[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to get good? I'm new, know the basics, but need tips
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: imgres.jpg (6 KB, 329x153) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
6 KB, 329x153
How to get good?

I'm new, know the basics, but need tips to get better
>>
>>342027110
Pro tip: you uninstall
>>
play 1500 games and come back with that question
>>
>>342027110
play Ursa, thats all you need to do in low level
>>
Stick to one hero for a long time
>>
Just keep getting your ass beat until you learn.
Every time you die, sit there and try to analyze why it happened.
>>
dont pick fucking sniper ever, he is literally the most useless hero
>>
File: abandonallhope.png (90 KB, 321x143) Image search: [Google]
abandonallhope.png
90 KB, 321x143
>>342027110
Anon, I have almost 1.7k hours, probably closer to 2.5k if you include my smurf account I used to play with friends, and am 5k MMR. That's the top 3% of players.

Uninstall. Uninstall this game and don't ever invest your time or effort into it until the game is given region locks and properly balanced by people that understand mechanics and heroes instead of reddit posts.
>>
>>342027987
Thanks Purge
>>
>>342028119
I'm not looking to get competitive, just want to do better in casual
>>
>>342028265
There are much much better casual games to play, Anon.

Specifically, games where 90% of the US server population isn't Peruvian.
>>
>>342028265
Dota2 really isn't a casual game.

Trust me I've tried to play casually but you really just waste your time because you never really get good enough to play carry and then you're just stuck as P5 wardbitch who everyone blames for losing at the end.

Just uninstall
>>
>>342029018
>>342028509
I've been playing Dota 2 casually for 5 years, there's nothing keeping you from doing that
I'm assuming by "casual" he means just for fun and not in ranked matchmaking, playing something casually in that context doesn't mean you aren't learning and trying to win
>>
>>342027456
Nah, stick to a role and a few heroes in that role for a while and learn the game that way.
>>
>>342029216
I meant casual as in 3-4 games a week, if that
But true, I suppose the definition of casual could mean differently to OP
>>
>>342027110
Uninstall the game right fucking now
You will thank us
>>
Just ward their jungle
>>
>>342027110
Play 1000 games, then come back.
>>
>>342029216
Most people in casual don't even play casually. They're either trolls or tryhard autists, and almost always Peruvian and screaming at you in taco speak for speaking English on an English server.
>>
play league
>>
5k here. Telling you how to improve when you are new is like trying to teach a baby to do the sprint. You need to learn the basics. Cs, laning, map awareness, objectives, item timing etc.

Highly recommend to play 1.5k hours of dota first, just having fun, not tryharding, then after that come back.

I reached 5k after 2k hours, but i consider myself a fast improver (started at 2.7k). I highly recommend just playing casually first.
>>
Trust me OP

LoL is a much more fun and rewarding game.
>>
>>342027110
go legion jungle

shield axe mango and a 75 healy thing

Echo saber then shadowblade, level two points in E then leave it until last. W if you're gonna gank a lot, Q if you switch over to laning. Had a lot of success with this build. People will bitch at you for not building blink right away but fuck em.
>>
>>342030339
lol
>>
File: Escape.png (11 KB, 181x67) Image search: [Google]
Escape.png
11 KB, 181x67
Play other, better games please that is not a MOBA.

It's too late for me now....
>>
>>342030846
Stab yourself in the neck immediately.
>>
>>342030846
you'll get kited to hell and back. also, detection is a thing outside the trench
>>
big tree a best
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.