[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Zelda WiiU/BotW enemies can lose weapons and start throwing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: tNS1j[1].jpg (19 KB, 440x350) Image search: [Google]
tNS1j[1].jpg
19 KB, 440x350
>Zelda WiiU/BotW enemies can lose weapons and start throwing stones at you
>WOW GOAT

Why when Ape Escape did it way better on the PS2?
>>
Because you don't play a videogame just for one feature.
>>
>>341943045
Zelda BoW is essentially "mechanics that other games have been doing for over a decade" The Game. It's sad when Legend of Zelda is praised for catching up to the 21th century.
>>
HURRRRR
>>
File: Angelica.jpg (24 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Angelica.jpg
24 KB, 320x240
>>341943045
>Get hit with Monkey Net
>Teleported back to the hub
>>
Why shit on a game for including good mechanics?
>>
>>341943360
A game is only as good as it's shittiest gimmick.

>>341943419
Seriously, there's nothing revolutionary there(Cooking! You can wear armor like in every other game! Things can catch fire!) . Don't get the hype, desu.
>>
Because all of these mechanics are new to zelda and zelda fans are excited that they included new mechanics?

Naysayers will whine about fucking anything won't they?
>>
>>341944498
It's one thing to be excited, it's another to spam internet communities with "GAME OF THE DECADE" and shitting on other games that not only did it first, but better. Nintendo fanboys are a very loud, and obnoxious bunch.
>>
>>341944102
>gimmick
oh boy there's that word again. How many times are you gonna spam this in different threads? What would make it not a gimmick?
>>
>>341944943
Not me in the other threads but to answer your question, when people (and Nintendo) stop acting like a game mechanic from the PS2 era is something to be amazed about.
>>
>>341944715
>shitting on games
One post that actually reads seriously

ONE POST
>>
>>341943936
It already had lots of good mechanics going for it in previous entries. But with lots of flaws too. Nintendo just won't fix the flaws, they'd rather wrap them with different shit and throw them at you again and again.

For example I'd rather have a really engaging interesting subquest like Kafei's from MM (which also had this optional mini-dungeon with him that was intense as fuck) than 10 shitty "gather materials" quests from open world gimmick design.
>>
>>341943419
>>341944102
In the context of Zelda, it's great to have these mechanics. The hype is just that it's great that we're finally getting a Zelda game with deeper mechanics and modern design tropes. Just don't listen to fags on /v/ overhyping the game as having revolutionary AI or physics. Idiots, or likely false-flaggers, do not represent a whole group.
>>
>>341943045
I just wanted a new Ape Escape game, fampai...
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.