[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
What went wrong?
>>
I dunno, I never played Sly
>>
Ugly Carma
>>
People think they want these kind of games but in reality rarely buy them, and they wonder why Sony or Activision are wary about bringing back Crash.
>>
Furries overtook it.
>>
Also the last boss is a fucking QTE boss
>>
>>341994487
>destroying the romance of bentley, which was a huge thing in Honor Among Thieves
> Not using the whole gang
> Everybody of them looks like shit
> Shit Story
>>
>>341997313
The Bentley and Penelope thing was so fucking weird, I mean the game was mediocre up until that point, but that just made me actively dislike it. I would kill to see what Sucker Punch could do with a new Sly game, their soul was totally absent from this shitty knock off.
>>
File: Before-After.png (239 KB, 500x347) Image search: [Google]
Before-After.png
239 KB, 500x347
>>341997853
The abrupt betrayal kind of killed the charm of the team dynamic for me.

They did hint at Bentley questioning his relationship with the group in the third game, but they just kind of throw Penelope under the bus for the fourth.
>>
File: 1455569246757.jpg (241 KB, 960x1011) Image search: [Google]
1455569246757.jpg
241 KB, 960x1011
>>341994487
I loved the originals as a lad but never got the fourth, after seeing the middling reviews with a different developer handling it.
>>
instead of discussing that shitheap called Sly 4 can we discuss what the first three did right?

Sly 2 was amazing it captured "video game" perfectly
>>
>>341998881
Jailbreak's still my favorite chapter. Loved the sequence of slowly reuniting the gang.
>>
Final boss was a QTE
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.