[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think Kojima will be retarded and have a stupid scene
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6
File: 2016-06-18 16-48-56.jpg (637 KB, 1577x877) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-18 16-48-56.jpg
637 KB, 1577x877
Do you think Kojima will be retarded and have a stupid scene like this in Death Stranded? I seriously cant fathom why he added this into MGS V
>>
>>341908646
please kill yourself
>>
>>341908646
to be fair, at that point in the game its a very iconic image. We knew him as the good guy big boss in mgs3, and this scene kind of shows how much he changed and his "downfall" and the begining of his most infamous era, because now he is chatting with terrorists on a jeep and considering getting a nuke for himself and shit.

I also feel like this scene was intended to be a much better back and forth conversation between skullface and BB, but due to the shitty new voice actor Kojima had to keep BB slient.
>>
>>341909215
Second
>>
>>341909298
But that's not even the real Big Boss, so it's pointless.
>>
>>341909643
He's big boss just as much as john is.
>Im Big Boss and you are too. Thank you my friend.
>>
The whole game will be that scene
>>
>Death Stranding is a game about the philosophy between life and death

Death Stranding will have worse scenes, I can guarantee you.
>>
goddamn venom is so hot
imagine raiden in fox engine unf
>>
File: 1465589121326.jpg (63 KB, 487x469) Image search: [Google]
1465589121326.jpg
63 KB, 487x469
>>341909849
>john
big boss's real name is jack you fucking moron. the boss calls him jack, major calls him jack, but since then he goes by john to people he doesnt trust. you dense motherfucker
>>
>>341911428
David is better t b h
>>
>>341909298
But the game still portrays him in a positive light and makes him out to be the good guy, especially compared to killface
>>
>>341912450
I don't think they make him out to be a good guy, rather a good soldier fighting for a personal cause, which you may share or not. He witnesses torture at his base and does nothing. He even has a horn to make him look like a demon. I think they went for something like Che Guevara.

Che Guevara was an idealist fighting for a noble cause in the begining, he ended up shooting up artists and poets who didn't support his personal cause. That doesn't stop kids from wearing his shirt though. Same with BB, it depends on how you look at it.
>>
>>341911428
>look at me I'm autistic
>>
He was silent because.. Language. The games theme is language
>>
>>341908646

You know Venom was just some guy with brain damage right? He's not Big Boss or Solid Snake, so naturally in this scene he doesn't give a rambling monologue of his own with cuts to stock footage and fake DARPA tech. MGSV was thematically inverse of the other games in the series, which was kind of the whole point.
>>
File: 1460046417390.jpg (49 KB, 600x389) Image search: [Google]
1460046417390.jpg
49 KB, 600x389
>>341908646
>still caring about MGSV
>>
>>341911428
Jack is a fucking nickname for John you fucking moron.
His "friends" call him by his nickname while those he doesn't know well calls him by his real name.
Christ, do you even fucking understand social structure you dumb fucking bitch gay baby faggot?
>>
>>341908646
Snake doesn't really engage with the villians in any of the MGS games. That's more Raiden's schtick.

He might ask a question or two, and by question I mean "nukes!?" "Metal gear!?" but other than that he mostly just stands there while people monologue at him.
>>
>>341908646
I hope to god that Kojima fucks this up.
>>
>>341917318
>Who puts security cameras in a nuclear facility?
>>
>>341916958
>skullface rattling on about shit only the real big boss would know
>venom - "What IS this nigger talking about?"
>>
>>341909643
He's Big Boss at heart.

Pls don't bully Venom, he tried his best.
>>
>>341917626
I just rewatched the Rex fight. I don't think Snake says more than a word or two to Liquid but he's willing to chat with Fox for quite a bit. Snakes just don't like talking to bad guys I guess.
>>
>>341909298
>We knew him as the good guy big boss in mgs3, and this scene kind of shows how much he changed and his "downfall" etc...

Fuck. That.

