[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who is cautiously optimistic towards Nintendo? BotW and Spla
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 71
File: image.png (31 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
image.png
31 KB, 600x400
Who is cautiously optimistic towards Nintendo?
BotW and Splatoon shows how good a product can be if the young minds take over
And the young minds are taking over (see: 'new' kind of Mario)
The younger people taking over development while the older chime in from the sidelines will give us many, many great games

Some great news:
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/05/nintendo-optimistic-about-removing-region-lock-for-next-console/
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/12/nx_wont_be_the_next_version_of_wii_or_wii_u_says_nintendo_president_tatsumi_kimishima
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/06/e3_2016_new_kind_of_mario_game_is_coming_says_shigeru_miyamoto

About the specs of the NX, I suspect it will be around Xbone standards, which is good enough for both 3rd parties and the casual player. Full 1080p 60 Fps will be good too. 'we are not about the specs' statement is being grossly overreacted to. There are many meanings to that statement, and given the context, I believe that Reggie meant the NX will be weaker than the Xbox Scorpio
>>
Bump, I want to know what you guys think
>>
Reminder Sticker Star and Color Splash were both made by a new team of young people.
>>
What will make or break the NX isn't its specs, it'll be the first party games. the fact that the Wii U didn't have an open 3D Mario, a Metroid, or a Zelda until its death really hurt it. I wouldn't shake two shits at its specs; it's not what you should be looking for when buying Nintendo consoles anyway.

Wait and see if the games it gets are good, then decide if you want to get it or not.
>>
>>341985463
Nah, it was Tanabe
Who basically ruined everything
>>
>>341985763
I have a feeling they are saving the goods for the NX
I mean, who wouldn't? No point in developing for a dead console
>>
>>341985763

3D Mario has never sold as well as 2D and Metroid is a niche series. Zelda isn't really a normie series either. Most of the people who would have bought it already bought the WiiU for other things.
>>
The only thing that really matters is if they can work with Japanese developers. There has been word of Nintendo talking to people over at Namco, Capcom, and SE (Nintendo has been shown to already have deep connections to all three companies). And it's been rumored that the big teams want out of the mobile market. And hope they can start to get Japanese players to buy consoles again. So if Nintendo can hook the Japanese again (Splatoon is right now the best selling console game over there) you might see more Japanese developers moving to Nintendo. That's really the only real way I can see Nintendo coming back. Since it's been shown that a only Nintendo game system has a limited market.
>>
>>341984602
>around Xbone standards, which is good enough for both 3rd parties and the casual player. Full 1080p 60 Fps will be good too

How does this work when Xbox One has games at 900p with 30FPS?
>>
>>341984602
>'we are not about the specs' statement is being grossly overreacted to
you're damn right there, there's too much shitflinging on either side going on. The statements mean absolutely, it's just PR talk.
This emotionalism in favour of considering the cold, hard facts needs to stop

Anyway, I really think Nintendo will hit it out of the park with the NX. I really get the feeling they understand what needs to be done. Their recent E3 showing is proof of that. The focus was Zelda, their new gem, and the trailer is about to become Nintendo's most watched video. The hype surrounding this game WILL be on OoT levels, enough to sell NX's at launch.

Combined with other NX titles that were obviously moved from Wii U to NX and we will have a strong launch going, exactly where the Wii U failed.

Will the NX outdo the competition? That's probably too much to ask for. But will it outdo the Wii U? Without a doubt, and more than doubly so.
>>
>>341987432
>would be good too

Sorry if my wording was bad. I meant that that would be the best case scenario
>>
>>341984602
>About the specs of the NX, I suspect it will be around Xbone standards, which is good enough for both 3rd parties and the casual player. Full 1080p 60 Fps will be good too.

You're suspicions are founded on NOTHING.

Also, if you were correct, it should be noted that most Xbone games can't achieve 1080p60, so how would a similarly specced underpowered piece of shit be able to?

Nintendo fucked us with the Wiimote gimmick.

Nintendo fucked us with the Gamepad gimmick.

Nintendo fucked us with underpowered hardware, leading to miserable 3rd party support.

Nintendo fucked us with region locking.

To answer your question, OP: No, I am not optimistic about whatever the fuck the NX is, because of the direction Nintendo have taken in teh recent past.
>>
>>341985463
Its that cunt Tanabe. He ruined metroid and now paper mario
>>
>>341985763

Nonsense.

None of those games are system sellers.

The reason the Wii U flopped is because the marketing was awful, and the casual market who bought 100 million Wiis thought the Wii U was just some sort of peripheral and not a new console.

Nintendo made their bed by pandering to casuals with the Wii fad.

Now they have to lie in it because fads die.
>>
>>341988052
Yes, they just need to fucking advertise the NX

They need a catchy catchphrase like 'Wii would like to play' or something
>>
I don't care who the fuck does stuff as long as Monoltih Soft's working on more vidya.
>>
>>341988427
"This console stinks! "

Think Nintendo will hire me?
>>
>>341984602
>traditional controller with scrolling shoulderbuttons
> slighty better than ps4
> not way too expensive
> zelda edition

cooooount me in!
>>
>>341988427

Fads don't work second time round.

The NX will probably fail as hard as the Wii U if it's simply a new console.

Nintendo can't compete with Sony and MS on market share anymore and people are tired of their gimmicks. We'll have to wait and see what NX actually is before making a call on it, but I'm not optimistic.

What I want NX to be:
>powerful enough to compete with Neo/Scorpio
>3rd party support
>Entire Nintendo back catalogue (including Wii U)
>Traditional controller
>Traditional console

What we'll probably get:
>Underpowered shit
>some new gimmick
>No 3rd party support
>>
>>341988898
I'm all ok with power but competing with TWO giant tech companies in the arms race?
That's a shitty idea.
It should be powerful enough to look presentable and able to have many things on screen(s) at once.
I'd rather have high depth of field with shit graphics (unpolished diamond) than shit depth of field with pop-ins with decent-at-best graphics (polished turd)
Because at the end of the day, none can beat a properly built PC on the same price range when it comes to graphics.
>>
>>341989372
Scorpio is unbeatable now
>>
>>341989372
>I'm all ok with power but competing with TWO giant tech companies in the arms race?
>That's a shitty idea.

It might be a shitty idea to you, but not competing or matching a standard being set by other companies means that third parties simply won't develop games for the underpowered console, like what happened with Wii U.

