[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>No funny or quirky characters >No towns or memorable locales
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33
File: sadfs34.jpg (152 KB, 498x515) Image search: [Google]
sadfs34.jpg
152 KB, 498x515
>No funny or quirky characters
>No towns or memorable locales
>No interesting sidekick to join you on your travels
>No hearts or rupee drops
>No fairies
>No music

Is this the LEAST charming Zelda game of all time?
>>
>>341960551
It's the first true sequel to the original game.
>>
>>341960551
>>>No interesting sidekick to join you on your travels
This is bad why?
>>
First two are already disproven.
>>
>>341960551
>first two
disproven
>no sidekick or fairy
why do you want this?
>no hearts or rupee
probably just wasnt shown, but i imagine that its just different than normal
>no music
you can't seriously think this
>>
>>341960551
>>No funny or quirky characters
>>No towns or memorable locales
>>No interesting sidekick to join you on your travels
>>No hearts or rupee drops
>>No fairies
>>No music
How is any of this a bad thing? It's literally taking notes from Shadow of the Colossus and that's a good thing
>>
>>341960551
oh no, hearts don't drop? does that mean you're a faggot?
>>
>>341960551

nintendo can only do games to the extreme.

>o peoper didnt rike open word twiright princess
>skyward sword wirr be a series of harrrays!
>o peoper didn't rike rinear game here's big empty sandu-boxu
>>
>>341961597
>No one insults zelda, you hear me? NO ONE!
>>
>>341962832
Shit posting is against the rules, even if you find it funny
>>
>rpg stats in a zelda
only thing that soils it for me.
>>
>>341960551
(you)
>>
Those placeholder fonts in the demo just told me that the game needs some work before it's finished. Hopefully they'll flesh it out more in the next several months.
>>
>>341960892
But the first game had three more iconic tracks than this game has and it only had three tracks.
>>
>>341963908
>Gamemthat hasn't even come out
>No iconic tracks

An unreleased game literally can not have iconic tracks. I don't think you know what that word means.
>>
>>341960551
It's cartoon Skyrim. It will still probably be better than Fedora's Mask.
>>
>>341963908
>thinks the game doesn't have towns, NPCs, rupees, or music, despite it being confirmed that it does
>thinks the original only 3 music pieces
0/2, dumbass
>>
>>341960551
It looks like they're trying to ride off mainstream successes like Skyrim and Minecraft.

too bad skyrim is shit and minecraft's been dead for awhile
>>
>>341964365
>first 20 minutes of LoZ features the main title theme, the overworld theme, and dungeon theme. All are memorable.
>First 20 minutes of LttP features the crisis theme, castle theme, and overworld theme. All are memorable.
>First 20 minutes of OoT features the Deku tree in peril theme, Navi's theme, Kokiri Forest theme, Saria's theme, Inside the Deku Tree theme, and the overworld theme. All are memorable and have even been featured in college courses detailing the study of leitmotif.
>56 minutes of BotW features wind, birds, shitty plinky """""music"""""" chimes here and there, and dead silence.

https://youtu.be/52UaLUUnpe4

Ok :^]
>>
>The only character we've seen is the old man, they have not yet shown any other characters
>They have purposely not shown any towns, but confirmed they are in the game
>The only sidekicks I can think of are Navi, Tatl, Midna, and the sword from SS. I can only assume what you are actually wanting is another character to fap over.
>Rupee's are in the game, and I'm interested to see how you go about getting them. Is it just chests this time around?
>Have they confirmed no fairies?
>They've switched the overworld to having ambient music/piano, but I'm curious if any actual tracks were played in any of the demos?
>>
There are towns and NPCs, they were just removed in the demo
>>
>>341965000
Out of curiosity, I see this being said all over, who said that NPC's and towns were REMOVED, specifically REMOVED, and where?
They've said they weren't SHOWING them, and were being careful to AVOID story bits for fear of spoiling anything, but where did they say they actively REMOVED things?
>>
>>341965085
nowhere, folks misunderstood that part

the demo was restricted to the plateau area where there are no towns
>>
>>341965203
Right, that's what I figured.
>>
>>341965203
>Despite some publications reporting that The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild won’t feature towns, Eiji Aonuma has confirmed to IGN that the game will feature various villages scattered throughout the vast land you’re able to explore. Here’s what he said.

>“I can’t share too much about villages because to tell you how the villages work, they’re interconnected to the story and overall world.”
>>
>>341965458
Where does that say they removed towns for the demo?
The plateau area is a tiny, tiny part of the game world, it would seem there are no towns in that specific area.
>>
>>341960551
I got a suprise for you OP. They're all gonna be in the final game! Except the sidekick hopefully.
So no reason for you not to buy the game!
>>
>>341965458
The towns better have some cute girls.
>>
>>341964753
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpkQJkStrnE

Check out this theme my friend. From a mini-boss you find 30 seconds from where you start the game.

