[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there such thing as too much content? Pic related
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: yakuza4_105.jpg (51 KB, 590x333) Image search: [Google]
yakuza4_105.jpg
51 KB, 590x333
Is there such thing as too much content? Pic related
>>
>>341962590
I've never played that game, but yeah. Padding out the experience will bore the player. The Assassin's Creed series comes to mind.
>>
>>341962590
Only if a games story drags on for way too long. But that doesn't apply to the Yakuza series.

Too much content is a complaint from people that don't invest any time and effort into a game.

DSP for example.
>>
>>341962951
>>341962590

Nope. It's only bad if the extra content is obligatory to advance the game.

Almost all yakuza's sidequests can be ignored and you can just rush through the main story.

The first assassin's creed was basically all padding, besides the assassination missions themselves, cause they were the same 3-4 mission before every assassination with the minimal amount of variation.
>>
>>341962590
If the "content" is just a fuck load of fetch quests and "go here and kill x", then yeah. Nobody is going to bother with that shit if it takes them 300 hours to do.
>>
Depends if it is good or not.
If it is bad then yes but if it is good then it's fine.
>>
Content is just a meaningless buzzwords for people who can't understand what makes for compelling gameplay
>>
Not really, there is such a thing as too much low quality content, though.

If the gameplay is dull and uninspired to begin with it only gets worse the more there is of it. It's logical if you think about it.
>>
>>341962951
AC has barely any content copy&pasted hundreds of times, it ain't the same.
>>
>>341964752
It is the other way around.
>>
>>341962590
No

But there is such a thing as too much prison shit holy shit when will Saejima's chapter end why am I in a village this is not fun
>>
The Witcher 3 proved that it was more than possible to be boring to death as a result of an excess of "content".
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.