[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else not feeling this new Deus Ex ? Maybe it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 11
File: augmentedfapping.jpg (78 KB, 926x521) Image search: [Google]
augmentedfapping.jpg
78 KB, 926x521
Anyone else not feeling this new Deus Ex ?

Maybe it's because Human Revolution didn't need a sequel but this game to me feels more like a big DLC than a new and relevant Deus Ex.
>>
>>341974470
It feels like HR 2.0, I'm ok with this
>>
I'm reserving judgement until I play it.
>>
It's a completely safe and unambitious sequel. A lazy cash-in on one of the few reboots that they managed to make a success.
>>
>>341974748
>you can't have fun with a safe sequel reeeeeeeeee
watch me faggot
>>
>>341974748

This desu.

I don't feel there's any big purpose for this game, just a cash in.

I'd be more excited if this new Deus Ex was about the nanotechnologic aguments revolution instead of this.
>>
>>341974470
they explained that the world changed after the whatever Antarctica incident with Hugh Darrow. Augs are now considered highly dangerous and the non-augmented population are living in fear and forcing these government policies.

tl;dr - you can't freely roam as you did in DXHR and you're more of a top-secret agent but everything is still the same.
>>
>>341974470
I feel kinda meh about it. I enjoyed HR but it felt way to linear to me.

Looks like as >>341974527
said it'll be HR2.0 which really isnt a good thing for me.
>>
>first DX
>story focused on a number of controversial conspiracy theories, augmentations was an integral part of story but by no means the sole maim topic.
>DXHR and Mankind divided
>lol sorry we're too pussy to tackle other major topical issues or conspiracies, heres more boring hypothetical augmentation non issues
I'm not even saying the first DX story was that great.
>>
>>341975660
>Neuropozyne
>The LIMB Clinic basically becoming a monopoly
>Here, have all this advanced technology that allows you to literally do anything. What could go wrong?
>>
>>341976323

Not him but, sure I could see the problem with that.

The thing is augmentation is not something as incendiary as race or religion.

If something like the Artic incident happened in our world, probably there'd be a crackdown on the companies and technology itself, not a hunt for augmented people.

You don't see people starting civil wars because of automation or when the industrial revolution started.
>>
It's made by frenchies, so it will definitely feel off to us anglos. Still will be a great game, though.
>>
File: 1458393173863.jpg (39 KB, 319x378) Image search: [Google]
1458393173863.jpg
39 KB, 319x378
>>341974470
>Story is about people with synthetic limbs getting herded into ghettos

>Not just recalling all the prosthetic limbs or just removing their bluetooth so they don't get hacked again
>>
File: Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution.jpg (315 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution.jpg
315 KB, 1920x1200
>>341974470
>Anyone else not feeling this new Deus Ex ?
Yeah, the atmosphere from the first is gone, watched the gameplay preview on twitch. The black/gold tint was nice and the game looked like it actually was in the future.

This one is "meh". Will have to see more before i sink in 60 on this one, the previous one won me with the trailer alone.
>>
>>341974470
Looked like he was using some nano-augs in one of the trailers, with that carbon plating armor or whatever. Going to be interesting how they go into that in the story.
>>
>>341974470

I'm getting increasingly depressed about it. I said if this was shit I would an hero. I think Dishonored 2 is going to totally surpass it.
>>
>First Deus Ex
>Played it like 6 times over the cause of many many years
>Still as great as I remember it being
>Remember so many small things about the game that always make me smile

>Deus Ex HR
>Excited as fuck for it
>Best trailer ever
>Play it
>I actually enjoyed the fuck out of it....I think
>Can't really remember anything about the story though, jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj
>>
>>341974748

Safe sequels are the best ones, usually. Trying to reinvent the formula rarely leads to success.
>>
>>341978202
Fuck, me neither. I remember augments debate, some politician does stuff, bad stuff happens to people with augments, then zombies and simon says.
>>
>>341978202
What the fuck, keyboard died and I managed to post without even filling in a captcha.

