[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
At what point do you think Zelda lost its way, and do you honestly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 113
File: 1434567254090.jpg (95 KB, 816x960) Image search: [Google]
1434567254090.jpg
95 KB, 816x960
At what point do you think Zelda lost its way, and do you honestly believe Breath of the Wild will be a return to greatness?
>>
>>341932659
After MM. Shiggy gave the series up after OoT because to him that was the apex, now finally they're changing things up in a major way instead of just adding gimmicks. OoT still is one of the greatest games out there, it doesn't need any more sequels in a design sense.
>>
>>341932659

The start of the cancer was LttP putting cracks on bombable walls. I like LttP but that was the first sign.

Fast Forward about 4 games and you have a series that tries to make sure you absolutely understand everything all the time.
>>
>>341932659
Wind Waker
And not really no. Looks good but its not innovating the gaming industry like it used to and simply playing catch up to the current trends like physics and open world (LoZ was never really open world like this game is)
>>
>>341932659
MM was retroactively the turning point if you look at the series as a whole with the only gap being Wind Waker. Other than that there's been something pretty wrong with each Zelda since, and unless BOTW is coming out in 2018 giving them two more years on top of the 3 they've already spent, it's doubtful that this Zelda game is going to be very good.

100% of the hype generated for the game so far as been from the Nintendo Treehouse stream and other over-the-shoulder camera captures of media press playing the game. When you actually get to see and listen to a Direct Feed capture, you can tell it isn't so hot and clearly still in a very early stage of development.
>>
>>341933172
bait
No indication to what walls to bomb is shit design
>b-b-but you can tell from the design of the room
That is retarded
>>
>>341933172
Cracks in walls made sense when bombs were sparse, and some cracks were false tells.

>>341932659
If you think about it, BotW is really just fleshing out ideas they had from long ago.
Everything "new" they're showing, is really something old, that they've then thought how to make more interesting/useful.
I think they're on their road to redemption with this on.
>>
File: Bullshit.png (373 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
Bullshit.png
373 KB, 800x800
>>
>>341934476
Aonuma has been making experimental Zelda games leading up to this one which is why they're so inconsistent. I guess he decided multiplayer didn't work nor the more wacky style of TFH.
>>
>>341934476
It's a spinoff title, you knew that already but you just like to complain.
>>
>>341932659
Aonuma isn't trying to make a 3D Zelda, he is trying to make a 3D Zelda 1.
Considering this is the same guy who thought Octorocks were too hard in Zelda 1 I have no faith BotW will live up to it
>>
>>341934476
How many times did they regurgitate the WW style anyway? WW signaled stagnation for sure.
>>
Everything from 2002 onward when they made the Toon Link design and used that for literally everything regardless of quality or how fun they were as games. Twilight Princess was a breath of fresh air in-between that hell until Skyward Sword came and shat on literally everything. My favorite game in like the last 15 years is A Link Between Worlds which was aping so hard on the old games I don't know if that's fair

Breath of the Wild has the possibility of being the best Zelda game by completely shitting on the standardized structure of get the 3 MacGuffins, Master Sword, filler, fight Ganon that the main games have been stuck with for years
>>
>>341935081
PH, ST, MC, TQ, FS, FSA
>>
File: Screenshot.png (1 MB, 950x650) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot.png
1 MB, 950x650
>>341935081
7 out of 19 in the whole series, relatively unchanged with the spiral buckle and everything. Only variant is yellow rims on Tri-Force Heroes' caps

Since its introduction though, it's been used in 7 out of 11 main-series games
>>
The series stumbled with Wind Waker, which had too few dungeons and felt unfinished.

Twilight Princess felt like treading water in a bad way. The game was just too derivative of Ocarina of Time.

Skyward Sword was a wreck.
>>
I don't think it lost its way, rather it seems like the series is getting progressively slower and much more emotional.

Either way, I'm excited for BotW.
>>
>>341935102
I think you're not analyzing the structure of games fairly enough to reduce it to that.

The problem with the past few zelda games has been stagnation in terms of design. Each game has had the Master Sword be the best weapon as well as the Hylian Shield be the best shield in some vain attempt of parroting Ocarina of Time in a retarded way, considering the Master Sword and Hylian Shield weren't the best in that game either - nor was the standard master sword and other shields in A Link to the Past before it.

Even A Link Between Worlds, your favorite probably for a reason you don't even understand, suffers from this - among other problems like no sense of progress when every item is available roughly from the start of the game instead of being treasures that required work to discover.

We have still seen very little of BOTW so who knows how important the Master Sword will be and if the Hylian Shield from OoT will once again be the best shield - but if the BOTW demo is in any way a reflection of finalized ideas for the final product, then it's more likely than not that the Hylian Shield meme will return since complex actions like reflecting a magical laser beam can be accomplished even with the shitty wooden pot lid shield through the new DarkSouls-esque shield parry.

I sincerely hope BOTW doesn't come out in 2017 cause it doesn't look ready at all.
>>
File: 1421177548510.jpg (70 KB, 600x370) Image search: [Google]
1421177548510.jpg
70 KB, 600x370
WW had a big empty world, killed Hyrule, the art style was just fucking unimaginative and ugly, too few dungeons, a story that was way too far up it's own ass and has hands down the worst group of fans in the entire franchise

TP should've been a return to grandeur but it was more like a kneejerk reaction to WW to just ape OOT, it did some things right but definitely could've been more
>>
>>341936174
The stagnation does hurt, and you did pin-point an issue I have with the game because finding the Hylian Shield in a fucking Lorulian dungeon made no sense at all

It comes from the last four major Zelda games being direct sequels (or in Skyward Sword's case, prequel) to Ocarina of Time in order to develop that lore that the chance of variety had been shat on ages ago. It's not as bad with Majora, which does explore new themes, but Wind Waker was really the start of all these issues which for the most part have been nonexistent in the handheld games

The Master Sword had gotten an origin story, and a sequel to the very first game it was ever introduced in. It's time to retire that shit. The Hylian Shield only made sense in Ocarina and Twilight Princess
>>
>>341936174
The Master Sword and Hylian Shield will likely be for beating the final boss, unbreakable and powerful but not the best weapon/shield in the game. Plot weapons basically. At least that's how most people would balance them.
>>
File: 1462325113987.png (164 KB, 453x477) Image search: [Google]
1462325113987.png
164 KB, 453x477
>A Link Between Worlds
>Rehash LTTP
>Hyrule - Lorule
>Zelda - Hilda
>Triforce - Upsidedownforce
>>
File: 1463637343781.png (515 KB, 620x451) Image search: [Google]
1463637343781.png
515 KB, 620x451
>>341937042
Its kind of shame they gave zero fucks about the story with that game, the art looks really good from a style standpoint.
>>
>>341937042
>Rehash LTTP
that's literally every game made after ALttP
BotW is the first 3D Zelda to not be ALttP rehashed
>>
They had to reinvent the series as open world trash. That's how bad Aonuma screwed this series up for years.

