[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
They're trying to let you down easy. https://www.youtu
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 60
File: NX (2).jpg (6 KB, 328x153) Image search: [Google]
NX (2).jpg
6 KB, 328x153
They're trying to let you down easy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xhl5sk9i6Mk
>>
NX is a family of low powered hardware.
>>
Holy fuck, it cant be posible, Wii U again uh?...No, THEY NEED TO LEARN, I WANT MY 500 TERAFLOPS
>>
File: 1432975535574.jpg (34 KB, 597x593) Image search: [Google]
1432975535574.jpg
34 KB, 597x593
>>341951776
>>341952318
I truly hope its not as bad as it seems for you Nintendo fans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLX8PnVvkuo
>>
So is Nintendo's fanbase just neckbeard zelda fans and weebs now that they effectively alienated the majority of serious gamers with the Wii? Did Nintendo just think that the grandma and grandpa and yuppies who enjoyed the Wii were going to carry over? The casual market is fickle and I'm glad to see Nintendo crash. Never thought I'd say that.
>>
>>341951776
Didn't these morons learn anything from the Wii U?

God, this is going to be Sega all over again.
>>
>>341954246
Even though they're releasing shit-tier consoles nowadays, Nintendo still has the biggest cash reserves of the big three. Wrestle with that for a while.
>>
File: CAN'T WAKE UP.jpg (8 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
CAN'T WAKE UP.jpg
8 KB, 480x360
>>341952536
>>
>>341952536
Why do Americans pronounce Our like Are?
>>
>>341954842
>Sega all over again.
At least in Sega's case the consoles they were releasing too quickly were at least suitable generational jumps.
>>
>>341955113
biggest hoarde != longest survivability
>>
>>341951776
>"we want them to keep fighting each other"
Oh hey, another thread by an underaged OP who doesnt know shit about the vidya.
>>
>>341951776
under any aspect, NX being close to power to PS4 and Xbone is better than Neo and escorpion.

PXbone both have around the same power. and if NX is on he same bubble, it means porting will be easy.

by rumors, comparing NEO and Scorp will have way dfferent outputs. so it means each port for it will need to be more customized, = more work and less profits. if NX were to be a rd worse on this unbalanced race, it will be a reason for 3rd party to avoid it.
>>
>>341955698
when are they going to realize that always having the underpowered console and not being on the same release cycle as MS/Sony is fucking them?

third party matters for fuck sake nintendo

having a non-gimped version of madden and fifa matters
>>
>>341956830
Third parties already are ignoring nintendo since the end of the wii.

All these beefed up systems will do is make decelopment even more expensive.

I wouldnt be surprised if scorpio/neo games launch with an extra $10-20 on the normal price tag.
>>
>>341951776
If I was an exec at Nintendo I'd just partner with Samsung or some shit and make an android phone/handheld locked down seven ways to sunday with the capability to do exclusive games as if it were a real handheld. Have an HDMI out and tell the console market to fuck off.
>>
>>341957171
3rd party are lazy but ultimately are bussiness, if developing for NX is easy they will do it, cause a sale is a sale, WiiU and past console were harder to develop/ or more expensive cause adjusting model and polygon counts.

Hell the wide range of setting is 1 of the reason PC is not devs main target second being that there is no one the PC market bribing publisher for exclusive deal... Imagine is Steam decided to start to pay Capcom of Square to make games STEAM exclusive
>>
>>341952219
Its a family of Nvida Tegra SoC powered shit that is going to run mobile games.
The whole NX line runs Android.
>>
File: 1448443506006.jpg (440 KB, 693x693) Image search: [Google]
1448443506006.jpg
440 KB, 693x693
>"We just want to make games for our fans"
>XD WOW DUDE NINTENDO IS FUCKING DEAD LMAO
Not surprising coming from Sonyponys who pray every day that Bloodborne doesn't go to PC, and worship a company that thinks Infinite Warfare would be better to show off at their conference than actual exclusives like Gravity Rush 2 that now looks like is about to get the Tearaway PS4 edition treatment.
>>
>>341951776
Can they fucking drop the WII U SHIT?
IT SOLD 11 MILLION CONSOLES
NO ONE BOUGHT THE FUCKING THING
IT'S SOLD THE SAME NUMBER THE FUCKING DREAMCAST SOLD

JESUS FUCK, DROP THE WII U.
>>
>>341957869
There isn't a redder ocean in the consumer tech space than Android devices. If that's what the NX really is, it is dead on arrival.
>>
>>341958192
Its up to 12 million now actually.
>>
>>341958257
HOLY SHIT

WHOOPDIE FUCKING DO
>>
File: 1466247615226.png (193 KB, 500x421) Image search: [Google]
1466247615226.png
193 KB, 500x421
>>341958367
>>341958192
wow, you sure do get mad over your video games, anon
>>
>>341958192
Well how many 3DS's and amiibos were sold? Cause I think Nintendo gets some profit from those as well.
>>
>>341955287
We pronounce it like "hour" where I'm from.
>>
>>341951776
I watched that video and found out one thing

OP is a HUGE FAGGOT I guess I should have expected it though.
>>
Sony is saying the same thing
"Specifically when asked about the power gap, he tried to downplay it as much as possible.

“Is that going to be the end-all, be-all of the gaming experience? No,” he said. “I think more than anything else today, we’re seeing the power of narrative move the gaming business forward more than ever before.”
"
>>
>>341959092
SONYDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED
>>
>>341955287

its regional.
>>
>>341959092
That's the tune you sing when you aren't the most powerful system. That certainly wasn't the message on the last go around. I don't necessarily disagree with it either [except the part about "narratives" where they're shilling their movie games], but if you have the best hardware you don't shy away from telling people.

And if they really didn't care about the power, they would have stuck with standard PS4 a little longer than Christmas 2016.
>>
>>341959715
it is a very odd message to be sending, especially since at least half their top exclusives are just rereleases. hopefully this will force them to make something more than just order 1886
>>
>>341958030
Sony's reason for making the Neo? Simply to prevent PS4 owners from jumping ship due to, and I quote, 'superior graphics'.

http://www.videogamer.com/news/sony_hopes_playstation_neos_better_graphics_will_stop_ps4_users_jumping_to_pc.html

You know, western multiplats. Which are on every console. Sony isn't even confident in all those Japanese games that they have a functional monopoly over. Nioh? Disgaea? Bloodborne? Those games don't fucking matter, apparently. This reminds me of another arrogant Japanese console maker who had to rush out a new console to keep up with the competition, and shown a total disregard for the developers who stayed loyal to them.
>>
>>341951776
Company that focuses on content = shit
Company that focuses on hardware = god-tier

these "gamers" are embarrassingly stupid.
>>
File: nintendo console sales.png (86 KB, 870x748) Image search: [Google]
nintendo console sales.png
86 KB, 870x748
>>341951776
NX is going to be a re-packaged Wii U, the same way the Wii was a re-packaged Gamecube. And it will have the same fate as the Wii U.
>>
In Nintendo's defense, I think they DO need to focus on finding a good gimmick for the NX this time around.