Love the piano in it.
>>
>>341961327
>>no hearts or rupee
>probably just wasnt shown, but i imagine that its just different than normal
Aonuma said that there won't be heart drops. You have to hunt and cook for healing.
Rupees exist, but Aonuma said you can only get them by selling stuff.
>>
>>341960551
Not finished yet
Nintendo confirmed to have removed them from the demo to avoid spoilers
Wolf Link amiibo let's you spawn Wolf Link to travel with you
>>
>>341965814
Yep. There is one decent 1 minute theme found in a section of game that lasts easily an hour. You may think you've found refutation but you've only fed my point.
>>
>>341963574
?

Weapons and armour having attack and defense values can hardly be called RPG stats.
>>
>>341965926
The Picori hath forsaken us.
>>
>>341965620
Bill said they were "removed"
He said the word removed

Watch one other E3 segments that he was part of.
>>
>>341966202
>It's not long enough!

I imagine you've heard that a lot in your life.
>>
>>341960551
Literally none of that is right

We didnt even see any of the story elements yet. All weve seen is straight gameplay mechanics and probably the least interesting area in the game
>>
>>341966405
we're still not really sure if he meant that the great plateau had towns removed for the demo or if they walled off areas with the town (ie: outside of the demo) to stop players from running into towns.
>>
>>341966263
well how does it work, do you randomly get items or is it just like the different types of chainmail in 1?
>>
>>341966548
All we have to go by is what was said. We can sit here and speculate all day. Bill said they were removed and that's what I choose to believe. Because that is literally all the source has said.
>>
>>341965085
Bill trinen mentions it during treehouse
>>
File: 1444786678331.jpg (7 KB, 250x236) Image search: [Google]
1444786678331.jpg
7 KB, 250x236
>>341966617
whatever happens, I'm beyond excited to play it and can't wait to see what the enhanced version looks like on the NX.

Also, when the fuck are they gonna drop info on the NX? We've waited long enough.
>>
>>341966548
Towns are probably outside the plateau, but then there are places like the woodcutter's cabin, which would be the natural spot to find an NPC, and in fact doesn't make much sense to be there if there isn't one.
>>
>>341960551
half of what op is saying is false, and this was just a demo. in one area where the players had a time limit.
>>
>>341966518
Well played you clever memester you! Bazinger! xD
>>
There was music in the shrines, combat and temple of time iirc, just some ambient sounds for the world though
>>
Pros so far
>physics
>interesting abilities
>combat seems fun and fluid
>Link I can fap to
>music
Cons so far
>graphics are ass
>nothing particulary interesting about the overworld
>pointless collectibles
>retarded crafting
>"survival" elements
>weapon durability

I just wish they showed some towns
>>
>>341966548
Bill said the towns were removed for the E3 demo build.
You can ignore that and assume he meant something else entirely but if that's the case and we can't trust a single thing anyone said at E3 then we don't know a single concrete thing about the game. It' a slippery slope.
>>
>>341960551
Once again OP doesn't do his research

You don't always need a sidekick, sometimes its ok for the hero to do hero things along, lord knows they did back in the old days before things just had to become story focused.

>>No hearts or rupee drops
Hearts are gone due to the fact that the food system was added and picking mushrooms is pretty much still getting hearts. Rupees are still in the game they just weren't in the demo.

>>No fairies
We don't know this yet

>>No music
There was music

All in all I give this a rating of "Use Google before you shitpost/10"
>>
>>341960551
>i have no idea what a demo is
>>
>>341966828
>pointless collectibles
you're gonna have to elaborate on this senpai, basically everything I saw in the demo was useful for one thing or another.
>>
>>341966832
Towns could be seen in the distance, so they weren't really removed. From what Trinnen said, I thought the meant that NPCs were removed, not the towns. I'm also not expecting there to be a town on the plateau, which is were the demo took place.
>>
>>341960551
>I got so used to generic copypasted handholding era Zelda I forgot it was supposed to be about adventure

I'm sure there will be a soundtrack too. They cant all have annoying handholding partner either, gotta grow up sometime.
>>
>>341966828
Hey at least the stylised graphics will still look nice in 10 years, IMO windwaker upresed on dolphin looks much better than the wiibloom one
>>
Im not even a nintendo fan, I stopped buying their shit after the GC because the gimmicks got boring as fuck.

But this game looks like itll probably be a blast. And all the shit in the OP is just blind speculation.
>>
>>341967004
It sure is exciting to collect 20000000 shrooms and berries so I can cook myself some potions, adds so much fun and variety to gameplay! My wife's autistic son loves it. Remember the dark ages when you could just go to town vendor and buy this shit without wasting your time? God we were such barbarians back then
>>
>Assumptions based on small amount of gameplay footage

Is this the MOST autistic OP of all time?
>>
>>341967416
You don't have to collect them. Rupees are already confirmed to be in the game and you'll undoubtedly be able to-

>My wife's autistic son loves it.
oh, nevermind I thought I was arguing with someone without autism flowing through their veins
>>
File: 1372066602783.jpg (57 KB, 919x720) Image search: [Google]
1372066602783.jpg
57 KB, 919x720
>>341967129
it's sad because WWHD is undoubtedly the best way to play it, but the lighting changes are worse and really fuck up the cell-shading.
>>
>>341967416
I bet you eat at KFC everyday instead of cooking your own meals, too.
>>
>>341967416

Well we haven't even seen how rupees work.. And you know what..? I think we might actually be able to buy food/items with those rupees!