Thank fucking god Monolithsoft (100 employees apparently) are basically turning this into Legend of Zelda: Xenoblade Chronicles X edition or he'd have fucked this up too. Now where's my flying mech?
>>
File: Glide.webm (3 MB, 1300x720) Image search: [Google]
Glide.webm
3 MB, 1300x720
>>341937530
>Now where's my flying mech?
The gliding looks copy pasted from mech freefalling in X.
>>
>>341937224
It's because it evokes the classic, brown sleeves style which had been dead since 2001 when Aonuma took over and made everything either a shitty Toon or animesque twink style with hardly an in-between in fact, a good chunk of NPCs in TP or SS look like they belong in a Toon game

The reason they didn't give a shit about story is because it's a handheld game and nobody puts effort in those anymore. It does have some of my favorite characters though, even if some are straight expies of older characters

>>341937530
It's a shame. My friend says this is the first Zelda game he's intrigued with and the nigger doesn't even play Zelda
>>
New villains please
>>
>>341940457
what if there'll be a collection of villains from older games?
Boss fight with Majora for example.
Or a return of Vaati.
>>
>>341940741
I'll take anything but Ganon or Ganon related enemies.
>>
>>341940985
How does it feel like to be a faggot?
>>
>>341940985

I just want to see Lynels finally be in a 3D Zelda.

Now that they have enemies that don't fuck around maybe this is finally their chance.
>>
>>341941040
How does it feel to want Ganon's dick on every game?
>>
File: it's aonuma style.png (441 KB, 882x728) Image search: [Google]
it's aonuma style.png
441 KB, 882x728
>>341935081
>>341935772
>>
lost its way after ocarina of time
>>
>>341942075
What movie did he mean?
>>
>>341942525
Spaceworld 2000: the Link and Ganondorf have a swordfight tech demo.
>>
>>341942656
what an asshole
>>
>>341933558
>b-b-but you can tell from the design of the room

But you can, AND the game allows you to test for bombability by listening to the sound you sword makes when you hit a wall, which is better.

LttP introduced a whole load of casual shit.

- Marking dungeon entrances on your map
- Cutting grass for consumables
>>
>>341942719
And guess who made that?
>>
>>341936815
Couldn't you even beat OoT without ever getting the Hylian Shield?
>>
>>341932659
After twilight princess when they started relying on that gimmicky motion control shit and putting post windwaker games on the ds with horrible graphics and using the stylus crap to move instead of the control pad.
>>
>>341932659
SS was the only major fuckup. BotW will rectify it.
>>
>>341942075
Does anyone here actually fully grasp the hypocrisy of this image?
>>
>>341942996
Conveniences ≠ Casualization that plays the game for you

You, among many other people on this board seem to throw around this word as if it actually means anything in the long run when in reality it's just trial-and-error or memorization. There is nothing difficult about bombing a specific wall to continue progress, it's just grinding and tedious checking of specific areas to continue on with the game is a time sink that a lot of people won't consider fun. Even some niche players who enjoy this will complain when the RNG drops refuse to give bombs, making it impossible to continue. That situation can still happen in Zeldas that came afterward

Zelda 1 is a flawed game with limited controls and lack of direction, but otherwise revolutionary due to popularizing the top-down action/adventure genre and inspiring many developers to ape its direction. It will still be more fondly remembered than something like Skyward Sword was, but it's archaic faults are due to lack of foresight and system limitations rather than genuine issues that bog down the experience

ALttP is still harder than Ocarina or games that have come afterward due to enemies actually harming you for more than half a heart of damage, especially from Dark World onward. This comes from somebody who considers it one of their favorite games of all time because of its structure and how much it has done for the Zelda series and games in general
>>
File: wild man.png (218 KB, 448x363) Image search: [Google]
wild man.png
218 KB, 448x363
Zelda never really had a way to begin with. But the games were a very mixed bag of quality after Majora's Mask. ( I only say MM instead of WW because handhelds count, and Oracle of Ages was a mistake )

I think Breath of the Wild will be a great return to exploration and combat based gameplay. And it may actually make puzzles good for once, what with there being multiple solutions to some of them.
>>
Because there are such a variety of art styles and gameplay gimmicks in the series, there is no real true way to do Zelda. So I don't think it ever lost its way, though I do prefer some entries over others (see: Skyward Sword was pretty lukewarm). I'm excited for BotW since it seems to have an increased emphasis on exploration which appeals to me.
>>
File: tired of bullshit.png (66 KB, 203x208) Image search: [Google]
tired of bullshit.png
66 KB, 203x208
>>341932659
The second gimmicks became majorly involved they stopped pushing adventure games forward and relied on them as a design crutch.

When the Zelda team is pushed to take the most out of the hardware and to push Zelda and adventure games forward with new ideas is when they make the best games in the series.

The problem with this is though, is that gaming has become very large so whenever they try to push things forward, it becomes a case of "X DID IT" rather than them buckling down and creating the best damn game they can. This is probably why they fell back on gimmicks to help them along so the games stand out. Sadly it just made them shallow experiences.
>>
>>341944048
>Oracle of Ages

You're going to piss somebody off with that one

All of the GB Zeldas were mistakes. The thing did not have enough buttons to make that type of gameplay enjoyable
>>
>>341944241
I love the graphics on an aesthetic level, but the games were really limited in what they were capable of. The only one I've really had fun with was Oracle of Seasons

If there were remakes with more than two buttons they would be some of the best hands down
>>
>>341942719
>Potatodorf looked good

MM alreadt recycled most of OoT's assets. We didn't need to do it again.
>>
>>341944241
Fuck you too, I enjoyed Link's Awakening DX
>>
>>341942996
Cutting grass isn't inherently evil, though. It was something to help make the world seem more alive: now Link could cut grass, bushes, lift up rocks, grab signs and break them... it was new and helped make the world feel more interactive.

The problem was when it all made the jump to 3D, and doing ANYTHING had to reward the player. Grass couldn't be everywhere, so it got clumps that would ALWAYS drop Rupees/Bombs/Arrows/Hearts for the player's conveinance. Boss rooms would have pots and grass in them so you could restock if things were going badly. A fairy in a pot was always before every boss. Bombs literally grew from the ground.
>>
File: shadow temple.jpg (45 KB, 620x398) Image search: [Google]
shadow temple.jpg
45 KB, 620x398
>>341932659
TP was the last good Zelda game (and it wasn't even that good, although Zelda was a qt), I'm not very excited for BotW but we'll see how it turns out.

Speaking of Zelda, what the fuck were these paintings all over the Shadow Temple actually of?
>>
>>341945091
Just creepy faces.
>>
>>341945091
The thing about Ocarina and Majora is that they were intentionally designed with mysteries and concepts that'll never be answered because it makes the game stick to you more and makes the world feel more real as a result, because there's just a lot of stuff that'll always linger and remain

It's something a lot of the newer Zelda games don't have
>>
File: Snowpeak_Ruins.jpg (254 KB, 560x380) Image search: [Google]
Snowpeak_Ruins.jpg
254 KB, 560x380
>>341946035
Do mean like "structures with ambiguous purposes and themes"?

Though, it is interesting to note that all the more memorable dungeons of OOT clearly aren't temples. Like the Forest and Shadow temples.
>>
>>341946954
>Though, it is interesting to note that all the more memorable dungeons of OOT clearly aren't temples. Like the Forest and Shadow temples.
I wish more Zelda games did this. Skyward Sword did it, so that's something that I really liked. I wish Nintendo would play more with dungeon-types and such.

I'm willing to bet that's what they're going to do for BotW's main dungeons.
>>
File: 123450654u96-435.png (279 KB, 577x599) Image search: [Google]
123450654u96-435.png
279 KB, 577x599
>>341932659
It lost it's way when Aonuma took over, and the last truly good game with soul and passion put into it was Wind Waker. I think it's become apparent now that Koizumi was largely the heart of the series and its narrative and atmosphere, especially with the N64 Zeldas, when he had the most creative control.

As for Breath of The Wild - after reading several interviews, I have a suspicious feeling that this game would've been an absolute disaster if Aonuma and co. didn't ask for Monolith's help. That it would've been another Skyward Sword, effectively destroying the series. It's kind of sad watching Aonuma. You can sense that he really wants please the fans but he just doesn't have a good sense of game design or a bone of talent in his body.