If they just release a basic bitch multiplat machine similar to and on par with the PS4 and Xbone, it'll be a massive failure. Normies have already made their decision as far as console of choice this gen, and they're all already comfortable with said choice. They need an exciting new "something" to differentiate themselves, excite people, and convince them to consider picking up a new console mid-cycle.

The trouble will be figuring out what that perfect gimmick is, and finding a way to include it at a competitive price that won't drive up the cost hardware like what happened of the Wii U.

If people flock to it, 3rd parties will follow.
>>
>>341951776
what were the videos
>>
>>341960528
Nice chart, just ignore the Wii completely because it was a huge success.
>>
>>341959963
>functional monopoly
>Sony
I wouldn't exactly use those terms to describe Sony's financial status. Not only that but you're only proving the point, if Sony doesn't show any confidence in their exclusives, then why the fuck should you buy their new and much more expensive console? To play a game that I can play on 3 other platforms? One of which will probably still end up looking better than the Neo
>>
>>341960081
nintendo has neither which is the problem
>>
>>341960754
A functional monopoly in Japan. All major Japanese games come out for Sony's consoles, thus making them exclusives.
>>
>>341960820
>Nintendo not having content.
Nice bait.
>>
File: 356356963740.jpg (955 KB, 982x3462) Image search: [Google]
356356963740.jpg
955 KB, 982x3462
>>341960739
The Wii is an outlier. The trend is downward. The Wii U was such a big failure that it's as if the Wii didn't exist if you look at the red line. If the trend continues with the NX, their next system will only sell a few million units at best. The Wii was a fluke and it did more harm to Nintendo in the long run than it helped.
>>
>>341961226
So you think that if the Wii U didn't have the Gamepad, had power similar to PS4 and Bone, had third party support ect, it STILL would have sold 12 million? Fuck off with muh patterns.
>>
>>341961226
I'm pretty confident that the NX will be big. After all, Nintendo have said over and over again that they're designing the NX for the core gamer. LOZ Breath of the Wild is proof of that.
>>
>>341961386
You don't get it-- the reason why the pattern is happening is because Nintendo didn't do all of that stuff. Nintendo's corporate culture has always been the reason for the downward trend going all the way back to the SNES under performing from the NES. They still have the mindset of a toy company.

Sega figured out back in the 16 bit wars that to curate and produce a game console ecosystem, it needs to be approached as an entertainment and consumer electronics company. There needs to be different games for every demographic-- every game can't be for every demographic, the way Nintendo tries to do things, because then you get branded as being the company that only makes "family games."
>>
>>341961671
Nintnedo also said that the WiiU was for their core gamer audience.
Immediately after making these statements Nintendo started putting up commercials on their youtube channel that were full of 5 year old kids screaming and playing Nintendo games with their family.

Those kids are Nintendo's core audience.

The NX is an Android tablet, not a console.
>>
>>341961671
>Nintendo have said over and over again that they're designing the NX for the core gamer

They said the same thing about the Wii U, and they did the same shit they did with the Wii. Nintendo has been promising to change their spots for years but they never do. I'll believe it when I see it.
>>
>>341962146
So what? Because Nintendo didn't get it right, that means they can never get it right?

Sony had free online-play for PS3, and they started charging for PS4. Such a shit decision, but it's okay for Sony to be shit isn't it?
>>
File: 2456427.jpg (24 KB, 400x592) Image search: [Google]
2456427.jpg
24 KB, 400x592
Reggie reminds me of Gotham's mayor.
>>
>>341962225
>I'll believe it when I see it.
I'm seeing it now from Breath of the Wild.
>>
>>341962640
What will you say when they reveal the horseshoe controller?
>>
>>341962514
The best indicator of future behavior is past behavior.
Nintendo is the Disney of videogames. They're never going to target demographics other than families, and little kids.

Nice job trying to bring Sony into this discussion, you immature nintoddler. Insecurity doesn't look good on anyone.
>>
>>341962640
It's one game. If you've only been playing Nintendo for the last 10 years I'm sure it looks absolutely incredible, but for people who have had access to games like Dragon's Dogma and Skyrim for all these years it doesn't look to be breaking much new ground. For the series it is, but not for gaming in general. It still has Nintendo's notoriously thrifty production values and the Wii U hardware is holding it back.
>>
>>341962726
Nothing, because they won't release that as the main controller. Do you only look at Nintendo when there's something to jab at? They've been making heaps of patents, it only makes sense that they're reserving these ideas.
>>
>>341962791
Heh, exactly.
>>
>>341962869
Except everyone is still quite happy to have another Dark Souls and Elder Scrolls, but when Nintendo tries to enter that area, it's no big deal.
>>
>>341960739
>big success
>took them 5 gens to make a home console that breaks 100 million
>meanwhile sony got it on their first try AND sold more than the wii
LMFAO
>>
>>341963821
Nice bait, but everything you just said is irrelevant. LMFAO
>>
>>341955287
Why don't Brits pronounce the R at the end of words?
>>
Y'all did catch that they said this in reference to things like the new 4K boxes Sony and MS are putting out, right?
>>
>It's not about specs

It's really not, though. Look at the PS1. The PS2. The DS, the 3DS

It's entirely about library. Not that I'm saying the NX will excel in that department, but
>>
>>341964289
Apparently the context doesn't matter. If Nintendo says that they're for content, they're automatically doomed.
>>
File: 1460409412300.jpg (130 KB, 1620x599) Image search: [Google]
1460409412300.jpg
130 KB, 1620x599
>>341963821
shut up sonygger. grrrrr DELETE THIS!!
>>
What do you expect from nintendo? They are having huge succes with a 240p machine.
>>
>>341954842
>Didn't these morons learn anything from the Wii U?

The lesson from the Wii U is don't make a controller that costs around half of what the console's price is and can't be easily replaced.

MOAR GRAPHICAL POWER is wanted by retards who don't understand the console business or gaming in general.
>>
>>341961007
And yet those exclusives are barely looked at by anyone because:
1.) It's weebshit approved by Sony so their fans can come up with an excuse as to why the Vita is still alive
2.) Sony gives no attention to actual interesting IPs that look like they could actually draw in an audience
and 3.) Sony at the end of the day is just focusing on games that will always look better on a PC and are now resorting to gimmicks instead of actually trying and creating an IP that people would want to buy instead of rehashed franchises/genres
>>
>>341964461
Ultimately the importance of good specs is really just that it draws in third parties. If it's weaker than the rest, then designing for it is basically chaining yourself to that single piece of hardware, and while that wasn't as much of a problem back in the old days, in this modern industry no one wants to make exclusives with the exception of first/second party devs and publishers who are kind of forced into it.

Handhelds are a totally different ball park. Nintendo's had that shit on lockdown and competition isn't strong enough to draw third parties away from Nintendo.

