[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>great pve (shitters that try to rush through everything and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: header.jpg?t=1448900640.jpg (35 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg?t=1448900640.jpg
35 KB, 460x215
>great pve (shitters that try to rush through everything and have adhd complain about the pve)
>great pvp
>excellent weapon and armor variety for both pve and pvp
>power stancing
>poise and armor actually matter

ready to apologize yet?
>>
>>341893047
DS2 is the game everyone loves to hate; logic, reason and facts will not sway the shitposters here.

It still has the best PvP in the series, PvE content is also the most meaty (inb4 muh quality>quantity!!!!) and it has more than like 3 meta builds that every shitter uses in the other games due to the larger variety in equipment.

DS1>DS2>DS3.
>>
>>341893047
DS2 is my favourite, and here's why.
>If I want to use a giant fucking sword and a lance at the same time I can.
>If I want to powerstance greatshields and use pyromancies at the same time I can
>4 dedicated PVP areas, one community chosen area for duels, all the covenants worked fine despite the lack of a permanent eye orb
>Weapon arts were already a thing, and they were useful in PVE and not only in PVP
>Giant Seeds were a last resource for a heated invasion, not something that you will always encounter
>Invasions were fun
>42 fucking bosses, doesn't matter if some weren't great, still 42 fucking bosses
>Lots of areas with different feels to them, didn't tie together and were incoherent but the game had variety
>NG+ was a choice and I could fight the boss I wanted to fight again as many times as I wanted. NG+ was also fun because of new enemies and boss drops
>Farming wasn't a necessity
>Hackers were common, but most of them were fun guys at least, they didn't get you softbanned on purpose 90% of the time
>Hub area was unique and magic. Firelink shrine is just the Nexus with a DS1 name and it's repeated 3 times in an already short game.
>Parries took skill
>Backstabs took planning
>Poise was balanced.
>>
I had more fun with DS2 vanilla than DS3 vanilla.
Hope the DLC for DS3 manages to change that and fast.
>>
>>341893047
PVE kind of sucks honestly. DSII is built around 30fps, so certain things get wonky when you force it to 60fps, like durability or some enemies having sped up animations. It's still beatable, and not crazy difficult like some people make it out to be, but it takes away from the slower, more deliberate tone combat had in DeS and DSI.
>>
>>341894310
Completely agreed.
Though DS3 parries still take skill, they're almost identical to DS2 except faster release.
>>
>>341894676
Durability was patched.
Enemies being faster is a myth.
>>
File: 1466266072039.png (291 KB, 480x603) Image search: [Google]
1466266072039.png
291 KB, 480x603
>this copious amount of bait
>anything geat on DS2 at all
>>
>>341894873
I limited my FPS to 40 with Afterburner just to see, and some enemies were noticeably slower like the Heide Knights. There leap attack was slower, their tracking was slower, and their recovery time was longer. It also seemed to solve some odd issues like enemies attacking through the wall. I'll still be playing it through at 60 just because the smoothness is worth it in my opinion.
>>
>>341893047
>great pve

(You)
>>
>>341896472
It's better than DS3s.
>>
>>341896472
true, it was too good to just be classified as great
>>
File: 1462903866892.jpg (369 KB, 1200x1062) Image search: [Google]
1462903866892.jpg
369 KB, 1200x1062
>>341893047
I'd love to see DS4 get released because inevitably DS3 would be hailed as the flawless classic everyone totally loved all along.

Why is /v/'s hipsterism so predictable?
>>
I loved this game and the DLC's were straight cash. Fume Knight & Ivory King were such cool fights and don't even get me started on Alonne. The game had tons of great and unique content, several high quality boss fights, and several changes that imo made the game unique compared to the others.
>>
>>341896569
>outsourced shitty areas stitched together in a development process so chaotic that even a japanese developer admits it was a failure
>great pve

(You)
>>
>>341894310
This t b h f a m d e s u
>>
>>341897339
I liked DaS2 (When DLC was added) but even at the state it was released at it was still better than 3.

3 is objectively the worst in the series.
>>
>le epic tracking gank fights
>great pve
>>
>>341899467
t. mad shitter who relied on backstabbing every humanoid mob in ds1
>>
>>341899975
I actually relied on parrying for the most part.
>>
>>341900454
DSII PVE parrying always felt awkward to me for some reason. PVP was fine though. Don't know why.
>>
>>341901225
Might be because in DS2 the AI enemies can delay their attack mid-swing by a minuscule amount. The only real boss that takes hard advantage of this is Blue Smelter Demon, which is why he is referred to as the "fuck your muscle memory" boss.
>>
>>341895285
The FPS animation thing is only really bad when you're fighting dual bosses. It stitches up recover times on enemies, so you can't really exploit openings before the other boss slaps you down. You're basically reduced to just poking away at them until they die. It's not difficult, just tedious.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.