I was promised going nuclear. Give me the game you promised from trailers Kojima, you talentless hack.
>>
>>341918943
now that i think of it.
Naked Snake also didn't say a lot to volgin, if i remember right.
>>
>>341909298
>and this scene kind of shows how much he changed and his "downfall"
What downfall?
>Shooting your own men
A mercy because they were going to be firebombed

>nukes
You build them as a safeguard, and they're not even used on civilians so it's not a huge deal

>child soldiers
You save child soldiers and use MB as a daycare

We were promised this huge path to evil plotline which completely failed to materialise in any form in the game.
>>
Literally the shittiest game of all time. I enjoy reading YouTube comments from time to time of morons trying to justify and make sense of the shambles of a story and gameplay as well
>>
>>341920286
Is this a joke? Please tell me you're joking and this isn't really something you believe.
>>
This scene would literally be decent if they added some animations for Venom and played Elegia throughout the entire thing.

Kojima is such a fucking hack that he made it hilariously retarded by just randomly inserting Sins of the Father for absolutely no reason and having them stare at each other

They even used Sins of the Father properly 1 mission later in the Chapter 1 credits
>>
>>341921029
They wouldn't need to play any music if it was paced properly. His speech is rapping up by the time they arrive at the base camp. Just slow down.
>>
>>341921474
Seriously, play Elegia on your Idroid during the speech.

It makes it feel like the trailer
>>
>>341921847
There's an Elegia cassette?
>>
>>341921847
>>341921029
the elegia trailer is a better MGSV than the actual game MGSV
>>
>>341922072
Just put it in your custom music
>>
File: such lust.jpg (17 KB, 480x285) Image search: [Google]
such lust.jpg
17 KB, 480x285
>>341921029
>just randomly inserting Sins of the Father for absolutely no reason and having them stare at each other
Actually it's playing from the radio, it starts when the driver fiddles with the car radio. I honestly believe Skullface choreographs his XOF men because he's such a gigantic dramatic faggot.
>>
This scene was awful and Kojima is a fucking hack. For all the shit David Cage justifiably gets he's still a million times better of a writer than this pseudointellectual, cringey wannabe-philosopher.
>>
>>341908646
>I seriously cant fathom why he added this into MGS V
>added
Nigger, the game wasn't even finished.
He didn't "add" shit.
>>
File: 1441116464579.jpg (88 KB, 273x350) Image search: [Google]
1441116464579.jpg
88 KB, 273x350
>>341923325
>For all the shit David Cage justifiably gets he's still a million times better of a writer than this pseudointellectual, cringey wannabe-philosopher.
>>
>>341920123
>Big Boss steals a mans life
>Doesn't even ask, Venom would probably be cool with it if he had
>just sends him a tape an says "we fucked with your memories and lied to you and put you through horrible shit cuz it turns out I'm a giant pussy"
>BB teams up with CIPHER, making a mockery of everything Venom believed in before he was Venom

I don't think the people who say there was no "downfall" for Big Boss realize how utterly horrible his treatment of Venom was.

Venom was his best, most loyal soldier and Big Boss destroyed his life and put him through hell to save his own skin.
>>
>>341924275
>Venom was his best, most loyal soldier and Big Boss destroyed his life and put him through hell to save his own skin.
I assume you haven't played Snake Eater or you've forgotten a significant amount of the philosophy behind it.
Venom was a soldier and Big Boss gave him orders.
He followed those orders. His life belonged to Big Boss.
>>
>/v/ suddenly hates MGS V

what went wrong?
>>
>>341924539
/v/ hates everything.
If they like something, just wait awhile.
>>
>>341924539
>suddenly
>>
>>341924539
>suddenly

On the day of release, /v/ was 50% "Kojima is the George Lucas of video games" and 50% "ENDING CUT, EVERYTHING CUT, FUCK KONAMI".

/v/ has hated this game ever since release.
>>
>>341924637
We hate something until something new comes along.

Just look at how suddenly, everyone loves the gameplay in the old God of War games now that it gives them an excuse to hate the new one for being different.
>>
>>341909298
>im such a jaded edgy outcast faggot that i pretend to not know who Kiefer Sutherland is, fuk the mainstream i guess :^)
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.