[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will there be another Animal Crossing, /v/? New Leaf was pretty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 14
File: animalcrossingnewleafbanner.jpg (562 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
animalcrossingnewleafbanner.jpg
562 KB, 1280x720
Will there be another Animal Crossing, /v/?

New Leaf was pretty much 99% perfect, to the point where I don't see what more they could do with the series that wouldn't be iterative.
>>
They could actually flesh out and add depth to the existing mechanics rather than add more and more pointless fluff.
>>
mark my words some faggot will make a somewhat-decent animal crossing ripoff and release it on steam and all those fatasses will eat it up

stardew valley all over again
>>
Hopefully we'll see one main series entry for the NX. My only gripe with New Leaf is that it takes too long to connect with friends. I wish there was some quicker way to run into other user-controlled villagers and that you generally had more to do with others online.

I unironically think the game's format would work well on mobile
>>
>>341886298
It totally would, and it would be a much smarter move than a home console release.
>>
File: babysitting time.png (401 KB, 581x558) Image search: [Google]
babysitting time.png
401 KB, 581x558
>>341885681
Romance options.
>>
>>341886375
I'm talking mobile phones if that's what you mean too. The whole bullshit "wait x hours for this to finish or restock" trend in mobile gaming is what animal crossing is all about anyways.
>>
>>341886187
In my dreams, maybe. All I want is a game with the look and feel of the Gamecube game (which I know Nintendo is never going back to) and the depth in customization of Happy Home Designer.
>>
>>341886595
This. But they'll never do it because beastialitylawslol
actually then again this is Japan we're talking about...
>>
>>341886686
Yeah, that's what I meant. I actually though miitomo might be a step in that direction. Animal Crossing was made for short play sessions with set wait times between them. People hated City Folk and I think part of the reason for it was that they'd played a handheld one by then and saw how much better it works.
>>
New Leaf was bad. Very few new features or improvements. It made all the same mistakes City Folk did, they just moved everything around to fool people into thinking it was different.

>>341886059
this. there is so much they could do to make a more expansive world, but instead they keep downgrading the experience from what it was on the Gamecube
>>
>>341886686
The difference is AC lets you keep playing in some way even though there's waits.

Even then NL went overboard with waits.
>>
The gameplay of new leaf with the house customizing of happy home designer
>>
>>341887220
Now that's something I haven't heard. In what ways do you feel New Leaf is a downgrade from GC Animal Crossing?
>>
New Leaf has its fair share of flaws, all-in-all it's second best after the first one.
>>
>>341887282
Exactly. AC could be a great mobile game because although they stick with the waiting trend they also give you fun shit to do in between.
>>
>>341886595
I want to bang Ankha
>>
I want comfy.

Should I restart NL or emulate and play ACGC for the first time ever?
>>
>>341888227
GC is max comfortable atmosphere.
>>
>>341887342
Not him, but the atmosphere, the world design, and 100 TIMES OVER the dialogue. God that dialogue was so bad in New Leaf, every single character was so flat and lifeless.
And by world design, I mean how you have a tiny village with no cliff or grids, and most of your shops are on a strip mall instead of in the village. Village doesn't have things like bushes or randomly spawning balls, and the town square isn't nearly as lively and useful as the well from the first game.

Plus you can't straight up ask for chores to do.
>>
>>341887764
My nigga
>>
>>341887764
>>341888386
>>341888861
Please go to /trash/ or /acg/.
>>
>>341888981
They don't talk about fucking villagers there. At least not my waifu.
>>
>>341887342
it's hard for me to find anyone that agrees with me on Animal Crossing.
>In what ways do you feel New Leaf is a downgrade from GC Animal Crossing?
well the whole experience of the town, characters and dialogue, the feeling of a living, breathing world I feel has been stripped from Animal Crossing. They've made the games more about customizing everything and having control over everything and less about the experience of moving out on your own and making your way in life.
New Leaf has made a bit of progress in terms of smaller features, but the problems of City Folk are still present, the world seems stagnant and isn't cohesive, it feels really disconnected and the world is more robotic and generic than before.
>>
>>341888861
Source?
>>
>>341888981
Fuck off
>>
New Leaf had bland as fuck villagers and personalities.
They don't even get mad at you if you bully them.
>>
>>341889107
>/trash/
>They don't talk about fucking villagers there
Pick one
>>
Roommates, dating, marriage, and impregnation
>>
>>341889281
I said please...
>>
>>341889413
Why does Margie have more smut than 90% of other villagers. It's a fucking elephant.
>>
>>341889757
le epic thicc meme
>>
>>341889510
fuck off retard
>>
>>341887342
Not him, but there's enough difference or added depth in moment to moment gameplay between AC and ACNL to merit the 3 sequels. Fishing and catching bugs are exactly the same. Digging for fossils is exactly the same, only identifying them is just faster. There's an additional class of creatures to catch in ACNL but it has only little more depth and no more utility than catching bugs and fish. Most of the shopping areas are compartmentalized in ACNL making them feel less unique. Some would argue that villager interaction has gotten worse since AC, where dialogue would often have bite. There are some new and interesting visitors, like the lost kitten you have to a friends town, but most of them are the same or have minor differences. Arranging furniture is almost the same, the addition of wall items and the ability to turn the camera all the way around didn't even come until ACNL.