But who knows, we've just got core gameplay.
>>
File: 12456464545654.jpg (40 KB, 236x243) Image search: [Google]
12456464545654.jpg
40 KB, 236x243
>>341960551
>This pitiful fuck was crying about Zelda 6 hours ago
>Still have the thread open in which he got blown the fuck out so hard that he left the thread (no doubt to wait until his embarrassing tantrum had passed)
>Comes back and makes his own thread
>Gets blown the fuck out again
My sides, if i'm honest.
>>
>>341967561
Naaah. There another shitpostign thread up with the same image the last 30 or so shitposting thread got.

Makes me wonder if the ''rub my bottle'' uncle fester lookalike gay playstation fuckboy is back on the site. That's his kind of autism
>>
>>341966828
>nothing particularly interesting about the overworld

how are you saying that based on the demo? it's not like it's just an empty landscape, people kept finding random ruins, caves, mountains, and moblin camps. aside from that, what does the overworld need to be interesting? gas stations? hotels?
>>
File: DSC00276.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
DSC00276.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
The mysticism died with Wind Waker.
It felt like a video game, not like an adventure..
IDK really what but I felt like I was saving the world in MM.
In WW I felt I was beating my dick.
>>
>>341967970
So this demo wasn't enough to go on to be interested or disinterested in this game. Got it. What was the point of the demo again if it wasn't indicative of the final product enough to weigh in?
>>
>>341968065
Ok, i'm pretty sure you are legally retarded
>>
>>341968035
It's because MM is a 10 out of 10 while WW is a decent 7.5 out of 10. Not bad, but just obviously rushed and full of half-complete ideas.
>>
>>341966764
Both versions are the same.
>>
File: 124346436456546.png (197 KB, 356x352) Image search: [Google]
124346436456546.png
197 KB, 356x352
>>341967970
These shitposters don't even know what they want from an overworld.
This Zelda game has done overworlds correctly.
The first set of enemies from the first 1% of the world have more interesting AI quirks than endgame enemies from other games.
The "Pointless" collectibles he was crying about is also comedy gold considering those collectibles are better equipment.
>"W-w-w-weapon durability is bad"
Nice meme. Might I suggest getting good, tbqh?
>>
>>341968342
wrong

https://mynintendonews.com/2016/06/16/zelda-breath-of-the-wild-features-different-visuals-on-nx-but-same-experience/

he's said this like 3 times already.
>>
>>341968230
Ok Mr. "It's too early for your side of the argument but not mine!"

You can tell already that this is a 10/10 content rich masterpiece and the guy you're arguing with is literally retarded for feeling like it's vacant shit.
>>
>>341967416
Yeah grinding rupees then porting to town to buy potions sounds way more fun than exploring and finding resources in the overworld to craft them on your own
Survival games are all inherently bad and every game should just be Diablo i guess
>>
>>341968842
>Literally the same mechanic in both games with swapped graphics for one step and the autists will rage at each other over which is better for months to come.

Well played, Aonuma.
>>
>>341968065
I'm asking you what ABOUT the demo made the overworld seem uninteresting, you insufferable autistic asshat.
>>
>>341966764
You're cancer if you buy the NX at launch.
>>
I hope there's an instrument, or a variety of craftable instruments.
I miss the OoT/MM "5 notes and some inflections" system.
>>
>>341960551
>I didn't watch the stream : the post
Towns, funny characters, hearts & rupee, sidekick ( wolf link ), and music already confirmed.
>>
>>341966764
Fall season will reportedly be "100% NX". So, soon.
>>
>>341968541

>same experience

at least that means NX will have amiibo support.
>>
They've already confirmed those exist

You're everything wrong in the Zelda fanbase

>No fairies
Good

>No music
We don't know this yet, but I agree on that. If there's no amazing OST blasing everywhere you go, something is fucking wrong. I sure hope Anouma didn't go "Oh the fans hated SS and we wasted so much money on the OST, now we don't have to. THIS GAME WON'T BE ANOTHER SS AND THE FANS WILL LIKE IT"
>>
>>341965814
Thats really good first boss. SotC with breakable limbs. If thats in the game, there will be more and bigger bosses like it.
>>
>>341969410
more amiibo shit isn't a good thing faggot.
>>
>>341969557

If games use it properly I see no issue with amiibo. The wolf link amiibo is a good example of this.
>>
>>341969624
I guess so, but most people got that one free with TP HD.
>>
>>341960551
What do you think the Forrest Temple music will sound like?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbYWbFHC-B8
>>
>>341961380
shit nigger, never thought of it that way. that's a damn good point.
>>
>>341968065
Woah where are taking those goalposts man!?
>>
>>341966828
>graphics are ass
>nothing particulary interesting about the overworld
>pointless collectibles
>retarded crafting
>"survival" elements
>weapon durability
(you)
>>
>>341969771
I hope we get a good mix of temples that are both indoors and outdoors.
The outdoor segments of the Forest Temple, as well as the Goron Mines, Snowpeak Ruins, and Hyrule Castle from TP, really made the places feel more alive. Like they were places that people could go to and do stuff.
>>
>>341969097
>the same mechanic in both games
yeah there's no difference between minecraft and diablo other than the graphics. well played, anon
>autists will rage at each other over which is better
uo vs eq was 15 years ago
>>
>>341965926
>make most realistic Zelda to ever
>have to hunt and gather resources to survive
>money isn't found on the ground
FUCK YOU NINTENDO
>>
>>341964753
>actual games
>demo
>>
>see that mountain?
>you can pay 19'99$ for the new Mountain amiibo to get there
>>
>>341969270
>wolf link
b-b-but who will guide me when I get lost?
>>
>>341969740
>free
HA, then people who payed for the downloadable version got fucked
>>
>>341971180

