[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Crash Bandicoot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
So, are we getting actual remakes with PS4-tier graphics or is it just ports like the Playstation Classics downloadable for PS3?
>>
I have the strangest feeling that the remakes will either just be ports, or not happen at all.

The way they announced it at e3 as the lesser important announcement to the skylanders announcement scares me.

I hope I'm wrong.
>>
File: 1461098598578.jpg (225 KB, 1600x2050) Image search: [Google]
1461098598578.jpg
225 KB, 1600x2050
>>341969618

I have faith whose will be good, the lack of trailer is probably it's too soon , what frightens me is that the three games will be sold separately as full $60 each as a obvious cash in from Activision
>>
>>341969532
They said remakes, it wouldn't be a remake if they just ported it.
>>
>>341969986
No they said remasters of crash 1-3
>>
>>341969532
Whatever it is, it needs to sell good so we get an actual new Crash game. If anyone besides me wants that anyway.
>>
>>341970110
Oh yeah, you're right. The guy with no neck on the stage said "fully remastered from the ground up" so I don't know what he means by that. But it sounds like some work is being put into it besides just porting it.
>>
>>341970303
>Rumored to be in develop since 2015
>planned to release 2017
>The fat guy on the stage said its from the ground up

Im sure you can interpret what it is from all this.
>>
>>341970303
>"fully remastered from the ground up"
heavily implied that it'll be a full remake. from the ground up pretty much means they're re-doing everything
>>
>>341970586
>>341971004

'Remaster' usually refers to an enhanced port, though. Not a remake. See digitally remastered versions of old movies and HD remasters on ps3.
>>
>>341969913
They confirmed it's a 3-1 package like those PS3 remasters of PS2 and PSP games.
>>
>>341969532
PS3 games on psn aren't even ports, they're just isos that are emulated by software installed on PS3. Shit even plays PS1 demo discs. Same with PS2 games sold on PS3 psn.

Which is why I can't fathom why I can't play PS2 discs on my PS3, Sony already has a PS2 emulator running on PS3, it's clearly capable of emulating PS2. I know not every game is 100% compatible and there's gonna be emulation glitches but fuck, I'd appreciate if they at least gave me an option. My PS2 is 14 years old, I'm afraid that it can die any second now. PCSX2 is cool and all but it's far from perfect.
>>
File: Hogwild.gif (114 KB, 500x396) Image search: [Google]
Hogwild.gif
114 KB, 500x396
>>
what I want to know is why anybody even gives a shit

naughty dog isn't involved, and we all know how well that goes over for crash games
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.