[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is for all the gamers here- I suck. I really enjoy playing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7
File: 1547659680.jpg (395 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
1547659680.jpg
395 KB, 1680x1050
This is for all the gamers here- I suck. I really enjoy playing videogames (specifically Half Life 2, Bioshock and other FPS single players), but I'm just not awesome at them. In my previous school, I had virtually zero friends who played videogames, so sadly, had no one to play with. Now, I go to a new school where there are more people who actually play- all males, but they're good friends of mine.

I've played a few games with them a few times, and every time I feel like I suck, and look like a fake. The first time was a massacre, as one of the guys in our group took about an hour to install his addon and by that time, I had to go down for dinner, so was afk for large portions. Aloha- I sucked, and the next day, one of the guys told me I did. I can barely say a thing on mic because I feel like I'll say the wrong thing and get laughed at/accused of being fake af.

The other day, I played some Gmod with another friend, and given that I'd never played the mod he picked out, I was pretty clueless. I feel terrible because I was just so bad. I feel like a discredit to girls who are genuinely good at gaming, and who don't suck like I do. I'm suuuuch a noob it's unreal. It almost puts me off playing altogether, because I feel like a fake. Hearing all the stories about "fake gamers" and people who get annoyed about girls sucking at videogames really just makes me feel that I am part of that problem.

Tl;dr- girl with depression and anxiety feeling depressed and anxious about sucking at gaming.
Anyone got any experience in basically humiliating themselves in front of irl male friends by sucking at a game?
>>
>>342001668
TL:DR
Post titties or fuck off.
>>
>>342001668
As a thumb rule, never mention your gender on 4chan. It attracts memers who think they're oldfags.

Anyway, the only thing you can do to get better at games is to play them more. You can read up on tips and guides all over the internet as a supplement, but the only way you can improve is to keep playing.

Sadly, most guys will indeed think you're just an attention whore if you absolutely suck at games. Even worse if you're not entertaining to hang around despite being bad.
>>
>>342001668
Maybe you should just game for yourself, not for others. You don't need to be defined by your pastime.
>>
>>342001668
Don't know if this is bait or not, but will reply.
Git fucking good. Play shit-ton of games, and fucking learn. Nobody starts as fucking master of vidya, it comes from expirience and wanting to be better.
Usually I give my friends couple of matches to determine if they terrible or not. Good player always progresses and notices the little things.
There are also guys that played hundreds of games and they still suck cause >I'M TOO LAZY TO LEARN, IT'S JUST FOR FUN. Just don't be like that, people will see that you're trying. Just don't fucking cry about your feelings, nobody needs or wants that.
>>
If you're not having fun playing with other people then just play singleplayer games. That's what I do.

Or get better friends. Ones that you can have fun with regardless of your skills
>>
File: 1465937630179.png (128 KB, 777x691) Image search: [Google]
1465937630179.png
128 KB, 777x691
>>342001668
git gud
>>
>>342003538
>Its just for fun is bad
Is it?
>>
>>342001668
Just play singleplayer games you enjoy. Multiplayer games are great but if you consider that you can't get good at them you aren't going to have fun with them (that's why I avoid team-focused games with high skill ceiling like MOBAs or TF2)
On the other hand there are games where the multiplayer work in a way that the players in the same team don't need to be 100% coordinated to win the match (like the Dark Souls games and Killing Floor); you can give those a try.
>>
>>342001668
i don't care
>>
>>342003761
>Having fun doing something
>Don't want to be better ai it

Go fucking die in a fire. If you can't even apply yourself at things you like, why do you even live? To waste resources and everybody's time?
>>
>>342001668
Suck thier dicks while they play

They'll all love you then
>>
I know this is bait but I will respond seriously. Multiplayer games require you ro devote a lot of time to them to be as good as the other players. If you don't have the time to play them then just play singleplayer. Singleplayer games are more fun in my opinion.
>>
>>342001668
Just play games for yourself, this whole "gamer" thing is complete cancer. You don't call yourself a "filmer" because you like to watch movies or a "musicer" because you like certain albums.
>>
>>342001668
cool blog post
>>
Tits or gtfo
>>
You'll reach an age where you realize how inherently shit and a waste of time online multiplayer games are.
>>
>>342001668
why don't you just have sex with them if you want attention?
>>
>>342001668
As most other people are saying, git gud. There will always be people who are naturally better at things, and conversely people who are naturally worse, but practicing makes up for that ten-fold. You want to get good at fps games? Play obsessively by yourself for a week or two. Hone your reflexes. You want to get good at rts games? Learn to multi-task really well.

