who are not that narrow minded and try to use all of what the internet has to offer, that means other sides as well.

for those people this post might be helpful. that's why I choose to post this here on /v/.
>>
Why do we care about some other forum?
>>
Forums are doomed to fail
Anonymous imageboards are forever.
>>
>>342046473
because we're all just a big familia who loves vidya
>>
>>342046473
why are u so narrow minded? can't you understand there might be others who use more than on site on the internet. hard to imagine, right?
>>
Neogaf is no different from something like SA.
>>
>>342046713
Um, do you know where you are?
>>
>>342046682
I'm not sure about that. they are prone to becoming dumpsters for literally shit. you open a topic and all you see is shitposts. it becomes literally a pile of shit and a waste of time to even write.
>>
This thread gave me cancer.
>>
>>342047064
Why would you use objectively inferior sites, though? Stalinist mods are much worse than shitposting and false-flagging.
>>
>>342047064
I don't imagine that anyone but a fucking moron would willingly use neogaf.
>>
>>342047534
do you want a get well card?
>>
>>342047465
Come on now, we wouldn't be here if we actually hated vidya. R-right?
>>
File: neofag_shill.jpg (142 KB, 1571x309) Image search: [Google]
neofag_shill.jpg
142 KB, 1571x309
>>342034782
>>
>>342047710
Lol
>>
File: bittersweet.jpg (526 KB, 1368x1027) Image search: [Google]
bittersweet.jpg
526 KB, 1368x1027
Hey OP, I'm with you.

What most hurts is that there is no way to fight back. No way to try to change that fucking site. It's perfectly made so any kind of complain or rebellion is shut down immediately.

You have to accept, that site has the members it deserves. They don't want you, they don't need me. They only want one specific kind of people and their filters are too good. Just let them be, anon.

4chan may not be the site you deserve, but is the site you need. You can fight here to make better, make it better then. You can start by shutting your fucking mouth and start talking about vidja
>>
>>342047534
You probably deserved it
>>
>>342047571
because if you look for vidya news on the internet you end up on different places? literally everyone does it
>>
File: 1462300602750.jpg (134 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
1462300602750.jpg
134 KB, 1000x667
>>342034782
>>342034832
Who gives a shit? If you want to use 4chan, use 4chan. If you want to use Neogaf, use Neogaf.
>>
Cripple chan has a good /v/ board. I don't give a fuck.
>>
cool story bro
>>
>>342047771
Thanks man, great advice. I already talked a lot about vidya here. It seems to be the only place where people actually like traditional JRPGs and appreciate them for what they are.

Also, because of the shilling, NeoGAF has become a distorted reality.

Good thing, shilling is way harder or almost impossible on /v/
>>
Sorry buddy, not your personal army.
>>
>>342034782
I would never apply for a message board membership
>>
>>342034782
>>342046361
is this a fucking raid?
>>
Does Lowtax hate his own site and what it's become?
>>
>>342034782
sweet blog OP, where can I follow your tumblr?

NeoGAF isn't for people like you anymore, don't bitch to us about it, move on.
>>
>>342034832
This problem isn't exclusive to Neogaf, other places have suffered the same fate and those fun posters are all but gone to probably different hobbies. The same thing happened in the bodybuilding forum misc. Nothing but a shell of it's former self, the same with Something Awful. Truth is that most of these sites got too politically correct, for them to survive they have to pander. Another problem is that the new generations are all boring victim-blamers which they call everything too out of their passive world "toxic". So the same breed of people aren't the same as they were. This is the fruit of Marxist brainwashing in American schools.
>>
EviLore too massive SJW money back in 2013 for the new mods. It all boils down to control of information. EviLore got paid off big time to promote tranny nigger loving mods. It all has an agenda.
>>
I don't want to change anything. I just wanted to express my opinon and wanted to vent a little, because I believe certain things just needed to be said.
>>
NeoFag is shill HQ. EviLore takes money from every publisher and interest group in the industry. He has taken a ton from radical leftists who have urged him to ban wrongthinkers.
>>
>>342049265
Yeah, that's what infuriates me the most! No gratitude towards their own posters. those posters who have spend day in and out to contribute - mostly in a great way - to the site, didn't even get the least bit of respect before they got banned. there was no trial, not even a chance to say "sorry" if you fucked up that one time because you had a bad day or because, well, just made a mistake.

EVEN all the members of the NAZI party got a fair trial and were given the right to justify or at least explain their action.
>>
thanks for the jazz
>>
>>342049909
Besada, bish, charlequin and so on all suffer severe mental retardation. People are delusional expecting fair moderation from this freak show. Also EviLore is a sociopath who is probably very alone in real life.
>>
>>342050538
It's much worse to experience injustice than being called names. both is actually not ok, but the former is definitely worse.

neogaf might be a good example of how ad money destroyed a community. this is probably why moot never really wanted to have too many ads on here (I speculate)
Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.