It's not a good thing to not have 3rd party support on your console.

So no, it's not a shitty idea.
>>
>>341989772
By the time it comes out, it will have been outdated by a year and a half. The Scorpio's specs are high end (not even max end) TODAY.

They also didn't mention what the CPU will be. The PS4 would be singificantly more powerful if the shitty CPU wasn't bottlenecking it up the ass.
>>
>>341987819
Nintendo's really good at making games look and perform really good despite shitty hardware. Mario Kart 8 is still one of the nicest looking games of this gen
>>
File: carmack console vs pc.jpg (24 KB, 633x193) Image search: [Google]
carmack console vs pc.jpg
24 KB, 633x193
>>341990560
Nintendo knows their consoles inside and out. And know how to squeeze as much power as they can. Unlike Sony who just threw in The Cell thinking how amazing it was but because no one understood the fucking thing no one could take advantage until are at the very end of it's life time.

Hell look at Mario Galaxy and Xenoblade on the Wii. Some of those games still look amazing.
>>
>>341984602
The NX is more powerful than ____________
>>
Its an Nvidia Tegra powered Android tablet.

>its gonna compete with the xbone guys!
>>
>>341991290
Source?
>"RUMOUR"

Lmao
>>
>>341985330
You can't bump your own thread, OP.
>>
>>341991394
S|A got confirmation that Nintendo ordered millions of new Tegra SoCs. They put the article behind a paywall. That isn't a rumor.
Nintendo themselves have in the past stated that NX is a platform which would run Android.

Its a Tegra powered Android tablet. This millions of shitposts that are guaranteed to follow the reveal will be one of the greatest things in this board's entire history.
The reason why Nintendo stated that the NX isn't replacing the WiiU is because it isn't. They're not releasing another home console.
>>
>>341991708
>Nintendo themselves have in the past stated that NX is a platform which would run Android
They really haven't unless you got a source
>>
>>341987329
>Capcom, and SE (Nintendo has been shown to already have deep connections to all three companies).
Gotta be careful with Capcom and SE. They used to fuck Nintendo over more than once.

>Namco
If things would have gone different, Nintendo would own them since they bought Monolith Soft.
>>
>>341991149
Apple II?

Personally it's not really the power anyways. Nintendo has been show to be able to work great with the specs they set themselves. Maybe not resolution but in just art design and color which last gen lost. Personally a lot of Wii U games look just as good as PS4 games. But mostly because I hate the realistic look. We are reaching the uncanny valley and no amount of power right now will fix that.
>>
>>341991708
This would be the worst
>>
>>341991856
Get with the times. If you're this clueless then there is no point in spoon feeding you.

Cry, whine, and shitpost all you want. I'll screen cap your post to add to the enormous collage I'll be making. I've been thinking of catchy titles for it. So far "The Trillion Toddler Tears" is at top of the list.
>>
>>341991913
>If things would have gone different, Nintendo would own them since they bought Monolith Soft.
Didn't the Japanese government stop the merger? Saying it would case Nintendo to basically own a massive chunk of both gaming and anime?

Capcom right now seem happy with Monster Hunter on 3DS. And if things keep working out I'm guessing MH5 will be on NX. As for SE Dragon Quest 11 was said to be thought of being porting to NX.
>>
>>341992024
I don't know if this is some weird bait, but I don't give a shit if the NX runs fuckin Windows Mobile, I'm just telling you that they never said it would run Android.
>>
I won't be buying one unless a Metroid game is announced and confirmed for it.

I love Metroid and I assumed that the Wii U would get a brand new Metroid game during it's life cycle. Would it be 2D and use the gamepad? Would it be a new Prime game with amazing modern graphics? I was so hyped, and here we are years later and they never even so much as acknowledge Metroid's existence. Fucking hate how hard I got burned on that one. Every other Nintendo console I purchased had a good Metroid title except Wii U.
>>
File: 1422173452811.jpg (74 KB, 916x706) Image search: [Google]
1422173452811.jpg
74 KB, 916x706
>>341991708
welp RIP in pieces Nintendo
>>
>>341992206
metroids a dead series fellow anon :(
>>
We dont need young people we need Miyamoto
>>
File: 1394192149067.jpg (193 KB, 920x697) Image search: [Google]
1394192149067.jpg
193 KB, 920x697
>TGS 2016
>MHXG announced as launch title for the NX

I can't fucking wait
>>
specs first, and then ill think about it

if it can run breath of the wild at 1080p at 60 (as it should) maybe.

I bought the Wii U and play TWO games, and while I sunk a lot of time into both of them, I regret it somewaht
>>
>>341992090
>Didn't the Japanese government stop the merger? Saying it would case Nintendo to basically own a massive chunk of both gaming and anime?
Yes indeed. Bit weir´d that the government took it to heart.
>Capcom right now seem happy with Monster Hunter on 3DS. And if things keep working out I'm guessing MH5 will be on NX. As for SE Dragon Quest 11 was said to be thought of being porting to NX.
Yes and I hope it continue since they unfucked themselve, but the last time big things for Nintendo were announced, RE4 ended up on PS2 and SE started to limit Nintendo on what to localize in the early 3DS/Wii(U) era.
>>
>>341992650
Well we stop mergers too here in the US. Monopoly laws are there for a reason. I do wonder what it actually would be like if they did merge. Either way Monolith seem to be really happy with where they are and Nintendo seem happy with the sales they bring in.

As for those two it really just matters on if Nintendo can help win back Japanese gamers. Since they are what Japanese gaming companies are really worried about. With all of them abandoning everything but 3DS for their phone. I've just heard rumors of them wanting to win back the Japanese market again. Hence why SE is diving back into the console market in a big way while the past 10 years they have been more or less quiet outside of Eidos which SE has been having problems with them.
>>
>>341992024

the catchy title has to do with something about modern nintendo and their arrogance.