A good idea is to learn the system inside and out. Know the number of shots you need to kill someone, or memorize the maps.

Practice > Talent

Also, nobody gives a flying fuck if you feel like you're bad and discrediting the female gaming audience. Grow up.
>>
>>342001668
git gud
>>
>>342001668

I have played games my entire life and I am still god awful at everything. The only legit "good" thing I have ever done is beating the FFX chocobo race, consistently.

With multiplayer games there are some days where I'm definitely the worst one and it really bothers me knowing a good portion of the loss is my fault, but there's also other days where either someone is worse or I'm in too good of a mood to care.

Playing with friends should help alleviate some of the anxiety you have, and don't be afraid to go "Hey I know I suck, but I really enjoy this and want to be better. Could you help me?" Ask for input, ask where you should go/do/etc, or try for a helpful background role if available.

At the end of the day though, it should always be about having fun. Win or lose, don't beat yourself up over it, learn to recognize mistakes and try to adapt, and have fun.
>>
>>342001668
aw beb,

Don;t worry so much about what /v/ thinks, just play whatever, who cares what people think if it makes you happy
>>
File: 1443584323554.png (68 KB, 271x288) Image search: [Google]
1443584323554.png
68 KB, 271x288
>>342001668

>Be girl
>MFW play vidya with a group of guys every night
>MFW better than all of them at vidya
>MFW they all want to fuck me
>MFW say cockteasy things every once in a while to keep them on their toes
>MFW I'm the only girl in the group because other girls get disgusted over the sausagefest circlejerk around me.
>>
Did someone copy-paste a Leddit thread?
>>
>>342006056
Z I M B A B W E
I
M
B
A
B
W
E
>>
File: 1465848429814.jpg (62 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1465848429814.jpg
62 KB, 600x600
>>342006056
>>
>>342001668

If it's the get good part you want, what helps me is picking a particular aspect of a game and working on that individually I.e. if I had problems aiming with something then i'd find a stationary target in the distance and work on turning really fast and trying to accurately lock onto it. Then try to do the same while moving, then take it into live matches. In that case it'd help you adjust to the mouse sensitivity and you'd raise it or lower it without feeling pressured.

As for the whole depression thing, you really shouldn't be playing games that drop your self-esteem (at least around others) until you're comfy with them. If you are never comfy with it, you probably just don't enjoy that genre and maybe you just stick away from it. I know for me I'm bad at rts games, and because of that I don't enjoy them, so I avoid them even if my friends are playing it. If that's the genre they always play, and you really dislike it for instance, maybe you could introduce other types of games until you have something that you both like. If you're worried about skill then find retarded but fun games like 100% orange juice or maybe some old coop games on easy difficulty's like lost planet 2.
>>
>It's a dude pretending to be a girl for replies episode

I fucking hate this show
>>
>>342006056

>MFW this isn't true

Seriously, we all fantasize about being the girl, but you're taking it too far
>>
>>342001668
>mfw thinking about you hurting
>>
>>342001668
Git Gud or Git Rekt, dipshit
>>
File: 1422447079423.png (537 KB, 820x720) Image search: [Google]
1422447079423.png
537 KB, 820x720
>>342006056
>better than all of them at vidya

>thinking those beta orbiters don't let you win
>>
>>342006056
>what anon says
"I'm a girl"
>what is reality
"I'm a mentally ill guy on gender surgery queue"
>>
File: 1435940195768.png (331 KB, 700x3287) Image search: [Google]
1435940195768.png
331 KB, 700x3287
>>342006056
>>
>>342006056
>im a girl
prove it
>>
>>342001668
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N
>>
File: zelda.jpg (1 MB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
zelda.jpg
1 MB, 1500x1000
>>342001668
As a fellow grill gamer xD, I really really like Zelda, and I don't even know why lol xD? were such nerdz lol xD
>>
>>342006056
C O M P T O N
O
M
P
T
O
N
>>
>>342001668
>new school
You need to be 18 to he here.
Also no reason to mention gender.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.