On the other hand, the game looks like it'll shine in its interactivity. The amount of content you'll be be able to do and the choices you'll be able to make in order to tackle it looks astounding. Free climbing looks fun. Surfing on your shield looks fun. Playing soccer with a stalchild's head looks fun. Becoming an arsonist looks fun. That and from what I've seen and heard so far, this game might actually even be a little difficult. Hearing that enemies can one-shot you in the tutorial section is an amazing relief and a breath of fresh air.

But from a visual perspective, it looks extremely unpolished and dated; a good 7-8 years behind in that regard. And I fear this is what will cause the game to fall apart and prevent it from being something truly great. Animations are absolutely archaic - either to stiff or floaty - which could hurt the combat. Art direction and enemy designs still look rough and inconsistent. I'm getting Skyward Sword vibes from the music (aka doesn't fit Zelda at all,) and I fear the story will be too lighthearted once again.

7/10 in hype factor so far. I don't think it'll be the greatest Zelda since the N64 titles, but it'll be up there with TP and SS in terms of quality.
>>
>>341947374
>up there with TP and WW int terms of quality

Whoops. My bad. Typo.
>>
>>341947374
>and I fear the story will be too lighthearted once again.

Where do you get that? Hyrule is devastated. There are no people left. I think it's going to be one of the darkest.
>>
>>341947582
There are people though, they just weren;t in the E3 demo because you start on some untouched plateau.

And like every Zelda besides the beginning of Ocarina starts with Hyrule in decline. Even Twilight Princess is inexplicably in ruins despite it being an extended era of peace.
>>
File: 1435704933993.png (232 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1435704933993.png
232 KB, 640x360
>>341947582
>That moment it's a shitty interquel between Wind Waker and Ocarina of Time
>Link will lose, meaning no matter what you do your actions don't matter
>This is why there's Koroks and awkward-looking shading, signifying the transition between Realistic and Toon style
>Also why the Master Sword is rusted, it needs to slumber
>Basically this game will be the biggest waste of time since Phantom Pain
>>
>>341932659
Zelda has been consistently pretty good. The masterpieces were OOT and MM, as far as the 3d ones go, and my favorite overall too. WW was a little too short, a little too easy, and there was too much space for the sailing. Oh, and the triforce shards was retarded. Other than that pretty good. TP had the wolf shit which made no sense, the art style was a little lifeless, and it was also a little too easy. But it had awesome dungeons, and the bosses would've been amazing if they were just a little harder. SS had the long intro, but honestly I loved the precision sword combat, I thought the dungeons were all solid... For me it was the best Zelda since MM. Not as good, but still really fun and charming. Maybe I need to play it again, but I didn't hate it at all.

I think the real problem with Zelda is just backlash. Any time anything gets too popular for its own good people start questioning whether they like it for its quality or just a bandwagon effect. Not to mention, we aren't kids anymore, so we'll never enjoy anything quite like we did when we were 10 or whatever. Idk, I think the series has been more spotty since MM for sure, but none of them were really bad.
>>
File: 1380845403289.jpg (729 KB, 1312x974) Image search: [Google]
1380845403289.jpg
729 KB, 1312x974
>>341947582
I don't know. Perhaps I just don't trust how Nintendo's been handling so many of their IPs in general. They're really dumbing down everything to be child-friendly now - forget about the series being for "everyone" anymore, even though the majority of its fans are in the 18-35 bracket range.

But from what I've seen so far, the game doesn't feel like its drenching in atmosphere, at least in the overworld. And if there isn't a sense of urgency or danger - or a serious tonal shift in the game where shit gets real and we can SEE destruction happening within the world and affecting the NPCs - then it won't matter. I didn't feel like a hero in TP or SS because of it. All of the NPCs were oblivious to the danger looming around them. It was excusable in WW, because the them of that game was all about a new world being oblivious of its past and trying to move away from it - but that needs to end.

We need a foreboding feeling like we did in MM, or a sense that things have gone to hell, like OoT post the 7-year crisis. More shit like the Shadow Temple and the forest temple, the wistful bittersweet feelings of sadness, like the endings to LA or WW. I don't feel that in Zelda games within the last 10-11 years, because it isn't there anymore.

Maybe this game will capture the same dark and surreal tones of Wind Waker (which as I've already stated, felt like the last true Zelda game with a sense of soul put into it.) But I doubt it. I just have this feeling they'll fail in this department because they were too concerned about the gameplay and the mechanics when tone, narrative, immersion and atmosphere is just as important in open-world titles.
>>
I don't think there are any bad Zelda games. I just really enjoy them.
>>
>>341947374
I think in terms of Zelda losing its way, it was more of a gradual thing. Aonuma's partially to blame but it's not like he's the only one.

People loved OoT so much and responded so positively to its greater focus on story that the Zelda team naturally kind of felt like they needed to supply that demand and make more story-focused Zelda games with linear structures.

Problem is, that sort of design is utterly suffocating. Do we really need to have so much fluff between dungeons? Do I really need to be stopped by Fi every 20 seconds or so?

They kind of got full of themselves and got stubborn with Zelda game design. They felt like a Zelda game NEEDED to have a huge focus on story told in a non-interactive fashion, they felt like they needed to be easy, that you needed to be guided constantly, less you deviate from the path they chose for you to proceed or things were too difficult for the player, they felt like you NEEDED to go through 7-8 dungeons, three in the beginning, then 4-5 later on, where you might find an item, which might be used in the dungeon you found it in, then nowhere else, and so on.

BotW is them (especially Aonuma probably) looking at the way they've been designing Zelda games for years and thinking, "Wait a minute. Maybe that's not entirely right," and making a Zelda game that responds to some well-found criticism. You saw a bit of this in SS already, but that game had the reception that it did for a reason (though honestly I really enjoyed it anyway). This is them going the full route of actually revitalizing the series with a new formula.
>>
>>341949170
Not gonna happen without Koizumi

Also Wind Waker was the first to ditch a lot of those aspects you like. The issue being it was rushed so the game feels shorter and less connected in the long run. I still find it sad how the game that had only less than a year of development felt less rushed than Wind Waker
>>
>>341949529
>I still find it sad how the game that had only less than a year of development felt less rushed than Wind Waker
which game?
>>
>>341945091
Probably some Sheikah death god, or a variant of Dead Hand.
>>
>>341949746
I think he's talking about MM.

Thing about MM is, it's made almost entirely from reused assets from OoT iirc. With that in mind, it's not that much of a stretch that the Zelda team could make a new one in less than a year.
>>
File: download.jpg (12 KB, 295x171) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
12 KB, 295x171
>What I Played as a Child: The Thread

The series has been poor/mediocre with every iteration since the original Legend of Zelda. II was fundamentally broken and underdeveloped, and ALttP was a casual snoozefest.

You children really need to step outside your nostalgia bubble for a minute and look at Zelda from the perspective of other games, especially action RPG's.
>>
>>341949746
He's referring to Majora's Mask ("Ok, you guys make a new Zelda in a year. Or else.") feeling less rushed than Wind Waker.
>>
File: pepe eye infection.jpg (61 KB, 250x238) Image search: [Google]
pepe eye infection.jpg
61 KB, 250x238
>>341949170
You're one of those WW fags who screech that WW is the greatest work of fiction ever made aren't you
>>
>>341933172
That article sucked and you know it.
>>
>>341949529
It's just apparent that Aonuma shouldn't be a game developer. He can't manage projects or their dev times worth a shit. Even Miyamoto had to force Koizumi to cancel his project in order to help Aonuma sort out MM within a year, and it was a mess when he arrived.

