[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Overwatch RoadHog Hook
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 6
Whenever I land a hook with this lug the place where the enemy comes to is always different.

But during POTGs other RoadHog pull directly in front of themselves for an easy headshot.

Why are my pulls inconsistent? The enemy is always to the left or right me of. Sometimes they aren't even pulled all the way to me. Am I doing something wrong here?
>>
>>342032181
yea, you play like a faggot. get gud or fuck off to tf2
>>
>>342032181
Server view and your view are different and that's the result of Blizzard poorly designed servers.
>>
>>342032665
>get gud
That's why I'm here, asking what I'm doing wrong...
>>
>>342032181
You're probably lagging.
>>
I played as Roadhog once and hooked a self-destruct away from my team so that we could win the game. I like making sacrifices like that for my team.
>>
>>342032949
>>342032665
Blizzdrones, the game is bad and has a shit ton of issues, "GIT GUD" isn't going to help
>>
Well half the hooks you pull off on him are bullshit anyway so it all works out.
>>
>>342033150
Thats just as autistic as rein doing his charge on it, don't do that
>>
>>342033273
How? We won, and people praised me for being heroic. You should try it, it's a good feeling.
>>
>>342033150
>hooked a self-destruct away from my team so that we could win the game
More like accidentally hooked a self-destruct while the rest of your team ducked behind a wall to easily avoid it anyways
>>
>>342033532
>Typical blizzard fanbase faggots, especially overwatch players
>>
I play Roadhog quite a bit and you can guess where/when it's gonna displace your pull victims. Typically it's due to height differences between you and the target, speed, or you moving when landing the pull etc.

A lot of the time their height or momentum gets taken into effect for their end-pull placement and you have to aim accordingly. Most of the time it means if it's a guaranteed kill, it probably won't be due to the milliseconds spent turning your character. It's fucking annoying, but manageable.
>>
>>342033630
It was Volskaya Industries' final cap. One death is worth less than the death of the team.
>>342033702
>my first Blizzard game is Overwatch
You still haven't answered my question though.
>>
>>342034060
It's stupid and unnecessary, the fuck do you mean how?
>>
>>342032181
PotG is just a recreation of what happened in the game, it isn't accurate at all.
>>
>>342034180
So you'd rather prolong or lose the match because you want to stay alive only to die a minute later for trying to solo cap the point?
>>
>>342034060
>Volskaya Industries
You have ample time to get to cover. Even on the point you can duck behind a wall one foot away
>>
>>342034590
I don't think you realize how little cover there is on the final cap, unless you want to dive into the enemy spawn.
>>
I didn't know that Tracer could escape the hook by blinking out of it. weird thing is, I could have sworn that I've tried to that when I was playing Tracer.
>>
>>342035259
not during the initial stun, but the split second you have before Roadhog can fire his scrap gun yeah
>>
>>342035469
If you hold down the fire button as roadhog you shoot before the enemy gets control back.
>>
>>342035469
weird. a tracer literally escaped the moment the hook touched her by blinking out of it. This happened 3 times in one match today. I forgot to save the vid tho. I have it for ps4 and PC. this happened on ps4. nothing weird on PC yet.
>>
>>342034674
Non tanks can crouch behind the nub in the middle of the point. Do it as Lucio all the time.
>>
>>342036125
Did not know that, thanks for the tip!
>>
>>342036325
What if it is in the middle?
>>
>>342036270
If there's a discrepancy between attacker and defender (Due to lag correction), attacker wins except for a few special defense options. Tracer's blink is one of those options.

Which means you might see yourself hooking tracer before she blinks, but she actually blinked before you launched the hook on her screen. So she gets out of the way.
>>
>>342032181
this didn't used to happen to me during the beta
but ever since the latest update, everyone I hook lands all the way behind me
I have to think the patch fucked something up
>>
>>342032181
Shitty connection

Glorious silky smooth 20 tick
>>
>>342034674
I don't think you realize how little cover you need to hide from DVas self destruct. You can hide behind a street sign and be safe.
>>
>>342036558
Literally dropped right on top of the nub? That means she didn't throw it, and you have enough time to get out of the way. There's that column on the right (When facing enemy's spawn) that you can tuck into. You can also reach the health pack room on the left, or the drop on the left that's even closer then the health pack room.
>>
>>342036784
Volskaya's cap is pretty open, only cover is off the cap itself, ample distance to allow the enemy team to come back out and keep defending.
>>342036824
It was Kobe'd. You can throw it onto the nub.
I've never noticed the rightside column, only the one opposite their spawn. The health pack room is a bit far though, then again there's like 3 there.
>>
>>342037193
It's all about your positioning. You should be close enough to retreat to one of those place.