Also don't kid yourself, PS1 and PS2 were just fine compared to the rest, they certainly weren't Wii or Wii U levels of behind like you guys make it sound.
>>
Less graphics = more performance = more fun

What don't you people understand
>>
That does not mean the console is weak
It should be around neo standards
>>
>>341965006
Nobody wants low resolution and low fps, if you can't do 1080p 60fps with a new upcoming console you shot yourself in the foot.
>>
>>341964461
I get what you're saying, but the first two Playstations were not a full generation behind their competition. That's the sentiment that's being expressed.
>>
>>341951776
I am sorry Nintenbros... Stay strong
>>
About third parties, the neo and s is more restricted by hardware since they cannot have exclusives, thus developers have to take the base PS4 and Xbone into account

The samefag is so damn strong in this thread too
>>
>>341964912
>a controller that costs around half of what console's price is
You don't seriously believe this do you? It's some WiFi, a shitty battery, a standard definition screen, some gyros, and a plastic controller case. It doesn't cost them anywhere near half the BOM to make it.
>>
File: file.png (3 MB, 2400x1334) Image search: [Google]
file.png
3 MB, 2400x1334
>>341964931
It's kind of mindboggling how much Sony seems to ignore the Japanese developers. They declared the Vita a legacy console because it was irrelevant in the west, and they moved their PS headquarters to the US. Sony's biggest game to wave over the heads of others? A fucking licensed game.

People say this shit all the time about Microsoft/Xbox, but Sony was the one to champion western games above all else. For fuck's sake, even Microsoft shows more interest for the Japanese developers than Sony ever will, and Microsoft took a crack at the Japanese computer market at one time.
>>
I don't see a problem with this.
>>
>>341965339
There isn't a problem with it. Everyone just shits themselves whenever Nintendo open their mouths.
>>
>>341962638
He was also the uncle from Even Stevens.
>>
Its only going to be as strong as the Xbone.
>>
>>341963403
The other consoles have a lot less riding on Dark Souls and Elder Scrolls.
>>
>>341965332
the japanese even see the japanese game market as an inferior, dying industry.

the biggest japanese games I can think of are MGS5 and Dark Souls, both of which are games your average idiot would never guess are japanese. nintendo is ghibli in this situation.
The anime parallels are actually kinda frightening. shrinking audience and profits, having to double down on pandering and aesthetics and sell merch to survive, fighting for the fewer and fewer genres and themes they limit themselves to because theyre cheaper to make. but every once a cool experiment actually happens. usually these flop and encourage playing it safe though. lets hope games like nier automata dont flop.
>>
>>341965665
>the biggest japanese games I can think of are MGS5 and Dark Souls
>both of them multiplats

>lets hope games like nier automata dont flop
>exclusive on a single console
>by a manufacturer who stopped giving a shit about Japan

It's DoA.
>>
>>341960580
I agree with this. Everyone has made up their mind on current gen consoles. The NX needs a special "something" that differentiates itself. It has to be a gimmick that isn't waggle sticks or some giant controller with a screen.
>>
>irrelevant launch time
>shit specs
>probably another gimmick
>right after PS4.5 and XBOS
>launch title is WiiU's supposed launch title, cross-platform (with Cemu probably being able to run it right away)
>no 3rd parties
They don't learn.
>>
>>341960580
I'm still guessing that it will be some way to combine the handheld and home console elements of hardware. Nintendo recognizes that consoles are the weakest thing about them at the moment, and probably hopes to drive up interest in them by coupling them with their far more popular handhelds.

I could see them selling handhelds and consoles separately for standard prices and offering a bundle of both for a discounted price that's competitive with Sony or Microsoft's consoles.
>>
File: 1466039224599.png (598 KB, 537x486) Image search: [Google]
1466039224599.png
598 KB, 537x486
Why doesn't Nintendo just make a stupidly powerful console? Stronger or equal to neo and project scorpio?

like what the fuck stops them? they don't have the $ for it? why purposely make some shitty console?
>>
>>341966504
They think the gimmick fad hasn't ended and that they can play the special fart of sunshine route and underpower their console.
>>
File: 1465810485971.jpg (153 KB, 439x550) Image search: [Google]
1465810485971.jpg
153 KB, 439x550
>>341951776

>It's all about content
>2 WiiU games at the last e3 befor the NX launch, and 1 is Paper Mario bullshit

NX dead on arrival?
>>
>>341965332
>They declared the Vita a legacy console because it was irrelevant in the west
Wait, seriously?
>>
>>341966504
For starters, Nintendo hates selling stuff at a loss, which is what they would have to do if they hoped to get anyone to buy the thing. On top of that, the Wii basically convinced them that strong hardware isn't necessary to make money.

Hell, their guy in charge of hardware prioritizes shit like making sure the console uses as little electricity as possible to run. I doubt you could convince guys like that to make a 4K machine when they know most people don't even have 4K TVs.
>>
>>341964227
You 'avin a laff? You beh-uh take that shite back I swear on me mum
>>
>>341966712
It was declared a legacy console, and it is dead in the west. It's not bizarre to assume that this is the precise reason they axed it. Shame, since the PSV is pretty much perfection for a handheld, in design, ergonomics, and capabilities.
>>
>>341961386
Who knows?
What might have been, could have been, wasn't.
But what's important is was what happened.
And what happened is the Wii U was a colossal failure. Which annoys me because there are a few games I might have tried but the console never really had an official price drop and it's dying hardcore right now and buying one would be a huge mistake.
>>
>>341966947
Thus. Never bought one cause it had no games and i already had a 3ds, but it was perfection from the times ive tried it. Vita could have been the best handheld ever if it had more games.
>>
>>341960528
what about the handhelds tho they should be considered too.
>>
>>341966504
a nintendo console that costs a lot of money wont sell anymore. not ever again. even if it would, it costs nintendo more and is more of a hassle for them then it is for tech juggernauts like sony and microsoft.

nintendo needs to double down on games or gimmicks to succeed financially. theres not a chance nintendo will release just "a console+a controller with buttons". nintendo has completely removed themselves from regular gaming. theyre just nintendo gaming now. last time they made a cheap, powerful console full of interesting exclusives it bombed. theyre going to try and chase after the wii audience again. even if theyre fickle and braindead retarded theyre big big money. big enough for sony and microsoft to invest millions and millions to chase after the scraps with their own waggle. the wii offered something that never existed, was brilliantly advertised, and wasnt that expensive. that first part is the hard part. the corner nintendo kinda walked into themselves. the people nintendo want to bring in dont know what they want until you show it to them. theyre gambling for big bucks with one hand, and if all else fails they can milk the nintendo fetishists dry, especially now that they can sell DLC and nintendo fans actually dont have a problem with the next-level gluttony that is amiibos. I would be willing to wager that amiibos made more revenue then their actual first-party software titles for the wiiu. nintendo isnt "doomed" until for whatever these people that follow them anywhere run out of money.
>>
>>341961220
Yeah uh they have not made anything good since windwaker

I guess that is content
>>
>>341966947
I can understand why they did, yeah.
>>341967217
Damn right it would have been. But Sony is run by braindead monkies so it remains a niche handheld with a dedicated fanbase.

