[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wii U
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: Untitled-2.jpg (214 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-2.jpg
214 KB, 1280x720
Devil's Third
Wonderful 101
Bayonetta 2
Xenoblade 2
MH Ultimate
Pikmin 3
Splatoon

Plus various traditional Ninty titles and upcoming Zelda game which looks good.

It's a piss poor showing but this is the amount of worthwhile exclusives that XBone and PS4 put together can't match.

So why did it die?
>>
We are not in the '90s anymore, what moves systems are not killer apps and exclusives, it's multiplats
>>
File: 13828188562376.jpg (77 KB, 959x721) Image search: [Google]
13828188562376.jpg
77 KB, 959x721
>Devil's Third
>>
>>341989030
Literally no one would buy a Wii U for those games dude. Majority probably haven't even heard of any of them.
>>
>>341989257
Great game
>>
>>341989198
That makes no economical sense.
>>
>>341989257
Surprisingly good if you can get past the graphics and occasional performance issue.
>>
>>341990007
Why not? If you want your game to sell the most it can sell, you put it on the most platforms possible
>>
>>341990207
>what moves systems are not killer apps
>>
>>341991029
Yes, because most people just want the multiplats. If you make a "killer app" for one console or the other you're tacitly saying you couldn't make it as a third party dev and had to rely on big daddy Sony or MS to fund you for their "exclusive" scams. But multiplats are generally above that. Sony and MS couldn't buy TES, GTA or CoD exclusivity. CoD is above them.
>>
>>341991438
Which third party dev can "make it"?

What argument is that supposed to be? Only people that can "make it" on their own are indie shitters and their RPG Maker games.
>>
I don't understand the hate for Devils Third. Is there some screen tearing? Ya but nothing worse than your average 360 game. Some mechanical problems? Maybe a little, but for the most part I was always able to pull off exactly what I wanted. Too easy? There are two bosses where you can stockpile shotgun/rocket launcher ammo over the course of a level, but it provides a decent challenge, especially at the end.

I had loads of fun with the game, and it's unfortunate it seems to just be another meme punching bag by "unbiased critics who just demand more" while they suck off the latest Ubishit or Mario rehash.
>>
>>341991758
I'm speaking of third party pubs having a far more rigorous and cut throat business environment. Fuck up and you're gone. Hell, don't even fuck up and you might still be gone. People who search for the comfy soft jobs under Sony or MS ownership are not the best and the brightest.
>>
>>341990020
This
although the community is dead :P should have made it free to play multiplayer version since it uses micro transactions
>>
>>341992538
And this market reality has bearing on hardware exclusives how?
>>
File: Tamaki.jpg (24 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Tamaki.jpg
24 KB, 400x400
>>341991796
People are always looking to hate new Nintendo exclusives.

Star Fox Zero is another great example.
>>
>>341993007
It means hardware exclusives will be made by for the most part shittier teams than multiplats. NaughtyDog is the exception, not the rule.
>>
File: 1452733419469.gif (3 MB, 425x425) Image search: [Google]
1452733419469.gif
3 MB, 425x425
>>341989030
People outside the ultra-hardcore gamer community don't give a rat's ass about "exclusives".

They want their Call of Duty, Battlefield, Madden, and FIFA on the most appealing-looking console out there, and they can't or don't want to wade in the words of dedicated PC gaming.

That leaves either Sony or Microsoft, and since Microsoft fucked up, Sony gets their bux by default.
>>
File: sketch-1466346977390.png (828 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
sketch-1466346977390.png
828 KB, 1080x1920
Because the PS4 and XB0 have every game you don't list
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.