[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So who are we emailing about this? And where do we send our letters?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 15
So who are we emailing about this? And where do we send our letters?
>>
They're too close to release date to do anything, just don't buy it.
>>
>>341969747
I wasn't going to, but they're going to wonder why its selling so low and I feel like we need to tell them it's be cause it's not what we want so they can get their shit together for the next one.
>>
>>341970008
Does it bother you im going to buy it? Looks funnnnnn
>>
>>341971391
Yes
>>
I have made my peace with it. Paper Mario is dead and is not coming back.

Sad, but there is nothing we can do about it.
3D Mario being dead is the more dire situation.
>>
Email them about a hd remaster first

Then tell them to see whether it sells good
>>
So I barely played the original Paper Mario as a kid. What's with the hate for this one?
>>
>>341973131
its almost nothing like ttyd or n64
the change is bad and the lead designer should feel bad
>>
>>341973131
It's always the same story in every franchise.

The dev for some reason doesn't want to make the game anymore, but the series is doing well, so what he obviously does is make a completely new, different game and attach the old, selling name to it.

That in turn rightfully pisses off the fanbase.
>>
>>341973596
>>341973882
these
>>
>>341968162
I'll buy it day one.
>>
>>341974019
just preorder it
>>
If it's anything like Metroid Fed Force, no amount of letters are going to change it
>>
>>341974083
Nah, I never preorder. But I'll be sure to buy it the day it releases.
>>
>>341973131
It's a sequel to Sticker Star & that game was poor to say the least for many reasons listed in this image. While Color Splash looks a little better it's still not favorable for the fans and Paper Mario RPG fans are being told to fuck off and play the Mario & Luigi series now if we want an RPG even though both series are very different.
>>
>>341971391
No, you're clearly retarded if you think that consumable based combat and press x to win bosses are fun, and I don't concern myself with what lesser people do. Enjoy the game, simp.
>>
>>341973131

Play the first three Paper Mario games, then go look up some gameplay video of Sticker Star and everything becomes clear

Basically everything that made this franchise special except the paper doll aesthetic was thrown into the trash.
>>
>>341974083
Kill yourself.
Fucking honestly.
>>
>>341974669
>three
no, play the first two. the only people who like SPM are the ones who played it first.
>>
>>341971391
>>341972604
>>341974019
>>341974083
>>341974148
Even reddit hates this game. How's it feel to be stupider than reddit?
>>
Hopefully, after all this sperging from these supposed PM "fans", people will realize all Paper Mario games are very overrated, yes, even the first two.

Hailed like the second coming, they are actually inferior to games like Super Mario RPG and Superstar Saga.
>>
>>341974771

I played the first games in order and near the release of each one. Sorry, SPM is an excellent game.
>>
>>341974771
>the only people who like SPM are the ones who played it first.
It was my third game in the series & enjoyed it. SPM is just a general mixed bag to people & is the complete middle ground between 64/TTYD & Sticker Star/Color Splash when it comes to reception (at least on this board).
>>341974856
Twitch, Twitter & Youtube as well. It's pretty weird seeing it spread that much.
>>
>>341974882
>calls pm overrated
>in the same post praises SMRPG
lol. literally the holy grail of overrated nintendo games.
>>
>>341974897
then you just have bad taste, because it fails as a platformer and it fails as an RPG.
>>
>>341975234

A game not fitting in the mold of a genre doesn't make it neccessarily a bad game.

SPM was fun, it was different from your average platformer and stil had a lot of fun playing that game. I liked flipping the map and swapping characters. Besides one of Paper Mario most important aspects was storytelling, meeting new characters, new races, new places, etc. In these games you made a lot of new friends, you became a wrestler, a detective, got into a dating sim, traveled to the moon, and all other shit.