I believe the digital version was much cheaper.
>>
>>341971374
That's my point, the amiibo wasn't free if it costs more
>>
>>341960551
So far we've only seen the Old Man, who comments on Link being naked and cold, flies around on a hang glider, swindles you, and is a great dad type character. That's just one major character and he's great.
This is false. They've stated that towns and NPCs were removed for E3, and you can see a town in the very first teaser. The Temple of Time is great. They've also said repeatedly you sell items and minerals for rupees, implying there are not only salesmen but people to buy your shit.
This is a good thing. Midna was absolute shit.
Good. Bosses should be hard. Rupees should matter.
>No fairies
Not even close to confirmed. After all the throwbacks to Zelda 1 do you really think they'd drop Fairies?
>No music
This is wrong. The overworld has incidental piano music as well as battle music of which we've heard is very good. The Shrines also have music. Cutscenes have music. The battle music changes based on what's happening in the fight.
>>
>>341965814
How the fuck is this fight music? It sounds like some beach party. Why are there steel drums?

Compare that to this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEMO7WYph14
>>
>>341967675
>gamepad inventory
>swift sail
>but bloom

AHHHHH fuck you nintendo
>>
>>341971558
>$10 for CPU buddy
based nintendo!
>>
>>341972069
>$10
>get collectible figure
>a 40 floor cave in TP
>partner who hunts with you in BotW
Call me when traditional DLC works for multiple games
>>
>>341972069
>>341972245
Forgot to mention weapons for Midna in HW
>>
>>341972245
>>get collectible figure
what kind of manchild are you?
>>
>>341972245
Why would you want to collect McDonalds toys?
>>
File: Two GREAT things from E3.png (935 KB, 566x799) Image search: [Google]
Two GREAT things from E3.png
935 KB, 566x799
>>
>>341972394
>>341972576
>getting this triggered over what I spent my money on
Just because I said that's what you can do with it, doesn't mean that my reason for purchasing it
As it was already stated, the Wolf Link amiibo already game with the physical version of TP and since I rather own a disc rather than take up memory on my Wii U, I didn't really have a say in the matter
And unlike you basement dwellers, I have a job and thus have enough disposable income to spend on whatever the hell I want
Again, talk to me when DLC that you buy for a game, works in another game
>>
File: 1465951144008.jpg (37 KB, 540x431) Image search: [Google]
1465951144008.jpg
37 KB, 540x431
>>341972992
>manchild who collects children's toys has the gall to call others "basement dwellers"
>calls other people triggered
Drink bleach, loser.
>>
>>341972394
>>341972576
>You're a manchild who plays with toys
>plays videogame meant for children
or do you guys only play mature games for mature gamers such as yourselves?
>>
>>341972992
>>341973182
samefag
>>
>>341973153
>collects childrens toys
Did you even read my post or are you too autistic?
>Wolf Link amiibo already game with the physical version of TP and since I rather own a disc rather than take up memory on my Wii U, I didn't really have a say in the matter
shitpost somewhere else please
>>
>>341973280
>d-don't insult muh amiiboos!
pathetic
>>
>>341960551

The more TECHNOLOGY webms I see, the less impressed I get. The effect has mostly worn off on me, and now it just seems alright.
>>
>>341973334
Holy fucking shit how stupid are you?
Where did I say I collect them?
>>
>>341970089
No no. There are plenty of differences there. But those two games are not like to the two Zelda games you are drawing them in to compare with.

Zelda game 1:
>Gather materials
>Exchange for useful goods at hub

Zelda game 2:
>Gather materials
>Exchange for useful goods at node

In either one literally the ONLY difference is in what you call the gathering material and what graphic it has.
>>
>>341973521
You're sitting here acting like a crybaby because someone doesn't like nintendo's shitty plastic figurines. Fuck off.
>>
>>341960551
>>
>>341960551
>hearts popping out of the grass
>charming
>>
File: 3854234509.jpg (18 KB, 300x285) Image search: [Google]
3854234509.jpg
18 KB, 300x285
>>341973662
>amiiboshit
>>
>>341973634
Were you not the one complaining about spending $10?
If you're mad that your mom won't give you money for an amiibo that's fine, but no need to take it out on me
Maybe if you ask her nicely, or do some chores around the house she'll change her mind
>>
>>341960551