Even as a producer he isn't doing his job, because the dev cycles are starting to get fucking ridiculous now. There's no excuse for dated and padded shit like SS having the 5-year dev cycle that it did.

And I don't trust Fujibayashi either. He was the director of Skyward Sword, and it was legitmately awful.

Nintendo really only has once chance left with this series, and this is it. If it's another colossal failure like Skyward Sword, then their best bet to save the franchise at that point would be transferring it over to a second or even third-party studio. Nobody would trust a Nintendo EAD-developed Zelda title ever again.
>>
>>341949964
what age did you play the original LoZ, anon?
>>
>>341937687
Is that oblivia?
>>
>>341949964
Here's your (you)
>>
>>341950092
Fujibayashi is fucking weird. He's the only director I've seen get worse with each product he makes (Oracles, Four Swords series, Phantom Hourglass, Skyward Sword). That enigma 'inspired by Zelda 1' seemed to work better with Capcom than Nintendo

As for Aonuma, you might be right with this being his last chance. But I have a feeling it's going to be like Twilight Princess and be barely passable compared to the previous, colossal failure that was released before. Mostly thanks to playing it safe by making it a multiplat
>>
File: 1460058375884.jpg (79 KB, 461x462) Image search: [Google]
1460058375884.jpg
79 KB, 461x462
>>341949964
I do. The Witcher and Fromsoft's Soulsborne games have essentially become my go-to replacements for Zelda at large. Though I still tune into the console Zeldas on occasion, hoping that just maybe, Nintendo will finally get it right.

I don't think it's all rose-tinted nostalgia glasses, though. It's clear that the franchise is resting on its laurels and account of the fact it no longer really pushes industry standards like it used to (though that can also be accountable for Nintendo dogshit hardware decisions at large) and it's sales not being what they used to be, with TP being the once exception because it actually did look like they were going to deliver and listen to their fans back then. Of course, until the game actually game out...

>>341950030
Actually, no. Or else I wouldn't have said that WW was the turning point of the series, when things started to fall apart. Then TP was the last decent game from a mechanical and visual perspective. Not good, but alright. Then SS happened and that was a disaster on nearly all accounts.

I'm more of an N64 Zeldafag with some ALtTP thrown on the side. Sorry if my negative opinion bothers you anon, but that's how I've felt about the series for a while now.
>>
>>341947374
>It's kind of sad watching Aonuma. You can sense that he really wants please the fans but he just doesn't have a good sense of game design or a bone of talent in his body.
Anon sometimes you need to step back and wonder if you're writing a narrative and fitting people into roles you made for them because your peers want it to be true. This scapegoating bullshit is never true, video games, especially big ones like Zelda, are a conglomerate of a lot of people contributing a lot of things. I know you like Koizumi, but he wasn't responsible for everything you liked as a ten year old, and I know you don't like Zelda as much as you did then, but that doesn't mean Anouma couldn't have had anything to do with the games you did like.
>>
>>341950527
>As for Aonuma, you might be right with this being his last chance. But I have a feeling it's going to be like Twilight Princess and be barely passable compared to the previous, colossal failure that was released before. Mostly thanks to playing it safe by making it a multiplat
Everything about this is wrong.

Everything.
>>
>>341950854
Fun mechanically but I think the catch will be that it only has three dungeons and the plot is literally just going to be kill Gnaon with Zelda being the seal that's keeping him in the castle (Because Fujibayashi has some weird obsession with Zelda being inaminate for some reason)
>>
>>341950832
But it's clear that Anouma simply doesn't value what the fans value. He has to be told that linearity is a negative, and then whenever he realizes that people don't like something he's done he goes to the opposite extreme and shows he doesn't intuitively get what people liked about the older games in the first place.
>>
>>341951146
Source: My ass
>>
>>341950832
All I know is that Zelda has gotten worse under his control. Nothing has drastically improved overall. Everything has just gotten progressively worse. Difficulty became easier. Tutorials became longer. Atmosphere started to die down. Dark tones started to die off. Handholding became more prominent. Padding and collectathons became more prominent. It didn't feel like it was evolving either. Though I will admit that BotW is the first Zelda game I've truly been hyped for since TP's 2004 debut. At least they're finally breaking conventions. We'll see.

But keep in mind that 14 years is more than enough time to judge if a said game developer, director, producer, what have you - is shit.
>>
File: awake_and_alive__large.jpg (81 KB, 792x425) Image search: [Google]
awake_and_alive__large.jpg
81 KB, 792x425
Someone requested a longer version of this video on the comfy thread. Might as well post it here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOKAh6Rqxo8
>>
>>341943395
Bitch please you can beat the game only picking up the master sword Ganon is scripted to knock out of your hand.
That you don't have.
>>
>>341951356
I liked the MGS5 variation more. Assuming you did that one, that is.
>>
>>341951334
Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword were practically drowning in atmosphere, it's almost an overdose and gets too much focus. Their problems weren't from having enough heart or from everybody at EAD suddenly losing all talent they had.
>>
>>341951356
Nice editing skills.
>>
>>341951212
Yeah because the devs went out of their way to not show any real dungeon footage where if they had a fuckload like they did shrines they'd have no issue with it.
>>
>>341951607
>Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword were practically drowning in atmosphere

Maybe I'm just jaded and older now, but I didn't feel it from either. Especially not SS.

and I forgot to mention pacing. Pacing fucked up SS and TP, big time. Maybe that has something do with it.
>>
>>341951869
Because he was so obsessed with telling the story that it became a little obnoxious. I didn't really care for the Triforce cutscenes in OoT either.
>>
>>341951607
TP had an interesting premise but none of it really made sense. Like Link being a wolf in the Twilight when Zelda could survive in it, a veil of darkness that "normal" people can't even see and the second half of the game where the resistance don;t even know what the fuck they're fighting against...just that Hyrule is too lazy from being Peaceful that 10 bokoblins can hold the entire Kingdom hostage.

I liked the artstyle though. Character design not so much.
>>
>>341951856
This was the same argument people made for NPCs and towns not existing in the game. It's just as dumb and pointlessly paranoid.
>>
>>341952306
They don't. If it isn't shown in the demo it is reasonable to extrapolate that it doesn't exist in the game.
>>
>>341932659
>No white mane
One job!
>>
>>341952592
Going to have to agree with this.
Nintendo's never had a problem showing off dungeons at previous E3s. In fact I would go as far to say it was a staple for such presentations back then.
>>
>>341952592
It's reasonable to assume that a Zelda game will not have Zelda in it, or that it will not have dungeons? No. That's stupidly assuming the worst just because you want to bitch. They played through the opening area and a couple shrines. They didn't show off any story, or most of the items, or most of the areas, or the dungeons, or most of the bosses. They presented a big open area with some heavy focus on interaction with the envrionment. The dungeons simply weren't the selling point at E3, because there was something else to show.
>>
>>341944048
This image makes me think of this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T9mwEV0WWg
Plus some of the lyrics remind me of Chika
>>
As someone that only beat OOT, ALTTP and The Legend of Zelda what are the true best Zelda games I should play and which to avoid?
>>
File: Zelda2_Prologue_IntroText[1].png (10 KB, 256x321) Image search: [Google]
Zelda2_Prologue_IntroText[1].png
10 KB, 256x321
>>341953328
You gotta play Zelda 2, anon.

