[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the fuck is Nintendo the only one ignoring VR? I thought
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: htc_vive.jpg (475 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
htc_vive.jpg
475 KB, 1920x1080
Why the fuck is Nintendo the only one ignoring VR?

I thought they were all about gimmicks.
>>
their consoles will never have the specs to run VR
>>
>>341932771
They tried VR before in the past, and it blew up in their face. They're also coming off their 3D gimmick not helping 3DS.
>>
because even they see how much it will flop
>>
>>341933336
Virtual Boy was way before its time. Now they have the tech to make it work.
>>
>>341932771
Isn't HTC the acronym for gender swapping hormone therapy?
>>
>>341934263
And it would fail again, because VR is unappealing to the mass market. We have the tech to make 3D work too, yet that failed as well because consumers don't want it.
>>
>>341932771
Because VR isn't remotely mainstream yet
>>
>>341934682
>unappealing to the mass market

Because nogaems. Nintendo could fix that.
>>
>>341932771
they're still about couch gaming. strapping a headset onto yourself is like the exact opposite of couch gaming
>>
>>341934569
thats hrt, hormone replacement therapy
>>
because nintendo is about gameplay gimmicks not movie watching gimmicks
>>
I've got a Vive, it's simply not going to be the next big thing. It's fucking amazing, but there are big drawbacks.

One people don't want to be completely cut off from the rest of the world. Even I feel somewhat uncomfortable knowing people could just be watching me while in VR furiously masturbating (or acting like an idiot playing games, my fB feed is already filled with videos friends and their housemates in VR acting retarded)

Second it's just bulky and cumbersome , it's just a pain in the ass to get on. Like motion controls, cool to begin with then eventually you just want a controller and to be able to turn on your TV.

Last is price point, it's fucking crazy there are exclusive AAA games being made for VR IMO. it's such a fucking niche of a niche audience.
>>
>>341932771
>Why the fuck is Nintendo the only one ignoring VR?

Because every VR game plays like a Wii game with your eyes an inch from the tv
>>
>>341932771
They aren't

Why do you think the nx got pushed back?
>>
>>341932771
THEIR gimmicks, not someone else's.
>>
>>341932771
Because not even they are dumb enough to fall for the VR meme.
>>
>>341932771
Because they're always a generation behind.
>>
Microsoft doesn't have anything VR either. Just desperate half hearted partnerships with companies more forward thinking than they are.
>>
Because they wouldn't have any games.
>>
>>341932771
They only care about "social" gimmicks. VR isnt social at all.
>>
>>341937503
minecraft in VR
>>
>>341937503
Fucking Scorpio and Oculus, plus their holodeck shit.
>>
>>341937863
>>341937919
Like I said, half hearted partnerships

the oculus minecraft port is bad and makes people motion sick, the vive mod is much better
>>
>>341937919
We'll never hear much from Microsoft about Hololens. It's simply impossible to market a device that costs thousands of dollars to the average consumer.
>>
>>341938427
tiny FOV and high price means it's not a consumer relevant device. I don't know why they keep talking about it
>>
>>341937760
I JUST got done playing pool with my friend from across the globe with VR for 4 hours
>>
>>341932771

Because it isn't cheap. They're about CHEAP gimmicks. Their hardware can't run VR shit at all.
>>
File: 1459674431258.jpg (400 KB, 1620x599) Image search: [Google]
1459674431258.jpg
400 KB, 1620x599
>>341932771
>Why the fuck is Nintendo the only one ignoring VR?
Nobody gives a shit about VR. vive and oculus sales are dead in the water, PC adoption is nil. You're losing your shit over a literal meme, ya dip. Nintendo is doing the right thing.
>>
>>341938592
W O W factor
Like the Amazon Drone shit.

They're flexing their muscles.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.