The one thing I'm glad to see gone forever.
>>
>>341973810
>caring about other peoples purchases
>>
>>341972245
>weapons for Midna in HW
>>341972245
>>a 40 floor cave in TP
Doesn't apply if you buy the superior NX version like a non-faggot.
>>
>>341973943
>physical DLC AI companion
Thanks Jewtendo
>>
>>341974094
>this thing wont work if you dont have the other thing for it
>>
>>341973594
in zelda game 2 you can craft/cook food anywhere there's fire, which you can create at will if you've gathered resources to do so. you can also craft regular items anywhere in zelda game 2
"nodes" are also far more numerous than hubs in a previous zelda game or diablo. hubs are previously used to manage play sessions and progress in linear games, but in your example, nodes can be integrated into basic exploration loops like fighting moblin encampments for a fire, or simply using nodes as their own reward economy for completing goals in the overworld. this lets you keep moving through the world instead of tp'ing back and forth. it makes far more sense for an open world game with survival elements.

both cases are very different from game 1.
>>
>>341973881
Sounds like an awful lot of projection there, loser.
>>
>>341974153
Ya because they were going to add Wolf Link even if amiibos didn't exist right?
>>
>>341974153

Or they didn't have to do anything. you fucking losers will argue about the most minuscule shit.
>>
>>341974187
Yeah, so people who didn't buy the piece of shit Wii U have to pay $12 or whatever for the amiibo just for the one feature.
>>
>>341974245
Learn to read, I have a job and I'm done arguing with you since unlike you, I have a life outside of shitposting on an anonymous image board
I hope that you'll find someone else to keep you entertained and that they find a cure for autism
>>
>>341974257
How do you know they wouldn't?
>>341974312
Its a fucking product, its not like they're doing us a favor for free or some shit. I'm sure the reason they made the Wolf Link amiibo in the first place was so it could work with BotW. There's no way they added it after TP HD, there wouldn't be enough time to show if off at E3.
>>
>>341974328

You can never win. It's not just ONE feature if you enjoy playing Nintendo games. You're clearly a faggot though so there's that.
>>
File: 87690.jpg (25 KB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
87690.jpg
25 KB, 400x386
>>341974393
>I-I'm not the l-loser, you are!
>I'm walking away because I know I look like a retard
>>
>>341974257
Jesus they've jewed you kid's heads so hard you can't even fathom a consumer/developer relationship where you get bonus things included on disc for free. Holy shit that's sad. You DO know Doggy Link is on the disc right? Right fucking there. You are paying for literally nothing but the honor to pay them extra. You are telling Nintendo that you will pay $60 for X and that a single digital wolf is worth 1/6th of a full fucking game.
...That 6 digital wolves is worth the same as a:
Fucking. Full. Game.
Just... FUCK. Man. God people like you depress me.
>>
>>341974456

So why should they have cared? Nintendo could have left it at the additional wolf dungeon for TP only and called it a day, but they still decided to add more options for the wolf amiibo. you sound like an ass who doesn't understand anything though.
>>
>>341965814
I don't really like this music. I get it's a very early overworld boss, but I still feel there should be something more exciting.

Considering (I'm guessing) they're taking notes from Dragon's Dogma, they should know the hype tracks made those overworld fights great. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtilBmwDUNQ

Hopefully specific areas like towns or Death Mountain have classic tunes.
>>
>>341974328
The feature is completely optional
That's like complaining that the new Xbox One controller now has bluetooth so you can use it to play PC games and saying "ya but i dont have a PC"
Either buy it and take advantage of everything it can do, or shut up
>>
>>341974472
Yeah well I didn't buy the piece of trash Wii U because I'm not a faggot like you apparently, so if I buy the Wolf Link amiibo toy crap for 1/5 the price of the game I would be paying solely for the Wolf companion.
>>
>>341974661
Or Nintendo could stop being jews. Its a fucking Wolf AI companion. It isn't worth twelve fucking dollars
>>
>>341965814
Why is it named after that Ice Cave from Four Swords.
>>
>>341974673

That sounds like it's your problem more than mine.
>>
>>341974257
Holy shit I'm hyped for BOTW but you can fuck off with this DLC shit
>>
>>341960551
Kek
>>
>>341974759
>b-b-but Nintendo is consumer friendly I swear!!!
>>
>>341974740
It also works for Hyrule Warriors and Twilight Princess
Seems like it's worth $12 to me
>>
>>341960551
>this game is shit
>hasnt played it

/v/.
>>
>>341974609
I think the music is fitting considering the boss is a clumsy fuck who keeps dropping his head into the ground.

Not everything has to be epic or grimdark, Zelda has always had some comic relief.
>>
File: aqhiv.jpg (24 KB, 410x308) Image search: [Google]
aqhiv.jpg
24 KB, 410x308
>>341974851
>he bought a Wii U
>>
>>341974813
>DLC
google the meaning and realize it's not DLC
>>
File: 1372152986474.gif (981 KB, 500x520) Image search: [Google]
1372152986474.gif
981 KB, 500x520
>>341974830

At least you tried. Keep up the good work.

>YFW
>>
Yfw this is recycled for that overworld boss fight against whatever the fuck is crawling on Death Mountain https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EioUJCiy7_Q
>>
>>341974958
Thats yfw when you bought 20 amiiboos.
>>
>>341974912
Ya I did and I enjoy games like
Super Mario 3D World
Mario Kart 8
Super Smash Bros
Bayonetta 2 (The first was also bundled with it)
Pikmin 3
Xenoblade Chronicles X
ZombiU
>>
>>341975026

Can't even come up with your own insult. ahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. what a fucking loser.
>>
>>341960551
In demo.