And yes, not being a console would make sense "get one while you still can" sounds weird as fuck to me.
>>
>>341991708
For their new handheld, likely

And source on the android?
>>
>>341987819
The irony of this post
>>
>>341993103
>Hence why SE is diving back into the console market in a big way while the past 10 years they have been more or less quiet outside of Eidos which SE has been having problems with them.
Which is ironic since SE was huge on mobile since the early 2ks.
>>
>>341984602
Got more pessimistic about the NX, it will be the Wii U all over again when the Neo and Scoripio comes out. And when Reggie made that statement about it not being about power you just know it will be shit. Xbox and Sony both have power and can make good games too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpqWuABmQdY
>>
>>341991707
>bump
>Bring Up My Post
hownew.ru
>>
>>341993349
I don't need a source faggot what are you stupid?
>>
>>341993615
There is nothing wrong with the statement though
He is just saying the marketing point are the games
>>
>>341993793
I hope this is ironic

Anyway what version of the Tergra soc chip did they order?
>>
>>341984602

> cautiously optimistic

I'm not since I'm not gonna break down if Nintendo doesn't deliver. If I like something I get excite over it, getting excitement in spoonfuls ain't fun.
>>
>>341993615
>ReviewFatUSA!USA!USA!USA!
Yeah, I'm not going to listen to someone who constantly takes rumors as halftrue, and is friends with a person who claims they're friends with Losttrap.
>>
>>341985763
I don't think Metroid is a killer-app for Nintendo
>>
>>341985763
Nope they need third party to be relevant.
>>
>>341991708
>Tegra

What if....WHAT IF!

The Tegra is the processor for the controller?
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 330x315) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 330x315
>>341994271
I don't know what to say about this
But have a smug face for your effort
>>
>>341984602
I have zero desire to purchase a "hardcore" gaming system for 10 year olds.

>look at these specs, it'll compete with the Xbone and PS4 for sure
>check out this new Mario

They are shit and they've been shit for years now.
>>
How NX can win 2017:

There needs to be an NX Home and an NX Go. They share all of their software 100%

Zelda BOtW
Monster Hunter main series title
Splatoon 2
Mario Maker 2

All four of those need to come out in 2017 and all four need to be playable on both home console and handheld. Launch a HUGE marketing campaign for Splatoon 2 in Japan and make sure everyone and their grandmother knows you can splat on a handheld.
>>
>>341984602
It could be the greatest system of all time, but it won't matter so long as Bill & Reggie continue to rape and butcher the games.
>>
>>341994419
Are you talking about the PS4 or Xbone anon?
>>
>>341993891
Yeah, it's ironic. It's basically >>341992024 distilled to its most basic form
>>
>>341994076
He shows the statement from Reggie in that video so none of it is rumors.
>>
>>341994656
mario maker and super smash bros will be ported
>>
>>341994271
Nobody buys third party games on Nintendo consoles

The dudebros will always get a PS4 for the COD/FIFA shit
>>
>>341991708
I mean, this is most likely bullshit, but in case this is true I can't fathom the how grand the the NX Ragnarök shitpost day would be.
>>
>>341994717
He usually comments on NX rumors as if they were true. That's what I meant.
>>
>>341984602
Can we stop with this "splatoon is good!" shit already? Its mediocre as hell. You play it for 2 hours and you have already seen EVERYTHING the game has to offer. Its another shallow neo-nintendo game. Seriously stop this shit.
>>
I'm pretty sure the NX will be Nintendo's dreamcast.
>>
>>341994717
The statement is taken wholly out of context by many
>>
>>341994656
Then watch as the console one sells like shit.
>>
Calling it now. NX will be roughly as strong as Xbone is currently.

NX will launch with Splatoon 2, Smash Wii U Port, Zelda, some Platinum exclusive, and some Retro studios game, most likely Donkey Kong. Dont forget the obligatory minigame collection.

It will come with the Nintendo Pro Controller and the "Stream" controller- which is basically a tablet with analog sticks. Stream is optional, but devs can make use of it. Allows you to access your NX remotely from anywhere and play your console games on the go. Stream has 32 GB of RAM and a Tegra processor, in addition to a sleep mode. It can load a whole game onto its RAM for you to play on the go, even without an internet connection!
>>
>>341986835
I feel that. I think what they really needed at launch was big multiplayer stuff like Mario Kart, Smash, and Splatoon. If that stuff was at launch it would have been huge, since those games releases did cause a large impact on sales of Wii U, but because they didn't come until the Wii U had already existed for a year or two, it might have been too little, too late.
>>
File: 1464316389010.jpg (144 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1464316389010.jpg
144 KB, 800x800
There were rumours a while back that Nintendo was planning to go full mobile. We haven't seen the NX yet but how likely is this true?
>>
>>341994983
Day 1 buy for me desu
>>
>>341995049
They've barely started going mobile. Full mobile would take a few years.
>>
>>341994901
He says posting a 2hu
>>
>>341994983
HOW are you going to stream without an internet connection. Are you retarded or just clueless?
>>
>>341995190
>play on the go
Anon I think he mean the controller is a handheld
>>
File: 59483221q31.jpg (34 KB, 344x341) Image search: [Google]
59483221q31.jpg
34 KB, 344x341
remember when speculating about new consoles were fun?
now its only about how big nintendo can fuck up this time.
>>
File: 1424369920338.gif (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1424369920338.gif
1 MB, 640x360
>>341995416
I'm having fun with that in a sad, depressing kind of way.
>>
File: Iwata-and-the-Bananas.jpg (62 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Iwata-and-the-Bananas.jpg
62 KB, 1280x720
Nintendo is a total wild card in this situation. But really you need to look at what will work best for japan.
It took multiple generations of the DS to properly work with america in mind and most even big games didnt work as well until later. Nintendos market is japs so it will most likely be really cheap. It might be an expansion on the current system or at the very least be backwards compatible.

Whats the Gimmick going to be?
Just more power? New controller? Modular? OS? Mobile and console shared library?
>>
>>341995190
you load the entire game onto the RAM of the stream controller while at your house and before you go out. As long as you dont fully turn the thing off (aka- use sleep mode) or let the battery die, you should be able to run it with the RAM and the Tegra processor. Obviously the render scaling will have to be toned down, and certain other graphical features and filters will have to be dropped for certain games, but it should work fine.
>>
Who will take Nintendo's place when they leave the hardware market? Apple?
>>
>>341995479
>>341995416
It's just you two bitter idoits here
Some people are still having fun speculating ITT
>>
>>341995337
What I meant was that the controller is literally just a cellphone\tablet but with analogue sticks and a fuck ton of RAM.
>>
File: 1339198825542.png (68 KB, 183x319) Image search: [Google]
1339198825542.png
68 KB, 183x319
>>341995479
WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT THING?!

