[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does /v/ hate Kojima?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: 3009099-kojima2.jpg (42 KB, 694x404) Image search: [Google]
3009099-kojima2.jpg
42 KB, 694x404
Why does /v/ hate Kojima?
>>
>>342018790

Because MGS V is the disappointment of the decade.
>>
Because everyone started liking him and /v/ is a notorious gaming hipster collective
>>
He was fired for a good reason.
>>
He's a big hack
>>
>>342018790
Because he only ever made one single good game in his life, MGSV of course, and there's no reson to like him just for that one single and only good game he ever made in his entire career.
>>
File: 1440270336198.png (299 KB, 730x504) Image search: [Google]
1440270336198.png
299 KB, 730x504
>>
The Ruse Cruise left this port of call
>>
>>342018790
He makes shitty games?
>>
>>342018790
MGS5 was a steaming pile of overrated turd

His next game looks much more up my alley though
>>
File: gallery-gaming-hideo-kojima-2.jpg (174 KB, 1280x1559) Image search: [Google]
gallery-gaming-hideo-kojima-2.jpg
174 KB, 1280x1559
>>342018790
Combination of reasons.
One group, is the group that hate every MGS game past MGS3 and some even MGS2. And even then some hate MGS2 aswell. All for nonsensical reasons since the series didn't go the direction they personally wanted. This group of people just want to shit on everything and there is no merit for their hatred.

Second group of people, is the people who hate MGSV. Thought it was a total failure. While this group is more justifiable since MGSV was indeed shit, they have to understand the reason for MGSV's colossal failure. Which was a combination of Konami fucking everything up, and Kojima's base concept for the game being flawed. It was a flop, not every piece of work from your favorite creator is gold. You have to realize that sometimes they fuck up and make a flop. MGSV was Kojima's flop, topped off with Konami fucking it up even more.
>>
>>342020289
and much more up Kojima's ass
>>
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 340x372) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 340x372
>>342018790
/v/ is a contrarian meme board where no one has had a sincere opinion for at least half a decade.
>>
>>342018924
MGS /v/
>>
He called us Australia
>>
>>342018790
He's ugly as fuck while being a complete hack
>>
Plenty of people still suck his dick on and off this board.
>>
>>342018790
>MGS2, MGS4, MGSPW, MGSV
nuff said
>>
>>342018790
I never liked MGS to begin with. Way too cutscene heavy for me.
>>
File: punished_guts.png (310 KB, 1189x1284) Image search: [Google]
punished_guts.png
310 KB, 1189x1284
I don't really hate the guy. It's just that I think that there is no reason to make him out to be some sort of gamedev god.
First of all, he is not making games by himself. There is a team of hundreds of people who actually writes code and makes art assets. Games are a collective endeavor, especially AAA shit.
Ok, then let's assume that he has oversight over the writing of the plot, direction of the cutscenes, etc. I would argue that MGS is pretty wacky and dumb overal. /v/ likes to say that MGS3 is one of the greates games ever made (and it is gameplay-wise) but in regards to plot it's a shitty James-Bond fanfiction.
And the last thing I don't particularly like about Kojima himself - which other fucking game designer plasters his name all over the product he makes? "Made by Kojima Productions, designed by Hideo Kojima, produced by Hideo Kojima"... Jesus fuck, how narcissistic can you be?
>>
>>342018790
Because he made a subtle and down to earth MGS game instead of making a game about le nuclear big boss killing kids and his descent into evil with 3 hour plot exposition cutscenes about some pointless macguffin
>>
Because he hasn't made one good game in this century.
>>
>>342018790
He's a pseudo-intellectual high school dropout who likes to think his games are artsy, deep and melodramatic.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160619-162008.jpg (1 MB, 1417x2211) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160619-162008.jpg
1 MB, 1417x2211
>>342023256
Name one developer with a better track record, name a series as consistently good and well received as Metal Gear. You literally cannot.
>>
>>342018790
I'll never hate Kojima. Hating kojimbo is literally a meme on this board. He makes good, interesting, fun games and that's all there is to it.

He isn't some genius and you can easily see that by how he talks and stuff. But he does work hard, he does have good ideas, and he can execute very well and has done so many times.

People are actually bitching because he puts some symbolism in his work, there's nothing wrong with that and Kojima tends to do that. He's easily one of the best devs in gaming, he has not been apart of a single bad game and people raved over PT. MGSV wasn't a bad game either, it was pretty damn good it's just that people have unrealistic expectations or they had ideas on how the series should have ended and when Kojima had other things in mind they cried.
>>
He's a fucking hack

>nanomachines
>parasites

Fucking hack
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.