In demo.

Wolf Link. Also, how is that a bad thing? People still bitch about Navi and blue robot qt "batteries" girl from Skyward Sword.

That's actually an observation i haven't noticed. Good eye. How is that a bad thing, though?

>No fairies
In demo.

>No music
Eh?
>>
File: 1459989807794.jpg (149 KB, 637x480) Image search: [Google]
1459989807794.jpg
149 KB, 637x480
>>341975135
>buys $10 McDonalds toys
>comes on the internet to defend his McDonalds toys
>calls other people losers
>>
>>341975185
McDonalds toys work in videogames now?
I gotta get me a happy meal
>>
File: 1350044202844.png (205 KB, 500x366) Image search: [Google]
1350044202844.png
205 KB, 500x366
>>341975185

Keep going, you'll get it right eventually.
>>
>>341975248
You know if you're going to be a manchild you could at least buy the good looking figurines so its not like you're displaying literal trash in your house.
>>
>>341960551
Some classic elements are not there because most people don't want another rehash. This Zelda only gets good reception because it doesn't look like a rehash like all the other ones.
>>
>>341975185
>buy video game
>it comes with said video game
>have the bonus of being able to use it in multiple ways
>>
>>341974905
That's fair enough. I just hope there's some contrast if you get me.

I get what they're going for with the overworld (particularly with the SOTC influence) but SOTC worked because there was a huge contrast between the quiet plains and super loud orchestrated fights, I'm hoping the new Zelda will have some variety in hype overworld fights. Guardians look cool, but if they're one of only 3 or so big overworld goons they'll get tiring.

Honestly if they're taking the SOTC influence they may as well go all the way, imagine riding into some area and then some Dirge motherfucker is swimming around in the sand beneath you.
>>
>>341975313
I didn't know McDonalds toys had this much detail
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzMJPRvGD6E
>>
>>341968035
You grew up doofus
>>
File: GSCG90103lg.jpg (45 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
GSCG90103lg.jpg
45 KB, 500x500
>>341975376
I seriously don't understand, why not just buy a damn figma?
>>
>>341975342
>buy record
>it comes with a full playlist
>pay man in trenchcoat around the corner $10 or he'll stab you to death if you listen to the final song
>>
>>341975342
Still sucks for people who were smart enough not to buy a Wii U.
>>
>>341975475
HAH! Does that well detailed and posable toy come with the ability to let me use content locked away on a disc I already paid for?! NO.

Get owned, scrub.
>>
>>341975475
And do what with it? Pose it?
I don't play with dolls, I'd much rather have a wolf hunt with me
>>
>>341966828
>Cons so far
>>graphics are ass

I personally love this artstyle. But then again different people have different tastes.

Weapon durability is something that has me wondering, but then again the fact that enemy weapons also can break in combat makes me look forward to it
>>
>>341975734
>I don't play with dolls,
yes you do. You collect amiibos.
>I'd much rather have a wolf hunt with me
Jewtendo shouldn't charge extra for it.
>>
>>341975328

>Some classic elements are not there because most people don't want another rehash

This is one of the stupidest things I've ever read. There are consistent elements to games that are iconic and integral to the game, having them in multiple games doesn't make it a rehash. Having literally the same content with barely any if at all differences between two games makes the newer one a rehash, not because it shares similar elements.
>>
>>341963574
literally the only 'stat' is temperature, the rest has always been in a zelda game like buffs. What are you, fucking retarded?
>>
>>341975376
>>341975734
>I don't play with dolls but look at the detail on this McDonald's toy.
>I don't wanna sound gay or nothin' but I'd love to suck the shit from your asshole as I cradle your balls and stroke your cock, sir.
>>
>>341975832
>collect
>play with
Is that what people do with stamps, coins or historical weapons? They play with them?
>>
>>341964753
ALTTP music sucks and it's the worst fucking zelda game of them all. Only nostalgiafags will disagree. Gameboy zeldas are far superior
>>
>>341975965
>>I don't wanna sound gay or nothin' but I'd love to suck the shit from your asshole as I cradle your balls and stroke your cock, sir.
wow that's alot of projecting, keep in mind this is a SWF board
>>
>>341975808
I like the artstyle too, still looks like ass though.
>>
>>341975867
This is one of the stupidest things I've ever read. To make something new and refreshing throw the overused elements off and replace them with fresh stuff. Zelda has been shit and a rehash series since Wind Waker with always the same formula.
>>
>>341975968
You think people who collect Gundam models play with them?
Fucking retard.
You're using it in a video game so yeah you are literally playing with it.
>>
File: smuganimeface.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
smuganimeface.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>341976078
Well, I like it. Ha!
>>
>>341965814
Is there a clip of someone actually beating this miniboss? Really curious to see what happens when you do
>>
>>341976041
Nice deflection loser. Get fucked.
>>
>>341976041
Nothin' wrong with a little faggotry every now and then, Anon. That's not the insult. What we're all making fun of you here for is the pathetic denial. But keep defending your McDonald's toy collection, champ. It's always good for a laugh.
>>
Don't think the lack of music is bad. It's going for ambience and only plays themes at certain contextual cues. Like Shadow of the Colossus which this has seemed to take inspiration from since the first reveal.
>>
>>341976202
Ya but I can't do that with shitty figmas now can I?
>>
File: 1465693568910.jpg (17 KB, 249x242) Image search: [Google]
1465693568910.jpg
17 KB, 249x242
>>341975734
>I don't play with dolls
>>341975376
>OH GOD LOOK AT THE DETAIL ON THIS PLASTIC KID'S TOY BET YOUR JELLY FAG
>>
>>341976403
Either way you're a manchild who collects plastic toys, you really think you're better than the weebs who collect animu girl figures? Fucking lol kid. How delusional.
I cant believe I'm actually seeing someone defending fucking amiibos this hard.
>>
>>341976268
>>341976272
>>341976408
>Losers getting mad about what I choose to buy
Holy fucking shit you guys are pathetic kek
Feel free to reply with whatever hateful/clever comment or reaction pic you have, won't change the fact that you all get triggered so easily
>>
>another zelda shit post thread

