[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone explain the new Xbox feature that allows PC users
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6
Can someone explain the new Xbox feature that allows PC users to play with console users?

Would this not give a clear advantage to PC users playing with Mouse and keyboard over controller?

Also obviously PC is master race but Sometimes i like to chill out on the couch and play but not if Im going to get owned by some monkey using a mouse.. doesnt seem right.
>>
>>342001137
I was curious about this too. There will probably be some sort of handicap in place for the console monkeys so they don't get dominated constantly
>>
>>342001137
Nigga, multiplats on PC. How hard is this to figure out?
>>
>>342001137
>the new Xbox feature that allows PC users to play with console users?
That doesn't exist.
>>
>>342001435
They had a live demo at e3 :(
>>
>>342001137
>>342001280
There are rumours of Xbone supporting mouse and keyboard soon.
>>
>>342001137
Attack on Titan is a great anime
>>
>>342001520
So I should switch to PS? I like the idea of playing console but only if it an even playing field.
>>
File: 1442378245724.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1442378245724.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>342001692
>>
File: 1442378474015.webm (3 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1442378474015.webm
3 MB, 480x270
>>342001803
>>
It's co-op only for certain games. For example, Forza Horizon 3 allows everything, because KB+M isn't an advantage in a racing game. But HaaW WaaW 2 only allows co-op crossplay.
>>
>>342001692

Bertholdt is the colossal titan. Reiner is the armoured titan.
>>
>>342002223
Ok right. This would be ok. So online FPS games would have a console restriction? But If I wanted to play campaign mode I can get a buddy to help from wherever?

The only downside I see to this would be if they had some really hard achievements which would be easily obtainable playing on PC.
>>
>>342002332
W-whoa you're fucking edgy for spoiling things that have been out for years!
>>
>>342001803
What if there are no fucking towers
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 2422x850) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 2422x850
KB/M Support for Xbone coming soon
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/06/microsoft-xbox-one-mouse-and-keyboard-support-is-months-away/

On a side note every Playstation console since the PS2 has natively supported KB/M
Yet I know of only 3 games that have ever used it
What the fuck devs
>>
>>342002543
I think they mention that in the show at some point.

Basically if there is nothing of decent height to hook onto you're just fucked more or less.
>>
>>342002448
They would. FPS/RTS are gonna be restricted to co-op only. But KI is cross play right now, simply because KB+M has no advantage against a controller in a figting game. Phil said he's open to the idea of lessening that with KB+M support for Xbone down the line, but it would still eb voluntary like KI, where you select crossplay or not.
>>
>>342002737
>http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/06/microsoft-xbox-one-mouse-and-keyboard-support-is-months-away/

Yes I know about this, however I thought it would be similar to the PS TAC4 which is a the KB/M for PS but the mouse only simulates the analogue stick rather than acting like a real mouse would on a pc ( like acceleration and shit)
>>
>>342003003
Here's a video of Unreal Tournament 3 for PS3 using KB/M
https://youtu.be/cmjCxwMsE7I
mouse aiming is 1:1

Also few years back i tried playing FFVII Dirge of Cerberus which had KB/M support on PS2
you aim with the mouse as you would on PC
>>
>>342003587
Well Fuck. If its the same as PC KB/M I suppose PC wins and Ill just play games on that.

KB/M with aim assist what a joke.
>>
Did everyone forget MS's cross platform initiative on the 360 that they quietly dropped because console users were getting absolutely trashed in Shadowrun?
>>
Shadowrun developers said that console gamers are better at FPS games when they did cross-play.

I'm guessing that analog controls are just more precise than a M&K. Think about it. When working with a camera, a mouse forces your cursor to move around so you have to adjust constantly, while an analog always remains relative, and you don't lose control.

PC gamers think that in a true match of features it comes down to the ease of a touchscreen. But it's nothing like that.

Also, console gamers have the benefit of ergonomic buttons. It's faster to tap a button with your thumbs, than it is to toggle fingers on a keyboard.
>>
>>342001137
Evolve or die.
>>
>>342004315
Other way around.

It was PC gamers that were getting stomped.
>>
>>342004948
but this is false, usualy auto aim is on by default on console fps. its much easier with a mkb to play an fps than a controller
>>
>>342004315
>>342005202
I have heard so many conflicting tales I don't know what to believe.

