[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
itt:your favorite oblivion quest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6
File: Canvas-reward.jpg (44 KB, 624x419) Image search: [Google]
Canvas-reward.jpg
44 KB, 624x419
>>
The one with the invisible town.

Only thing I remember from that trash game..
>>
The one where you uninstall the game and play Morrowind instead.
>>
>>341926421
upvoted
>>
>inb4 dark brotherhood/party quest
>>
The only one I remember is a quest that involved a manor in the town in the west.
There was ghosts and stuff.

Also that ring in that well that had a ring so heavy you couldn't swim up.
>>
>not Through A Nightmare, Darkly
>>
>tfw oblivion is over a decade old

I remember being hyped for it like it was yesterday
>>
>>341926487
That's the worst quest in the game
>>
Tough to choose from, I like the Vampirism cure one, the end of the Fighters' Guild, the DB prison break-in, these two >>341926316
>>341926683 and most of the Daedra quests a lot. I think the Glarthir quest is my favourite though. Skingrad 2comfy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iR7B5YCvBus

shame the quest quality fell off so sharply for Skyrim. Oblivion had some classics, what does fucking Skyrim have? The Sheogorath and Mora quests and some rotating tile puzzle fetch quests?
>>
Shivering Isles, the torture place, making that Orc squeal when he thinks he died.
>>
>>341926989
Skyrim has a werewolf quest, and a... uh. Well, there's dragons bro. Oblivion didn't have dragons.
>>
>>341926691
>tfw haven't done anything with my life for 10 years
>>
Murder mystery
>>
>>341926421
>talk to this guy
>go down hill
>talk to mage
>use spell in middle of the town
>quest over

yaaaaaaaaaawn
>>
>>341927983
Any quest in any game can be summarized like that, anon.
>>
>>341926487
Morrowind is shit though
>>
>>341926316
i always found rigging the animal head to fall on the old guy hilarious
>>
>>341926989
The only Skyrim quest I remember, is one where you need to get a Dwarven artifact from some flooded ruins. There was puzzles in it, so you had to figure out the best way to drain the room, and then lower platforms that allow you to walk around certain areas. Puzzles were easy as fuck, but compared to the other quests, was pretty memorable.
>>
Welp I kinda want to play oblivion now.
>>
>>341926316
Uninstall.exe
>>
>>341926519

But that quest was great. I replayed it probably about 30 times just to see all the different dialogue.
>>
>>341926989
>>341931812
Wow, youre right. I dont remember any quest from skyrim that wasnt from the guilds.

The murder mystery in winterhold i guess.

The frost troll spirit from the dragonborn dlc was nice too.
>>
The one where the house in Anvil is haunted. When my character awoke a ghost floats towards me and it scared the shit out of me. Apparently things you keep in your house will move around giving a hint of whats to come
>>
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 640x473) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 640x473
>>
>>341926316
Thieves Guild final heist. Sneaking past the Blind Moth priests, stealing a motherfucking elder scroll (which felt like it had value because some dumb vampire bitch didnt use it as a dildo in her grave for 1000 years) and then using the boots of Springheel Jak to motherfucking escape the White Gold Tower itself.

Loved it. I enjoyed Skyrim overall but fuck its thieves guild in comparison.
>>
File: SI-npc-Thadon.jpg (169 KB, 899x899) Image search: [Google]
SI-npc-Thadon.jpg
169 KB, 899x899
>>341927146

My favorite quest in SI was probably the "Addiction" quest. It was just a really cool blend of storytelling and mechanics: how you had to keep collecting the stuff or you'd lose skills and health and shit. I like how at the end Thadon says

>You know what it's like now....Always wanting that next fix, hating it but craving it at the same time, and hating yourself for all of it.
>>
>>341926519
Fuck off if you don't think that quest was fun as shit
Sure it gets spouted a lot in threads like these but that's because it was good
>>
>>341926316

I like the one where you buy the house off the guy, and if you explore the house a little, you find out it's haunted. I thought that was a really cool setup. I also like how it wasn't immediately obvious, but you had to pick through the house a bit.
>>
the one where you provoke a paladin into killing you to make him lose favor with his god was great

he thinks you are haunting him if you come back after he has killed you i think
>>
File: 1465760801755.jpg (6 KB, 266x178) Image search: [Google]
1465760801755.jpg
6 KB, 266x178
>>341926316
>there won't be an Oblivion Remastered in your lifetime
>>
>>341932927
I was fucking terrified of that house after that. I loved Anvil but refused to move my shit from Skingrad to that goddamn deathtrap.
>>
File: 1458002739363.jpg (34 KB, 408x333) Image search: [Google]
1458002739363.jpg
34 KB, 408x333
>>341931983
>re-install oblivion
>level up a bunch
>remember that the enemies become brick walls if you level too much
>uninstall
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 450x337) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 450x337
Beating the gatekeeper to get into the Shivering Isles felt really rewarding for me for some reason.

>>341932575
I love how everything was meant to prepare you for that quest. It felt really amazing to be with the monks, and it could be quite tricky to sneak past them since they had augmented hearing despite being blind.
>>
>>341933249
Really? I never found that to be the case. Then again, no matter what level I am, I enchant a bunch of fortify magicka armor pieces and create fuck-you-die spells that kill anything in one hit.

>>341933335
>tfw you beat the gatekeeper without his bones or the mother crying
>>
>>341933249
Oblivion remake when
>>
>>341933424
After TES VI

So, 12 years
>>
>>341932796
Shit, I remember that. They probably wouldn't add that sort of quest nowadays.
>>
>>341932457
>Apparently things you keep in your house will move around giving a hint of whats to come
Really? That's interesting. Never noticed.
>>
>>341932796
New Sheoth had a lot of interesting stuff to do. It was also pretty big and comfy.
>>
Is it possible to do spell stacking in Oblivion? I tried making a spell that icreases speed 100 points for a few seconds and magicaka by 100 points. The results were very dissapointing. I was kind of hoping that I could make a spell that literally breaks the game you move so fast.
>>
>>341934116
https://youtube.com/watch?v=6ssH546g-kw
>>
>>341934805
first thing i did when i got the custom spell maker was to make several spells that increased max mana by increasingly large amounts

they cost so much i could only cast them with the buffs from the previous one

the process took too long and the duration for each one was too short so i just went back to running around with 100% chameleon and doing whatever i wanted
>>
The only good quests were the Dark Brotherhood Quests.
>>
>>341935738
>I never played the game
>>
>>341935930
Hahaha verely so gentleman *tips fedora*
>>
>>341933249
>he didn't play a stealth archer to always be ahead of this
>>
>>341933249
thats what you get for not being a stealth archer
>>
>>341932450
the winterhold serial killer had so much potential, i dont even remember who it was, I think it was the

[SPOILER ALERT!!]

faggy mage or whatever
>>
>>341926989
>actually liking the vampirism cure quest

That was the stuff of nightmares, such a horrible chore.

When I played Skyrim I worked very hard to never catch vampirism even though the cure quest was much simpler.
>>
>>341937784
Nah, the faggot mage was a red herring. It was actually some shopkeeper in the dark elf district.
>>
>>341934805
it does

I used to have 3. One Weakness to fire 100%, another just like that (literally the same effect but a different spell to it stacks twice, and then a 100% weakness to magic. Then you blast the fucker with a fire on touch spell and basically always oneshot unless it's a xivilai. Use a pralyze spell first and you're golden for the whole game.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.