Little more advertising and a few more games good games was all that it needed
>>
>>341965006
Nah 2d nes gAmes are fun as fuck
>>
>>341967217
It had a few decent titles, what killed it was the fact that it was released at a time when Animal Crossing and Pokemon just came out, and destroyed everyone's hopes and dreams. Even though I prefer playing games on PC, considering how beefy the thing was, this would be great to be an actual 'portable console'. Display was fucking gorgeous, too.
>>
>>341967403
I'm not sure if just any good games would do it. Nintendo's handhelds are running with some really big guns. They've got Pokemon, they've got Yokai Watch, they've got Monster Hunter, they've got Animal Crossing. Sony needs something huge that really gets a lot of attention, and they just don't have it.
>>
Just give me a handheld that's regionless, 720p+ and more powerful than the Vita and I'll be happy.

It's a 5 year old console, you'd expect the performance of something around the same price to be around 4 times as much as the Vita so Nintendo could easily make a console twice as powerful whilst scrimping on the components like they always do.
>>
>>341967283
I thought the overall consensus now a day is that wiimote waggle shit was absolute fucking trash and people are glad to see it go? what the fuck more can they innovate for a new console that isn't just a controller with button? people don't want more wiimote waggle shit and even the gamepad screen has worn out it's welcome (for me anyway) fuck having to look down at the pad for stuff that could easily be up on the screen like every other game in existence does. What "gimmick" can the possibly do other than just make a damn good console and make games?

The only even remotely acceptable wiimote waggle nowadays is VR because at least your slapping your waifu's tits or some shit with them and Nintendo isn't going to make an animal crossing VR fucking simulator
>>
File: 1415386359778.jpg (5 KB, 213x144) Image search: [Google]
1415386359778.jpg
5 KB, 213x144
>>341951776
>Nintendo will never be on top again
>>
File: MQr4ec4h.jpg (49 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
MQr4ec4h.jpg
49 KB, 1024x576
What can you say about nintendo?
>>
>>341967341
Not even remotely true. But the same thing is happening with the NX as what happened with Windwaker.
>>
>>341967701
If they had pushed Gravity Rush, Soul Sacrifice, Freedom Wars, Wipeout 2048, Killzone Mercenary, and Assassin's Creed Liberation a little harder, it might not be the abandoned console it is today.
>>
>>341967217
Fucking Capcom should stop being such jews and just release their new MonHun on PSV. People will buy it for MH alone anyway. I don't even want the game, I just want to have the actually good handheld to be the most relevant one.
>>
>>341951776

Like i said Nintendo will sink until they get rid of Reggie and Shigeru. Playstation and Xbox are "Family" consoles. Nintendo is just limiting themselves to make the same shit over and over again that's why their main audience is children and autistic manchildren.
>>
SONY DID THE SAME THING

THEY SAID THE SAME EXACT THING

NOTHING WILL BE AS POWERFUL AS THE SCORPIO
>>
>>341967874
it wouldn't have changed anything. Vita was too expensive with its memory cards not being bundled with the system itself and foolishly trying the whole 3G bullshit. On top of that, since it was a higher-spec system it was harder to make games for. It was basically doomed from the start.
>>
>>341967980
A pc will be more powerful.
>>
>>341966504
Because even if they had the best console on the market they have an uphill battle to face on many fronts.
1. Third parties consider them an afterthought due to either being not strong enough or too strong, and they're not going to put all their resources to making the powerful console look the best when they can make it look just as good as the other console versions to cut costs due to parity.
2. Their online infrastructure is absolute shit and lags behind the competition immensely. The only thing you can commend them on is that their servers are stable. An example we have right now is if the NX doesn't have the following it's going to be at a huge disadvantage right out of the gate.
>Account system that has all downloads tied to the account rather than the console so you're forced to call up Nintendo to sort things out if anything happens to the console(and even then you can't get some stuff given back to you, I wasn't able to download the base version of Pokedex 3D after my 3DS died even after calling Nintendo to sort things out)
>Party system
>The ability to join a friend in a game they're playing, be it through a party or just in the game.
>The ability to take screenshots or save footage with the press of a button and then choose to save or share them.
>General integration with Twitter, Facebook, Netflix, and/or Skype to allow you to find real friends and do stuff without needing to download separate apps.
>The ability to just voice chat with people in general.
>An achievement system of some sort you can compare to friends.
3. They take the "aimed at children" thing very seriously and it ends up pushing adults from their system due to the stigma. You try convincing dudebros to get their next Call of Duty or Madden on a Nintendo system and make it their main source of entertainment. Just try it.
4. Nintendo needs to be on the third party's asses. They make one game, it's a mediocre "system seller", and then you never see anything that's not a port.
>>
>>341967750
>My post said that they need ANOTHER gimmick. Not the same gimmick. That's the corner they've backed themselves into. They have to come up with something that will strike lightning with snuggie-wearing selfie-stick wielding masses that the wii did. They had the gamecube, a high-spec cheap console with no gimmicks full of lots of exclusives and even multiplats too. Barely sold better than the wii u. Nintendo fans will be satisfied buying toys full of dlc and the latest in "were sorta trying, heres a new paper mario" shit. they need to get a fuckton of money again by trying to reinvent the wheel.
>>
>>341955287
I think I change between the two but the point still comes across either way.
>>
File: 1423708551662.jpg (84 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1423708551662.jpg
84 KB, 640x480
>>341951776
This makes me incredibly sad.
>>
>>341967980
Scorpio is supposed to be the same as that Elite controller. Some kind of spin-off.
>>
>>341968202
Right, and I'm asking what gimmick can possibly even come into existence? there IS a limit on this shit. The only clear "next step" that gaming is walking into is VR and obviously Nintendo's console isn't going to be some VR gimmick, so that's out. What the fuck more could they possibly gimmick? I literally can't think of anything.
>>
>people thinking nintendo is going to be the new sega

Sony is the one that will die first. Not saying it's dying soon, but they are going to be the first.

Screencap this shit.
>>
>>341952318
what the fuck is a teraflop anyway? I keep thinking the guy during the Microsoft confrence was trying to say terabyte instead
>>
>>341968048
I guess you're right.

At least it'll have third party support for a while.
>>
>>341968565
>what the fuck is a teraflop anyway?

The Wii U 1,000 times.
>>
>>341968565
You could have easily googled it yourself, but it is a unit of computing speed equal to one million million floating-point operations per second.
>>
>>341968338
yeah, thats why the wii u flopped. they decided to fully commit to "hey, aint this neat??!!!!" and sell fucking gangbusters on hardware alone, then they have to come up with a new idea.......

.....thats the hard part. they have people whose job it is to do this. last time they said tablet controller. didnt work. Im utterly dumbfounded and shocked they didnt say VR, but i suppose its smarter to wait on their part. thats a fuckton of money to put up, and youre directly competing with MS, SONY, etc. They dont like that. Especially since VR hasnt proved its longevity.

This is the same nintendo that thought a Vitality Sensor was a good idea. Theyve made this bed, and theyll lie in it. And diehard fans will have to settle for DLC figures for sticker star to help fund nintendos next brilliant innovation.
>>
>>341968201
Oh, and they have the "Prices don't drop for years outside of special reprints" problem as well. Unless a game absolutely bombs with Nintendo(Kirby's Epic Yarn, Metroid Other M, Codename STEAM) you're not going to see a single price drop outside of the occasional store-specific sale, a reprint(Those garbage Nintendo Selects boxes that are basically a giant middle finger to everyone who waited or Bayonetta 2's single disk reprint which now means the original costs $90), and some of the lesser known games that sort of did well and sort of didn't like Starfy and Rhythm Heaven.

