[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you plan on buying a PS4 Neo, Nintendo NX, or an Xbox Scorpio?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 9
File: PattonOswalt.jpg (75 KB, 948x1097) Image search: [Google]
PattonOswalt.jpg
75 KB, 948x1097
Do you plan on buying a PS4 Neo, Nintendo NX, or an Xbox Scorpio?
>>
>>341904040
what a scummy thing to say about a complete stranger
>>
most scorpio games are coming to PC, so there's no point.

NX will have th best exclusives out of the 3
>>
everyone knows what sexism is in 2016
>>
>>341904040
I plan on staying on the regular PS4. The PS4k isn't a successor to the PS4 so there's no point in getting it, watching 4k movies is a meme. I've learned though that when the true next gen starts it wont be safe to buy any console until the very end of it's support cycle so you get the absolute best hardware & compact design and you already know what the library will consist of.
>>
>>341904190
>what a scummy thing to say about a complete stranger

But /v/ does this on an hourly basis.
>>
>>341904190
Are you so dumb to think that's real.
>>
HIT A MIDGET ON THE HEAD WITH A STICK AND HE TURNS INTO 40 GOLD COINS.
>>
>>341904040
no ps vita 2 with 720p support

why even bother living?
>>
>>341904040
No way this is real.
>>
I already have a PS4 and Xbone so only buying the NX.
>>
nx and pc for 3rd party
>>
File: pffffthahaha.jpg (20 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
pffffthahaha.jpg
20 KB, 400x300
>>341904407
>>
MY WIFE
IS
DEAD
>>
>>341904531
yeah, no, there's no reason what so ever for there to be another edition to the failed shita line.
>>
>>341904595
Of course it's fucking shopped.

I can tell by the pixels
>>
>>341904040
>Nintendo NX
Has Nintendo elaborated on what it even is? I can't really say in the case that they haven't.
As for Scorpio and Neo, no, I don't really care, it would be a waste of money for me.
>>
>>341904040
Oh phew...
My breath stopped, and in fear I thought "No Patton..."
>>
>>341904040
I'm waiting for the PS4 Neo and the NX, for the Scorpio, if I can just make a gaymer PC to play all Xbone games, I don't think I'll get one.
>>
>>341905451
To be fair, he actually did imply that Rolfe is sexist with an angry tweet in response to James' Ghostbusters video.
>>
>>341904040
Maybe PS4 Neo as it seems to be the console which isn't struggling but that depends what is exclusive to consoles/PS4
Nintendo need to drop amiibos and give me something other than Zelda for the next 5 years. Pretty sure everything on Scorpio is going to be on Windows 10 and they've lost nearly every flagship title now or it's just the name with a shitter dev behind it milking it dry.
>>
>>341905624
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHH
>>
>>341905624
Did someone call for me?
>>
>>341904372
>hourly
try several times a second
>>
>>341905607
Did he imply James was sexist? or did he imply the reason James wasn't watching the new ghostbusters, was for the fact that the main cast are women. Those are two similar but different implications.

I think ti's fair to question James's reasoning.
>>
>>341905451
>NPR

That might actually be worse.
>>
>>341905698
>>341905776
I did not know there was a filter now for a chicken saying cluck but can not pronounce the L.
https://www.bing.com/search?q=pronounce&PC=U316&FORM=CHROMN
that is what I mean by pronounce
>>
>>341905451
Patton has always been a shitty comedian. The fact that anyone likes him is hilarious.
>>
>>341906002
The cuck filter is back on? I thought they turned it off for good.
>>
>>341906142
This.
He's the worst character from King of Queens.
Honestly that's all I know him from.
>>
>>341906202
Nah you can say cuck as long as it isn't all caps.
All caps cuck and you get KEK.
I don't understand the half-ass filter for it.
I think someone other board bitched about not being able to say cuck so they brought it back.
>>
>>341905624
>>341905776
>>341906246
>>341906369
Stop posting immediately.
>>
File: pattontweet.jpg (73 KB, 625x671) Image search: [Google]
pattontweet.jpg
73 KB, 625x671
>>341905907
He didn't really question his reasoning. He instead chose to take the high road by insulting him.
>>
>>341906246
>>341906142
He's a decent standup. He never killed me with laughter, but he's still enjoyable to listen to. Plus, I like him when he's on the radio/doing interviews. He's surprisingly quick witted. He comes up with good stuff on the fly. And he's self deprecating, which is a style of comedy that suits my tastes. Self deprecating humor is a dying style.
>>
>>341905907
It would be fair to question his reasoning if he didn't explain it to the point why he didnt watch it. The ghostbusters being female had nothing to do with it. But these fags are claiming it was about that anyway.
>>
>making decision based on brand loyalty and promises
yeah no. Remember most of people who bought a PS4 did it for games that are only released this year, a year before the new retro compatible better system is out
>>
>Don't want to watch a movie
>become the enemy of the entire female gender and their lapdogs
yikes, that easy huh?
>>
>>341906547

I like that you didnt include the tweet that clarified what he said.

