[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
E3 sale
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: Tales-of-Zestiria.jpg (527 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Tales-of-Zestiria.jpg
527 KB, 1920x1080
Worth it?
>>
how much?
>>
It's ok, not great but not bad. Decent story with great characters and an OST with some real special pieces, the downside is the content can be rather lacking and a lot of the lore/backstory really goes nowhere because they never got around putting it into the game.
>>
I tend to enjoy tales games while I'm playing them and then being disappointed in retrospect. This was no exception. If you've liked the last few games you'll probably like this one.
>>
>>341977878
You can buy it from retail at that price pretty much everywhere and at any time or even lower if you wait for any bullshit "sale" they invent every week

If you're asking for the game itself, it eventually turns shallow and empty once you pass the first hours, so it's more of a "how much you wanna spend grinding" type of game
>>
Do you like JRPG's

Not like "I played and enjoyed final fantasy" but as in can you see yourself running through and enjoying JRPG tropes

My favorite moments are at the beginning where they have a long discussion on the mythos while the cathedral they are in is literally burning down around them.
Or when you enter the first dungeon and the totally not gay MC and mage have a relationship spat over not feeling appreciated and the mage leaves your party in an emotional outburst
>>
>>341978954
>Sorey and Mikleos having a relationship spat
Don't forget upon making up they have a fucking tickle fight
>>
One of the worst Tales games with terrible writing and fujobait homolust everywhere. Edna is okay, but one cute girl can't save a whole cast.

If you haven't played Vesperia, Abyss or Symphonia yet, go play one of those. If you have, Xillia is actually decent and Xillia 2 is pretty good.
>>
File: elise 1 2.jpg (499 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
elise 1 2.jpg
499 KB, 800x1000
>>341979569
>Xillia is actually decent

I'm not sure why it got a bad rap to begin with. People bitched about the combat but I found it more fun than other Tales games.
>>
File: elize.png (614 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
elize.png
614 KB, 1000x1000
>>341980075
Elize a cute.
>>
Does Berseria have any chance of being good? Or do I just need to keep praying for Vesperia 2 for the 10th anniversary?
>>
>>341980226
Cast looks interesting from the trailers.

You can't tell if a Tales game plays well until you actually play it, though. There are a million small factors they have to get right to make the battle mechanics fun, interesting and deep enough to sustain a 60+ hour playthough.
>>
>>341977878
I just finished it last week, it's not brilliant but I had a fun time with it. I've never played a tales game before so when i first started i couldnt stand the battle system and almost dropped it, but once i got used to it i started enjoying myself
>>
>>341980226
>main character is a pissed off demon girl
>party members and loyalties will be complicated because she's not the "bright and cheerful young boy type of hero who relies on friends" according to Fukaya

They sold me already.
>>
>>341977878

This game is really bad and I enjoyed symphonia legendia and vesperia.

Also I can't stand games where all npcs are static. It feels so fucking cheap
>>
>>341980226
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EKKW2g1gP0

New director, new battle system focused on being interactive with enemies instead of long combos. MC looks interesting.
>>
>>341977878
sexual-tension between Sorey and Mikleo
>>
File: nope not gay at all.gif (1 MB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
nope not gay at all.gif
1 MB, 245x245
>>341979270
They are too cute not be to together

Anyways actual game wise it's actually not that good. Fusing weapons sucks, camera in battle sucks, pretty much most all of it sucks. It has lots of potential which is why I'm hopeful for Berseria but all it's new mechanics need to be refined.

Storywise it's sweet and does a good job. Sadly the only two characters that matter is Sorey and Mikleo while every other character is either just there or annoying. With Rose as fucking annoying to me and the only people that like her are Waifufags
>>
>>341980226
I'm importing the JP version even though my knowladge of moon is pretty basic. I know ~500 kanji commonly used in games and I understand a decent amount of spoken, even more when there are emotional and context clues.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.