It gets even worse on the digital front where you're seeing a maximum of $10 drops at most for games released 4+ years ago while third parties are all more than happy to go to bargain bin prices about a year or two years later.

Granted, you can say that this is just me bitching since people are more than happy enough to buy $60 games on other systems, but keep in mind they're doing that on games they can play for months on end, and the handful of $60 purchases they make are spread out over months. Now imagine having to stick Nintendo games onto these third party games as well, third party games that last them months mind you.
>>
File: 1465068176730.jpg (24 KB, 297x303) Image search: [Google]
1465068176730.jpg
24 KB, 297x303
>>341968741
S A V A G E
>>
File: 1458654279716.gif (2 MB, 200x172) Image search: [Google]
1458654279716.gif
2 MB, 200x172
>>341968741
>>
File: 1415804370728.jpg (71 KB, 540x405) Image search: [Google]
1415804370728.jpg
71 KB, 540x405
>>341968763
I just wanted to see what color answer i'd would get
>>341968741
>>
>>341968741
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZHvd0ks7Es
>>
File: superthumb.jpg (76 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
superthumb.jpg
76 KB, 300x250
i just want to play MonsterHunter with HD era graphic is that too much to ask?

IT'S 2016 AND THAT FUCKING THING STILL LOOK LIKE PS2 GAME ON WIIU. JESUS FUCKING CHRIST UPDATE YOUR HARDWARE.
>>
>>341969127
MHO
>>
>>341969127
>i just want to play MonsterHunter with HD era graphic is that too much to ask?

Monster hunter online bro.
enjoy your korean pay2play grindfest :^)
>>
>Probably 5 games which aren't total shit and no idea if they will appeal to me or not
>They will be years apart
>Still hiding content around amiibos
>Unable to use the console for anything else because the UI is slow as fuck
>Pretending better specs are just about much graphics and couldn't actually benefit gameplay

I don't understand why they say they appeal to 'gamers'. Do they realise how often people play games?
>>
File: h0qBy.jpg (404 KB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
h0qBy.jpg
404 KB, 5000x5000
>>341968741
DELETE THIS
>>
>>341965332
The world doesn't revolve around Japan, you know.
>>
>>341969127
Don't worry. Monster Hunter Generations is literally a farewell to the Nintendo entries of the series now that the exclusivity deal is done.

MonHon5 coming to PS4 soon :^)
>>
File: 1336027307471.png (207 KB, 355x362) Image search: [Google]
1336027307471.png
207 KB, 355x362
>>341968741
>>
>>341951776
After how sparse the Wii U's game releases were, you'd have to be really fucking retarded to be considering buying the NX within the first year or so of its life
>>
>>341967283
>a nintendo console that costs a lot of money wont sell anymore. not ever again. even if it would, it costs nintendo more and is more of a hassle for them then it is for tech juggernauts like sony and microsoft.

Nintendo should just give up on making consoles if they can't compete directly. They keep hoping they can win back a market that doesn't exist anymore.
>>
>>341967230
Why? They're not relevant to the discussion of home consoles.
>>
>>341969127
>complains about the graphics of a fucking handheld port
>>
File: mw6eo9tCnR1skgjsto7_1280.png (241 KB, 627x362) Image search: [Google]
mw6eo9tCnR1skgjsto7_1280.png
241 KB, 627x362
>>341968275
>tfw the Game Gear was more successful than the Wii U
>>
>>341969340
According to /v/, it does.

>>341969385
I doubt it will happen, but I wonder if the next MH will be a multiplatform title. Most Capcom games, unless funded to do otherwise, are multiplats regardless, so it'd be cool to see some crossplay.
>>
>>341968741
If you mean Wii U is a flop then the multiplier is a trillion times, not a thousand.
>>
>>341969503
This. At best Nintendo could hope for a slow burn, but the NX is going to be met with at least as much skepticism as the Wii U. And we have no idea what kind of third party support it's going to attract-- if Nintendo can't hit the reset button with third parties after the Wii U mess, it might have an even weaker launch lineup than the Wii U. The Wii U couldn't even get cross-gen multiplatform games after a year.
>>
>>341969689
Probably meant it as 1,000 GB = 1TB
>>
>nintendo had one game
>They won E3 with one game

feel's good man
>>
File: conk2.webm (2 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
conk2.webm
2 MB, 480x360
>>341964962
>implying the PS1 wasn't a generation behind the N64
>>
>>341969937
>they won E3
they did?
>>
>>341951776
>Not about specs

Oh for fuck's sake, it's already over.
>>
File: WiiU_screenshot_TV_019E5.jpg (420 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
WiiU_screenshot_TV_019E5.jpg
420 KB, 1280x720
>>341961226
Good. Then we can get rid of the casuals.

What you people dont understand is that Nintendo won. Video games are declining and Nintendo made enough money last gen to continue to experiment.

Nintendo forced out the Xbone and PS4 prematurely by releasing Wii U.

They forced out PS4K and Scorpio by announcing NX (unfinished system with zero fucking info).

They also have the handheld space and are now entering mobile, which for the past several years has been nothing but filler and microtransaction apps.

>>341962090
They branched out during the GC with mature games and barely anyone bought them. People are just too busy sucking Sony dick because the marketing is that good (40 million ps4s with no games to play).

Nintendo is an Amusement company. Something Sega used to be.
>>
>>341969951
eh that's not accurate
>>
>>341969980
they did
>>
File: Top 25 this gen.png (468 KB, 2342x1742) Image search: [Google]
Top 25 this gen.png
468 KB, 2342x1742
>>341958631
>Well how many 3DS's and amiibos were sold? Cause I think Nintendo gets some profit from those as well.
Don't forget the games, Nintendo makes a decent amount of money by just selling their own games.
>>
File: 1466197239137.jpg (761 KB, 1089x1634) Image search: [Google]
1466197239137.jpg
761 KB, 1089x1634
>>341970006
Exactly. If Nintendo is doing bad, it means EVERYONE is doing bad. Fuck this industry and bring on the new crash. Only Nintendo will survive, as it should be!
>>
>>341970535
i want those controllers.
>>
I just want Nintendo to go full time handheld.

