[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's /v/ opinion on Fromsoftware?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: logo_fromsoftware_400x400.png (81 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
logo_fromsoftware_400x400.png
81 KB, 400x400
What's /v/ opinion on Fromsoftware?
>>
King's Field > Dark Souls
>>
Never made a good game
>>
>>341878167
>lonely anon desperate for (You)'s
>>
>>341878265
I diSagree
>>
They have never made a game that runs an acceptable framerate
>>
>>341877969
I've been following them since the original Armored Core and I've always loved them but they tend to have bigger dreams and intentions than their talent can cash.
>>
>>341878167
>look at me guys my opinion is superior to yours!
>>
I liked Dark Souls 1, Demon Souls and Bloodborne. I don't like Dark Souls 2 or 3. I think 2 is better than 3 though, and if 2 didn't have adaptability, soul memory and that weird durability thing they had going, then I might also like that. Dark Souls 3 felt like a shameless cash grab for the sole purpose of finishing the series with fan pandering.

Out of the ones I have played, I think I liked Bloodborne the most. But Dark Souls 2 had the best online if it weren't for Soul Memory.

I haven't played their other games.
>>
They occasionaly make good games.
>>
>>341879643
They've never made a bad game
>>
>>341877969
they are the cancer killing gaming.
>>
>>341879757
How?
>>
Dodge
Roll
Slow attack

Rinse and repeat

Why hasn't anyone copied this formula and made a ps4 exclusive so they could blatantly shill said game without question ?
>>
>>341878367
30 FPS is perfectly playable, hello ((reddit)) underaged cunt
>>
>>341879816
They tried to. It was fucking terrible.
>>
>>341879707
Evergrace.
>>
>>341877969
cool ideas shit execution good dlc
>>
I hope they make a new mech game soon.
>>
They haven't made anything I've enjoyed since 6th gen.

I still think of them as one of my favorite developers, though.
>>
>>341879891
Lords of the fallen? Or do you mean a different game?
>>
>>341880973
Yeah, Lords of the Fallen.
>>
So... is not a Meta Thread?
>>
>>341879893
I like Evergrace, it's like a weird intermediary step between King's Field and Demon's Souls. And that crazy creepy soundtrack.
>>
Casuals love them
>>
>>341877969
They make some good games, but the formula has gotten just a tad, a tiiiiiiiny bit stale with DS3, so I actually really admire that they're branching out now and doing something different.

I think that DeS and DaS were important in that they communicated to other studios that gamers want games to allow you to die more and introduce mechanics that take a little bit of practice on the user's part.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.