>>Can't really remember anything about the story though, only the terrible ending sticks out

Should I replay it?
Is the story/sidequests anything to write home about?
>>
>>341978424
Play Director's cut.
>>
>>341978487

Did they ever patch out all the shit texture work in that version.
>>
>>341978805
https://steamcommunity.com/games/238010/announcements/detail/1912072000393382224
According to this, yeah
>>
>>341977356
does the directors cut have the option of keeping the tint, or is it gone for good?
>>
It's actually one of the few western-aesthetic games I'm looking forward to playing this year. I dunno, it won't be as good as the first Deus Ex (neither was HR), but I still think it will be enjoyable.
>>
>>341979335
>Tfw I'm literally on the verge of playing the original version again instead of the Director's Cut just to keep some shitty yellow filter
What the fuck is wrong with me
>>
>>341979610
it gave the game style.

still never played the dlc though.
>>
>>341979790
the DLC is pretty great. there are some really nice weather and water effects in it. There are many hidden secrets and obstacles in it and a ton of different ways you can beat it.
>>
>>341979937
is the original on steam still ? i might have to get the dlc on xbox 360.
>>
>>341974470
the mechanical apartheid angle is a bit cringe, I don't understand why they double down on it
the divide between augs and purists felt a bit forced in DXHR, and it's not getting any beter
>>
is it worth playing the first game? I'm no good with wasd controls
>>
>>341980209
>no good with wasd controls
lmao console babby
yes its good, first level sucks ass.
>>
>>341978487

The DLC is good but it's very poorly implemented in the main game.

I raged quite a bit when all the praxis points I had assigned and weapons I've been saving were all scattered through the dlc area.
>>
>>341980270
guess I'll force my way through it
>>
>>341978202
>>341978370
I feel like the first one (and in IW) you were stuck in the middle of the plot, you wade to wade through all the plots that got thrown at you.

In HR it was just you wandering around looking for your lady friend, while all the politics and scheming happened two lanes over.
>>
>>341980310
dont level swimming and enviromental training, useless skills, leave the thread or you will be spoiled
>>
>>341974470
They're laying on the racism angle way too thick.
The new writer is a hack, they should have gotten the guy who wrote the original.
>>
>>341980429
thanks.

time for sleep
>>
Shouldn't have brought back Jensen.
Shouldn't have brought back the yellow and gold color theme.

Every Deus Ex should be a new protagonist. This just seems too similar to HR.
>>
>>341980539
junko is the mastermind
>>
>>341976323
The absolute worst that would happen is a debate along the lines of gun control, it wouldn't be the society dividing issue that these games make it out to be.
>>
dear god this trailer drags on and on
all this choice and options but i have zero faith in them making real endings
>>
File: 20160615183231_1.jpg (223 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160615183231_1.jpg
223 KB, 1920x1080
Deus Ex thread? Deus Ex thread.

So I'm replaying DX:HR before the DX:MD release and something bugged me;

Why the fuck did Barrett tipped Jensen and lead him to China? He killed himself after two seconds anyway, why would he reveal info for him to follow?
>>
I haven't watched any gameplay or anything about this one, I'm gonna go in blind and hope for the best

HR was GOTY so I'm excited
>>
>>341981045
To make Jewsen confused long enough to get blown up with him, but it didn't work, Barret isn't exactly thinker who can think up confusing story on the spot so he spilled truth.
>>
About to play HR for the first time now.

What weapon type should I specialize in? Sniper? Shotgun? Revolver?
Not interested in non lethal weapons tbqh.
>>
>>341981942
The only lethal weapon you can possibly need is the fully upgraded 10mm pistol.
>>
>>341974470
haven't been following this game

is it still a stealth game pretending to be a deus ex game or is ramboing shit actually fun now?
>>
>>341974470
I was willing to forgive a lot of HR's flaws because expectations were so low and the devs made it sound like they were pressed for time and learned a lot from their mistakes.