They sucked dick after the Gamecube.
>>
I agree with him though.
>>
>>341960528
That chart really never worked since it cuts right through the fucking Wii sales, even if it is an outlier
>>
>>341970535
Profit wise everyone's not doing to hot
>Nintendo's profit keeps going down
>Sony's still in billions of debt
>Microsoft still hasn't made a profit on the Xbox
>>
>>341969127
Seriously, Monster hunter on a 240p makes me fucking sick. I know this is kind of ironic but it's fucking 2016 and we still have this shitty handheld.
>>
>muh blue ocean
>develops an amalgamation of everything wrong with AAA games as the game to move units of new console
UHHH NINTENDARDS?
>>
Traditional console with a good F-Zero, good Metroid, good Zelda and good Xenoblade game. That's all I want.
>>
>>341970801
>>That chart really never worked since it cuts right through the fucking Wii sales, even if it is an outlier

This is what we call "willfully missing the point." The whole point is to demonstrate that the Wii is an outlier. Aside from Nintendo basically bumbling into a happy accident for a single generation, they have shown a steady decline, and the Wii U was exactly on schedule even coming off of the Wii's massive financial success. The Wii did absolutely nothing to fix Nintendo's long term problem of losing more and more customers every generation. It was a temporary fix at best, as the red line shows.
>>
File: 45224582568.jpg (276 KB, 808x765) Image search: [Google]
45224582568.jpg
276 KB, 808x765
>>341971029
Sony brings in more money off of just the PSN service than Nintendo's entire video game operation.
>>
>>341971187
But it still doesn't fucking work because it ignores the Wii still made bank

Maybe if the Wii wasn't there it would make sense, but it is there

I think you're trying to read too much into this
>>
File: 1442667041285.png (814 KB, 604x717) Image search: [Google]
1442667041285.png
814 KB, 604x717
>>341970397
>Even the Vita outsold Pii Poo
>>
File: 1461744094976.jpg (16 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1461744094976.jpg
16 KB, 225x225
>>341971261
Okay. That's great. That still doesn't change they're still in billions of debt
>>
>make a powerful console without wigle wagle shit so that devs wouldnt be assblast restricted to laughable hardware and gimmicks
>Recieve major 3rd party support AND nintendo first party which looks and plays leauges above current mobile tier visuals and depth
It's not hard, you stupid dipshits.
>Muh amiibo
>Muh fun
>Muh gimmicks
>Muh autism
Nintendo is full JUST
>>
>>341971298
Yes it does work, because it's not about how much money Nintendo has in the piggy bank-- it's about how popular they are as a gaming platform long term. All of the success they enjoyed with the Wii was undone by the Wii U. The Wii is not relevant because it did not actually make Nintendo popular and relevant for the long term. It was just a fad that wore out its welcome as quickly as it arrived.

It's like a baseball pitcher who broke his arm. It doesn't matter if he pitched a great game right before breaking his arm, because he's still damaged goods and might very well be facing the end of his career.
>>
>>341971445
Sony is a conglomerate and they have many different operations, all with separate financial management from each other. The Playstation is one of their most profitable divisions right now and it's not going away.
>>
>>341969937
>Showed downgraded to oblivion metal link the phantom open world craze mess with borrowed staples of gorrilion games prior to it
>Won anything
Everyone were pretty shit, and nintendo was the worst. But nintendo sect will never admit it.
>>
>>341971586
>The Wii is not relevant because it did not actually make Nintendo popular and relevant

So we're attributing the failures of newer gen hardware to the generation before it.

Got that. So I guess it means the PS2 was a complete travesty because it didn't make the PS3 popular enough to stop Sony losing 3 billion dollars.
>>
>>341971586
You're trying to read into a shitpost image m8, do you really think they thought that far

It's still cutting through a huge success from them, it shouldn't be there to make a point
>>
>>341971689
Those other divisions aren't doing to hot either anon
>>
>>341951776
>There were people on /v/ arguing that the WiiU is next gen
>>
>>341971759
I'd argue the PS2 is the only reason the PS3 didn't flop even harder during its first years.
>>
File: free shrugs.jpg (103 KB, 500x715) Image search: [Google]
free shrugs.jpg
103 KB, 500x715
>>341955287

It's a regional accent m8. People from the south tend to slur their words in a bastardization of the old British accent, whereas people far to the west or up north pronounce things much more closely to how they're actually written.
>>
File: 1369305601967.jpg (42 KB, 285x279) Image search: [Google]
1369305601967.jpg
42 KB, 285x279
>>341954246
>serious gamers
>>
>>341971929
Here is your (You) because nobody is arguing that you turd.

The Wii U is a current gen system like Xbone, Xbone S, Ps4, and pS4k. The only next gen systems are Scorpio and NX.
>>
>>341971831
>Those other divisions aren't doing to hot either anon
>either

The gaming division has never been doing better. Stop acting like Sony's banking and insurance divisions mean jack shit to the Playstation.
>>
>>341969642

Gamegear was huge in the EU
>>
>>341966504

Their main demographic is low income families. Bringing up costs is bad.

Idk why other niggas typing out college reports and shit as a reply.
>>
>>341972476
I don't think you know how companies work anon
>>
>>341951776
I don't know why people do this to themselves every time Nintendo releases a new console. Every single time people hype it up to be the most powerful thing ever, and every time they're wrong because that's just not how Nintendo does things. They sell underpowered hardware at a lower price and they make money on every unit sold. It's how they've always done things, and there's no reason for that to change. Everyone who expected NX to be some kind of powerhouse was just hyping themselves up on baseless rumors.
>>
>>341971307
Wii U also outsold PS4 in Japan
>>
This is exactly what they said about the Wii U.

Remember when they wouldn't give out specs, and actively hid the console itself - in which they actually created a bunch of brand confusion leading the casual audience to think it was an add-on for the Wii?

This is the same marketing doublespeak reggie went with back in the day, it's the same one they're pulling now.

Shit is going to be underpowered. Underpowered console means no third party support. No third party support means way less games on the system, less games on the system means less reasons to buy it.

Add with the fact that it's almost certainly going to be overpriced, and have some other gimmick that makes it more of a headache to develop for than the other two systems (of which are just about to become more powerful to boot) and you have a colossal fucking mess on your hands.

It's the Wii U again, in every way. They just can't stop shooting themselves in the fucking foot.
>>
>>341951776
I've been saying from the beginning that the NX will be an overclocked Wii U. Glad to see I was right.
>>
File: 1459290570367.jpg (90 KB, 940x1310) Image search: [Google]
1459290570367.jpg
90 KB, 940x1310
I literally have never seen anything of interest with nintendo, and I honestly think all the high paid reviews and interest in the media they get is based off of the states' tie to the goddamn nes. Nintendo has always been irrelevant to me.
>>
File: nintendo generational gap.jpg (133 KB, 747x800) Image search: [Google]
nintendo generational gap.jpg
133 KB, 747x800
>>341971929
At best Wii U was a stopgap between generation 7 and 8. I know some people used to argue about whether or not the Dreamcast was a "true" generation 6 console, but the Wii U is just about academically not. It completely eschewed a lot of features that were standard even on Generation 7 consoles, and was no-where near powerful enough to run the same games as Xbox One and PS4.

