[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rocket League
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 160302-rlcs.png (14 KB, 384x400) Image search: [Google]
160302-rlcs.png
14 KB, 384x400
iBP wins RLCS, right?
>>
File: 1466341040423.png (178 KB, 339x400) Image search: [Google]
1466341040423.png
178 KB, 339x400
Who cares?
>>
>>342025590
To be honest I don't know why there's not more discussion involved around this game on /v/. This seems to be one of the more "fun" competitive games, and /v/ is supposed to like competitive games.
>>
>>342025835
A lot of people, of course. Rocket League is going to be the next Counter Strike.
>>
>>342025590
I'm sure Aeriality is going to win these games, they're playing really well.
>>
>>342026509
I knew it!
>>
>>342026056
no its not

its not popular enough and nobody cares about the competitive aspect

people play it for fun
>>
>>342027314
The Rocket League Championship Series has a price pool of a whopping 70K.
>>
>>342027527
this game sold a shitton on ps4 and pc so 70k isnt massive, the competitive community for this game is going to be small because most people just want to play this game casually
>>
>>342025857
I dig a lot of what Rocket League is about (smaller dev team, tight controls, high skill ceiling, etc.) but it isn't a ton of fun to watch. I've popped in to earlier tournaments with some of the pros and it's such a back and forth clusterfuck of aerial hits it's honestly not too exciting. I hope it grows in popularity but watching it does zero for me.
>>
>>342028245
It is played a lot casually, bot the competitive scene is having a massive growth. Weekly tournaments and separate larger tournaments might attract a lot of people who initially play the game semi-casually.
>>
>>342028586
That's probably true, but consider the factor that it becomes follow-able when you play the game some amount and have shot some aerials: you start to respect the skill it takes to make certain shots and passes.

Relative to other games I'm sure Rocket League is easier to follow than MOBAs which have a huge clusterfuck of heros and abilities. I enjoy watch Rocket Leaugue a lot now I've played a decent amount of it myself, and I can learn a lot from the better players.
>>
>>342029132
>you start to respect the skill it takes to make certain shots and passes.

I definitely give them props for pulling off such crazy shot attempts and blocks while their airborne, especially so consistently. I don't know exactly what it is, it's almost like most matches are so evenly matched and the players are so good that it becomes boring seeing the same aerial save or goal again and again. There's almost an excitement factor missing because they make it look so easy.
>>
>>342029873
even in non-pro matches in higher ranked games its very much like that

my mmr is close to 1100 and most games are defensive stalemates where a goal is usually caused by an unlucky corner or wall bounce
>>
>>342030128
Well fuck, is RL broken?
>>
>>342030414
I think its fun when you get random teammates and random opponents because a lot of randomness can occur but static teams it can get pretty boring and stale
>>
>>342030616
I'm at the point where passing plays become a thing and it seems like there's a lot of scoring potential that could arise from it. I mostly play 2s though, 3s is indeed pretty defense heavy.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.