Sticker Star is plain and boring with none of those aspects, any trace of story or character it has is forgettable, plus the gameplay is not rewarding neither fun.
>>
>>341975731
>A game not fitting in the mold of a genre doesn't make it neccessarily a bad game.
I didn't say it did. I said it failed in both respects.
>>
I just want to know who is making these terrible decisions. How can someone fuck up paper mario to this level?
>>
>>341972604

Paper Mario was dead with Super, never understood why it got a free pass while CS is worse than Hitler.

>3D Mario being dead is the more dire situation.
You're just full of shit, aren't you?
>>
File: COLOR SPLASH.png (2 MB, 1498x3344) Image search: [Google]
COLOR SPLASH.png
2 MB, 1498x3344
>>341973131
>>
Does anyone actually know of an address we can/should send letters to? The easiest way to let them know is to send them a genuine, physical letter. It's much harder to ignore than an email, tweet, or youtube comment.
>>
>>341977579

Just so you know and aren't surprised, no one's reading all of that.
>>
>>341976778
Super was by far the most ambitious of the series, and had the best story

Some people didn't like the platforming emphasis, but it's still better than Sticker Star by miles
>>
>>341977697
>It's much harder to ignore than an email, tweet, or youtube comment.
You guys are quite delusional.
>>
>>341977714
... I'm confused. Why'd you tell me that?
>>
>>341977697
We need another "From /v/ to You" like a few years ago, but this time, to get them from making shitty Paper Mario games
>>
>>341977850

>Just so you know
>>
>>341977714
but people read it and repost it all the fucking time newfag
>>
>>341977769

And the best ost, I enjoyed that game so much I feel bad about myself because I hated it just like SS when it was announced.
>>
Wii U owners are in a drought for games, Color Splash will sell well just because it's one of the last games coming out. And Nintendo will just (laughs) at any criticism, anyways. Your mission has no hope.
>>
>>341978003

Honestly, it deserved the hate. For someone that was expecting anything like the first two games, it was like the game never begins.
>>
>>341977904
Why would I care if some autists cannot read more than two sentences?
>>
Intelligent Systems//
10 Daimotsu-cho Kamitoba Minami-ku
Kyoto-shi Kyoto-fu 601-8121 Japan
TEL +81-75-671-3100
FAX +81-75-671-3105

Nintendo of America//
2000 Bridge Pkwy #200, Redwood City, CA 94065, United States
>>
>It's a petition/email Nintendo so they don't do what I don't want them to thread

This has literally never worked, ever. A few emails from sperging /v/irgins isn't going to magically change anything. Ever. They won't read your emails nor give your petition any mind they've decided on the direction to take this game long before you knew about it and already know the backlash they'll get from it.

You probably aren't even old enough to buy it anyways so why do you care? Just ask mom not to get it for you. Paper Mario is gone, it's time to come to terms
>>
>>341978104
>Wii U owners are in a drought for games, Color Splash will sell well just because it's one of the last games coming out.
Also, because some people see potential in it.
>>
>>341978156
>Honestly, it deserved the hate
Most of the hate was from rabid Doorfags claiming "Muh RPG elements". It really is underappreciated, where Sticker Star deserves all the hate
>>
>>341978276
Sticker star is the better designed video game, though, as fucked as that is.

Sure, SPM might be a better bedtime storybook but SS is the better video game, and that is just fucking sad.
>>
File: 1466309286924.png (627 KB, 1597x1600) Image search: [Google]
1466309286924.png
627 KB, 1597x1600
>>341978380
>>
>>341978276
>Most of the hate was from rabid Doorfags claiming "Muh RPG elements".
That's still around though. Color Splash could be competitive with Super Paper Mario and it would not stop the bitching at all.

Personally, I went back and gave Super another chance and I'm willing to give Color Splash as chance as well. I never will compare CS to the first two games, but I will compare it to Super.
>>
File: 1465068959721.png (3 MB, 1273x706) Image search: [Google]
1465068959721.png
3 MB, 1273x706
the only hope you guys have is to send physical letters to whoever is the most important person here (figure that out first because I dunno)
Digital shit can be ignored all day, but not actual real life letters. It'll leave an impression if you guys actually amass a number of people.