It's his most adventuresome quest yet.
>>
>>341953328
In all seriousness, you should check them all out. They all have fans, and there's no reason you should assume you'll dislike any of them.
>>
>>341936174
Apparently they deliberately refused to put a green tunic anywhere near the start of BOTW because people would use nothing but that once they got it. Hopefully they're aware of the same being true of the Master Sword and the Hylian Shield too.
>>
>>341952823
Story spoiler reasons as Aonuma mentioned in some interview, that's why there are no towns or NPCs in the demo.
>>
>>341934476
I liked how the retro titles started off as generic hero adventures about Link defeating evil and the like, but then the sequels would take a much more personal turn where they pretty much brought us into the mind of Link and the personal demons he has to battle thanks to the after-effects from his initial adventure.

>AoL: Has to deal with the threat of Ganon resurrecting again, Zelda falling asleep, being cursed with the Triforce of courage even though he doesn't want it, final boss is Dark Link, which embodies the evil and temptations inside of him. Ends up with him defeating his dark side, becoming King.

>LA: Link leaves Hyrule to go off and train somehwere else, crashes his ship and wakes up into a quaint island where he gets a love interest and all. Turns out that it's all a dream and pretty much the embodiment of Link desires and fears, with Koholint's residents represesnting the livelihood he wants and Dethal representing his fear of Ganon and the adventure he underwent in ALtTP. Ends with him waking up the windfish, but still shipwrecked in the middle of the ocean. It's extremely bleak and bittersweet.

>MM: runs away from Hyrule to search for Navi since she's the only one remaining who knew what he went through, instead thrown into a parallel dimension where he basically underwent his own little version of purgatory hell where he was forced to save people time and time again from an apocalyptic event. In the end, just like OoT, nobody would remember him for what he did an the game ends with him leaving, returning the lost woods, bleak and bittersweet like LA.

Shit would get serious in those sequels.
Now a days we're lucky to get a sequel to handheld games, let alone those of a direct continuation of a previous game, featuring the same Link dealing with the after-effects of his previous adventure in a rather dark tone. And don't even bring console sequels into the discussion.

God Zelda really did go down the shitter after WW and TP.
>>
>>341954648
>let alone those of a direct continuation of a previous game, featuring the same Link dealing with the after-effects of his previous adventure in a rather dark tone

But Wind Waker had two direct sequels, one of them featuring the same Link from Wind Waker.
>>
>>341954502
you can wear full armor
you can wear -nothing-

people will be trying all sorts of combinations out and seeing how it interacts with the world. the emphasis on interaction and exploration will be what sets this game apart. even from the morsels we got last week, there were new improved ways to combat enemies, get around the world, and we saw how the environment plays a role in your actions (becoming an arsonist will be the single most fun thing to do, please let there be some type of oil in this game)

its shaping up to be amazing. graphically, if you really want to be a nitpicky child, sure, it's not (insert graphically intensive game), but i believe, hope, the gameplay makes up for it.

you can set a field on fire, jump off a horse, paracute to catch the hot air and rise, then shoot arrows from above. if you dont think that's the coolest shit, get the fuck outta my face
>>
File: 1385551313777.jpg (33 KB, 418x300) Image search: [Google]
1385551313777.jpg
33 KB, 418x300
>>341932659
TP is easily my favorite Zelda, but theres an undinable reason people call it OoT 2.0. I love it for its fantastic dungeons, how it expanded Links swordplay, having the best sidekick, and made a real conseted effort to have a world that felt alive and ocupied. But theres no denying that its a very colored within the lines paint by numbers successor to OoT. The risks they took where minimal, the formula is solid but a pure copy, and we saw this trend take a nose dive with Skyward Sword. SS had some high points for sure and some improvements to classic series mechanics, but everyone agrees that the extreme hand holding, empty sky, and reused areas and bosses far outweigh the good. Sure Wind Waker has the same basic formula for story progression, but the took a boat load of risks with the new art style and making sailing so prominent after the prior E3 showing.

I look fondly back at TP but its really the clear beginning of the stagnation of the series. That said Im excited that their taking the criticisms of the last decade to heart with Winds of the Wild, from what we've seen its a pure 180 in design philosophy to Skyward Sword. Im really optimistic that this marks a change for the better and a fresh start to Zelda while keeping the core elements that has made the series so popular
>>
>>341954943
And it was utter shit in comparsion to the ones mentioned in that post.
>>
>>341954943
No only one did, and Phantom Hourglass has so little to do with WW it might as well be a new Link.
>>
>>341954648
Zeldafags are more deluded than Soulsfags
>>
>>341955242
Sorry that I don't kiss Nintendo's ass, anon.
>>
>>341955315
Sure sounds like you do with how you praise children's games as having all the super deep mature subtext you pulled out of your tumblrite ass
>>
I looked through and found where I heard this >>341954264 from. https://youtu.be/3sYTaru5RhA?t=18m5s
"Mr Miyamoto was saying earlier he was worried that if they put a green tunic in too early, people would put that on and say "I've got my green tunic, I'm set!""

>>341954502
It's more people will go for the iconic shit as soon as possible if they can. The same people who always call the main character Link instead of their name or care about canon names in games with self inserts etc. The Hylian Shield and Master Sword are the best weapon and shield respectively in a lot of games but they're also really iconic. Not having that sort of thing accessible up front will make BOTW's new stuff stand out a lot more.
>>
it lost it when WW was released unfinished.

a link between worlds was excellent and what I've wanted from a 2d zelda since ALttP, so if BoTW is anything like that it will be glorious
>>
File: WAKE ME UP.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
WAKE ME UP.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>341955318
I don't think Takahashi is personally leading the Monolith division in helping Aonuma. What gets me is that THIS LINK IS WEARING SHULK'S UNDERWEAR. IT'S THE SAME FUCKING DESIGN. What the fuck?
>>
>>341955318
Not that anon, but I'm almost certain that the lack of a green tunic is actually a major plot-related spoiler at this point, even Aonuma directly hinted as such in an interview.
>>
>>341955374
I never said they were mature, but the sequels did have a tendency of following a personal, darker path. Something that they started to lack once again after WW. As someone already noted PH was so fucking different from WW that it might as well have been about a completely different Link altogother.
>>
File: 52627698_p6_master1200.jpg (190 KB, 500x677) Image search: [Google]
52627698_p6_master1200.jpg
190 KB, 500x677
>>341955816
unrelated but thanks for all these pictures, anon
>>
>>341955816
And then SS negated MC with the knight's tunic.

Nintendo basically retcons something huge with each and every new game either way.
>>
File: 070622phintro2[1].jpg (29 KB, 510x382) Image search: [Google]
070622phintro2[1].jpg
29 KB, 510x382
>>341955786
>start Wind Waker
>game opens with a stylized, but at least sombre feeling bit of lore to set the stage done up to look like carvings made by ancient Aztecs or something

>start up Phantom Hourglass
>LITERALLY babby's first Zelda
>>
>>341955608
They've taken this "Link starts the game sleeping" thing to a meta level now.

I'm almost expecting a twist that every Link is possessed by the spirit every game and that's why he wakes up when you start (Almost) every Zelda game.
>>
What surprises me about Zelda is the number of MGS fans talking about it. Why the interest in a Nintendo game?
>>
>>341955883
kek, you're welcome. I just picked some of my waifu that I liked off of Gelbooru and used them to shitpost because I felt she was relevant

>>341955951
The irritable thing is that if Minish Cap was supposed to be an origin story for Link's hat, WHY would they make it a prequel to Ocarina at all if Skyward Sword has it before Minish Cap. There's literally no fucking logic behind it

Basically the Four Sword trilogy might as well be its own fucking continuity and it would be better for it, considering its Ganon is a 'reincarnation' since Twilight Princess killed theirs off and FSA contradicts Ocarina's backstory

Why have a timeline if none of this shit matters
>>
>>341956093
Aonuma did call attention to that during the E3 Treehouse event.