There's also still rampant support for the PS3 and Xbox 360. They have more active software support right now than the Wii U. To the average customer, they didn't think the Wii U was a real next generation console because it didn't impress them any more than the 360 and PS3 which have been out for a decade.
>>
>>341972805
>(of which are just about to become more powerful to boot)
Can people stop trying to make the PS4 and X1 look like humongous upgrades? They're still going to play the same fucking games, I don't see it becoming another N3DS situation
>>
File: metroid doesn't sell.png (71 KB, 1504x816) Image search: [Google]
metroid doesn't sell.png
71 KB, 1504x816
>>341971175
metroid doesn't and never will sell. stop asking for it.
>>
>>341972447
How so?! Nx tech wise and release wise is mid classical gen. Scorpio and neo are the wiff of the future, were there is no gens, only pc like hardware upgrades, and it's great
>>
>>341973002
So in other words this whole fucking post was pointless

Or falseflagging bait
>>
File: 1464034873337.png (307 KB, 660x707) Image search: [Google]
1464034873337.png
307 KB, 660x707
Maybe it's just me, but I feel like there's something inherently wrong with a company that will cripple their product in order to not sell it at a loss. If they actually had faith in their software they wouldn't do this shit. It's extra fucked because it's probably gonna be $400 which would put it a $100 more than the Xbone Fatboy Slim and $50 more than the PS4. Say what you will about the Xbone and PS4 but at least they have a back log of cheap games you could probably pick up with the console
>>
>>341973210
Nintendo never got an Alien Soldier or a Golvelius or a Phantasy Star or a shining force or an Exile or a Rez or a Shenmue. They're irrelevant.
>>
>>341973337
>probably
>bases the entire post around it

Anon...
>>
>>341973426
Ah I see. One of the extinct Segafags

You guys are arguably more irrelevant than they are
>>
File: 1464547027526.jpg (50 KB, 550x413) Image search: [Google]
1464547027526.jpg
50 KB, 550x413
>>341951776
>it's not about the specs
Well I hope you have fun with another underpowered console with no third party support again, Nintendo
When will they ever learn?
>>
>>341966504
a small glimmer of hope that they might recapture the wii audience
>>
File: 1466235933177.webm (1 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1466235933177.webm
1 MB, 480x360
>>341973525
This whole thread is guesses and subjective shit. Why does that bother you
>>
>>341969385
>MH
>Ever leaving nintendo
MH is half the reason the 3ds still sells
>>
>>341969385
>exclusivity deal
Isn't this just a meme Sonyggers spread around in vain hope MonHun will come back to Playstation?
>>
>>341973686
Yeah, it absolutely blows my mind that no one at Nintendo realizes this.

A successful and healthy console needs good third party support. It is flat out impossible for the console manufacturer to adequately support its own hardware all on their own.

Nintendo isn't going to do another Wii again. The Wii was a once in a lifetime thing. The Wii U is just proof that Nintendo thought they could throw another idea at a board and they'd repeat their success. In a way it's not surprising, they had their work cut out for them after the Wii. How do you follow up that kind of success? It was a complicated issue because the Wii's success was largely because of the now infamous casual gamer and Nintendo infamously ignored their core fans during the height of the Wii's success.

But surely Nintendo had to have known that attachment rates were low from the casual gamer, and casual gamers had just flat out moved on to smart phones with no sign of coming back.

With all this in mind, the only possible way Nintendo can release a console that has good support from third parties is to compete with Sony and Microsoft with their hardware. There is no way to convince third party developers to spend the extra money to port their software to significantly different hardware.

And each time Nintendo has a massive screw up like the Wii U, they're losing relevance in the mind of consumers. They've definitely got money to last for years, but that mind share is not so easily gained back.
>>
>>341973105
Xbox one > Project scorpio is absolutely a huge upgrade.

PS4 to Rumored PS4 Neo is significantly less of an upgrade.

Regardless, it's an upgrade that is going to continue to dwarf the NX, considering those systems still struggle to hit 1080 60 (sometimes xbone can;'t even hit 900 30). It's a problem that is definitely going to be compounded as time goes on.
>>
>>341973132
I wish I could be this retarded sometimes.

>>341973426
Wow a genuine sega friend.
>>
>>341974241
>It's a problem that is definitely going to be compounded as time goes on
If they want them to play the same games it's not
>>
>>341974368
>If they want them to play the same games it's not

Both microsoft AND sony have said that if devs want to make games only for the new versions of the system, that it's up to them.

It's generally in a dev's best interest right now to make games for both systems but as time goes on and the new versions spread into the market, it'll become more enticing to focus on the newer systems. Which makes it much less likely for an NX port.

In a year or two we're looking at a situation where developers (who, remember, don't support Wii U already because making a fourth version of the game is too expensive) will be making builds of their games for; PS4 & Xbone, PS4K/Neo & Scorpio, AMD & NVidia optimizations for PC, and potentially ontop of that including VR support for Oculus, HTC Vive, and upcoming VR platforms.

Then nintendo is expecting them to also throw in with the NX. Which will have some obscure gimmick that'll require a bunch of dev time and R&D. Appears to be underpowered, rumored to be actually below the consoles devs are already struggling with, and ontop of all of this - nintendo kinda burned some bridges already, and have a shitty attitude re: third party.

It's a really bleak situation for the NX and I don't know how ninty can possibly turn this around.
>>
File: 1334980940701.jpg (79 KB, 1023x768) Image search: [Google]
1334980940701.jpg
79 KB, 1023x768
>>341960739
>>341967230
>>341970801

https://youtu.be/4Ubz1Nw6soU?t=387
>>
>>341974784
>Both microsoft AND sony have said that if devs want to make games only for the new versions of the system, that it's up to them
They have never said anything about any of the games being exclusive to the upgrades. They are still the same damn consoles

>and potentially ontop of that including VR support for Oculus, HTC Vive, and upcoming VR platforms

So they're going to drop the NX which is rumored to have a gimmick in favor of another gimmick. That makes sense
>>
>>341975061
>So they're going to drop the NX which is rumored to have a gimmick in favor of another gimmick. That makes sense

VR was featured on the front cover of time magazine and has a ton of press. Yes, it's totally a gimmick and a fad but one that's actually A) making money and B) has a lot of coverage.

The NX's rumored gimmick is controller with a touch screen on it. Writing's on the wall, my friend.
>>
>>341964227
They ADD Rs at the end of words like Pizza. You get stuff like Pizzer, Rebeccer and Vaniller.
>>
>>341975241
>VR was featured on the front cover of time magazine and has a ton of press. Yes, it's totally a gimmick and a fad but one that's actually A) making money and B) has a lot of coverage.
So it's another Wii. Gotcha.

>The NX's rumored gimmick is controller with a touch screen on it.
Which one? There's like 50
>>
>>341975352
>So it's another Wii. Gotcha.
Oh no. It's definitely not going to be as successful as the wii, but it's hot right now.
>>
>>341958192
YES ANON, SORRY ANON

THE NX WILL BE RELEASED TOMORROW, TITLED "THE NINTENDO SORRY ANON"
>>
/v/ - Business (when it comes to Nintendo)
>>
File: 1454756548537.jpg (9 KB, 200x170) Image search: [Google]
1454756548537.jpg
9 KB, 200x170
>>341966504
>>341966713
>>341967283
>>341968201
>>341972552
>>341973706
Well it basically sounds like making hardware is an awful, risky, expensive idea that limits your potential audience for your games tremendously.