You guys always say how archaic Nintendo is as well, don't you? Well how fitting it would be to sway them with an archaic mode of communication such as letters then.

ALSO, you know how the new Dragon Quest made it to 3DS? Because of the French. With a petition mind you, but fuck that it's not the point.
The point is, get the French Fries on board first and foremost. They apparently command quite the influence as a fanbase.

Good luck you guys. Crossing my fingers for you
>>
>>341978453
not bait. constant speed and floaty controls are cancer in a platformer. Platforming being used for combat, no upgrades or skills of any kind, and useless leveling are cancer to RPGs. It's a trash heap.
>>
>>341978185
Knocking the door isnt entering.
>>
>>341978513
please at least pirate it or buy it used.
>>
HEY GUYS WE'RE MADE OF PAPER LET'S REMIND EVERYONE VERY FEW MINUTES
>>
File: 1460588579199.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1460588579199.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
>>341978634
>no upgrades or skills of any kind
>>
>>341978718

Fuck off.
>>
>>341978172
Alright, fuck it. I'm writing a letter. Is anyone else going to join me? I'm going to send one to NoA and I don't know whether I should send one to intsys or not. Should I try to google translate it to japanese or do you think they'll have an english speaker there who can translate it?
>>
>>341978775
you fuck off you sack of shit. fight me bitch boy. faggot.
>>
Why does Nintendo constantly try to sell based on graphics while claiming the contrary? I never actually played Paper Mario, but it's obvious all the effort went into making it look like Paper Mario, but not actually have its gameplay.
>>
>>341978830
>Should I try to google translate it to japanese or do you think they'll have an english speaker there who can translate it?
Holy shit, no and no.
Don't even bother.
>>
>>341978912
>graphics
Art style, not graphics. None of the games are technically impressive but are still visually pleasing.
>>
>game looks shitty
>people buy it anyway

Why do you think we're getting a Sticker Star sequel? It sold well.

Just don't buy this shit. If it's the Paper Mario no one wants, the sales should reflect that.

No amount of sperging by disliking videos and sending mad messages is going to do anything.
>>
>>341978912

Graphics =/= Visuals. Nintendo likes making their games look good with carefully planned color design, art style, lightning, photography, etc. Not with hyper realistic 4k textures behind 938498734785 shaders and models with 848288337027483 polygons.
>>
File: 1462484268617.png (362 KB, 1018x686) Image search: [Google]
1462484268617.png
362 KB, 1018x686
>>341978104
It won't even break a million.
Give up Tanabe, you're an hack and nobody wants your shit.
>>
>>341979163
sticker star was a bait and switch of paper mario fans who were desperate for another, the remaining half were probably casuals who buy anything labeled mario
>>
File: breathe in cyanide.jpg (127 KB, 504x470) Image search: [Google]
breathe in cyanide.jpg
127 KB, 504x470
god I used to love nintendo but they have really lost touch with reality and stopped making good games after the gamecube
>>
>>341979163
they started development on this before SS came out. they began drafting ideas at the development wrap party for SS.
>>
>>341979163
It sold well because it had Mario on it and the 3DS was incredibly popular.
I doubt many of the people who bought it had played the previous Paper Mario's
>>
>>341979163
Sticker Star may be the 3rd best-selling Mario RPG but it has the lowest attachment rate out of all Paper Mario titles, as well as the lowest Metacritic score (for both publications & users). With Mario Kart 8 and Zelda: BotW, it really looks like Nintendo is trying to make more ambitious, "grand" games too, and although some spin-offes have suffered from this (Mario Tennis coming out unfinished...) it doesn't look like Paper Mario got a budget cut. I think it's clear that the development team is just retarded.
>>
>Nintendo wants to make Paper Mario into something different because Mario & Luigi is seen as the Mario RPG series and Nintendo will only allow one series per genre of Mario

Is that what's going on? because that's fucked, especially since PM came first.
>>
>>341968162
Its doesnt work like that, gamergate.

