[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anything I should know before I buy a Wii U?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
Anything I should know before I buy a Wii U?
>>
>>342027821
Probably buy an SD card if you plan on getting a bunch of eShop titles.
>>
>>342027821
dont
>>
>>342027821
Make sure to buy a loaded handgun and a bottle of scotch, just in case if things don't work out.
>>
If you don't already have an external hard drive you should get one. You literally need it.
>>
It's underpowered, overpriced, and has no games.
>>
>>342027821
It's a waste of money
>>
>>342027821
I got the same bundle a couple of weeks ago. I also picked up Kirby (for co-op with the gf) and Mario Maker. There's a sale on VC gmes right now if you're in Europe. Also remember to check the old Wii store if you are like me and never have owned the old Wii yourself. There are a couple of exclusive gems that I didn't know about, like the Contra game for example.
>>
>>342027821
You should know that it is a bad decision
>>
>>342027821
I enjoy my Wii U and think it has some pretty good games, but I'd suggest waiting til Black Friday at least. NX will most likely be fully unveiled at that point and you can decide if you'd rather put that money toward an NX or not plus the Wii U will probably be pretty cheap this year.
>>
File: 1421717005917.png (4 MB, 858x3600) Image search: [Google]
1421717005917.png
4 MB, 858x3600
Got mine for Sm4sh, came with Mario 3D World which I loved. Splatoon was incredible, dumped 300 hours into it, still play when I can.
Pikmin 3, if you liked the first two, is fantastic with great touch screen controls to make multitasking easier.
BotW is gonna be killer.
I just beat Kirby: Rainbow Curse and it was a cute little diversion (eShop for 20 bucks currently).
Mario Maker, Yoshi's Woolly World, Captain Toad, Donkey Kong and MK8 are all great games (haven't played personally).

I'd set up a Nintendo ID and a My Nintendo Account to start collecting coins for free games/discounts. All in all, very happy with it.
>>
>>342027821
if you plan to download your gaymes you need a external. also if you get xenoblade you will need one.
>>
Wait and see if the NX has backward compatability
Its got good games but don't waste money on a console when they're coming out with a new one that may appeal to you
>>
>>342027821
Wait for NX info.
>>
>>342027821
I really want one too, I guess after the NX announcement it will go for very cheap.

I'm still waiting on the PS VIta to totally sink in in price
>>
>>342030047
Wonder if it'll play GC, Wii and Wii U. That's a fuck ton of backwards compatibility and gives me a fleeting suspicion that instead of building something completely new, it's all just rehashed hardware/software in some way.
>>
Wait for NX if you buy it to play zelda.
>>
>>342027821

Invest in a Wii U pro controller for Mario Kart, Sm4sh, etc.
>>
>>342027821
If you're buying for Splatoon don't bother. Vast majority of players are Japanese and connections are p2p, making dodging shots impossible due to lag.
>>
>>342027821
Get Bayonetta 2 and TW101 physical while you can.
Get a pro controller for them as well.
Because MK8 and Splatoon are either pre downloaded or installed already, you may want an SD card.
>>
dig out a Wiimote from your closet and pick up a copy of Sin & Punishment 2
>>
>>342027821
Just make sure to give me the rest of your money so it won't be so easily wasted.
>>
>>342027821
Make damn sure you buy Splatoon. Only worthwhile, competitive team-based shooter this gen.
>>
>>342030881
Nintendo just can't into online
>>
>>342027978
But you need USB-memory or an external HDD. SD cards are only used for Super Smash Bros. screenshots AFAIK. Probably for vWii's shopping channel too.
>>
Yeah don't buy one.
>>
>>342027821
No games.
>>
File: 1463083218765.jpg (3 MB, 2900x5800) Image search: [Google]
1463083218765.jpg
3 MB, 2900x5800
>>342027821
There is full Wii backwards Compatibility.
You can softmod the Wii mode to play GC games.
On the eShop there is a good selection of old virtual console games and indie games.
Buy a Pro Controller, it's worth it just for the battery life.
Online is free, so you don't have to worry.
I stole pic related from /vg/, take it with a grain of salt.
>>
>>342028204

All video games are a waste of money.

At least with a Homebew/exploited Wii U you can:

> Play any Wii U game for free
> Play any Wii game for free
> Play any Gamecube game for free
> Play any Genesis or SNES game for Free
> Probably more Emulation stuff that I don't know about

All for $225
>>
>>342027821
You can actually turn off the gamepad if you need to go away for some minutes. It turns on again if you move it.
>>
>>342027978
Your can't put wii u eshop games on an SD card. You can softmod the original Wii mode though and play GameCube games from an SD card...
>>
File: 0e9.jpg (27 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
0e9.jpg
27 KB, 600x600
>>342027821
it's dead.
>>
>>342030640
the Wii U doesn't even play GC, so I doubt it
>>
>>342031625
The screen turns off but the gamepad itself isn't really turned off. I'm pretty sure it even bitches at you if the gamepad dies, it's real annoying.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.