[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I git gud as Pharah? I feel like her rockets travel so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 2860587-pharah.jpg (199 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2860587-pharah.jpg
199 KB, 1920x1080
How do I git gud as Pharah? I feel like her rockets travel so slow and I can never get her concussion blast to bloost people in the direction I want them to go and her splash damage feels weak.
>>
Always be above everyone else, either flying or on a vantage point.

You should never be on the ground level unless you are capping a point.
>>
Practice in the training zone and then move onto AI games at which point you should have a good idea of how Pharah works for when you're against real players
>>
>>341887143

Fly and shoot rockets at enemies.

Why do you even need to ask?
>>
JUSTICE RAINS FRO-aauuughh!
>>
File: 1465939304680.png (775 KB, 700x894) Image search: [Google]
1465939304680.png
775 KB, 700x894
She's very good. You're probably used to hitscan weapons and thus don't know how to lead your shots well. Once you do she's one of the more dangerous damage classes out there.
>>
>>341887462
>and die constantly to competent players because you're slow as shit
You use jump rockets to get away or to get to a different part of the level

Most of the time you stay behind Reinhardt's shield and hit everyone on the enemy team
>>
>>341887143
>I feel like her rockets travel so slow
I don't know why people say this when they're comparable to Quake rockets and faster than TF2 rockets (except for DH).

Splash damage is obscenely weak but hitting direct rockets is easy enough on moving targets as long as you're not at sniper range.
>>
>>341887143
Bounce around like a pinball you nigger.

Rocket jump, use the force missile on yourself , use jetpack. master the rocket jump and you take 5 damage for some crazy ass bouncing action and easy kills.
>>
You need to hit direct hits, the splash isn't that great. You don't always need to be flying, either. Walking around and shooting rockets also works, especially if they have a good sniper or s76.

For air to air fights, you know how rockets can collide with each other and blow up? Think of trying to meet the enemy rockets, but aim a little in the direction they're falling. Apply the same to ground fighting also - you want to aim a little in front of them due to the travel time of the rockets, but keep the mental image of trying to meet something halfway, if that makes sense. After you get it down you'll just second nature aim the right spots so you land direct hits.

Pharah also demolishes rein shields - if you don't have anything to shoot at, shoot his shield. Always be firing pretty much
>>
File: 1465767950994.png (2 MB, 2010x920) Image search: [Google]
1465767950994.png
2 MB, 2010x920
>>341887462

Being higher is helpful but not always required. Boosting to the sky to pepper the enemy team with rockets is fine but unless you have a pocket Mercy do not use fuel to stay there or you will be shot down by hitscan weapons. Jumping will give you enough of an angle to get splash damage. Boosting is just to re-position.

If your having trouble getting direct hits that's ok for now. From vantage points your rockets can scare away the enemy team from chokepoints or objectives. Also your ult is a death sentence most of the time unless Zarya is on your team. Use it on the ground from a sneaky angle for 2 people max or again to zone the enemy. Going for the entire enemy team usually results in 2 kills max before the third kills you.

That's how to be useful, by intentionally having less fun via keeping your feet on the ground and resisting the temptation to ult whenever the chance arises. Goodluck.
>>
Be unpredictable. Use your jets to bunny hop around or move to high ground. Don't stand still unless you're behind a Rein.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.