It's cute!
>>
>>341995416
The problem is Nintendo has always been weird with their consoles and we are at a time where video game rumors spread like wildfire.

Right now I don't really care about what anyone says. I just want to know what the console actually is and what 3rd party developers will be working with it. And I don't see Ubisoft and other big western developers count since they are just going to be multiplatform anyways.
>>
>>341995607
No, it's just you two idiots who are actually excited.

The rest of us know better.
>>
File: 1452560294702.jpg (9 KB, 118x160) Image search: [Google]
1452560294702.jpg
9 KB, 118x160
>>341988898

if it's around ps4 level it should be fine, i don't think a lot of people are going to jump on neo/scorpio. at least i hope not. this industry is going to go down the shitter quick if sony and MS get retards to buy into that shit
>>
>>341995948
I am not excited, but I am not bitter

Do I exist?
>>
>>341995967
You underestimate the power of fanboys, LPers and germans.
>>
File: 1447489338240.png (654 KB, 580x582) Image search: [Google]
1447489338240.png
654 KB, 580x582
>NX
>Releasing in March 2017
>Likely somewhere between $300-$350
>Launching with Zelda and possibly a "new type of Mario"

>Scorpio
>Launching Holiday 2017
>Likely upwards of $500
>Not a new console, but a means of playing your existing library better
>Above likely applies to the Neo as well

The gap between the NX and the Neo/Scorpio, the cost difference, and a strong launch library could very well give Nintendo an edge.

We'll just have to wait and see.
>>
>>341996303
People would just get original PS4/X1s cause NX won't have any third party support.
>>
>>341996008
You're not thinking.

So no.
>>
>>341996303
Will the 1.5 versions gain any traction?
Somehow I don't think they will
>>
>>341996442
> cause NX won't have any third party support.

and you know this because?
>>
What if the NX will be console that can be simply upgraded with additional tech? Making it more powerful in a year and not as expensive as buying a upgrade console three years after "NX Basic" released?
>>
>>341996509
I hope they flop hard and Sony/Microsoft never pull that shit ever again.
>>
>>341996509
It'll be the same kind of people who got PS4/X1 at launch, even though there weren't many gamest that took advantage of the extra power, that'll be looking at neo/scropio.
>>
File: 1439435942201.jpg (167 KB, 690x460) Image search: [Google]
1439435942201.jpg
167 KB, 690x460
>>341984602
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/06/e3_2016_ubisoft_is_confident_that_nintendo_nx_can_recapture_lapsed_wii_players

Not at all.
>>
>>341996623
Like what Sega did?
>>
>>341996604
I'm from the future, obviously.
>>
cant wait for the next region locked system with no third party support and first party games that suck because they're designed to try and prove the worth of whatever dumb controller it has.

that they'll abandon near immediately if it isnt a huge success
>>
>>341996509
Initially, probably not

But eventually, upgrade after upgrade, the difference will become clear to even the most tech-illiterate of consumers.

Like phones, basically.
>>
>>341996740
Or like Nintendo with the N64 Expansion Pack.
>>
>>341996509
It all depends. how successful it is at what it does. and how long it takes for them to make exclusives to it and what the market says about it
>>
File: 9585440.jpg (34 KB, 300x500) Image search: [Google]
9585440.jpg
34 KB, 300x500
>>341996107
>and germans
whoa
>>
>>341996738
Do you trust Ubisoft or the president himself
>>
>>341996906
Germans are suckers for Playstation and XBox.
>>
File: 457345634673.png (99 KB, 247x248) Image search: [Google]
457345634673.png
99 KB, 247x248
>>341996990
>and xbox

only britshits care about that thing outside of murika
>>
>>341996990
I work in retail and Xbox One is not doing well in germany, at all.
Ps4? Sure but that counts for most of the world.

I myself own mostly Nintendo consoles due to mild fanboyism and lack of interest in Sony IP's and money.

Can't say I know many other Nintendo fans personally, but online there are quite a few.
>>
>>341996990
Germans used to be big PC gamers. It's kind of amazing how Sony turned them into console peasants.
>>
Gonna leave this here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpqWuABmQdY
>>
>>341996738
my favourite exclusive for the Wii U is Rayman Legends. What a gem! Ubisoft really poured everything they had into this exclusively exclusive title
>>
>>341984602
>Who is cautiously optimistic towards Nintendo?

Aslong as the Censorship-house exists, Nintendo is dead to me.
>>
>>341997217
He's a retard who doesn't listen to other things going on.

Nintendo's new system is going to be lower end, probably only around or slightly above the Xbone because it's designed to run the same games as their new handheld and having a SUPER HUGE power gap between the two platforms would just make more work for developers.
>>
>>341996303
There is so many wrong this with this
>>
>>341988898
While you're right about fads, Nintendo really does need to step their advertising game up. Did the Wii U have advertisements? The only game advertisement I can think of off the top of my head is the Splatoon one.

People won't buy what they don't know about, you know?
>>
>>341997359
>>341997359
>>341997359

THIS
>>
>>341997156
>I work in retail and Xbox One is not doing well in germany, at all.
Really? I thought Bone was doing great. We've got quite the dudebros and sportsbuddies who should all over the Bone.
>>
>>341997761
I also thought Europe is the house of normies
>>
>>341997761
Well I also know someone who works in the videogames department at Saturn and he told me even there it's not really doing well.
>>
The NX will be a WiiU in sheep's clothing.

It's already been confirmed that the controller will have a screen.

Like Sony and Microsoft - it's 8th gen version 2.0 rather than a new gen system.
>>
File: 1419014916573.jpg (280 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1419014916573.jpg
280 KB, 1920x1080
>Nintendo will surely do well THIS TIME

Will Nintendofags ever learn?
>>
I will buy the NX if it's a portable Wii u

Otherwise I'll wait to emulate zelda
>>
File: 1466017905935.png (146 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1466017905935.png
146 KB, 512x512
>>341998001
>It's already been confirmed that the controller will have a screen.
>>
>>341998001
Source
>>
>>341997378
Then explain
>>
As long as they actually market it, the gimmick isn't too intrusive/off putting and it's powerful enough to run multiplats so cucksole-only crowd have a reason to buy it then I see no reason why it wouldn't be a good buy.
>>
>>341991708
>The NX will also have Warband on it
The dick intensifies
>>
>>341998082
to be fair mk8 did help boost wii u sales by a significant amount
>>
File: hahahahahaha.jpg (32 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
hahahahahaha.jpg
32 KB, 400x400
>>341998082

>Wii U
>14 million sales by March 2014
>>
File: 1455868499005.png (224 KB, 650x700) Image search: [Google]
1455868499005.png
224 KB, 650x700
>>341984602
The problem is the same problem Nintendo has always had - they release their console halfway into a cycle with specs on-par with the competition, but with the caveat of having nogaems. If you had to choose between the three, there's no way you would ever choose the Nintendo console because you don't get as much bang for your buck. Same thing happened to the Wii U.