We're all expecting some crazy bullshit with this. I personally feel like he's a fusion of the spirits of all three Links from each timeline and is put into a a body that is physically the perfect Link or something. But it's probably even weirder and crazier than that. I can't wait.
>>
Nintendo should have brought the game into the 21st century. People aren't interested in childish adventures anymore. They want political intrigue and moral greys. Like Game of Thrones. In fact Zelda should seriously take a page from Game of Thrones. Its time for Zelda to become the mature, epic series that it always should have been if Nintendo had any balls.
>>
>>341956680
Trying to be Game of Thrones instead of Zelda will date the game more than it already is
>>
>>341955816
Minish Cap didn't exist to explain the hat, it existed to be a fun game you goddamn priority absent idiot. Stop putting so much emphasis on the timeline when the games themselves only barely follow it.
>>
File: 1466228675600.jpg (164 KB, 1024x719) Image search: [Google]
1466228675600.jpg
164 KB, 1024x719
>>341956093
Agreed. And with Ganon being revealed so early, hering Zelda's voice and the knowing that the Old Man is already the King that's to his jingle tune.. it's almost like it's some giant meta-commentary.

I don't know why but I'm with you in the suspicion that the game's plot is going to be fucking nuts. I know Monolith probably only had involvement with the gameplay only, but I seriously wouldn't be surprised if Aonuma took some narrative mindfuck pointers from them as well.

>>341956270
Depends if you're a major fan of Zelda and know a lot about the lore. Any big Zelda fan can already tell you that things that are "off" about this game, such as the removal of NPCs for spoilers, Link waking up from a cryostasis pod, evidence of timelines merging, my replies above, >>341956093
and the like.

It's all indicative of some ievitable Kojima-tier mindfuck, hence the MGS5 memes and comparison speculation.

If anything, I'm surprised that so many MGS fans are also Zelda fans and vice-versa, considering the franchises are so different from each other.
>>
>>341956453
I'm putting all my money on the timelines converging leading to some really fucked up shit happening.
>>
>>341956861
Which is what I said

There's no reason for there to be a timeline if there's no effort put into it. It's superfluous fluff that wastes time and makes the creators look foolish
>>
>>341957068
God, I hope so.

Calling it now: BotW is both the very first and very last game in the timeline. It's the beginning/end of the stable time loop that is the Zelda timeline. Therefore it is set both post-WW and the latest games in the other timelines and pre-SS, therefore you also play as Hylia's Champion that existed pre-SS.

And again, as crazy as that is, that's probably not even the half of it.

God, it's going to be some crazy shit.
>>
>>341957412
Okay let's not over hype ourselves here and get disappointed when the game isn't a huge meta fiction that you have to play all the other games to understand.
>>
So towns are confirmed. Will there be more than one though?
>>
File: hyrule baseball.webm (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
hyrule baseball.webm
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>341957412
unfortunately the final boss battle is going to be ganon vs link baseball with ganon pitching, sort of like pooh vs christopher robin
>>
>>341956285
If I recall, FSA was originally set to be during whatever the war took place just before OoT. Tho Miyamoto changed it because he thought the plot was too complicated.
>>
>>341957514
Yeah Skyward Sword was supposed to be the origin of Zelda and that was 90% filler, 10% complete timeline bullshit involving Original the Ganon donut steel.

And there's not a person alive who didn't see the Zelda = Hylia twist.
>>
>>341957514
I'm not getting overly hyped. I've been burnt too many times in the past. But I am more hyped for this game than I have been for anything in a while.

I've learned from my mistakes, so I'm curbing my enthusiasm, don't get me wrong. But I genuinely believe this game could be something amazing.

Even if the story doesnt' hold up, I feel like the gameplay could make it the best Zelda game in a long time and that's what matters most. Everything they've shown at E3 gives me no reason to not believe as much.
>>
>>341957765
>And there's not a person alive who didn't see the Zelda = Hylia twist.
I didn't. Was I supposed to?
>>
preparing to dump webms
>>
>>341957765
I'm not going to say the story's going to be a piece of shit, just don't go in expecting it to be something incredibly specific and so exaggeratedly exactly what you want when we know nothing about it. The only real hints we have of this being "meta fiction" are some names being dropped that don't necessarily make sense, but Zelda's done that before without hesitation (and it wasn't a flaw.)
>>
File: skeleton abuse x3.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
skeleton abuse x3.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
these are not in any particular order
somebody make a webm of the trailer segments where Link is in plate armor please
>>
I like BotW so far, it looks like something new and weird which is what Zelda needs at this point. Hopefully they're still adding more content since what they've shown has been pretty much just a physics demo/playground, but it's a good foundation.
>>
File: skeleton abuse.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
skeleton abuse.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>
File: more skeleton abuse.webm (373 KB, 1274x710) Image search: [Google]
more skeleton abuse.webm
373 KB, 1274x710
>>341958043
we got 9 months till release, and the game isn't gold status yet
those 100 employees from monolith must be going through crunch time
>>
>>341932659
My personal experience with Zelda has been.. that OOT was beautiful in story.. introducing the villain early as someone ambiguous at first.. including dreams and a beautiful princess girl.. it had all the hallmarks of a fairytail full of mysticism... and the betrayal and lead up to the fight climbing those stairs with that music.. it just stuck.

Now the rest.... nothing like a fairytail. They felt all just slapped together. No mysticism, no intimacy with polarizing characters. Just quirky characters and stand-ins for what once was the triforce of wisdom and power.. Stand ins that seemed to want to allude to another time. That seemed apologetic they werent everything OOT was.

I just want to hear a good bed time story mummy
>>
>>341936174
>Hylian shield be the best shield
Mirror shield
>Master sword be the best sword
Fierce deity sword, biggoron sword, great fairy sword, razor sword
>>
File: dude laughing 2.gif (3 MB, 290x189) Image search: [Google]
dude laughing 2.gif
3 MB, 290x189
>>341958073
>just kicking the Bokoblin skeleton head off the side of the mountain like that
Kek. I swear, I've seen so much of the E3 footage they've showed and I still missed so much of it apparently.
>>
File: skull on spine retarded.webm (801 KB, 473x266) Image search: [Google]
skull on spine retarded.webm
801 KB, 473x266
>>341958158
>>
Skyward, but ALBW was 8/10

so

never
>>
>>341937687
DONT WORRY ABOUT THE FUTURE, ITS ALRIGHT
>>
File: ladies please.webm (938 KB, 374x542) Image search: [Google]
ladies please.webm
938 KB, 374x542
>>
>>341932659
For pure Zelda qualities, Zelda II. Every game after put a degree of restriction/linearity onto it, and lost some of the magic of the first. BotW looks like it will be the first to really try going back to what made the first great.

For general aspects probably Wind Waker. Even though most of the games have been great or even amazing, just lacking what they needed to push the series forward.