But the trailers make it look like they didn't learn jack shit from their mistakes. >>341974748
>Press e for cinematic takedown
>XP system still fucking broken
>Still no reason to ever go lethal

Here's hoping the plot makes slightly more sense than it did in HR.
>>
>>341981942
Honestly, the standard handgun is all you really need, especially once it's upgraded.

keep a revolver with HE rounds if you want to cheese the boss fights or didn't take any combat skills.
>>
>>341977535

it was always going to be shit, the only reason people think HR isn't mediocre is because we expected a linear shooter
>>
>>341975660
It was really shitty how the game tried to make a big deal about the costs of augmentation but they you played as the one guy in the entire world who didn't need to worry about any of that shit.
>>
>>341982243
Cinematic takedowns are fucking cool in HR
>>
File: 1437245852429.gif (13 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
1437245852429.gif
13 KB, 100x100
>>341974470
Honestly I would have liked a new protagonist, all new cast and everything.
I don't mind Jensen, I think he's alright and has a cool VA, but HR was enough for him in my humble opinion.

Wasn't that big of a fan of HR anyway, so I'm not too excited about this. Looks kinda meh from the footage. Here's hoping they'll do a decent job at story.
And hopefully we won't have to fucking wait for a definite version to fix a half-cooked game like it happened with HR.
>>
>>341982403
>press e
>Long as fuck animation plays out that's completely undetectable by enemies unless you're standing directly in front of them
>you're completely invincible while it plays out anyway.
It was fucking boring and a completely shit mechanic compared to how versatile melee was in the original.
>>
I agree, OP.

I enjoyed the first game and HR a lot, but I wanted a fresh DX game.
>>
>still Jensen
>not after the first Deus Ex so there are still mechanical augmentations instead of nanomachines

trash
>>
File: Vegeta.gif (443 KB, 400x296) Image search: [Google]
Vegeta.gif
443 KB, 400x296
It just looks like Deus Ex: Human Revolution 2, which isn't bad, but isn't anything I'm particularly excited for either.

I enjoyed Human Revolution, but I had my fair share of complaints with it. For one, I hate that it's a prequel, should have just been a reboot. The retarded animations for killing or neutralizing people are stupid, and switching camera to third person when you're in cover is the most casual shit ever. Just give me fucking lean buttons, you twats.

Deus Ex the series has become completely different from Deus Ex, the game of 2000. Remember how Deus Ex didn't take itself that seriously all the time and had fun with its story, having stupid conspiracy theories all mixing up at all times? Yet here we are playing an inconsequential prequel to a game that was released 16 years ago and seems to be 90% about cyberpunk racism and segregation (wow, fascinating, I haven't seen this premise a million times before).
It looks boring, it will probably play competently, but it has no soul to it whatsoever.

The true Deus Ex sequel is Dishonored 2 being made by Harvey Smith, the dude that worked on the first Deus Ex, now that's the game I'm excited for. Dishonored 1 was godlike, and Dishonored 2 looks even better.
>>
>>341981045
Why didn't they all just gang up on AAAAADAM
>>
>>341974748
yeah it's a cash in when some devs do it, but when devs such as nintendo do this(it's the only thing they do) they get praised, even on this board.

fuck you scumbags.
>>
>>341985184
exactly

couple dudes itt having a good vidya hate fap
>>
the level design looks unrealistic and intimidating
>>
File: READ-ONLY.jpg (87 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
READ-ONLY.jpg
87 KB, 960x720
>>341977331
>allowing aug firmware to be rewritten/controlled wirelessly
>no sandboxing considerations at all
>>
>>341976973

Actually, there were a lot of violent chimpouts when the industrial revolution started.
>>
Well, I didn't much like HR, but thought it showed promise in the studio, but given the rest of its releases and th HR making of, I really have no hope for that one.
>>
>>341974990
>I'd be more excited if this new Deus Ex was about the nanotechnologic aguments revolution
Nano augs are made public in this one
>>
I think throwing in hot racism topics and the term mechanical apartheid or whatever they were calling it is a cheap ploy for publicity and will sooner or later be morphed into some attempt at "if you don't buy our game you're kind of a racist"

Also HR wasn't that good, batteries and chocolate bars and shit just to knock people out? Cmon buddy.
>>
>>341986012
Good thing it never came out.
>>
File: hdd.jpg (80 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
hdd.jpg
80 KB, 1280x720
>>341974470
ehhhmmmm
>>
>>341984389
>The true Deus Ex sequel is Dishonored 2

Agreed. Everyone wanted Dishonored to be a spiritual successor to Thief - probably because of the setting - but when you're down to it, it's much more Deus Ex than Thief.