I heard that the game had negative mouse acceleration that couldn't be disabled which gimped mice users.
I've never played the game or owned a Microsoft console before though.
>>
>>342005424
The auto aim was also ridiculous for console players apparently: https://replayproject.wordpress.com/2010/07/29/more-cross-platform-ranting-shadowrun-and-more/
>>
>>342001905
10/10
and there hasn't been a single show as interesting and fun since.
>>
>>342005424
Me neither. I only watched the video of the developer talking about it at a convention.

>>342005301
Didn't Goldeneye/Perfect Dark have auto-aim off?

In any case, again, I doubt it. Your sensitivity with a mouse changes depending on how close or far the target is. On a analog it never alters, just how far you move.

Twilight Princess Wii runs into this issue, which is probably why they went with full motion control in SS. If Link is aiming at something, it's fine. Better than analog. But the moment he gets closer to a wall it becomes harder and harder, because the reticle will overshoot or come to a crawl, because there's no spacial connection for the camera to read.

This is also why it forces you to uses an analog when you use the Hawkeye (sniper scope basically). If the sensitivity didn't change then you wouldn't be able to control the camera, but if it adjusted relatively to the zoom, then yes, it COULD work. But what if something gets in your field of vision? You will overshoot again.
>>
There are already games that allow PC and console users to play together.

Dark Sector on PS4 does this.
>>
>>342001137
That depends on the game. Keyboard and mouse would give you a huge advantage in something like Halo, but you'll get shit on in Killer Instinct. But then, it's also true that PC can choose multiple types of input devices, and if you're seriously gaming on your PC you really should have a controller handy just in case anyway.
>>
>>342006727
Not Dark Sector.

Dark... something? Dark Star! That's it. Dark Star.
>>
>>342006568
Or if you point at the ground.
>>
>>342001905
Annie is olev
>>
>>342002737
>What the fuck devs
because most people dont want to buy extra peripherals to play one game
if it's just an option, that's fine
but why bother when no one's going to use it
>>
File: beitodesu.jpg (32 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
beitodesu.jpg
32 KB, 625x626
>>342007171
>Why bother with wheel support? Almost no one has one
>>
>>342001137
How would you get an advantage in a racing game, or any game that isn't a FPS?
>>
>>342007495
Nah obviously some games you dont get an advantage but like FPS games stuff like that.
>>
>>342007495
Because PC will be going 60 FPS while the Xbox will be going 30FPS! PC get's the inherent advantage of going TWICE as fast. How fucking stupid can you be?
>>
>>342002332
Yeah, no shit.
>>
>>342004948

Probably the dumbest thing i will read for the rest of the month.
>>
>>342001435
I just played rocket league with a friend on xbone.
>>
>>342007363
that's an excellent analogy, actually. Everyone who likes to play racing games more than casually has a wheel because it's an objective improvement over a controller. Not everyone who plays FPS is comfortable with a keyboard and mouse. Some prefer controllers.
There's your answer, fag.
>>
>>342002513
Eren ate his father to gain the ability to turn to a titan.
>>
>>342007960
You didn't even add the fact that both commander Erwin and Armin we just killed.
>>
>>342007942
That's not the "new feature."
>>
>>342007945
But keyboard and mouse is also objectively better:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJN1VvfHO4M
>>
>>342001137
I was paying attention to this, what I noticed was they kept referring to co-op. You can play with your friend versus AI, but in competitive games it's segregated by console.
>>
But /a/ told me only normies like Attack on Titan
>>
>>342008191
In the hands of players comfortable with both, there's only a minor variance. Instead of posting a game designed around snapshots meant to be played with a kb/m, why not post an FPS based on a game from this millenium, like shadowrun, or CoD, where players have competed directly with controllers and KB/M and ended up with similar scores and K:D.

Now i'll just wait for "BUT DURR COD IS SHIT", because you have no argument.
>>
>>342008364

>"In the hands of players comfortable with both there's only a minor variance"

Holy shit are you retarded? Any game that requires some form of precision shooting a mouse and keyboard user will dominate over anyone using a controller. There is no argument to be had here.
>>
>>342008212
I hope that is the case, would be a big shame otherwise.
>>
>>342002332
>Giving a shit about Attack on Titan
>>
>>342009376
I'm okay with this since KBM clearly have an advantage in RTS, with the shift and control keys allowing selections/deslections and making control groups, console wouldn't really be able to compete in a competitive match.

Even in coop I feel it will be easy to tell by each players micro.

I hope you will be able to do private competitive matches though, I'd like to play against one of my console friends
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.