If your email war didnt put a dent in video game journalism it wont put a dent in actual game studios
>>
>>341981156
if Sticker Star had a high attachment rate, you guys would just be making up other reasons why they shouldn't make more games. You just interpret the numbers in a way that fits the narrative you want to push. Just admit it already
>>
File: shut up.png (3 KB, 320x120) Image search: [Google]
shut up.png
3 KB, 320x120
This entire thread is filled with cringe, unnecessary anger, and will only spread shame for you. The fact people thinking sending hate letters to some company will resolve it is really doofus. Say what you will, but this is the truth.

You know, you could instead just not buy the game! See?
>>
>>341974856
How does it feel to not understanding that people has different opinions, and that pointing at others to feel superior will only make you pathetic?
>>
File: huehuehuehue.jpg (4 KB, 104x125) Image search: [Google]
huehuehuehue.jpg
4 KB, 104x125
>>341978104
>Wii U owners are in a drought for games, Color Splash will sell well just because it's one of the last games coming out.

I bet Miyamoto thought this too when he developed SF Zero.
>>
File: 9d2.png (90 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
9d2.png
90 KB, 625x626
>>341982946
>>
>>341974940
r paper mario is one of my favorite games of all time.
>>
>>341985991
Nice argument.
>>
>>341982946
you have bad opinions because there is a plethora of objective facts that point to sticker star being a bad game, and CS is sticker star too. you're entitled to your bad opinion, but it's like saying a mcdonalds cheese burger is better than a prime steak. you're allowed to like it more, but you have a bad opinion.
>>
>>341977769

>Best story

Are you genuinely braindead? Melodramatic derivative crap like SPM isn't good in any dimension. It is, at best, slightly more complex than the average Nintendo player is used to due to a complete barren cultural background, but no. It's not good. And it gets worse because the game fucks it's tone up hardcore while begging you to take a plot like that seriously while throwing literal toilet humor at you.

Badly designed AND written game. The music is it's only salvation;
>>
>>341987113
I seriously don't understand the obsession with SPM's story. I thought it was really, really gay and didnt fit inline with paper mario at all. Not to mention the character designs were awful, which didn't lend itself to making the story more interesting.

That being said, I'd gladly take a SPM2 over a color splash. For as lame as the story, character designs, and gameplay were, it still felt like there was some care put into it.
>>
File: 2bb.png (262 KB, 287x580) Image search: [Google]
2bb.png
262 KB, 287x580
>>341987096
>you have bad opinions because there is a plethora of objective facts that point to sticker star being a bad game
How can opinions be fact, though? The same plethora of "objective facts" can be pointed as good if different people review it.

>you're entitled to your bad opinion,
Where did I say my opinion is the best and only my opinion should be heard? I'm just pointing that guy for being pathetic, especially using reddit as a boogeyman.

Also, WHERE did I even say anything about SS or CS?

>but it's like saying a mcdonalds cheese burger is better than a prime steak.
Please don't even use analogies, for the simple fact videogames aren't food.

>you're allowed to like it more, but you have a bad opinion.
Oh? And I assume your opinion is any better? I think YOU are entitled to your opinion, by the fact you're mocking my opinions, even when I didn't even state them.
>>
>>341972604
>Paper Mario is dead and is not coming back.
Pretty much this, I knew as soon as I saw the very first tralier about this game.
>>
>>341975731
Tbf SPM was a good game but it wasn't a paper mario game.
>>
>>341978104
Well considering the youtube video presenting it, half of the community doesn't want the game. When this happens something is clearly wrong, maybe they will realise it (kek), or maybe in the next direct Tanabe will just show up again, mildly upset, saying we didn't understand once again (even more kek)
>>
>>341976778
Super was no bad game. If it was a Paper Mario game is a different question.
Now, Sticker Stars was flat-out garbage. To an extent that makes me wonder what the hell is going on inside Nintendo.
>>
>>341988332
>How can opinions be fact, though? The same plethora of "objective facts" can be pointed as good if different people review it.
no, i didn't say there are a plethora of reviews that make it objectively bad, there are objectively faulty game mechanics and other aspects of the game. They are broken, and bad. The combat being the big one, especially important in a game that is focused on combat.