One thing that ACNL got right though was the ability to build structures and mayoring in general. It felt like a natural extension to gardening and hopefully it becomes more robust in future games. The ability to craft and modify items was also interesting although cumbersome. Also, I hardly ever see it mentioned but the megaphone is a genius addition to the game.
>>
>>341889902
there's not* enough difference. I missed an important word there.
>>
>>341885681
More dialogue.

On the main console.
>>
File: 1343932729947.png (110 KB, 275x326) Image search: [Google]
1343932729947.png
110 KB, 275x326
I cant be the only one who wants to punch this fucking cunt in the face right?
>>
>>341889259
Pretty much all of this. Personally, it's why I like HHD, because it cuts all the pretense of the moving out on your own angle and goes full control. The two angles really just don't mesh together well in my opinion and each are unable to reach their full potential along with the other, but they work fine separately.

I want the next mainline game to focus more on making a world that feels truly alive on its own and less on the customization aspects.

>>341889757
She was a major character in the movie.
>>
>>341890163
no infact you're dissing everyone's waifu
>>
>>341890331
(meant yes but fucked up)
>>
File: Lolly-and-Stitches.jpg (106 KB, 853x752) Image search: [Google]
Lolly-and-Stitches.jpg
106 KB, 853x752
>>341889272
Some comic some nerd did. Only page of Lolly though.

Can't link his blog because spam
>>
REMOVE GRASS DEGRADATION
>>
File: 1453782683028.jpg (24 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1453782683028.jpg
24 KB, 480x360
>>341890331
Fuck off retard, that little bitch deserves it
>>
>>341890675
what did cute little porcupine girl do to you?
>>
>>341889902
The ability to build structures was in the e+ version for Gamecube.
Being the mayor didn't actually add any features, aside from the ordinances, which arguably make the game worse.

As I said in my post before, with New Leaf they gave you way more control and I think that serves as a detriment to the game. In real life you don't have control over everything, stores don't adjust their hours to suit your schedule and flowers die if you don't water them. That's reality. Animal Crossing becomes less of what it was originally when they keep adding features that turn you into a god.
>>
>>341890438
Can you at least give an artist name?
>>
I want more online options
>>
>>341891164
this guy gets it
>>
File: 1451538185316.png (10 KB, 407x416) Image search: [Google]
1451538185316.png
10 KB, 407x416
>>341891164
*with a baseball bat across her disgusting stoner slut face
FTFY
>>
File: 04.png (185 KB, 441x580) Image search: [Google]
04.png
185 KB, 441x580
Did anyone pretend one of the villages was their girlfriend/boyfriend when they were younger? Eloise was mine and might be why I have a fat fetish
>>
File: 1444350691230.png (518 KB, 937x699) Image search: [Google]
1444350691230.png
518 KB, 937x699
>animal crossing thread
>good discussion going on about the series
>furries come in and ruin it with their degeneracy
every time
>>
>>341891698
Shit tier fetish. Chubby is great, though.
>>
>>341891848
No one cares
>>
File: story of anon.jpg (60 KB, 346x440) Image search: [Google]
story of anon.jpg
60 KB, 346x440
>>341891848
>>
Grass seed.
>>
>>341891984
That's not relevant to his post you giant retard.
>>
File: 1465143293360.png (2 MB, 928x1017) Image search: [Google]
1465143293360.png
2 MB, 928x1017
>>341891848

I want grass deterioration to go. Also more in-depth interactions with villagers, more than just a handful of archetypes and phrases.
>>
>>341891848
Eh, I don't mind either, but I wish we could get more discussion going about how the games giving you more and more control ends up hurting the whole angle of starting on your own and all.

This is what spin-offs are made for.
>>
>>341890492
Who in the world thought it was a good idea after all the anger City Folk brought? It punishes you for actually playing every day since your town becomes a mud village after the first month.

>>341890909
>In real life you don't have control over everything, stores don't adjust their hours to suit your schedule and flowers die if you don't water them.
But this is a game. Not everyone can play the game every single day and there's also people who have night shifts or horrendous sleeping schedules. It allows them to play the game without compromising their life, and you are always free to ignore any of the features anyway. Even then the store hour change only adds like an hour or two at most to the total time, and the Beautiful Town ordinance just keeps plants watered if you're gone for longer than a few days, you still have to water them on your own if you're playing every day or two, and it only really prevents a whole three weeds from spawning per day.
>>
how good is the mobile verson going to be?

I wouldnt mind the microtransactions desu senpai
>>
>>341890909
>The ability to build structures was in the e+ version for Gamecube.
That's interesting, I don't even remember that. Do you mean the bridge and the statue, or was there something else you could build?

