[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daily reminder that Monolith Soft are the real masterminds behind
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5
File: gi.jpg (70 KB, 623x582) Image search: [Google]
gi.jpg
70 KB, 623x582
Daily reminder that Monolith Soft are the real masterminds behind Zelda BotW, and not Aonuma.
>>
After the crippling, ball shattering disappointment that Xenoblade X was I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be happy about this
>>
>>341964457
People will literally jump at any chance to take credit away from Miyamoto and/or Aonuma. I bet Platinum was behind everything good about SFZ, and Miyamoto was behind everything bad, right? Keep spreading bullshit.
>>
Monolith worked on Skyward Sword as well.
>>
Lets hope the world in BotW is more interesting than Xenoblade Xs MMO spawn map.
>>
Xenoblade X was shit so this just lowered my hopes.
>>
>/v/ has collectively shitted on every hyped open world game in recent memory (Mad Max, GTA V, Far Cry Primal, BamHam Knight, Watch_Dogs, XCX, etc)
>suddenly open world Zelda
>typical hype trailer showcasing one note mechanics (cooking, throwing boulders at enemies, climbing)
>suddenly the hype is back on open world games
Literally ok when Nintendo does it. When will you learn? No matter how much quirky mechanics open worlds have, you will eventually never find an accepable or appropiate use for them, the more you stray from simplicity the farther you get from keeping the experience solid and fluid. Yeah, I can throw boulders at enemies and burn the woods, but all these quirky mechanics never have a practical use. I'm pretty sure the dungeons are gonna be completely void of these gimmicks, except climbing.
>>
>>341965582
Maybe anon,you could be right, But we could always just wait and see after the game releases wether or not these gimmicks will come to play
>>
>>341964751
Lets put it this way, if Star Fox Zero wound up selling well, people would be praising Platinum. But since it didn't all blame and hate is going towards Miyamoto.

Honestly I think /v/ just hates old Asian men who want to try new experiences with video games.
>>
File: downgrade.jpg (2 MB, 1920x2066) Image search: [Google]
downgrade.jpg
2 MB, 1920x2066
>>
>>341965582
You're not wrong, but even I'm being suckered-in by all the TECHNOLOGY in the webms being passed around. Or maybe I'm just getting myself ready for when it's met with nothing but flowing praise and the traditional Zelda formula will be dead to rights. Zelda is normiesville and this is the kinda shit they've prayed for.
>>
This damages the reputation for the game if anything. I really wish Monolith was with a manufacture that has a future in the industry, it must be shitty working for Nintendo but at least they get paid I guess
>>
File: 1435444854329.png (22 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1435444854329.png
22 KB, 500x500
>>341965582
I don't think Open World games are -bad- I just think a lot of them are fairly mediocre, Skyrim for example, isn't -bad- because it's "open world" it's bad because it's has a lack of depth in every single mechanic it has, within a certain set of hours you'll grow bored of the game because you realise the game is as deep as a puddle, but the world itself that has been carefully crafted is fun to explore

Generally i just think it's a case where a certain type of game design that is currently popular in the industry is automatically considered bad amongst people, and it's mostly because it's often poorly implemented.

it wasn't too long ago that open world games were praised and linear games where shat upon, there's good and bad versions of either game design

as far as things go, i think Zelda has everything to gain from being open world exploration, one of the things i lament is how often Wind Waker is super strict about allowing you to explore, but i guess we'll just have to see how this game turns out
>>
>>341966586
But the situation shows the opposite. Nintendo is playing catch up
>>
File: 0.jpg (553 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
553 KB, 1920x1080
>>341967095
>post pic of two different locations
>bottom one coming from a stream instead of ingame

I don't think you know what downgrade is.
>>
>>341967095
Why is it that people WITH good eyes never use them.
>>
>>341964457
Not surprising given the resemblance in open-world design, but it does certainly cement my excitement. Loved Xenoblade X
>>
>>341971128
>>341971128
Agreed

I'd also like if there were subtle reference around.

Maybe some giant deactivated robot in the middle of a lake ;)
>>
>>341964548
>After the crippling, ball shattering disappointment that Xenoblade X was
I haven't played it and was taking a break from online activities around the time it released, what happened to it?
>>
>>341972932
It was released on WiiU, and so is trash whenever a sonypony needs an argument.
>>
>>341973379
Well, I have a WiiU, so I'd be interested in a non-partisan opinion on the game and if it's worth my time.
>>
>>341967095
First picture was eddited with stupid filters.
>>
>>341964457

Why do people hate to give Aonuma credit?
>>
>>341973517
World design is really cool and it's fun to explore. Mechs/skells are a lot of fun too. Story and dialogues are utter shit, though. Combat is a mixed bag for some.
>>
File: Zelda Wii U - 2014 vs 2016.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1800) Image search: [Google]
Zelda Wii U - 2014 vs 2016.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1800
>>341967095
>>
>>341973848
>Story and dialogues are utter shit
Maybe for the main story but some of the side quests are pure gold.
>>
>>341973517
Personally i adored it, exploration is top notch, side quest are excellent, i liked the on-foot combat option and the customisation.
Skells are strong as fuck but less engaging,

Main quest can be weak from time to time, but sidequest are generally pretty good.
If you wanna go for 100% game lenght is pretty damn long, 150 hours or so.
Music is generally very good outside of city theme, which is a shame since obviously you gonna be there often.
8.5/10 pretty good
>>
>>341973848
Has Nintendo censored anything for the Western release?
>>
>>341971267
>Maybe some giant deactivated robot in the middle of a lake
That's merely pretending and will kill you if you get too close, then when you go back to get revenge with the Master Sword it will have armour that can reflect the ms beams
>>
>>341974178
You could say that.
>>
>>341973848
>>341974159
Thanks a lot, guess I'll give it a go.
Although I wonder how this will work out for me with #FE being right around the corner.
>>
they should make mario next

nintendo tokyo sucks
>>
>>341974553
Mario Maker already saved Mario.
>>
>>341967095
>complaining about the graphical downgrade when it wasn't that great to begin with
>playing a nintendo game for the graphics
this is where i'd link a picture of reggie shrugging at you
>>
>>341974318
Rusemaster

I was actually fine since i never got Ares 90 and instead farmed lvl 60 from the start
>>
>>341964457

>building

They are optimising the game because Wii U's hardware is so goddamn shit a fucking smartphone can run this game at 60fps@4K
>>
>>341974159
I liked the night theme more. Switched to night time whenever I was in New LA.
>>
>>341965582
>typical hype trailer
Yeah and about 6 hours of gameplay you mongoloid
>>
>>341972932
Story was kinda shit. People expected Xenogears and got "It's the planet I ain't gotta explain shit"
>>
>>341974902
>>341974902
the yeah and huh annoyed me more, but whatever. I spent my time in oblivia whenever i could anyway
>>
>>341974862

Don't know why people say this when smartphones can cost 2x-3x as much.
>>
>>341964457
but we know monolith helped since Xenoblade X release at least.
>>
>>341965582
>people hate those games because they are OPEN WORL it's true because that's how I conclude my hate post!
Stop self validating , retard. Your feelings don't rewrite history.
>>
>>341975150
Sylvalum and Noctium were the shit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-P4I3yu7Zc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDbh3lLi1ZY
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.