He goes on to say its not fair to judge the movie before he has even seen it and that he was poking fun at the whole thing
>>
>>341904372
/v/ does it but we're just a bunch of anonymous cunts. C list celebrities getting together to bully an internet celebrity for not wanting to see a shitty movie is a different story.
>>
>>341904372
>an internet image board with hundreds of thousands of anonymous people is the same as one person
Go back to gaf
>>
>>341906547

There's nothing really to question. All the guy said was "I know I'll hate the movie no matter what, so I'm not going to even bother" and that was it. He even said "I admit I'm biased." There's nothing between the lines to be read. He made it abundantly clear.
>>
>>341904040
Your image has literally nothing to do with video games
>>
>>341906804
ok
test one has FAILED
test two was good.
Here is proof of the new and resulted filter/
>>
>>341906547
I remember that now. Eh, that's a harmless comment. He's a comedian. If you weren't thinking about Patton's politics, then you would have chuckled.
>>
No, no and no.

Also why the fuck does Patton Oswalt care about James Rolfe? Was he in that movie I didn't watch or something?
>>
File: Gannon says.png (84 KB, 245x316) Image search: [Google]
Gannon says.png
84 KB, 245x316
>finally see a commercial for the movie
>Black chick does a stage dive
>crowd lets her fall
>"I don't know if this is a race or a sex thing but ya'll aint right."
>>
>>341904040
NX, maybe Scorpio, depends on the price.
>>
>>341904373
considering Oswalt is working on Nu-MST3k?
Yes, I'd absolutely believe it.
>>
>>341904040
but the NX will be its own thing, it wont be an upgraded Wii U.
Why is it listed togather with rehashed consoles?
>>
>>341906873

>you didn't include the tween that clarified what he said

There's nothing to clarify. Is there ever a justification for being an asshole, especially over a harmless opinion?
>>
>>341904040

Patton is hilarious and I one of my favorite comedy show cameo actors.
But holy shit he is insufferable on twitter.

I've realized I hate a lot of celebrities I thought I liked as a result of twitter. Man was not meant to hear every little single thought of their idols.
>>
>>341906605
I hope he dies pretty soon because none of what you mentioned applies to him.
>>
>>341906776
Well, I don't think it's fair to say an all female cast has "nothing" to do with it. That's like saying you replaced sugar with artificial sweetener, and then claimed it has nothing to do with why the cake taste shitty. It's a major ingredient to what makes the ghostbusters so great. I would question a person who dodges the matter in totality.
>>
>>341904215
Comfy couch gaming at 4k. And don't give me that PC connects to the tv. You'll need a kb+ mouse at one point or another.
>>
>>341904040
NX, and I will explain why.

I already have a PC for PC games. Xbox is bringing everything to windows 10, so I can use my PC for Xbox games as well.

I already have a PS4, and I doubt Neo will be that much of a significant boost, and even if it is, I can still play all its games on my current PS4 and then grab the Neo a bit later when its cheap or on sale.

But NX is gonna have Nintendo exclusives that wont be on any other platform, the best version of the new Zelda, and all new upcoming Nintendo exclusives because Wii U is a dying platform. I never got a Wii U either, so if NX is backwards compatible or has Wii U ports, I can finally dive into that library as well.
>>
>>341906965
>is this a race thing?

One of the most overused jokes in existence. Right beside "We're so close we finish each others..." which was already perfected in Arrested Development.
>>
>>341904372
But we do it for pure fun. Not to fuel a "certain" political agenda"
>>
>>341907435
this......is actually a sensible post.
>>
>>341907347
>Well, I don't think it's fair to say an all female cast has "nothing" to do with it

I don't think it's fair to say that it being an all female cast has anything to do with it. He never said it was, he never implied it was, and he's never said one word in the past about being against women or anything even remotely sexist.
>>
I don't own Wii U, PS4 or XBone. Wii U has most interesting games (W101 and Bayo2) but it's already dead.

I'll probably buy PS4.5 when it'll get games. Scorpio comes from MS so I'll skip it.

Nintendo NX may be an alternative to PS4.5 but I know too little about it.
>>
>>341904040
Nintendo NX.
>>
>>341907736
But he's a white male so obviously he holds those beliefs.
>>
>>341907736

I find it funny that a guy who went out of his way to include a woman and a black guy in the main cast of his movie for the sake of diversity is being accused of misogyny. There's no pleasing these assholes.
>>
>>341904040
Please tell me Patton didn't actully do this, please tell me this is just photoshoped
>>
>>341907736
People are capable of lying, omitting and dodging. They're also capable of deluding themselves into believing that what they say is how they truly feel.
But even if what he stated is the truth 100%, it's still reasonable for other people to question him. Because they aren't in his heart and in his head. They can't know how he truly feels. From the outside perspective, James's explanation can come across as very dodgy.

Note: I'm not saying it's right to conflict him of sexism. I'm saying that they have reason to suspect and question him of it.