I read your post after I finished mine and I kind of agree with your sentiments. Having certain things out of your control did make the game more enjoyable, but I think the newer games still acknowledge this by at the very least not letting you be able to choose where new villagers move in (although structures made it way easier for power users to control, which I think is a downside). Also, from the very first game you were still allowed a large degree of control over the town's appearance. You could chop every tree in town if you wanted, although the game makes it clear this isn't the "right" thing to do. I do think I agree with you about ordinances though. Being "mayor" in ACNL was just a perk, but I think it would have been more balanced if there were actual responsibilities or work involved, like the player would be obligated to do dutiful, mayor-y things and the ordinances are like a reward for that. If these instances in ACNL where you outright control the game world can be changed in future games to instances where you interact with the game world in a more give and take relationship, I think that would make me happy.
>>
>>341891984
Dumb faggot.
>>
ACNL did a lot right, being able to town build is great and I was glad to be able to make buildings and shit for the town. That plus doing things like being able to work for the Cafe is nice. Streamlining purchases and shit into Re-Tail is pretty nice as well. Obviously the catalog, visiting other friends, and having homes in your streetpass lobby to take ideas from is good. Having a bit more control over your town is very nice and a welcome addition.

The problems included dialog which people have talked about (especially the town NPCs: Blathers is completely neutered, Isabelle and Digby are non-characters, and Brewster lost his personality), the shops being all relegated to the street which sucks and makes towns feel less unique, and the fact that public works projects never get done unless you bankroll them yourself which, considering how expensive they are, basically just means you're going to the Island to get some cheap cash. The Island hurts a bit too; no reason to fish all day for money. It feels like a more sterile and streamlined experience, both in good ways (being able to donate multiple items to the museum) and bad ways (Blathers no longer even bothers to talk about what you donate)

Personally I want the dialog options from AC GCN to come back, but since they removed them in Wild World I know they never will. By that I mean I really enjoyed in the first game that you could tell someone "hey give me an errand" and they'd give you a job, or say "i'm here to talk" and have a conversation. Now I can only say a generic "whats up" and hope that they give me errands to do. Sometimes I want to go out and do stuff for the town, other times I just want to chill. It's just a little quality of life thing that I appreciated.
>>
>>341892665
The enhanced Japan-only version that came out a while after the English version. Hopefully that iso gets translated sometime.
>>
File: pelio.gif (15 KB, 64x64) Image search: [Google]
pelio.gif
15 KB, 64x64
>>341891974
I know, and that's the sad part

>>341892213
Agreed, I don't know why they didn't remove "animal tracks" in New Leaf, they should just add the ability to carve your own natural paths instead.

>>341892365
I guess the store hours are a bit reasonable, but I still don't agree with the beautiful town ordinance, also the ability to disable resetti, blathers doesn't blather, etc. It just seems like they're babying everyone that has a problem with how the game works. The game was meant to be just like real life, you don't always get what you want.

>>341892665
The e+ version was japan only, and it included a lot of the same stuff you can build in New Leaf.
I agree with you on everything you said, players might not have control over where villagers move in new leaf, but I find it funny how people have gone so far as to figure out exactly how the villager system works and how to guarantee a character will move into your town. Some people even exchange money for certain villagers, it's pretty ridiculous.

>>341893060
I agree, New Leaf definitely did a good job with the town customization as far as structures, bushes, bamboo, and all the possibilities with that stuff, even if the public works projects do seem a bit underutilized.
>>
File: womens asses.jpg (28 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
womens asses.jpg
28 KB, 400x240
new AC should have 4 different terrains with different bugs and fish

at the start, rover asks you whats your favorite whatever to decide if your main town is in the desert or in the snowy mountains

you dont get locket out of living in the other areas but it acts like sims 3 when you go to egypt or france and you have a small home (or as big as the main house) that way you can get artifacts to fill up the museum and shieeet

nintendo is just a lazy piece of dead president shit now that their president is dead, it was shit before but now its just more shit
>>
>>341892213
>>341894304
Leave grass deterioration, but add the options to carve your own path and buy grass seed. Grass seeds take several days to finish growing, and walking on them might kill them similar to running through flowers.
>>
All I want is an RPG element to the game where you basically gain rep with villagers based on what you do for them. Like, do a couple of errands or answer some questions, mail some letters to Frobert and you gain rep and level up your relationship through different tiers like acquaintance, friend, best friend ect.

Then you can unlock certain public work projects based on your relationship. Like, building a small park area unlocks fitness minigames like the Gamecube game used to have on Fitness day. Each Personality trait can lead to different projects being opened up instead of it being random.
>>
File: 1428960033915.jpg (1022 KB, 1866x1434) Image search: [Google]
1428960033915.jpg
1022 KB, 1866x1434
Lately I've been considering just starting a town on Dolphin for the GCN version. This way I'll have all of my town events, tourneys, holidays, and dialogue back.
>>
What would you want to see out of a future spin-off?

Mother-esque RPG when?
>>
>>341894924
That is a exactly mechanic in the game, actually. Just not one expressed to you directly.
>>
>>341885681
They need minigames
>>
>>341895235
The first game was originally going to be an rpg before they decided to expand the real time aspect of the game instead.
>>
>>341887134
why don't they give you the option to play as an animal then
>>
>>341885681
I would love to try out New leaf, but buying a 3ds for a single game...
>>
>>341895468
2DS is like $60 refurbished
>>
>>341895468
2DS
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.