[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
With all the updates, is it worth getting?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4
With all the updates, is it worth getting?
>>
No.
>>
>>341986742
Yes, ignore all the haters who are impatient manchildren thinking they're entitled to demanding content in an EARLY ACCESS game.
>>
No

Unique poster count +1
>>
>>341987204
This. I play it with a group of friends after years of playing the first one and we still have a blast.
>>
Nope. Every update makes the game worse and the devs are shit
>>
>auto aim railgun

>zeds teleport to you if theyre to far away

>skillcap is gone

just play the first one
>>
>>341986742
It's probably been getting actually worse with the updates, and it lacks the things I loved in KF1. Still a decent game, but it's not a real KF.
>>
>>341987204

fuck off Yoshiro
>>
I've been playing it because of the free weekend, and my only problem is how some enemies are huge bullet sponges. Most notable example for me is the Fleshpound. Like I know he's supposed to be the toughest monster, but unloading 20 shotgun shells into him doesn't really feel all that fun.

I'm also not a fan of the Patriarch who just runs away and heals himself (don't remember if that was in the first game).

Also the player movement speed feels too slow IMO.
>>
i liked it a lot before the last update with all the zed resistance bullshit ... bye bye firebug :(
>>
It's a free weekend, play it and make your own mind up.
>>
>>341988852
What happened? I still kill scrakes and fleshpounds easily with the microwave gun even on the higher difficulties
>>
it got worse
>>
So are they just going to stick with the whole "new class every 2 years" system? I can't believe I fell for the early access meme.
>>
still enjoyable desu
they fucked up balance with the last update though by adding some fucking bizzare resistance/weakness system nobody asked for, for example SMGs do 3x damage to trash now
>>
>>341988775
The patty always runs away when he is low to heal. It was just easier to run after him in KF1.
>>
File: gut und blut.png (292 KB, 400x296) Image search: [Google]
gut und blut.png
292 KB, 400x296
No. They'll release it with less classes than promised, at double the development time they predicted. Two classes and one boss are still completely missing, Zeds still teleport, classes only have 1 weapon per tier - instead we got microtransactions and a joke mode that nobody cares about, plus they developed a mobile game and a VR game on the side.

Don't reward their jewish trickery.
>>
>>341988390
>zeds teleport to you

Honestly, all of those other problems could have been non-existent and this still would have killed it for me completely.
>>
>>341988947
the one enemy that the firebug gets bonus xp for has fire resistance... it's just a stupid decision to make.
>>
>>341986742
>firebug nerfed to pure trash
>zed resistances make normally weaker zeds an even bigger chore on hoe
>feels super slow compared to kf1
the last one might just be not true, but honestly any class that doesnt get a speed buff while you level up runs slower than sin
>>
>>341988947
Those are probably the only two monsters that are weak to microwave weapons. Every other Zed resists fire and microwave damage. Ironic since you get bonus xp for crawlers.
>>
>>341988947
A lot of the trash zeds got stupid ass resistances. The most notable ones were crawlers who got a huge resistance to fire and stalkers who received a huge resistance to shotguns. In the end most classes who were meant to clear out trash cant to shit against the thing they were meant to take care of.
>>
>>341989004
It's rather disingenuous what they're doing. Their absolute focus as a developer should be to finish a game they've already sold to the customer. Not to put it on the back-burner while they focus on other ways to spin money.
>>
It has really bad gpu artifacting in reflections, both in amd and nvidia. Other than that it's very meh
>>
Nope, this game is being made for consoles in mind so it feels like a direct console port.
>>
>>341986742
Ignore it until it fully releases.
>>
No. It's been in EA for 1 year and all classes are still not out. Also, Versus mode nobody asked for, microtransactions, enemy teleporting because they wanted to kill the way people played the game and resistances because they also wanted to kill the game, too.
>>
>>341988390
>auto aim railgun

>using auto aim for a 50% damage penalty

enjoy not killing shit before it enrages and fucks you in the mouth
>>
>>341989834
Can't kill shit while it's stunned.
>>
god damn it! killing floor 2 WAS fun... now i don't want to play until the resistance shit is gone. Trash zeds shouldn't have resistances. Like stalkers? I think being fucking invisible is enough, don't you? Ok it makes sense that husks have fire resistance and scrakes are resistant to explosions just like before. MAYBE have one or two more minor things like that. I'm pissed they ruined my fun.
>>
>>341989464
what
>>
>>341990610
What exactly did they make resistant to what in order to warrant such backlash? I've heard about it a little but nothing specific at all.
>>
When the free to play is over the shilling will die down right? On a positive note I did enjoy some great games on Killing Floor last night.
>>
>>341990730
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GDpg2mN1l_86U_RaDug0glFx8cZCuErwxZLiBKl9SyY/edit?pli=1#gid=2076405357

I hopped on the game when SS came out and tried to test him out, and didn't even know about the Resistances thing. First I noticed that I zeds were dying a lot slower than usual and I thought it was just cause I'm a level 1 perk and that sharpshooter is a special killing class. Then I got to the bloat and it took 4 shots in the head to kill it. I stopped shortly after because I wasn't having any fun whatsoever. I later found out about what they did.
>>
>>341990730
i don't know all the specifics, but i'm pretty sure that EVERYTHING has at least one resistance now. It's like a fucking memory game trying to figure out what weapon to use against what enemy or just shooting something WAY too much. That being said, I think there are a few good changes they made in the recent patch. Like the demo giving grenades to the team is now a passive perk feature. And the Volter boss fight seemed more fun the one time i tried it. But then again they removed move speed increase as a passive for zerker and fucked up his perk skills and parrying survival.
>>
>>341986742
only if you have friends to play it with
>>
>>341989476
>1 year and all classes aren't out
just like the first game
>versus mode no one asked for
sorry for trying something new and inventive asshole
>microtransations
just like the first game
>enemy teleporting when to far
because its fucking stupid

you nostalgia fags need to remember that this is a 'new game' and as developers they want to try something new and different, rather then just recreating the same game but a little bit flashier
>>
>>341991476
Did you even read the fucking content schedule tripwire put out? They're WAY behind schedule. Fucking moron.
>>
No.
>>
File: 1464020903830.gif (688 KB, 440x247) Image search: [Google]
1464020903830.gif
688 KB, 440x247
>>341986742
>sprint

no
>>
File: 1451246069532.jpg (109 KB, 998x974) Image search: [Google]
1451246069532.jpg
109 KB, 998x974
>>341991476
I want you to look at the release and patch history and compare the amount of content released in a year compared to the first KF.
>>
>>341991835
>>
>>341991821
of all the things to criticize you pick that? taking out your knife/melee was effectively a "sprint", anyways.

I agree that sprint can ruin certain games, but I don't think that's the case in kf2.
>>
>>341991476
>hey guys, we're gonna have 10 classes and 3 bosses! It'll take approx. 6 months! Buy our game for only $30!
>more than 1 year later, 8 classes with one weapon per tier and only 2 bosses
>>
>>341992087
But got a PvP mode that absolutely nobody wanted!
>>
>>341991710
>>341991835
but readings for nerds
>>
>>341986742
.Buy it when it's on sale or on one of those discount PC prices.

Even if the game itself isn't great when it releases later this year, I expect the modding community to still pick up the slack and make cool shit like KF1.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.