While I'm really excited for BotW, the N64 games have been my favorites in atmosphere and they never made another game that felt like those. My biggest hope for the remakes was that they would make a new game based on the that engine, but it doesn't look like that will happen.
>>
>>341958202
None of those items have been in any new games since 2005
>>
File: typical of a woman.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
typical of a woman.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>
File: too impatient.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
too impatient.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>>
>>341958202

I'm pretty sure that was his point with

> in some vain attempt of parroting Ocarina of Time in a retarded way, considering the Master Sword and Hylian Shield weren't the best in that game either

referring to how they keep digging up the Master Sword/Hylian Shield combo because that's what most people immediately think of when they think of OoT.
>>
>>341958218
I wish there was hookshot footage, I want to make like a saturday morning cartoon with the physics in the game.
>>
>>341958386
ALTTP had not that much linearity to it, imo, same with ALBW, obviously
>>
>>341957514
Nah, I'm not setting myself up for disappointment. If it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen. Doesn't make the crazy speculation any less fun or amusing.
>>
Zelda was fine through Twilight Princess.

The bullshit started with the DS game, Phantom Hourglass. Yeah, yeah, it had the sleep mode puzzle, but other than that, it was Hand Holding the Game.

Spirit Tracks and Skyward Sword were trash, A Link Between Worlds was so safe and boring, Hyrule Warriors doesn`t count.
>>
>>
File: wolf link.webm (921 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
wolf link.webm
921 KB, 480x270
>>
File: 24524234.gif (1 MB, 271x278) Image search: [Google]
24524234.gif
1 MB, 271x278
>>341958307
LINK IS FOR __________.
>>
>>341958565
The Light World was linear, but the Dark World if you knew how to fuck around can get literally anywhere. It was when the series got more linear though

Honestly linearity isn't that bad as long as it's not hand-holding and too terribly focused. Then it gets boring
>>
File: wolf link bum rush.webm (1 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
wolf link bum rush.webm
1 MB, 480x270
>>341958743
hugging, you pervert.
You think Link will actually have a sunburn if he's not appropriately dressed in the desert?
>>
>>341958659
>you can jump-kick on enemies' heads

Man I thought I had watched everything from this game.
>>
>>341932659
Just started watching the e3 stuff for this
1 Looks neat, am going to buy a wiiu now
2 that one girl with the big tits, does anyone have more of her?
>>
>>341958458
someone put the to be continued thing over this
>>
File: witch time.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
witch time.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>
>>341958821
That would be cool if he did.

Maybe even get a tan after being exposed long enough.
>>
>>341958852
Its coming out for NX as well tho
>>
>>341932659
I don't think Zelda really lost its' way. The games have been consistently great since the first one. I do think Breath of the Wild will take Zelda to the next level though
>>
File: 1466134477124.jpg (1003 KB, 1134x935) Image search: [Google]
1466134477124.jpg
1003 KB, 1134x935
>>341958852
This woman, >>341958404
you mean?
>>
>>341932659
Zelda 2, they managed to get back on the right track for Zelda SNES but then the programmers just said fuck it let's copy those guys that have been copying us and make a new final fantasy.
>>
>>341946954
>Like the Forest and Shadow temples.
The mansion and torture chambers theories make me have an erection desu.
>>
>>341958779
was it linear? alttp is my favorite game and I played it 2 years ago again, I dont remember it being that linear. Ik theres things you must do before others but it didnt seem too linear
>>
>>341958563
I never thought I'd see the day for a Zelda game with more realistic physics and ragdoll physics.

Like, what world are we even living in?
>>
>>341958971
I know anon. In fact iirc its being delayed to come out on both at the same time.
>>341959003
The one from your pic yes, I'm surprised they let her on stage. Those tits are just wild.
>>
File: WITCH TIME REDUX.webm (3 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
WITCH TIME REDUX.webm
3 MB, 1600x900
>>341958979
>The games have been consistently great since the first one
>consistently great
>consistently

Nostalgia goggles, everyone. Or he's suffered from PTSD and gone off the deep end. Somebody get this anon some help.
>>
>>341958852
just get an NX
>>
>>341959153
Nah. also I missed out on skyward sword and want to play through that and some other wiiu titles.
>>
>>341958563
>I have become death, destroyer of worlds
>>
>>341959107
she's a sadist, look at her face when she tortures Link
I hope you like being S while she's M
>>
>>341959061
I said the Light World. As soon as you get the Magic Hammer pretty much the whole game opens up because they fucked up the design of the overworld allowing you to get to places you shouldn't

If you don't get the Titan's Mitt asap, you're kind of a retard
>>
>>341959267
Amazing
>>
File: voodoo magnet shit.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
voodoo magnet shit.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>341959226
>also I missed out on skyward sword
You're not really missing much of anything. Emulate it.
>>
>>341958563
why did interacting with the sheikah tower suddenly summon ganon?
>>
>>
>>341959348
I said and other wiiu titles tho. Either way I'm still gonna buy it since I enjoy owning physical media.
>>
the barrier trapping him is weakening
>>
If any of you have the original Zelda and want to make it more challenging and way more fun.

1. Create new character
2. Do NOT get the sword
3. Figure out new ways to play it
>>
File: tomb raider death scene.webm (1 MB, 718x404) Image search: [Google]
tomb raider death scene.webm
1 MB, 718x404
>>
>>
>>341959443
I really wish there were more variety in the attacks you could do with each type of weapon. I mean, giving Link all sorts of different weapons to choose from was always what I had wanted in a Zelda game, but I would be happy if they went even further with this shit. Give each weapon like 2 different attack strings, plus different jump attacks, different dash attacks, etc.
>>
>>341935850
I've talked to some people who love Skyward Sword and some who hate it. What's it's deal?
>>
>>
>>341959729
melee combat in general looks very unfinished, I hope they polish up those swinging animations and make the transition between them smoother
>>
File: weather.webm (1 MB, 610x344) Image search: [Google]
weather.webm
1 MB, 610x344
>>
>>341959729
I suddenly want to see half-swording now.
>>
>>341959729
Well we saw that spear type weapons have a rapid stab attack in place of a spin attack. Still practically a year away though, I wouldnt be suprised if what we saw was the bare minimum. Im expecting something similar to TP's extra sword techniques for each weapon type.
>>
>>341959848
Why is Hyrule so damn misty all the time?
>>
File: savage.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
savage.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>
>>341945091

they're two hands holding up a drum

remember the boss is bongo bongo and what his weapon is
>>
>>341959348
holy shit that thing is beefy.

Link will have a hard time killing those with the weapons we've seen so far. And it did 5 hearts of damage!
>>
>>341960012
getting persona 4 vibes, shit is going to go down in that mist
>>
File: 1466055255054.png (82 KB, 264x258) Image search: [Google]
1466055255054.png
82 KB, 264x258
>>341958404

>tfw you're a femanon and Link is your fictional waifu
>tfw you watch the stream and laugh at the girls playing the game with Link shirtless 80% of the time and can't help but laugh and poke fun at them and yourself as well
>then suddenly you realize goobergate,and that if this was a female character with men stripping her, the SJW feedback and controversy would be insane
>but no.
>you go even further and realize that this is even worse than that
>because these are full-grown women openly and publicly sexualizing a minor
>not even a borderline minor in the 17-18 range like TP Link, but a literal minor that looks no younger than 15
>but if this shit was fictional girls or lolis or shit, then these people would get fired
>start experiencing a miniexistential crisis in realizing that you are also an adult femanon who wants to fuck a literal minor
>that might also explain why you want to simultaneously mother him too.

Nintendo did such a good job in turning Link into the ultimate gamurgurl bait over the years that he now satisfies so many primal womanly urges - the desire to be fucked by a protective alpha male, yet also the desire to mother a son-like figure to the point where women openly do such in public and even the public doesn't fucking question it during such rough SJW times.

That's fucking insane.
>>
Twilight Princess, and possibly.
>>
>>341959836
It does look just a *little* janky though much better than a lot of Western games still.