They're chronically on catch-up. Worse, they miss a ton of releases that would otherwise be on every platform, the devs of which are now occupied on other projects so the ports will never come, or will take a long time to come.

Also, I'm never buying another Nintendo console again after seeing all that dumbing down and removal of vast swaths of content their 'localization' department does on a regular basis.
>>
File: v expert knowledge.jpg (237 KB, 993x965) Image search: [Google]
v expert knowledge.jpg
237 KB, 993x965
>>341998082
oh two people can play this game anon
>>
>>341998538
Would you buy if it is region-free?
>>
>>341996635
>I hope Sony and ms keep desperately trying to keep garbage hardware alive with shitty games that are too technically ambitious for their platform
>>
>>341997378
He's speculating but it all makes sense
>>
>>341990910
Keep in mind Carmack is not referring to a flat double performance, rather, it's if it's tailored to the platform.

Multiplats are never optimized and expect 1:1 (PC:console) or worse.
>>
File: hmm.jpg (135 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
hmm.jpg
135 KB, 500x500
>Wii U lowest selling Nintendo console to date
>3DS lowest selling Nintendo handheld to date
>Wii U has the weakest first party library to date (One non exclusive Zelda and Bayonetta 2 with some 5 hour long cookie cutter platformers)
>NX has less hype behind it than the Xbox and PS4 1.5
>Nobody even knows what the fuck it is and it's releasing next March
>Not even showed at E3
>likely has some gimmick
>Wii U not even seen as a competitor to the PS4 or Xbox One
>Smartphones taking up that handheld market
>Iwata literally killed himself due to the disgrace that was the Wii U
>Nintendo will finally die in your life time

Feels good
>>
File: 1459915235533.png (32 KB, 808x805) Image search: [Google]
1459915235533.png
32 KB, 808x805
>>341998757
F
U
C
K
I
N
G

D E L E T E T H I S
>>
File: n-no games!.png (399 KB, 602x819) Image search: [Google]
n-no games!.png
399 KB, 602x819
>>341998582

Who cares about 1 game that did better than was initially thought?

When you release 1 game every 4 months it's bound to sell well.
>>
>>341998757
>NX has less hype
Source

I'm still not counting the fact that half your posts are speculations about the NX
>>
Abandon thread, it is becoming a cesspool of console wars now
>>
>>341998897
You can't get hype about something you don't know about
>>
>>341998994
not like we know anything about scorpio and neo either
>>
File: 021300321023.png (69 KB, 1058x1079) Image search: [Google]
021300321023.png
69 KB, 1058x1079
>>341998296
>>341998731

None of it makes sense. The only reason the Wii U even broke 10 million sales was because it released with zero competition.

See >>341998757

Nobody even knows what the fuck the NX is and it's less than 1 year from release. It's going to flop hard as fuck like every Nintendo console (outside of the outlier Wii) and it will flop even harder than the Wii U because it's actually going to have competition.

The Wii U released when the PS360 were at the end of their life cycles whereas the PS4/Xbox One (going by their "upgrades") are only half way through theirs (especially with the PS4s upcomming exclusive library).

Thinkings the NX will do better than the Scorpio/PS4 Neo is just a overly optimistic speculation from Nintencucks
>>
>>341984602
>Full 1080p 60 Fps will be good too.
Even a game with 2D graphics can be 1080p/60FPS
>>
>>341998607
Except the Neo and Scorpio is supposed to work together with the PS4/Xbone, you will still play the same games with the dev ambitions.

What a waste of hardware.
>>
I'm about this close to just hacking my Wii U with Loadliine

I dont play MK8 online anymore and its dying. Playing smash 4 with /v/ is stupid to since they all suck ass hair. Pokken was just fucking shit and all the nay sayers of it being dead got btfo since there are 0 discussion on it.

Then again I own every game worth a fuck for this system.

Is it possible to pirate N64 games from the e store to?
>>
>>341998994
The mystery and discussion makes people more excited for the news
And now that we have a reveal date the hype will continue to build
>>
>>341998607
>I hope sony and ms set a trend to make it okay to upgrade your console every 2 years
>>
>>341999062
They just have more powerful hardware

PS4 will keep obliterating the competition
>>
>>341987819
>Nintendo fucked us with region locking.

Was there ANYTHING worth importing for the Wii U?
>>
>>341999139
>0 discussion
I see you only browse /v/

Matchmaking is still fast in my experience
>>
File: 1426360564499.jpg (342 KB, 918x758) Image search: [Google]
1426360564499.jpg
342 KB, 918x758
>>341999062

We at least know that they will be consoles and not gimmickshit like 99% of Nintendo consoles

>HURR, N64 HAS CARTRIDGES
>HURR, GAMECUBE HAS MEME DISKS
>HURR, Wii HAS WAGGLE SHIT
>HURR, WII U HAS GAMEPAD SCREEN, LOL
>HURR, NX HAS......

Every fucking time they fuck themselves over.
>>
>>341998605
No, because a PS4 is region-free and probably has 5x the gaems the Nx, in both quality and number that the PS4 will ever have.

