[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Souls 3 Bosses
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: dark_souls_3_main_art_1.jpg (358 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
dark_souls_3_main_art_1.jpg
358 KB, 1920x1080
Did Dark Souls 3 have the worst, most gimmicky bosses of the soulsborne series?

Think about it

Vordt
>Literally just dodge right senpai

Curse-Rotted Greatwood
>Invincible except for few hidden places gimmick
>Infinitely spawning mobs gimmick

Deacons of the Deep
>Multi-enemy gimmick
>Mobs are no real threat
>1 minute boss fight

High Lord Wolnir
>Invincible except for three shiny bracelets gimmick
>1 minute boss fight

Yhorm the Giant
>Hyped up the entire game
>Pretty much invincible unless you use a single weapon gimmick again
>They just hand you the weapon in the boss room
>6 special attacks later, he's dead
>1 minute boss fight

Ancient Wyvern
>Pretty much invincible unless you use the one attack that can damage him
>SIX in-game developer messages saying "try plunge attack"
>Plunge attack is an instant kill
>Teleported to the next bonfire after "victory", which is literally like 50 meters away
Soul of Cinder, Nameless King, and Abyss Watchers were good. But most of the bosses in this game are just easy, gimmicky, and a waste of time.
>>
Whilst I enjoyed the game overall you are right about the bosses, pvp is OK but just battle of the builds as usual and ranged battle is completely useless.

Have done 2 playthroughs, not sure if I can be bothered to do the special ending.
>>
>>341900010

PVP is just based on fastest weapons. Magic and faith have been completely destroyed.

PvE is still a ton of fun, even if heavy weapons aren't usable. Good overall lore and story, just wish the bosses were a little more memorable.
>>
>>341899262
I don't think you know what gimmick means, friendo.
>>
>>341900332
Not op here but what do you think gimmick means?
>>
File: 471591480.jpg (128 KB, 509x339) Image search: [Google]
471591480.jpg
128 KB, 509x339
>>341900332
>I don't think you know what gimmick means, friendo.
>>
>>341900258
>heavy weapons
>not usable in PvE

Don't spread lies.
>>
>>341900561
You're right. Heavy weapons aren't whats broken, poise is broken. It's muuuch harder to use heavy, slow weapons when you get staggered with a throwing knife
>>
>>341899262
It's not even close man.

Every boss in Demon's Souls besides like 2 had a defining gimmick
>>
No. No Souls game can ever have such horrible and gimmicky bosses as Demon's Souls.
>>
>>341900452
Vordt isn't a gimmick boss, that's for sure. OP might not have directly claimed him to be one, but lumping Vordt in with other examples harms OP's argument through damaging his credibility. OP makes it seem like he has no idea what he's talking about by doing this.

I'd also argue that Greatwood and Wolnir aren't gimmick bosses either. Respawning adds, and specific damage zones are just mechanics that don't deserve to be referred to as "gimmicks". Even if it WAS, then Duke's Dear Freja would still beat out both by being a worse fight with similar - as you put it - "gimmicks".

A good example of a "gimmick fight" would be the Dragon God from Demon's Souls. Although, something tells me OP hasn't played that.
>>
I'm playing dark souls 1 again and it's pretty annoying desu

Gargoyles, Capra, gaping, are all pretty bad.
>>
>>341902441
I wasn't a huge fan of DS1, but I really enjoyed the Capra demon fight
>>
>>341900775
Slightly less mindless than SS R1 spam? Sure.

>muuuch harder
No. If you keep getting staggered it means you haven't figured out how to hyper armor, space or punish and are just trying to use an UGS like a dark sword. I have one character that ran the game with only greataxes and UGSs and PvE is smooth sailing unless you are just being retarded.
>>
>>341899262
I'll never forgive From for what they did to High Lord Wolnir. He was my fav boss and they turned him into a gimmick.
>>
>>341902919
I'm also pissed off at spooklord being a wasted opportunity, but what really gets my rectum ravaged is Deacons.

>great atmosphere
>great music
>great visual design
>great level behind them
>boring fucking gimmick fight

thanks japan
>>
>>341900775
Heavy weapons are usable in PvE.
What's unusable are weapons with low reach, damage and/or no speed coupled with a lack of hyperarmor.

So fist weapons, spears etc.

In PvP HW are not particularly competitive but neither is souls PvP.

>>341902752
This game needs poise back in to be more tolerable with more weapons. Hyper armor isn't an excuse for everything since it's not on all weapons that need it.

>>341899262
Vordt just suffers from his patterns at most.
Pretty much every souls game has had a "Just stand beneath me senpai" tier boss fight.

Curse rotted is hardly invincible in "hidden places". They're obvious places, even if it is a gimmick.
And it's not like the infinite mobs actually ever can attack you in the first phase as long as you're not retarded since a) it kills them all anyway b)The first phase is over very fast.
It's also much better than the bed of chaos.

Deacons is probably one of the better mob bosses in the series, though it's not saying much. Super pushover though.

Wolnir has weakpoints. These have existed on bosses since forever. They're not even hard to hit. Basically a pushover, mostly because the bracelets are weak as hell so he barely does anything.

Yhorm was eh. The gimmick was fine but the fight was bad without it and only really worth it for the onion hype.

Ancient Wyvern is an environment boss. These are not a new thing and have been in multiple soulsborne games.

I think I could point out more gimmick bosses in DaS2 than you've mentioned using your "Gimmick = anything that isn't standard attacks/One unified damage hitbox" definition since that'd be almost every boss, more if your Vordt definition is used.
The only problem with DaS3 in my opinion is that it's super unpolished to the point of being filled with oversight mistakes.
>>
File: image.jpg (79 KB, 839x627) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79 KB, 839x627
>>341900561
I love my UGSs, but they kinda fall behind a bit more this Souls because of the faster and more aggresive encounters. Gundyr and Nameless gave me some of the hardest times with a big weapon, and some of the easiest with a straight sword.

I'll need to do more of a playthrough using faster weapons, as I've used UGSs like 95% of the time.
>>
>>341899262
>Vordt
>Gimmick

retard
>>
>>341904710
>Doesn't quote the part where I call Vordt a gimmick fight because I didn't
>>
>>341904859
>Did Dark Souls 3 have the worst, most gimmicky bosses of the soulsborne series?
>think about it
>Vordt
>>
>>341905091
I can't tell if you're serious or not.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.