>>341959934
Eh, that's maybe a bit too realistic for Zelda.

>>341959942
Yeah, the rapid stab charge attack for the spear weapons is really cool and exactly the sort of thing that I want. Just need more differences like that between weapons.

And yeah, wouldn't be surprised if you learned extra techniques but maybe they'll actually be useful this time.
>>
>>341932659
Skyward Sword and I have faith in Breath of the Wild
>>
File: the smug look on its face.webm (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
the smug look on its face.webm
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>
Twilight princess was the first Zelda game (Other than 2) that I really didn't like. Then after that, I didn't like Squidward Sword. I also hated the DS games but that's kinda a given considering their control scheme.

So yeah I"m gonna say twilight princess, and everyone who hated WindWaker are fucking idiots.
>>
File: 1368252646518.gif (1 MB, 447x447) Image search: [Google]
1368252646518.gif
1 MB, 447x447
>>341960197
Hay man Mortal Draw and Back Slash where the shit
>>
>>341954648
MM is the only one for which any of what you said is true... The rest is literally fan fiction.
>>
>>341960145
WELCOME
E
L
C
O
M
E

TO MY
KINGDOM
I
N
G
D
O
M
>>
File: LITERALLY BLOWN THE FUCK OUT.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
LITERALLY BLOWN THE FUCK OUT.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>341960197
there's footage of how finely tuned the hitboxes are floating around, where one of the pigfaces swings the club down on a crouching link, but link straightens up and it just hits grass instead of hitting his back, saw it in one of the dark souls shitposting threads
>>
>>341956270
The concept of stalking, hunting and eating animals from the environment is pulled right out of MGS3.
>>
File: METAL GEAR.webm (2 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
METAL GEAR.webm
2 MB, 960x540
>>
>>341960523
Or, yknow, actual hunting?
>>
File: LARPing.webm (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
LARPing.webm
1 MB, 1920x1080
Found it. Ignore the idiot in the back swinging the fiery branch.
>>
>>341944048
Oracle of Ages was fucking great, Seasons was solid too.
>>
File: laser parry.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
laser parry.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>
>>341960523
Pretty sure MGS3 was the first video game to introduce hunting mechanics.

They memes and hype more or less stem from the possibility of this game being a Kojima-tier mindfuck in terms of twists. Or at least that's what people are hoping for.
>>
>>341960632
>>341960523
Literally like when Halo 3 came out or whatever the fuck one and people were posting about how having guns on your back was taken from Gears of War.

Stupid fucking shit.

We all pull from the same reality.
>>
File: groping but can't quite reach.webm (1 MB, 524x517) Image search: [Google]
groping but can't quite reach.webm
1 MB, 524x517
>>341960145
>>341960413
>>
>>341932659
Is anybody else going to miss rolling?

There wasn't rolling in SS right?
>>
>>341960479
>the Deku Leaf from WW comes back
>it's coming back as just a 'normal' weapon with special properties
It's shit like this that makes me think that BotW is going to be amazing.
>>
>>341944503
Sure, I can agree with that. So why did Aonuma repeat windwaker six more times?
>>
>>341960807
wasn't*

Whoops
>>
>>341960690
lmao
>>
File: huckleberry link.webm (2 MB, 772x362) Image search: [Google]
huckleberry link.webm
2 MB, 772x362
>>341960902
One of the helpers in the E3 demo said rolling comes later.

>>341960916
or you can set sail on a raft with it, webm related
>>
>>341960898
The porn for this game is going to be good. Good and clever.
>>
>>341961021
But no dedicated button? I mean as it stands there aren't even multiple item buttons
>>
File: bobbyhill.jpg (31 KB, 615x456) Image search: [Google]
bobbyhill.jpg
31 KB, 615x456
>>341960840
>>341960807
>>341960632

...why are you all this assblasted about someone bringing up a completely valid similarity

>MGS didn't invent hunting mechanics

Yeah no shit but the way it's implemented in a game where it's not the primary focus and with a stealth emphasis (namely a crouch-walk that Metal Gear got to be all about from 4 onward) is highly similar. It's not the first time they would be taking cues from Metal Gear, either. MG1 had the "hit walls to see if you can blow it up" mechanic before Zelda introduced it in ALttP.
>>
File: shoot through the bars.webm (2 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
shoot through the bars.webm
2 MB, 960x540
>>
>>341960902

Rolling was in SS, just not on A.
>>
File: firerod.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
firerod.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>>341960796
Shit, this game is going to be CUHRAYZEE isn't it?

>>341961021
>or you can set sail on a raft with it, webm related
Yeah, I saw. This is going to be amazing.

They also brought the Fire Rod back too.
>>
>>341961094
yeah, that's the weird part
i hope they didn't trade being able to jump anywhere by making rolling autorolling
>>
>>341960145
SJW's is just a mask for female supremacy, not equality
>>
I'm not really a fan of what I've seen, but there hasn't been a Zelda to date that I've hated outright. My least favorite was Twilight Princess, and I'm not going to pinpoint why.

I have a feeling it's going to be a game where you can do a lot of minor things, none of which really matter. Sure, you can choose to blow this guy off the map, or kill him with that weapon, but it'll more than likely still be just as easy as the rest of the series.

Something just doesn't seem right so far, but I am honestly glad to see it taken in a new direction.

Hopefully it turns out well.

Also the "technology" people keep posting about seems like it's gonna get really old, fast, or used once or twice and never again, like the field catching fire.
>>
>>341932659
Starting with OoT and slowly got worse and worse. Actually it may have even started with ALttP. It truly started to lose its way for real with the Triforce Quest from TWW.
>>
File: HEAVY.webm (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
HEAVY.webm
1 MB, 1920x1080
FEEL THE WEIGHT OF YOUR EXISTENCE
>>
>>341961125
>saying hunting exists in more things than one video game is being assblasted
How fucking mad are you?
Literally you are just grasping at straws to bitch about because your series is officially pachinko
>crouching and walking didnt exist in other titles before mgs
JUST
>>
>>341961390
Holy fuck that looks satisfying
>>
File: 1413075030231.png (102 KB, 321x326) Image search: [Google]
1413075030231.png
102 KB, 321x326
>>341960321
I want part of his moveset in BotW

https://youtu.be/44O80xQR51o?t=6m13s

>That mad power-roll at 6:34
>>
File: gyro control precision.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
gyro control precision.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>
File: 1465951692740.gif (999 KB, 250x251) Image search: [Google]
1465951692740.gif
999 KB, 250x251
how did nintendo win e3 with just one game?
>>
>>341961357
Imagine if WW had actually interesting islands and wasn't a bunch of small micro dungeons like the holes from OOT and MM.

Triforce quest could have felt like an actual pirate adventure.
>>
>>341961309
>Also the "technology" people keep posting about seems like it's gonna get really old, fast
I don't know, I kinda like that we can shoot arrows between bars now.
>>
>>341961390
Holy shit, what is that? Is that the charge attack for 'heavy', two-handed weapons? Good lord.

I hadn't seen that before.
>>
Nintendo is way behind the times right now and making one fuck-up after another

I predict if they continue on like this they'll stop making consoles like Sega did
>>
>>341961463
>turning this into fanboy wars when I'm really just annoyed that you're acting like a total fucking manchild over nothing

Eat shit, retard.
>>
File: BEES.webm (617 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
BEES.webm
617 KB, 1280x720
>>341961463
>your series is officially pachinko
shut up, the mourning period isn't over ;_;

>>341961309
the bow and arrow is never going to get old, for tiny shit you actually need near pinpoint accuracy
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 113

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.