[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here is familiar with Age of Decadence and some builds
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: header.jpg?t=1454639780.jpg (51 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg?t=1454639780.jpg
51 KB, 460x215
Anyone here is familiar with Age of Decadence and some builds for it? I've been wanted to play the game but I am struggling with the character creation
>>
>>341942918
What kind of character do you want to play?
>>
>>341944136
I want to start with a base melee character who uses throwable and spears, and I tried one but it wasn't working well
I know that you are meant to only focus on either blocking or dodgin but is it the same with weapons? How many weapons can I focus on?
>>
>>341944136

A decadent one.
>>
>>341944532
In general, you should focus on a single weapon. Spears are pretty powerful in AoD, especially when used together with poison. With a dex build and a two-handed spear you can use the passive chance to interrupt people when they try to close in to poison them and keep them at a distance and easily handle lots of enemies at the same time. I have never played a block-based spear build before, so I can't recommend you anything.

In a two-handed spear build your spear skill is your primary defence, since you want the passive interrupt as high as possible. Dodge should be secondary and critical strike tertiary.

Which guild do you intend to join? The guards?
>>
>>341945406
Yeah the guards
What do I do regarding speech and crafting? Doing potions was pretty useful for me but I heard that you can do some sick shit with smithing
>>
>>341945406
I might add: even when using a two-handed spear build, occasionally you'll have to use one-handed spears too, e.g. at tight spaces or when confronted by strong archers (with a tower shield even with little block skill it can make a difference).
>>
>>341945525
Playing a 'smart' guard is probably the easiest when focussing on spears, since spears are quite forgiving when it comes to constitution and strength, so you have lots of points you can put in intelligence and thus more points to spend on social skills.

However, in order to make most of it, you'll have to know which quests to do in which order in order to maximise your experience gain and not get stuck, so for the first time playing it could end up a bit frustrating here and there and you may want to save often - especially before spending skill points. Depending on whether you want to play a hybrid build that also does some talking you may need to put a few points in persuasion, streetwise and trading, but I'd usually spend these when I needed them. There are lots of opportunities to make use of them but it depends on your build, e.g. most of all your intelligence and to some extent also on perception. I'd recommend to first find out more about the world with another character, e.g. a speechcraft focussed character who knows about lore, so that you know what you can do in theory, and later come back with a hybrid combat build.

For a pure combat build, I'd recommend to put one point in alchemy so you can craft healing potions and poison. When it comes to other skills it depends on your intelligence and how much points you have spare. Streetwise can help you (I think you need 3 to pass most checks in Teron, 4 for the harder ones). Crafting is always a good idea since you can forge some powerful weapons that can make fights much easier. Lore offers some interesting possibilities, but that may be something for some more hybrid type builds.
>>
>>341946395
Using the right weapon is also rather important. In the beginning you may want to use a weapon that adds to your chance to hit. Using the right attack on the right opponent is also important. With spears not so much since you can fight so well passively, using poison and evading the enemy, but with other weapons, making use of the right attacks in order to maximise your chance to hit and/or damage output is vital. Important is also to make use of the other items the game provides, such as bolas, nets, explosives, etc.
>>
>>341946395
>>341946978
Can I survive without smithing?
>>
File: smart_soldier.png (927 KB, 989x535) Image search: [Google]
smart_soldier.png
927 KB, 989x535
>>341947334
For a purely combat focussed character it should be easy to survive without crafting. For a hybrid character, crafting may be necessary to survive certain encounters since you're simply not good as fighting and need to make up for it somehow.

A good hybrid character might be something like this.

You'll have to rely on armour and can't entirely rely on dodging. Segmentata or lightened Praetorian armour would be favoured here. What I said before still applies. Spear is your primary skill. Dodging needs to be raised later to have a chance against archers and when enemies may get close. Critical strike being a tertiary combat skill (and used for certain checks). Lore and crafting are your primary social skills. Streetwise, Persuasion and trading are to be raised as needed to pass checks. Alchemy may be raised later too.

Keep in mind that this build can be a bit frustrating in the beginning, but you should be able to do a lot with it in terms of unlocking content (assuming you know how).
>>
>>341948291
Thanks anon, I will give it a try
>>
File: soldier.png (920 KB, 988x531) Image search: [Google]
soldier.png
920 KB, 988x531
>>341948291
For a combat focussed build, you could in theory go with the proposed build. Personally, I'm not sure whether the 5 CHA helps, so I'd be more inclined to drop it in favour of INT.

You could in theory also raise DEX higher, dropping some STR and/or CON in favour of using lighter armour and relying more on dodging. The game offers a lot of variety, so it's up to you to experiement.
>>
>make thread about relatively unknown game
>there just so happens to be an expert in said game ready to provide help
not OP but sometimes you guys are alright /v/
>>
>>341948501
As I said: playing a hybrid character is hard in AoD, if you don't yet know what you can do and where to gain experience, so it could be a frustrating experience if you go blindly into the game. Playing a non-combat character to find out about the world can be a more relaxing experience in comparison, so in case your character doesn't work out you may try a merchant next and come back to playing a fighter at a later stage. Or possibly play a purely combat focussed character.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.