I didn't really think of a straight-up toss, because those are usually bad ways to use your mech bomb.
>>
>>342034590
You realize that if you find cover, then you're not contesting the point right? The whole point of D.va's ult is that it makes people move away from somewhere, it hardly ever gets kills, you massive retard. That's why it lasts like 10 seconds and gives you a giant warning arrow.
>>
>>342033150
>implying anybody was going to die to it
Grats on giving their Dva a free elim.
>>
>>342037653
>instead of 3
>>
>>342036567
ah ok. thanks for the info
>>
>>342037475
Given, Roadhog is pretty slow. So if I was to die anyways, I'd rather not jeopardize others
>>
>>342038073
You're deluded if you seriously believe that anyone was going to die to a telegraphed nuke that takes 4s to detonate. I say that as a Dva player, she's not that bad a character but her ult is kinda trash, it's only useful for zoning, killing turrets and catching the occasional mistake, such as yours.
>>
>>342037647
Depending on setup, it might be good to trade one life so that you don't stop capturing. It's all context sensitive.

Also, they're probably still at bad MMR tier, so, they actually might have died. Getting away from the point on Volskaya does take more awareness then most points.

>>342038206
Most heroes have the same base speed, except for Genji and Tracer.
>>
>>342038206
Roadhog moves at 5.5 m/s, same as any hero besides Tracer and Genji.
>>
>>342032181
Yeah some hooks get fucked like that, but it goes through walls so it works out in the end
>>
>>342038663
huh, i thought only Genji moved faster than the other heroes. good to know.
>>
>>342038523
You're talking post-nerf. I'm not.
>>342038624
>>342038663
Roadhog can't jump.
>>
>>342039147
You don't need to jump for the points we're talking about.
>>
>>342039742
I'm speaking about the effectiveness a height advantage can have avoiding an ult like D.Va's. I find the cover on the second floor better than that on the ground level.
>>
>>342032181
You're probably strafing during the hook. for optimal hooking, move backwards as you hook someone. This will put them directly infront of you.
>>
>>342040271
Not a big deal on Volskaya though, there's nothing you can climb unless you have vertical mobility like Genji/Pharah/Hanzo.
>>
>>342038523
Throw it upwards, it's more of a hail mary because you're not sure where it lands, but the enemy team won't know for sure either.

At the very least you'll distract pretty much everyone who is trying to look for it.
>>
File: 1466300729365.png (357 KB, 397x402) Image search: [Google]
1466300729365.png
357 KB, 397x402
>>342041085
Guess what my team make-up was.
>>
>>342041291
People that could've avoided D.Va's ult and gotten back on the point nearly instantly? Thus making a sacrifice actually useless?
>>
>>342041203
That can work in an open-sky crowded area, but really, if anyone ever dies to it they made a mistake. Unless you throw it into a graviton surge or something.

>>342041291
Not really sure what you're getting at, unless your team was full of blind sentry-form bastions, you're kidding yourself if you think they needed your hook to be saved.
>>
>>342041517
I'm saying it wasn't.
>>342041557
Zenyatta, Lucio, Reaper, a turret Bastion, McCree, and me as Roadhog.
>>
>>342042215
>Zenyatta, Lucio, Reaper, a turret Bastion, McCree

Shoulda let 'em die, desu
>>
>>342042215
Dva's ult is so slow bastion literally has time to recon form and take cover.
>>
>>342042215
Lucio could've made this a trivial task for the whole team. Reaper can contest while the bomb is actually exploding. McCree and Zen can move away quickly enough, especially since Zen should already be close to cover. You should've have a turret Bastion on the point in attack mode.