Why bother when you could let sony & MS do the hard work and just release your games to a 15 times bigger audience, without having to spend a vast amount of resources on making hardware?
>>
>>341961226
So the wiiu is the outlier?
>>
>>341975998
>being so thirsty for games
lmao
>>
>tfw you wish people in this thread who sincerely think Nintendo existing is a blight on their personal lives woud get hit by cars
>>
>>341975934
Man up everyone has been shitting on Sony and Microsoft for years
>>
so we're all in agreement that the NX only needs to be slightly more powerful than the PS4 for potential 3rd party support, right?
>>
>>341976596
the NX will never be a 3rd party system.
>>
I don't get, if it isn't about the specs, then what is the point of making a new console if it's the same shit?
>>
>>341971771
>>341971759

Please take a statistics class
>>
File: 1452745801604.png (1 MB, 1600x901) Image search: [Google]
1452745801604.png
1 MB, 1600x901
>>341968741
That was just so perfect
>>
File: 1464662309192.png (387 KB, 485x620) Image search: [Google]
1464662309192.png
387 KB, 485x620
>>341955287
Dumb amerifat here
How do redcoats say our?
>>
>>341973686
>>341974238
Most of the PS4's library is on the PS3, which has radically different hardware, much weaker. Games get made for both consoles, even. And at the start? The Wii U got tons of 3rd party. I wonder what changed to make the 3rd parties change their minds.

There are many possible reasons, but I believe that there's one in particular - the Wii U wasn't selling well. 3rd party games already suffer from lower attach rates on Nintendo hardware, but they'd grit their teeth and muscle through it if it meant getting at a 40m+ playerbase, since even a 10% attach rate there becomes 4m+ sales.

But the Wii U wasn't selling well, and the dudebro-centric casual-pleasing PS4 was. The PS3 was in a similar situation, with a high playerbase and an audience ripe for some 3rd party. Honestly, which would you choose? The 30m+ PS4 and the 80m+ PS3 with your target demographic on both platforms or the ~8m Wii U with the Nintendo demographic?

That's the reason why the Wii U lost all of its 3rd party support. It's not JUST the hardware. If they thought they could make money porting games to a weaker console, they'd do it. The hardware has something to do with that, since weaker hardware means it's harder to sell using their marketing strategy, bullshots and hype. But, again, the PS3 was receiving those games. The sole defining factor behind the 3rd party drought was, very simply, that the Wii U was unpopular, and they didn't think that the audience would buy their games. Simple as that.
>>
>>341967515

Don't forget about the fucking proprietary memory cards either. I'm sure it alienated a lot of people since you had to spend an additional 20% of what you paid for the console to get a decent sized memory card, and it was already fairly expensive for a handheld anyway.
>>
>>341967834
Can you make me a sandwich?
>>
>>341951776
Better specs will allow for better quality content as it give you more tools. Just need the artists.
>>
>>341977328
>I wonder what changed to make the 3rd parties change their minds.
They realized that the Wii U's situation wasn't going to get any better and I hear that developing for Nintendo is usually a bitch because the way the Wii and Wii U were created doesn't make it friendly for developers to work on it
Low install base+ underpowered console that won't be able to handle most multiplats from the other 2 consoles+ unfriendly for development= why even bother?
Devs bothered for the Wii because it had the biggest install base, they even went out of their way to develop 2 different versions of the same game, one for the PS3/360 and another specially for the Wii because it was too big an audience to ignore
Now they don't have to bother because the Wii U doesn't have that advantage
tl;dr: there is no good reason to develop for the Wii U when developing for the PS4 and Xbone is more worthwhile in every way
>>
>>341977328
Two reasons why third parties changed their minds:

Wii U didn't sell
The few people who did buy a Wii U weren't interested in some mediocre ports and lacklustre games
>>
I don't really want the NX.

I don't know why anyone wants the NX.
>>
>>341969385

I know this is bait but it's worth pointing out that MH has always been more successful on handhelds and in Japan as a whole. Even if the exclusivity deal ended Capcom would have no reason to release Monhon on anything else exclusively because the install base of the 3DS is gigantic especially compared to Vita. That said, multiplatform releases would at least be nice to see but there's no reason to believe they would ever release them.
>>
>>341960739
>success
>people bought it for gimmick then shoved it in closet
lol ok.
>>
>>341979126
That's exactly what happened with Wii Sports and shit appealing to American mothers, and the basic average consumer.

I bought a Wii, I haven't touched it in 3+ years.
>>
File: 3pnhdz.jpg (46 KB, 434x522) Image search: [Google]
3pnhdz.jpg
46 KB, 434x522
>>341975998
well that worked out just fine with Wii U, oh wait :^)
>>
>>341951776
>all those fanboys literally defending this shit on the comments

What the actual fuck?
>>
>>341980581
No we don't false flagger.
>>
>>341980581
Nintendrones gotta Nintendrone
Are you really surprised?
>>
>>341951776
Jesus fucking christ, they could not have picked a worse time to pull the "we don't need a powerful console" crap.

You know what actually effects content, and is reliant on having good hardware? All this virtual reality crap people seem to be hyping.

Nintendo better pray that VR doesn't take off, because if it does and they have an Xbone-tier system, they are fucked.
>>
>>341980775
You cunt. Look at the fucking comments in the fucking video. It's literally visible.
>>
Welcome to nintendo you underages fuckers

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunpei_Yokoi#Lateral_Thinking_with_Withered_Technology
>>
>>341980785
Truly? I am. Is baffling.
>>
>>341980775
>admitting you're a fanboy
You know your problem, so why don't you fix it?
>>
>>341960580
>if people flock to it, third parties will follow
Yeah, just like the Wii.
Oh, wait.
>>
>>341980502
Still sold more than the Xbox one famalam
>>
>>341965332

I played metal gear on a msx one, god fucking damn it those buttons were loud.

>try to sneak
>TAKA TAKA TAKA TAKA TAKA
>>
>>341981741
dont know by how much but xbox is also one year later than wii u
>>
>>341951776
>It's a "fuck you consumers, take another overpriced Wii U" episode

Cool, now I can buy the new XBONE without regrets.

The Wii was a fucking mistake.
>>
>>341981741
...no it didn't? Xbox is like 10 mil ahead.
>>
It's a 'jump to conclusions without considering context or anything else' thread

I just want concrete NX news so this shitposting can stop
>>
File: 8ozG01O.gif (4 MB, 500x288) Image search: [Google]
8ozG01O.gif
4 MB, 500x288
I fucking love how oblivious you guys are. You are being played like a damn fiddle AGAIN mere days after E3 and you're still not making the connection. How thick can you people get?

The EXACT same thing happened with E3 2016. Nintendo keeps expectations low "yeah just Zelda guys no direct, tune in for some fun times". Everyone expects a blunder. And then BOOM they completely steal the show with 1 (one) game (lmao at that one)
Here, Reggie is toying with your expectations YET again. "It's not about specs guys, so don't expect too much power here". Everyone tunes in for the NX reveal, assured it will be the final nail in their coffin. And then BAM here is this game at launch and this and THIS game too! Next-gen graphics at silky-smooth 60 FPS with a new concept for non-hardcore gamers as well.

I'll be laughing my ass off later at the NX reveal. You guys are burning your hands at the stove and not even realising what is happening.
>>
>>341969385
Are you forgetting MH Stories?

Keep dreaming, lad :^)
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 60

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.