[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Evolve was a bigger failure than TORtanic in every way It lost
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: BCA4Wfo.jpg (1 MB, 2703x1595) Image search: [Google]
BCA4Wfo.jpg
1 MB, 2703x1595
Evolve was a bigger failure than TORtanic in every way

It lost all its players in less than a week, had 2 season passes and expensive dlcs that were worthless, and had balancing issues that still exist to this day

Prove me wrong
>>
>>341909454
Is it a bigger failure than battleborn?
>>
>>341909635
Yes

For now, maybe in a month battleborn would take the title
>>
It wasn't likely the largest budget game of all time, taking place in one of the most popular fictional settings out there, riding on the wave of two popular and well-regarded predecessors and cloning the formula of by far the most profitable game in history.

Unfortunately TOR has made profit at this point.
>>
>>341909454
I gotta hand it to 2K.

Despite the heavy losses in player base they never really lowered the prices. That takes a special kind of retardation and pride.
>>
>>341910478
exactly

TOR made lots of money and its still alive, i honestly dont get the TORtanic meme when evolve and battleborn exists
>>
>>341910478

The budget probably went all into marketing.
>>
>>341910712
You don't get the TORtanic meme because you weren't on the internet when it was relevant.
>>
>>341910712
A game that was filled with bored WoW players who then returned immediately as soon as they completed all of TOR's content.
>>
>/v/ STILL has a hate boner for this game.

Why? Just a mediocre online shooter aimed for console babbies that was the flavor of the week.
>>
>>341909635
I'd say so, it was certainly hyped up more.
>>
>>341912162
It was shilled for months on /v/. If the game didn't have several positive aspects that I liked (decent world and character building) I would be resentful too.

The only game I know of to have more tournaments before release than after with NS2 to be the only contender.
>>
>>341909454
amazing how people shat on this but ate up overwatch.
>>
>>341913292
you dont see 2 season passes and 120 bucks DLCs on overwatch
>>
>>341910712
lol newfag
>>
>>341913370
>120 bucks DLCs
HAHAHA
Try 270.
>>
>>341913292
Blizzard games are like Nintendo games, they never do bad.
>>
>>341913370
weren't dlc all costumes? better than loot boxes in every way. characters were just unlocks if i recall
>>
>>341913581
have you seen the DLCs on Evolve?

Literally shitty skins and ONE monster
>>
Anyone have that video of the Evolve artificial hype train derailing?
>>
Remember the Hunting Season Pass thing
as in
"Hunting Season" pass
Good riddance
>>
>>341913370
>2 season passes

But, one was a "Hunting Season" pass.
>>
>>341913939
When it was on sale I was considering buying it before seeing that the dlc, all half off, was still $125. So yeah, I've seen it.
>>
>>341909454
My main issue with the game was that it was INSANELY imbalanced when it came to Wraith (who was almost impossible to trap) then Behemoth (which had so much hype and was a great design in my opinion but he had no actual escape and got shredded despite being "the tankiest")
>>
>>341914069
That's real fucking scummy even by season pass standards. Fuck em.
>>
This TORtanic meme needs to end.

The game has made a huge profit. It doesn't matter how garbage it is, it objectively succeeded.
>>
>>341913370
Blizzard will push their Cash Shop in the future.

As it is now, they look at their player base and how they can get their money.

If the player base shrinks, Overwatch will go F2P with a P2W Cash Shop. If the player base is stable (or even grows) they will just push the cash shop without going F2P (but the cash shop could be going P2W).
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.