Not to say that I'd necessarily buy it anyway. More likely to pick up a Vita soonish to play my weeaboo games (and a few simpleish untranslated ones) because that has actually built a substantial weeb library.
>>
>>341999182
>The mystery and discussion makes people more excited for the news

That only applies to the stupid Nintendrones

In the real world, nobody gives a shit.
>>
>>341999290
cartridges and mini discs were just bad design decisions, not gimmicks. the consoles themselves were fine
>>
>>341985763
>What will make or break the NX isn't its specs,
It will if developers have grievances.
>>
>>341999091
And why would the neo or Scorpio be successful?
For one, the Scorpio is overpriced. $500 is ridiculous
If I am not wrong the NX releases in March, while the other guys get released in the holidays. The competition will be lessened by then

In fact, releasing it with competition will get more attention, with sales wars and whatnot

Now they just need to market it
>>
File: 1NHmfzb.jpg (169 KB, 910x715) Image search: [Google]
1NHmfzb.jpg
169 KB, 910x715
>>341984602
>There are people on /v/ who will buy the NX after how bad the Wii U's library was
Do you retards never learn?
>>
>>341998757
>Wii sold 100+ million units
>DS sold 150+ million units
>3DS sold 60+ million units so far
>People still think Nintendo is going to fold anytime soon
>Complaining there's not enough hype for an unannounced piece of hardware

Sonyggers manage to outdo nintendrones every time
>>
>>341999378
And Imma need a source for that familia
>>
>>341999290
ah yes, I also remember when the Wii flopped, selling less than even the Gamecube.

And N64 cards where brilliant with almost zero loading times. Too bad people preferred watching movies even back then
>>
File: 1449463669888.png (119 KB, 712x920) Image search: [Google]
1449463669888.png
119 KB, 712x920
What are Nintendo thinking? Why didn't they show the NX at E3?

It's meant to release in FUCKING MARCH. Why are they so fucking bad at marketing?
>>
>>341999280
I'm sure Pokeautist still play it doesnt mean it isnt shit.
>>
>>341999613
I hope no one is stupid to buy that piece of shit at launch. At least wait a year or two.
>>
>>341999613
Dedicated directs would gain more press converge as many many things are revealed at e3 at once

So it's an okay marketing move.
>>
>>341999378
every time i see nintendo news on facebook there's a ton of people talking about it
>>
>>341997615
Star Fox Zero had TV ads, movie ads, a promotional anime (that was also livestreamed), and a Gamestop promotion
>>
>>341999290
-Cartridges put off developers
-Minidiscs wouldn't be a problem if developers were still using CDs
-Waggle wasn't a problem by itself, However a standard controller wasn't packed in with the console, which limited developers. CCPro happened because of MonHun3
-The gamepad screen isn't bad in on itself. It's the part about it sucking up system resources that spells trouble.
>>
>>341999673
>moving goalposts
You said it's dead. I said people still play it

And about MK8, the online is still fast. You would know it if you have the game
>>
>latching on to the Wii that released before smart phones were popular

The Wii filled the casual market and they've been on the decline ever since. Just look at your own figures.

>3DS sold literally under 50% of what he DS sold
>Wii U sold literally 10-20% of what the Wii sold

If that's not a sorry sight then I don't know what is. The Wii U is shaping up to sell less than the fucking Gamecube and N64, it's a complete disaster. The Gameboy advance sold more than the 3DS.

>b-but Sony

Every time
>>
>>341999738
>Facebook

Kuk
>>
>>341999847
>3Ds sold under the best selling handheld

HOLD THE FUCKING PHONE
>>
>>341999613
1. Not revealing anything for the competition before they show they shit.

2. Not showing anything before good number of games are ready.

3. They're going to make a own event for it. Maybe even Spaceworld 2016.

4. No showstealers by Sony and MS that way.
>>
>>341999464

The Scorpio won't be successful, but it will be more successful than any Nintendo console, you can bet on that.
>>
>>341993103
I thought the Mobile Bubble was close to popping over in japan?
>>
>>341999847
because the DS and GBA didn't have to compete with the market shrinking due to phones, you're not going to see DS/PS2 numbers for anything again at this rate
>>
>>341999948
And I want to hear why you think so
>>
>>341999919

It sold under their worst selling handheld, the Gameboy Advance.

Try reading my whole post next time kiddo.
>>
>>341984602
>BotW
>good product
When will this finally end?
>>
10 years of underpowered hardware and gimmicks have stolen optimism for this company from me. The only thing I'm watching for from them is the new Zelda, and thats just to see how and when they fuck it up somehow.
>>
>>341999482
I got my money out of the Wii U.
>Making a shitty girl protag
>>
>>341999919
>>341999919
>>3Ds sold under the best selling handheld

3DS sold even less than the PSP
>>
>>341999613
>Announce console at E3
>It has to compete with literally everyone else
>Announce console at a Direct during a slow news draught
>It's all anyone hears about for months
>>
>>342000001

PS4 is already outperforming the PS2 significantly at the rate it's going.

>>342000017

see >>341999613

Nobody even knows what the fuck it is and Nintendos Wii U wasn't even close to as competitive as the Xbox One this gen. I'm going by past performances and outside of the Wii, Microsoft has been Nintendo 2 out of the 3 Generations they had consoles.

Original Xbox outsold the Gamecube
Xbox One outsold the Wii U (despite releasing later)

Scorpio already has more buzz around it than the NX from what i've been seeing. Nobody even knows what the fuck the NX is.
>>
File: 1384725768874.png (218 KB, 506x513) Image search: [Google]
1384725768874.png
218 KB, 506x513
>>341993103
>We stop mergers too here in the US. Monopoly laws are there for a reason.

You guys don't stop shit and your monopoly laws are a joke
>>
>>342000190
>3DS sold even less than the PSP

is 80 million suddenly bad or something?
>>
I know I'm going to get an NX eventually. They would have to fuck up massively for me not to get one.
>>
>>341999613
>What are Nintendo thinking? Why didn't they show the NX at E3?

because they can have their own event and have all the attention on them instead of competing for it with other companies at the same time.
>>
File: holy fuck.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
holy fuck.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
I can't wait to hear the

"I-IT WAS THE POOR MARKETING!"

Posts when the NX flops
>>
>>342000312
Nope

But you know that the handheld market is shrinking quite fast

If Nintendo release another handheld. It will sell less.
>>
File: rubberneckers.jpg (469 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
rubberneckers.jpg
469 KB, 1280x720
>>342000180
Wii U was worth it after 2-3 years but if you bought it at launch you're undeniably a retard. Same deal with NX, it'll have droughts just as bad if not worse.
>>
I'm sure the NX will

>be underpowered
>get a decent library of Nintendo exclusives over its life

So I will just wait a few years and buy one when it's cheap and has games.
>>
>>342000253
Well I still don't see any evidence

For me more people are talking about the NX

/v/ is a good example of that
>>
>>341999516
Ooh, I can do that too!
>PS2 sold more than GC and Xbox COMBINED
>PS1 first system to cross 100 million units
>PS3 sold 80 million
>PS4 at 40 million and counting, also more than Xbone and Wii U combined

Sony has never had a failure in consoles. Even that horrible PS3 start didn't kill it. Meanwhile Nintendo has had 6 generations, 5 of which were competitive and lost 4 of those. Of the 4 losses, they were in last place...4 times.