just how hard are your jimmies rustled by the fact that Nintendo won E3 with a single game?
>>
>>341976549
We're not mad. We're mocking. You're buying kid's meal quality toys to unlock content on a disc you already paid for, Anon. You're hilarious.
>>
File: 17.png (117 KB, 372x351) Image search: [Google]
17.png
117 KB, 372x351
>>341976549
No one's mad but you buddy. We're just laughing at you
>y-yeah I collect amiibos, w-what of it? It doesn't m-make me a l-loser
>oh but those figmas thats too fucking far only losers do that
>Excuse me but I actually LIKE paying $12 for locked on disc content!
>>
>>341971956
That seriously sounds awful. I'm not even trying to bait you.
>>
>>341976638
>>341976675
Why does it affect you so much? It's my choice, you fags wanna miss out on content so be it
>>
Overworld looks empty as fuck, game is tailored to millenials who need "muh open world" in every single franchise, its hot trash.
>>
File: 245.jpg (110 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
245.jpg
110 KB, 500x375
>>341976804
>He's still posting
>>
>>341976638
>>341976675
>w-were not mad we're better than you!
>>
>>341975475
>ball joints
>>
>>341976804
Well, retards like you DO set precedent enough for developers to lock fun stuff away behind pay walls. So I guess if I wanted to I could resent you. But you can't. You can't resent retardation. You can't help it. So I just laugh at you and opt not to indulge shitty business practices instead.
>>
>>341976804
>Its literally okay when Nintendo does it.
I bet you shitpost when other companies announce DLC
>>
>>341976804
>he collects figurines
>>
good job shitting up the thread autists
>>
File: 798.png (306 KB, 593x540) Image search: [Google]
798.png
306 KB, 593x540
>>341976884
>butthurt amiibofags
>>
>>341976831
And what is it you're doing?
>>341976917
Nope because my jimmies don't get rustled like yours do when other people spend money on something they want
>>
The game isn't even out yet. It was a demo. Stop acting like a retard
>>
>>341976979
What does that make you then?
>>
>>341976998
>>
>>341976979
>butthurt animefag
>>
File: 1459638396783.jpg (92 KB, 721x604) Image search: [Google]
1459638396783.jpg
92 KB, 721x604
>>341977042
>N-no u
>>
>>341977085
How many amiibos did you buy?
>>
>anon buys amiibo
>shitposters get triggered
>amiibofag defends self
>shitposters continue to attack
This is why this board is shit, you faggots will argue about anything
>>
>>341977085
Do you sometimes act out everyday situations using your figurines?
>>
>>341977227
Beats fapping to 2D women
>>
File: QApiAxC[1].jpg (212 KB, 2048x1356) Image search: [Google]
QApiAxC[1].jpg
212 KB, 2048x1356
>>341977213
Okay you convinced me, I was clearly in the wrong here.
>>
>>341977298
whether you're fapping to 2D or 3D its all just pixels on a screen unless you actually meet her.
>>
>>341977383
>he is still attracted to meat women in 2016
>>
>>341977213
>retard acts like a retard
>other people point and laugh
fixed
>>
>>341977383
Good thing I can fap onto my amiibos
>amiibo fags 1
>everyone else 0
>>
>>341977446
Arguing with a retard doesn't make you any less retarded, retard
Nice try though, thanks for playing
>>
>>341977446

it's a non argument by an orbiting shitter that doesn't say anything other than be a condescending faggot that has his head too far up his own ass to do anything else
>>
>>341977783
>orbiting
???
>>
>>341977146
>>341977227
yes
>>
>>341965814
One of the most repetitive and boring bosses I've seen. Don't know why people like this.
>>
>>341974456
>How do you know they wouldn't?
Why would they as it's completely out of place for the game.
>>
>>341977846

in this context someone that browses the board and lurks threads typically frequently with the intent of interjecting random posts and using fallacies to attract attention, usually because they have no knowledge to make a solid argument so it's dumb shit like generic ad hominems or other retarded crap
>>
>>341977927
>repetitive and boring bosses
Oh ya let's go play volleyball with Ganon
>>
>>341966405
I think Bill might have just misspoken there. It really doesn't make sense for towns to be on the plateau.
>>
>>341978149
So what you're saying is: he's a shitposter?
>>
>>341978221
In no Ganon fight ever do you only play volleyball with him though. I'm not entirely knocking the rock boss because you can kill him in a few different ways and that's cool, but he is not a very complex boss. The comparison you draw is not needed. He's a mini boss.
>>
>>341978287

