[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /v/ think of Tetsuya Nomura? Honestly, he's my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7
What does /v/ think of Tetsuya Nomura? Honestly, he's my favorite video game developer. He's the only guy at Square that I still like and I know his games will always have a batshit insane story but will be fun as hell. Sucks how he got booted from Final Fantasy XV

>Come up with this original, cool, fresh take on Final Fantasy
>Spend so much time trying to bring your vision to life
>Company fucks up so hard with Final Fantasy 14 that it needs your team to help fix shit
>Finally when things get back on track, you get booted from your creation
>Watch as some other asshole completely butchers and rapes your vision

This is not the vision Nomura wanted for Final Fantasy XV. At least we still got Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy VII Remake
>>
Gets way more shit than he deserves, mostly because SE loves attaching his name to everything, even when he's barely involved.
>>
File: Vaan.png (447 KB, 790x600) Image search: [Google]
Vaan.png
447 KB, 790x600
>>342033519

This because Nomura is the big guy at Square because Sakaguchi left after 10. He gets shit for stuff that he's not even involved with. People STILL to this day blame Nomura for Vaan when Nomura didn't do a single fucking thing in Final Fantasy XII
>>
He's a fun alocholic
>>
He wants to make a sequel to The World Ends With You so he's perfect in my book
>>
>literal cancer man is the messiah to all weebs
Well whaddya know...
>>
>>342034649

>Nomura
>Cancer

Nomura haters still exist?
>>
FFVII - Good
FFVIII - Garbage
Parasite Eve - Mediocre
Parasite Eve II - Forgotten

His PS1 track record isn't the best.
>>
File: 1419080274963.png (21 KB, 300x309) Image search: [Google]
1419080274963.png
21 KB, 300x309
>>342035016
>Parasite Eve - Mediocre

I will fucking fight you
>>
>>342033025
He is my favorite game dev as well.
It's always the quiet types who don't out themselves or their projects as often. He is indeed a perfectionist, and I think Kh1 and kh2 are like one of the rare games where its 99.9% bug free in comparison to all the other things on the market. He makes games the way I want them to be made.
>>
>>342033025
Kingdom Hearts 1 is literally perfect in every way.
>Full on 3D Action Rpg (probably first of its kind)
>Timeless graphics
>Yoko Shimomura soundtrack.
>No QTEs at all even for big bosses.
>Decent story until the rest came out.
>>
File: kh-ux.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
kh-ux.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1200
>Made a mobile game that is more fun and has more depth than 75% of the AAA games released today

How does he do it?
>>
File: 1418263409897.png (214 KB, 500x661) Image search: [Google]
1418263409897.png
214 KB, 500x661
>>342035994

Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix is the greatest game Nomura has ever made.
>>
File: nomura_kojima_tgs_2013.jpg (24 KB, 598x392) Image search: [Google]
nomura_kojima_tgs_2013.jpg
24 KB, 598x392
Once KH 3 wraps up and Kojima's game comes out. They should partner up and make a game
>>
>>342036342
From a combat standpoint yet but the game lacks the charm of the first and almost feels lifeless in comparison, for some reason. Also people use the reaction commands as an excuse that the game is shit , yet for most of the orginization members you actually have to beat them down to a certain point before you actually get to the "said QTE". its actually a challenge but the QTE is more or less a flashy finisher once you've actually EARNED the win for the fight. Think Luxord or Xemnas.
>>
>>342036342
Its weird how adding an extra difficulty and changing the arrangement of aquiring abilities and adding new and interesting end bosses really changed kh2 from being pretty easy and unbalanced to having an easy to get into yet hard to master and deep combat system and game. Pretty much wasnt too impressed with kh2 but loved kh2fm.
>>
>>342033025
He should stop writing the stories for his games
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.