You want to keep playing numbers, kid?
>>
>>341998605
>Nintendo
>ever going region free
The day they do a region free console is the day they won't shit on 3rd party devs.
>>
Guys. GUYS!

Wii U games remastered and decensored for NX!
>>
>>341985763
But the specs will fucking make or break the system. Nintendo is under a lot of pressure here. If they decide to stick with their PowerPC architecture, they will retain backwards compatibility with Wii U, Wii, and GameCube games. The big downside is that they will lose a lot of third party support since all mainstream gaming platforms like PS4/Xbone/PC use a x86 architectures and porting games to PowerPC takes a lot longer and uses more money, combined with the fact that third party games usually sell worse than on Playstaion or Xbox, third party developers have very little incentive to port games or make them exclusive to Nintendos console.

If they do decide to use a x86 instruction set in NX similar to PS4/Xbone, porting games from those consoles including PC will be a lot easier and also the hardware potential can be better than what Nintendo is used to. The biggest problem for Nintendo though is that they will lose over a decades worth of native backwards compatibility. They can always use a software emulator like Xbone does for 360 games, but then the list of games for backwards compatibility support drops dramatically due to emulation issues. Games refusing to boot, audio desync issues, graphical glitches, etc.

Basically Nintendo has to decide whether they want to keep a niche audience or cater to a bigger audience.
>>
>>341994901
Just like Overwatch but people still play that.
>>
>>342000549
Read the op idoit
>>
>>342000604
>Wii U games remastered

I know you're joking but this is actually very likely if it's not B/C

They'll just port over Smash and MK8 instead of making new installments
>>
>>342000482
Pretty much this

I will get a NX when it's cheap and has a good library of exclusives

I got my Wii U for 200$ with 5 games, I'm sure as hell i will do the same.

If i want to play multiplats, i will play them on PC.

If i want to play exclusive Japanese games, i will play them on PS4.
>>
there are too many people just talking about specs.

graphics are already great enough. image quality is everything the next nintendo console needs.

diminishing returns in graphics are real. everything on ps4 and xbox looks the same, has the same color palette.

"cinematic" walking simulators are fucking shit, uncharted sucks. open world games are ok, but they are all the damn same and will forever stay the same.

fuck fifa games and cod. its the alsways the same shit. battlefield 1 is the same shit again.

fuck all of this. specs are already good. if nintendo nx has xbox one level of power - thats enough. developers just have to use this kind of power to actually make amahing looking games like mario kart 8, splatoon and bayonetta 2. little bit more color and unique artstyles and gameplay mechanics.

mario kart 8 just needs better image quality. its already 60fps. lack of anti aliasing sucks.

so stop this bullshit with specs. xbone one level of graphical power in the hand of nintendo EAD would be enough to wow people graphically, just like mario kart 8 did when it came out and that was programmed on waaay weaker hardware (wii u).

so fuck off you fucking graphic whores.

on internet forums, there are too many people who follow the console wars just like sports fans, without even playing games themselves. for those idiots the only measurment to compare consoles is "graphical power". jesus, it's not the 90s anymore. graphics look good enough across the board.

gimme great fun games with great fun and FRESH artsystles. thats the only thing thats important. current console tech is absolutely enough to deliver that. it's just up to the developers to do it.

so fuck the stupid teraflop discussion. it's fucking pointless.
>>
>>341984602
>optimistic
>towards Nintendo
Setting yourself up for disappointment my man
>>
File: 1451722540702.jpg (80 KB, 491x713) Image search: [Google]
1451722540702.jpg
80 KB, 491x713
>>342000604

>Nintendo

>DEcensor something
>>
>>342000419
>Does a Direct
>Every gaming sites talk about it all week or longer
Every fucking time. Nintendo stopped giving a fuck about press years ago. I'm shocked they are still at E3 when they shown to do better away from those type of shows. And when they do a Direct EVERYONE tunes in.
>>
>>342000190
The PSP sold exceptionally well. The DS had proportionally less of a lead over it than the PS4 does over the Xbone. Now if you compare the best selling 3DS game (X&Y, 14 million) to the best selling PSP game (Monster Hunter, 4 million) you see which would pull in the money
>>
>>342000673
if you don't keep your old consoles around, oh well. you can emulate literally everything up to wii and DS right now if you wanted, who gives a shit about backwards compatibility. it's time for them to move on
>>
>>342000920
Oh yes, i know that DS sold the most hardware and software. My point is that the handheld market is shrinking very fast.

I wonder what's gonna do Nintendo

A cellphone/handheld hybrid?
>>
>>342000673
This.

Specs matter believe it or not. Not just talking about graphics but how software development works at a hardware level.
>>
>>341991708
>Breath of the Wild will be on an android device

Yeah, fuck off.
>>
>>342000527

>still don't see any evidence
Know what, what evidence do you have that the NX will even be competitive to the Scorpio and Neo?

What of this current generation shows you that Nintendo is even capable of being competitive with MS and Sony?
>>
>>342000464
>Ever buying a console at launch
>Dressing your Lyn the same way I dressed mine

She best be wearing ass hugging jeans.
>>
File: 1446060023023.jpg (22 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1446060023023.jpg
22 KB, 500x500
>yfw Nintendo eventually tries brainwave controllers
>>
>>342000935
>who gives a shit about backwards compatibility

The people who didn't buy a Wii-U, I guess. Going to be a little weird if the NX launches and NX owners can't play Smash or Kart for years while Wii-U owners still can

I agree though, fuck it. Nintendo needs to cut their losses and keeping B/C just to please a few people will bite them in the ass.

