[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does this game get any deeper than just shooting bugs to death?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: 61nyI1ojT+L.jpg (83 KB, 405x500) Image search: [Google]
61nyI1ojT+L.jpg
83 KB, 405x500
Does this game get any deeper than just shooting bugs to death?
I heard it had mechs and crazy customizability and whatnot. The various weapons are neat but so far this game just feels like a musou but with guns.
>>
Try playing on Inferno
>>
>>341935679
Won't I get completely shit on unless I pretty much have the best weapons there are?
>>
>>341934418
I will never not be mad that this isnt on Xbone.
>>
>>341935791
How far are you into the game anyway?
>>
Does this game get any deeper than just shooting demons to death?
I heard it had superpowers and crazy combat and whatnot. The various weapons are neat but so far this game just feels like a musou but with guns.
>>
>>341936038
Chapter 16 or so. The one with all the ranged Hectors on the beach.
>>
>>341936128
The game has like 100 missions, the early ones are relatively brain dead easy unless you're playing on at least Hardest
>>
File: snakesnake.jpg (94 KB, 640x909) Image search: [Google]
snakesnake.jpg
94 KB, 640x909
Does this game get any deeper than just shooting soldiers to death?
I heard it had cyborgs and tactical espionage action and whatnot. The various weapons are neat but so far this game just feels like a musou but with guns.
>>
>>341936381
Seriously, 100? Damn I thought it had like 20 or 25.
So do I ever get to pilot a mech or is it just the 4 classes until the end?
>>
>>341936719
Unless your rollin air raider don't count on any mecha
>>
>>341936994
I was thinking of trying them out actually. They're mostly for vehicles and stuff, right?
I've been playing wing diver pretty much the entire way so far.
>>
>>341936719
You have to play as air raider, and unlock that classes weapons, which is the only class that can drop vehicles.
>>
>>341936719
Air Raider is the class with the mechs. I don't remember if he starts with one, but it shouldn't take long to unlock a mech and you'll be able to use it with that class any time you want. Early mechs and vehicles are kinda shitty though, the higher level mechs that can only be unlocked by playing later missions and on higher difficulty levels have not only better weapons and armor, but also more maneuverability.
>>
>>341937106
Fencer is best class

Air raider second best imo but that's all taste. It's a support class mainly but limpet guns can fuck things up and the higher level vehicles are fun as shit and hit like monsters. Don't be discouraged by low level vehicle handling, it gets considerably better.
>>
>>341937378
I tried Fencer but they felt so damn slow, especially coming off of Wing Diver.
What's the trick for them?
>>
>>341936994
I'm pretty sure you get mechs in a few missions when you fight the Erginus, the godzilla looking dragons. And you dont need to be an air raider for those.
>>
>>341937505
I haven't played Fencer much, but I suggest using the jets to overcome the slowness.
>>
>>341937505
Get a reflector shield and a pile bunker. Dash reflect dash reflect for Sanic speeds. Later on you can use a javelin type weapon for even faster boosting. You can put wing divers speed to shame. No way to get around the sluggish aiming I'm afraid. The pile bunkers reach is WAY longer than it looks too
>>
>>341934418
This is the only game that made me wish I had a PS4
>>
>>341937627
Even then I couldn't get the hang of 'em. The weapons felt too slow as well. Felt like I wasn't hitting shit with the hammer.
>>341937684
The bunker is the weapon you start with, right? I've been doing alright with that. Usually my strategy is to empty out my gatling's ammo on a crowd and then run in to finish off stragglers with the bunker.
>>
>>341937857
Yeah. It's the starting one and the type is useful into endgame for sure.

I used to roll a reflector and pile bunker with one set and dual gatlings with the other. One set for mobility the other for pure dps
>>
>>341937505
Dash canceling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C7QND_tvN4
>>
>>341937983
Sometimes I'd use the detached scorpion tank turrets instead of gatlings, depending on the ranges I'd be fighting at. Gallic cannons or something?
>>
>>341938008
Damn, that IS fast.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.