>>341985184

Maybe because - let it sink -we're not the same audience.
>>
File: 1450307110839.jpg (28 KB, 552x414) Image search: [Google]
1450307110839.jpg
28 KB, 552x414
>>341986012
>>341986116
I've only played the first and HR but IW couldn't have been THAT bad of a sequel,could it?
Should I try it?
>>
>>341986302
It's worth playing at least once.
>>
>>341986116

On some respects like it better than HR, honestly.
>>
>>341986445
What did you like better about it?
>>
>>341986632

It still tried to be be about systemic/emergent gameplay instead of being mostly about prescripted events.

I think it failed in its execution of the "illusion of choice" grand narrative, but it was still better at accounting for player choices at least. Better granularity of reactions too.

Overall, its not a great game, but at least if feels like it tried to be a DX follow up but was mired by some poor choices (universal ammo being one) and technical limitations.

Whereas HR feels like either a cargo cult adaptation, or a game that didn't care about it's heritage really. I think the former myself.
>>
>Denuvo

So far, the majority of games which have Denuvo as DRM turned out to be complete and utter shit.
>>
>>341986302
It shares a lot of its issues with Thief 3. Tiny maps and simplified mechanics to run on consoles.
>>
I kind of miss the yellow tint. It gave the first game a distinguishable look.

Also I'm still not a fan of the takedown animations. Why not at least keep them in first person? Or why not make the whole game in third person, since you're also in third person whenever you take cover and talk to people (weirdly enough, not all the conversations switch perspective)
>>
How was Project Snowblind?

That was supposed to be a DX sequel at one point in its development
>>
>>341988184
No one played it
>>
>>341987762
Hitman 6 has three different forms of DRM and is the GOTY so far, famalam.
>>
>>341988292
steam, denuvo, what's the third one, explosive remote controlled buttplug that calls home every 2 hours?
>>
>>341988417
A lot of the content is lost if you're not online.
>>
>>341988481
I'm curious about the details
>>
No Sarif
>>
>>341988558

From what I can, haven't really been following up, lost hope, but random added targets in missions, except only instead of being some randomized elements it's a NPC you can only see when online.
>>
>>341988558
Any gear you unlocked, any new starting points you unlocked, contracts mode, escalations, elusive targets, all of them don't show up if you're offline.
>>
>>341988909

Fuck, that's even worse than I thought. I'm that close to joining my friends who stopped caring about games just because they're so disgusted by the industry.
>>
>>341987762
As Im not going to play any game with denuvo discussing games that use it is pretty pointless.
Zero hype for anything.
>>
>>341988773
>>341988909
>holding content hostage
Every time I think it can't get worse
>>
>>341989361
Same here. Usually I get my games from GOG, but every once in a while I'm willing to make an exception. This would have been such a case. But not with Denuvo. They can fuck right off for all I care.
>>
>>341989332
>>341989468
It's still an excellent game, you guys are missing out.
>>
Wait a minute, is it out?
It's playable?

Or are you idiots just reviewing and discussing games you literally have not played yet again?
>>
>>341991403

>you guys are missing out

Yeah, because SE is holding game content hostage if you don't play online.
>>
>>341974748
meanwhile /v/ jerks off to Souls and Mount and Blade
>>
>>341992027

Those games aren't story driven unlike Deus Ex.
>>
>>341992027
The guy your replying to doesn't even have a point.
He hasn't played the game, he knows next to nothing about it.

Any thread on /v/ about a game that isn't out yet is typically an awful thread.
>>
>>341992231
exactly, deus ex games can have different stories, which make them different, those other two games are identical to their predecessors
>>
>>341992231
Do you even think before you post?
>>
>>341974470
it looks like shit to me. i thought the last was overhyped too. the gameplay just isnt that fun, kinda like that shitty dishonored game.
Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.