>Where did I say my opinion is the best and only my opinion should be heard? I'm just pointing that guy for being pathetic, especially using reddit as a boogeyman.
You didn't say your opinion was the best or should only be heard. I never said you said that. Don't put words in my mouth. I said you have a very, very shitty opinion and you are entitled to have it, but it is shit.

>Also, WHERE did I even say anything about SS or CS?
I assumed you were the other person being argued with. If you like sticker star, your opinion is bad.

>Please don't even use analogies, for the simple fact videogames aren't food.
ok then it's like taking a fantastic game that everyone loves, like shadow of the colossus or chronotrigger, and saying a shitty flash game like cookie clicker is better. you're allowed to like it more, but you have a bad opinion. the analogy works, you dunce. it makes things easier for retards (i.e you) to understand.

>Oh? And I assume your opinion is any better? I think YOU are entitled to your opinion, by the fact you're mocking my opinions, even when I didn't even state them.
yes because i don't like things that are objectively, inherently flawed.

next time you want to have a battle of wits i'd suggest not showing up unarmed.
>>
>>341990274
FUCKING BTFO

holy fucking shit
>>
File: 1463439592164.jpg (32 KB, 620x465) Image search: [Google]
1463439592164.jpg
32 KB, 620x465
>>341990274
jesus christ i feel bad for the guy
>>
>>341990274
Goob job man, holy shit. Poor guy.
>>
>>341990274
BTFO GUY LIVESTREAM SUICIDE WHEN
>>
>>341990274
fuck, man
>>
>>341969747
Please anons, do not buy this. None of you
>>
>>341991223
im not dw
>>
>>341973882
>The dev for some reason doesn't want to make the game anymore, but the series is doing well
Someone please JUST explain me this:
WHY does the fucking ENTIRETY of nintendo always fucking do this?
>>
>>341991624

Turns out working on one series fot 15+ years isn't enjoyable.

This is why almost all of Nintendo's top B-list franchises are dead
>>
>>341991624
i dont get it either famalamapatchimambajamba
>>
>>341991994
I just don't understand famacarena
>>
>>341991967
turns out work isn't always fun
you have to suck it up and do what's best for your company though.

also it's not like it was fucking cod. it was a series with 3 games under its belt, two if you don't count super. they put out 1 game per generation.
>>
>>341990274
Out fucking skilled
>>
File: 39510936.png (376 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
39510936.png
376 KB, 500x333
>>341990274
Check fucking mate.
>>
I'm going to buy this game and federation force. Come at me
>>
File: 1451599154602.png (228 KB, 646x478) Image search: [Google]
1451599154602.png
228 KB, 646x478
>>341992869
nah, because both games will be hated and make almost no money despite your meager contribution
Have fun though
>>
>>341978584
Too bad 4chan hasn't actually done anything up from it's ass since anonimooz
>>
>>341993097
I want to fuck that sheep.
>>
Ideas for potential Paper Mario partners in an alternate reality where Nintendo isn't fucking awful.

Shell-T: a Shetland Sheepdog who tries to pass himself off as a koopa due to growing up in a koopa town his entire life. A town outcast, Shell-T decides to join Mario on his journey when he rescues him from a gang of local thugs. He hopes to find his birth parents and his own doggo people. In combat, he attacks with biting and his special moves enable Mario to ride atop his back and joust the enemy with his hammer. Outside of combat, Shell-T is incredibly useful at locating hidden items with his powerful nose.
>>
>>341992307

That's just the kind of cunts IS are.

They also ruined FE
>>
>>341991967
>>341992307
This. Nintendo's biggest problem is treating work like a playhouse, and them just shitting out whatever they feel like, whenever they feel like, accordingly
>>
>>341970008
They'll just cancel the series and focus on M&L
Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.