liked calling it trolling because it had a specific connotation and "shitposting" is used way too frequently as "you said something i don't like"
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 960x540
>>341972576
Shit, got a chuckle out of me
>>
>i know all of this despite the game not being out yet
ok
>>
They said you could get a robot companion on tree house retards.
>>
File: 1338049874419.gif (726 KB, 446x251) Image search: [Google]
1338049874419.gif
726 KB, 446x251
>>341960551
>no heart drops

There's food everywhere.
>>
i'm actually excited for this game to have music played from in-world sources. with 3D positional audio. afaik Nintendo has as-yet never done that? not sure about their most recent games, but again afaik they've always just had their music over the top of everything.

this game could be forcing them to, not just modernize, but actually advance, innovate. something they haven't done essentially since the start of their ridiculous Blue Ocean shit.
>>
>>341979032
Which is legitimately the worst change they've made.

Instead of heart drops being worthless when you're at full health, now it's impossible to ever drop below full health, because you can pause and heal up every 5 seconds. Every time you would have gotten a heart drop previously, you now get what is effectively another heart container, as there's no penalty to healing up whenever you want.
>>
>>341979738
Not a bad thing. If this was an older Zelda game then maybe, but from the stream you could see that enemies did way, way more damage on average. One enemy even doing 7 and a half hearts with a single attack.
>>
>>341979886
On average? The common enemy, Bokoblin, did a quarter heart.
>>
>>341961015
>>341961327
Midna was perfectly fine. Though I guess in a series with utter shitters like Navi and Fi you could stick a jester's hat on a pig with bad gas and it'd be a perfectly fine companion in comparison too.

Fuck Fi was terrible.
>>
>>341979990
Fi was cute. Cute!

The problem was that the game was shit and they used her for retarded tutorials.
>>
>>341979583
There's a bit of in-world source music in other Nintendo games (Zelda games, Mario Sunshine and a few others)
>>
>>341960551
The game still has six plus months of development time to go. If it seems like it's uncharming, it's probably because it isn't 100% finished yet. I'd imagine all of those normal Zelda conventions will still be in, don't worry your pretty little head.
>>
>>341979970
Yes. If you consider each type of enemy that we've seen and average out their attacks by number of hearts, it's significantly higher than previous games. Of course the most common enemy won't do much. But the Guardian doing 6 1/2 (I believe) and the rock monster one shotting the guy even though he had a set of extra hearts tells me that damage output is way higher. This was all in the starting area. Just based on those two enemies alone it's already way higher than previous Zelda games.
>>
File: 1463778260983.jpg (47 KB, 621x502) Image search: [Google]
1463778260983.jpg
47 KB, 621x502
>>341974393
>I have a life outside of shitposting on an anonymous image board
Then you wouldn't be here.
>>
>>341979990
Navi did fucking nothing wrong.
>>
File: smugger than you know.jpg (178 KB, 992x956) Image search: [Google]
smugger than you know.jpg
178 KB, 992x956
>>341960551
I've only ever player Mahora's Mask and I liked it a lot. This Zelda looks pretty good. I'm mostly excited for Nier Automata and The Last Guardian though. Sweet time to be alive. Oh wait, this is /v/. Holy shit I hate ____ because they _____ and PC is _____ and consoles are holding back the ________ and ____ you man!!!!!!!!
>>
>>341980147
Or they went to a high level area with the shitty starter tunic, and by the time you actually get there in the real game you'll be taking 1-1.5 hearts worth of damage from their attacks.
>>
>>341960551

All of these point are either disproven or not bad. The only one I agree with is the no music one.
>>
>>341980220
/v/ has become such a hell hole. Troop on trooper. Just enjoy stuff.
>>
File: 1454227340707.png (439 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1454227340707.png
439 KB, 400x400
>>341974609
I agree that the music doesn't feel very Boss Battle-ish, and sounds more like something that'd be playing as you're going through some Rube Goldberg style deathtrap, but I also have to say that that music is catchy as hell.
>>
>>341980267
I don't think so, because all of this happened on the starter plateau. I mean, it could be. But I'm pretty sure it isn't.
>>
>>341980147
That's a disingenuous statistic and you know it. It takes a beamos spider walker thirty-seven years to charge its 5 heart attack and they're pretty fucking rare. The rock boss is the only other hard hitter and we've seen one.

This is the first Zelda to have RPG defense scaling so none of this discussion will have weight anyway until we can have endgame statistics to work with. Because as of right now with the gear we've seen I have no doubt """""endgame""""" enemies will likely do absurd damage in the range of 20 or more hearts.
>>
>>341980319
You're telling me that it's impossible to move some mobs around for the sake of a demo?
>>
>>341980350
Yeah that's true. I just figured since all of these things could be found in the starter area of the game that it's an indication of stronger enemies down the line. But then again this is Nintendo, so you never really know.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.