Nintendo needs to go x86 or go home basically
>>
File: lmfao.png (85 KB, 234x238) Image search: [Google]
lmfao.png
85 KB, 234x238
>>342000863

>fuck all of this. specs are already good. if nintendo nx has xbox one level of power - thats enough

Nintendocucks will never cease to amaze me. They literally settle for mediocrity. I own a PS4/PC and even i'm willing to admit that the PS4/Xbox Ones specs weren't acceptable even at release, never fucking mind in 2017
>>
>>342000539
>Literally nobody bringing into question whether Sony was profitable or not
>LOOK HOW GREAT WE'RE DOING
>>
File: 1354253128464.gif (87 KB, 351x398) Image search: [Google]
1354253128464.gif
87 KB, 351x398
>>342000604
>decensored
>>
>>342000539
ps3 was literal cancer that cost them billions of dollars despite how well it sold
>>
They've fucked up each console since the N64 in some way. If they didn't learn before, I don't think they will learn this time. Nintendo's higher ups have too large of an ego, and think they can do whatever. And I own every console produced by them.
>>
File: 1448433053043.png (205 KB, 576x463) Image search: [Google]
1448433053043.png
205 KB, 576x463
So how's the NX going to be revealed?

Media blowout? A major Nintendo Direct? Both?

BOTW and some titles like Splatoon and Mario Maker have given this company a handful of positive perception the first time in like 6 fucking years

I'm betting they'll show the thing in the next 3 months, guessing August/September
>>
>>341988029
he didn't create Metroid Prime, anon.
>co-producer
>>
>>342000673
Nintendo could always pull a Sony and ductape Wii U's hardware inside the NX like how they included PS2's hardware inside early fat PS3's to achieve backwards compatibility.

The major downsides though are that the system will be bulkier and the price will be much higher.
>>
>>341994901
...like most multiplayer games?
>>
>>342001669
Total shot in the dark, but I'll bet a major Nintendo Direct in September
>>
File: HAHAHAH.png (29 KB, 185x228) Image search: [Google]
HAHAHAH.png
29 KB, 185x228
>>342001669

They'll show it 5 months prior to release just like they did with the Wii U.

4chan will be glorious, the salt, the Nintencuck wojacks, the goldenface.

It will all be magnificent
>>
>>342001669

A reveal conference in September like they did with the Wii U.
>>
>>342001783
Not to mention they'd also have to include a gamepad or at least something with a 2nd screen

It'd be a clusterfuck. As much as I hate the idea of the Wii-U's library being lost to time, the NX needs to be its own thing and move forward with the times.

Any association with the Wii-U will probably just hurt it

I'm so sorry Iwata
>>
>>341998757
People have been shitposting bout the death of Nintendo since the SNES. It's not happening any time soon kiddo
>>
>>342001669
>I'm betting they'll show the thing in the next 3 months, guessing August/September

Why then? You realize September is a terrible time to announce anything? E3 should have been their time to announce the NX, they didn't have to give full details, even just a Skorpio-style reveal would have been better than nothing. There's barely any info released about the Skorpio and yet it has a lot of people talking.
>>
>>342001267
If nintendo has been studying anything they will realize they can release Smash Bros 4 Remastered. Remastered versions of all the WiiU titles.
They could even do a nice package of NSMB U + Luigi U + Mario Maker.
>>
>>341996971
they said WiiU's goal was gonna go after the Wii audience again, and they were right.
>>
>>342002090

And they have been dead since the N64 era. Their irrelevance that is.
>>
>>341989772
The scorpio could already be more powerful than it could be right now let alone one year from now on its release.
>>
>>342002117
>Remastered versions of all the WiiU titles.

They really only need to do Sm4sh, MK8, and that bundle you mentioned. MAYBE Tropical Dong. Games like W101 and Bayonetta 2 are going to be lost like tears in rain unfortunately. In the case of Star Fox Zero, that's probably for the best.
>>
File: doomed since 1889.png (15 KB, 360x253) Image search: [Google]
doomed since 1889.png
15 KB, 360x253
>>342002090
>since the SNES
>>
>>342002090
"nintendo will never release anything on mobile phones!"
>>
>>342002381

he didnt say it was doomed, he said it was shit but the idiots would buy it because of marketing

he was right
>>
Nintendo - When censorship makes pirating/emulating the ethical choice.
>>
The fact that Zelda BotW doesn't use the Gamepad, and still makes you scroll through items to select what one you want to use, makes me believe the NX will actually have those scrolling shoulder wheels from the patent from a long time ago.
Could be quite interesting if they can get something like Bayo 3, now this time with the ability to switch weapons using those wheels.
>>
>>342002117
>>342002331
What's there to even "remaster"? Changing the internal resolution from 720p to 1080p and then calling it a day? Why would anyone pay $60 for something a emulator can do for free?
>>
>>341991707
You can if you do it when it's on page 10
>>
>>341994656
They honestly cant win another generation until they can manage to have 2 interesting and good consoles to gain more followers. Even if the nx is perfect, I don't it will sell as well the ps4. At the most it will sell a good enough amount to show they have their shit together, but at the moment it doesn't sound like they do.
>>
>>341999681
That's my plan, as much as I want the new Zelda I'm not going to buy a new console that lacks third party support.
>>
All I want from the NX is

>no gimmicks
>be the ONLY Nintendo platform
>have decent specs so they can do something with it

I don't want Nintendo to spread out their games across two platforms anymore. I want them to bring everything they got to ONE solid device.

I want every Monster Hunter, Pokemon, Mario, Zelda, Pikmin, Mario Kart, Smash, Donkey Kong, Metroid etc. on the same damn platform.

Then we have way less droughts in games.
>>
If Nintendo uses region lock on NX, it's over. They are so behind with the times.
>>
>>342003234
Considering they merged their console and handheld divisions a while back and put them all in the same office, that seems likely

They can just keep selling the 3DS with its current library for 5 more years no problem
>>
>>342000539
PS3 gave Sony a JUST amount of losses since the 7th gen

literally the Don Mattrick of Playstation consoles.
>>
>>341989830
>wanting 3rd parties
>when they port to PC anyways
PC + Nintendo basically covers all the games you need to play
[spoilers]except kimoi otaku kusoges but then again, kusoges[/spoilers]
>>
>>342002945
I don't know ask PS4 owners. But apparently someone buys these things.
Still most likely it would be a combination of 1080p, all DLC available, + some sort of bonus to the game. The most viable easy options would be
MK8 with more characters and vehicle parts
Smash 4 with all stages from both WiiU and 3DS available.

Mario Maker with real luigi perhaps?

You know just small bonuses to entice people into rebuying games.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 71

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.