Now here's the real kicker... The progresses are so far ingrained in our thinking as a society, that people are starting to accept the idea that being opposed to an all female cast in a movie makes you sexist i the first place. That's bullshit. But they use this bullshit as a basis for their accusations.
In a movie where style and character are the main driving forces, if you change the style and characters, then you're going to get a different product. So yes, a female cast does alter the recipe, which in turn makes the product have a different taste. And that taste my not be palatable to some. That doesn't necessarily make them sexist.
>>
>>341904372
Boipussie when?
>>
>>341907513
But we do have a political agenda.

It's called "MAKING VIDEO GAMES GREAT AGAIN"
>>
>>341907048
You probably don't know much about him then
>>
>>341906894
You are literally trying to say that it makes it okay for us to do it because we are cowards afraid to attach our names to our insane beliefs because we know society doesn't tolerate them

>>341907513
>But we do it for pure fun. Not to fuel a "certain" political agenda"
Full of shit, anon
>>
>>341908878
>I'm saying that they have reason to suspect and question him of it.

They have the right to question him. But they don't have reason to. There's a difference. There are a multitude of reasons why a person would not want to see the film. And the reasons he gave are in line with everything he's said in the past concerning his thoughts on Ghostbusters and movie reboots in general.
>>
File: 1465336165479.png (144 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
1465336165479.png
144 KB, 800x533
>>341907736
You need to understand public dialogue in CURRENT YEAR
>>
>>341905451
he's still a SJW feminist though
>>
File: literally-oswalt.jpg (42 KB, 495x636) Image search: [Google]
literally-oswalt.jpg
42 KB, 495x636
>>341904040

I can't see Oswalt without being sad since his wife died. Sounds like she just died suddenly, completely out of the blue. That's got to be completely fucked.
>>
>>341909413
this fat lesbian had a wife? god how awful she must've looked
>>
>>341909229
nah it is ok for us to do because us bitching on 4chan is never going to have any effect on anybodies life

that´st he beauty of 4chan it is completely meaningless

a place were people can let lose without having to fear the consequences

meanwhile that little gnome is trying to use is personal connection that he and his friends have to ruin the life of james simply for having a opinion that they don´t like
>>
>>341907347

If you could replace the new cast with the old cast, in their prime, that trailer would still look like total fucking garbage.
>>
File: 1464189857579.png (768 KB, 1280x1172) Image search: [Google]
1464189857579.png
768 KB, 1280x1172
already have a ps4

so

scorpio and maybe an nx, depending on how much it costs i might just get a wii u for zelda
>>
>>341908878

To be honest, the female thing really has nothing to do with it, as far as I'm concerned. You could replace the actors with men and it would still look like a bland, unfunny typical modern comedy with randumb humor and fart/vomit jokes made to appeal to morons.
>>
>>341909413
Some people just aren't allowed to be happy. At least he has a little girl that will remind him of his wife every time he looks into her eyes.
>>
>>341909232
It's not like he's built his entire career reviewing bad entertainment or anything.
>>
My thoughts on Oswalt:

- It sucks that his wife died
- He's a pretty funny comedian and I enjoy his work
- His tweet was completely in the wrong and he was a complete asshole for posting it
- The people trolling him about his dead wife were also in the wrong.
>>
His last stand up was fucking atrocious like holy shit. I don't think even the sjws he was pandering to enjoyed that.
>>
>>341907215
seeing david hayters political twitter ruined him for me
its one thing to be a democrat, but the guy goes above and beyond to be a smug asshole
>>
>>341910107
My thoughts on Patton Oswald:
After he finishes voicing Pinky in Bojack Horseman, he can disappear back into irrelevancy.
>>
>>341909907
He doesn't not want to see the movie because it looks bad. He even admits that the movie could be good. The only thing he says for certain is that he will absolutely not enjoy it due to is bias towards the franchise. It's reasonable for him to not want to see a movie he knows he will not enjoy.

He watches bad movies and enjoys them. But he does not believe he will enjoy this. So why go see a movie you will not have fun watching?
>>
>>341904040
why does patton oswalt have such a boner for this movie? is it because his wife is gonna cameo in it after he rolled over on her in his sleep?
>>
>>341910356
He doesn't have to see the movie. If what he says is true, then his reason is sound. But you have to suspect a guy who watches and plays shitty things for other people's enjoyment.

I'm certain he doesn't enjoy watching/playing certain things, because he says as much candidly. He does it anyway for the entertainment factor. The fact that the special exception to the rule, just so happens to be a movie cast with all female characters is rather suspicious.
>>
>>341906924
you're tripping me out bro
>>
>>341907513
This is literally the board that started GamerGate and you say that wrong garbage?
>>
>>341909567
What is Gamergate
>>
>>341904040
480x, if it really holds up to the rumors
>>
>>341911145
Read my previous post again. His bias is towards the old Ghostbusters. Not against women. Only a fool with some kind of agenda would belive otherwise.
>>
>>341911780
His bias could easily be a lie or delusion.
You're the type a nigga who beleive a villain when they say they turned over a new leaf.
>>
>>341912185
Yeah, i guess your right.
Better assassinate his character and ruin his life.
>>
>>341912316
>Suspecting someone
>Character assassination.
Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.