Your team is bad. I get that what you did was cool, but, it really shouldn't be necessary, at all. Especially with most of that line up. .
>>
>>342042618
*Shouldn't've
>>
>>342042618
Oh no, I know it wasn't necessary, I'm just saying I like making plays like that, or having the ability to do so in the game.
Compare it to what you face in TF2, say, a Kritz Soldier. Other than killing them, there's not a whole lot you can do. In Overwatch it feels more flexible with the options you can use, whether it be hooking, pinning, shockwaving, etc.
>>
File: afrigginonemanapocalypse.jpg (53 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
afrigginonemanapocalypse.jpg
53 KB, 680x680
>have 13 hours playtime on Roadhog
>had a blast hooking and shooting+melee people down left and right, or pulling them into pits
>even hook Pharahs floating somewhere in the air
>he was like a giant GTFO sign
>all of a sudden I haven't had a good game with him in days
>half the time I hook some scrub and he's still too far away for my shots to hurt him significantly, even Mercys survive despite a lot of pellets are clearly hitting her
>speed aura Lucio just glitches behind me when I hook him
I don't understand, it's like I lost all skill with him all of a sudden. What am I doing wrong?
>>
>>342042987
You're probably facing comps where he gets countered.
It's sad but invidiual skill with a hero means little compared to picking counters.
You could be the Genji in the whole fucking world but a literal retard playing Winston or symmetra will shit over you all day.
>>
>>342033150
Now why can his hook work on a self destruct but my Pharah's E knockback (to knock it off a cliff) doesn't work? Thanks Obama.
>>
>>342043706
because its the worst ult in the game as it is doesn't need more shit to counter it
>>
>>342043686
That could be one reason, but it doesn't change the bullshit like a 200hp hero like Soldier76 or aforementioned Mercy surviving a shot to the face with 50%hp left half the time. I even tried aiming at the body, but still, about half the time they get away. It worked fine before.
>>
>>342042987
Same here. Missing hooks most of the time and when I got someone, they end up barely surviving even when I hit them dead center.
>>
>>342043960
True. I guess I can't argue with that. Though I'd rather have some consistency and buff the ult instead.
>>
>>342042987
>me and Mercy, in a hallway, they're not even moving
>hook her, just to be safe
>rather than be put in front of me, she gets put exactly to my left, then she runs away
>>
I got a 10 player elimination streak on xbone earlier as roadhog. Don't even play him that much
>>
File: zarya flex.jpg (209 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
zarya flex.jpg
209 KB, 1280x800
>tfw your character hard counters Roadhog.
>>
File: 1409165115972.gif (20 KB, 375x378) Image search: [Google]
1409165115972.gif
20 KB, 375x378
>>342045562
>When a Roadhog hooks you at full charge
>>
File: 1438791753574.jpg (248 KB, 2000x2105) Image search: [Google]
1438791753574.jpg
248 KB, 2000x2105
>>342046427
>imblying
nigger i can just two shot you
>>
>>342048543
She hard counters him because her shields makes any hook he gets useless. If it's in her vision it's really easy to react to it and get free energy. Any half decent Roadhog isn't even going to bother trying to hook Zarya because it's fucking pointless.
>>
>>342049065
ive managed to get a few hooks against zarya's before, just have to be smart and know when she is on cooldown, if roadhog gets on her its an easy two shot
>>
>>342049238
If I see a Roadhog on the other team unless I'm in danger of dying I save my shield for if I get hooked. Unless I see him use his hook. The fact that half her health is shield means it's really easy to survive because you just have to sit back for a little bit and at least half your health will return in no time. People are too quick to shield themselves with Zarya a lot of times.
>>
>>342049946
Well then Roadhog's doing a favor just by existing if he forces you to play so cautiously.
>>
>>342050183
It's not cautious unless Roadhog never uses his hook. In which case he might as well not exist.
>>
>>342049238
Except the transaction goes one of two ways:
Hook > shield > break her shield giving 50 charge while she backs up > second shot does suboptimal damage due to range > Same with third and forth > she's not dead and melting you while you reload > hog dies

OR

Shield before hook lands > range difference is even greater, eating Zarya wins even harder.

Played perfectly, a Zarya should never mathematically die to a Roadhog. This changes if they have ultimates. Hogs is better 1v1, but Zaryas is way better for wiping teams.
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.