[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So forgive me if I have been living under a rock and didn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (239 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
239 KB, 960x540
So forgive me if I have been living under a rock and didn't notice the announcement (was it at e3?!)

BUT HOLY FUCK I CAME SO HARD WHEN I SAW THIS

Anyone else?
>>
>>341876234
You'll probably get some (You)s
>>
>>341876234
I'm excited as well. I don't have a PC that can run games and being able to play this after loving the first game is awesome. Hopefully they won't have the same problems they had at the launch of the PC version
>>
>>341876535
As someone who has had the game since launch, it's not super good.
>>
>>341876234
x-com on ps3/360 was a disaster, i'd be really careful. wait for reviews on performance before buying
>>
>>341876234
Who wanted Xcom but doesn't have a PC?
>>
>>341878914
The 50 people who bought EU on console
>>
>>341878914
me
>>
>>341877130
What was so bad about it? I thought it was a great game unlike anything else available on console, really fucking difficult on classic and impossible though
>>
File: 1335224775801.jpg (27 KB, 290x350) Image search: [Google]
1335224775801.jpg
27 KB, 290x350
>PC "games"
>>
>>341876535
It has problems but I thought it was just as good as the first
>>
>>341879346
it was bugged as hell, even more than the pc version. firaxis is a prodigy at making broken games
>>
>console fags don't care about PC games coming to consoles
>PC fags rejoice whenever a console game gets ported to PC
Really makes you think
>>
>>341876234
>Before Alien Hunters: Base game
...Ehhh...It's doing a few things better then XCOM:EU/EW, but it feels lacking...
>Before Alien Hunters: With Mods
YES, YES, YES!
>After Alien Hunters: With or without mods
...I am no longer able to enjoy anything in life...

Holy. Fucking. Shit. A single DLC broke all concept of 'balance' in this game, and that's just sad. I'm hoping they ether tone down, or null the insanity of Rulers able to act on ANY FUCKING ACTION YOU TAKE, EVERY TIME YOU TAKE AN ACTION.

Rulers pretty much turn the game into "I should not do anything that isn't an attack." as otherwise it will just move onto your team doing your turn and turn them to dust WHILE YOU'RE STILL TRYING TO DO THINGS LIKE MAYBE FLANK IT BUT THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE ANYWAY.
Fuck. That. DLC.
>>
>>341880441
Now this is podracing.
>>
>>341880290
There was a lot of console butthurt when XCOM2 was announced to be PC exclusive at launch
>>
>>341880441
I lost interest after XCOM2 was another RNG roulette, this seems like another tacked on "magnificent design" to hide glaring flaws.
I have the feeling /xcg/ still licks Firaxis ass?
>>
Consoles always win. Always.
>>
File: phoenixpoint05.jpg (88 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
phoenixpoint05.jpg
88 KB, 620x349
>>341881708
btw there's a new 'x-com' coming, from the creator of x-com

hopefully it'll be better than firaxis' mess
>>
>>341876234
Oh cool. Cause why would we continue supporting the PC port when we can work on a shitty console port and support that instead. Fuck our real fan base am I right guys? People with consoles totally deserve our game more.
I'm literally never buying another xcom game again. You guys need to learn you can have everything and just stop fucking up OUR games
>>
>>341881708
Define that a bit more.

>Does the general about a game series still play that game series to death, primarily the newest installment?
Yes.
>Do they defend Firaxis DLC's for XCOM 2?
Doesn't seem like it, a few do, but general is that it's better without and to just use mods for everything else.
>>
>>341880441
Yeah the rulers free moves are stupid as fuck. Literally anything that costs an action give them a free move. So your guy is hurt and needs to be healed? Tough shit kiddo, that aint gonna do anything when using the medkit costs a move so the Ruler just gets to shoot you for free. God forbid you need to move and use the medkit. It's really retarded, you literally have to stand completely still and just take shots and hope for RNG.

But, thank god for PC modding.
>>
Great, now I can finally buy the game, because I refuse to buy anything on PC. I had a blast with the game and I really cannot recommend the game enough for console gamers.
>>
>>341882756
oh thank god. Wasn't a reboot to the original xcom released a few years ago? It was done in like 50's futuristic style or something. But they never updated the UI or some of the other super clunky parts about Enemy Unknown
>>
I really wanted to like this game but it's not good. Even ignoring the issues it has on PC like the shit performance there's just so many bad design decisions. And a lot of it is just carried over from the initial reboot.

I don't mind the RNG like other people but while I initially was open minded about removing time units they are necessary for attack variety, which this game has none of. Just with a normal weapon the only thing you can do is a standard attack, there's no snap shot, auto shot, etc.

I absolutely hate the layout of the game too, the way the stuff outside the combat progresses and all that stuff. Having classes is completely retarded as well. Still not having projectiles and free aim is another thing. I've got quite a bit of smaller nitpicky issues too but overall it was a complete waste of $60 for me.

Hopefully some of the other turn based strategy games coming out in the next couple years are good.

>>341882756
I'll look this one up, thanks.

>>341883519
There was Xenonauts if that's what you're talking about. Yeah, it wasn't that great either. Maybe Xenonauts 2 will be better. Honestly I want people to start basing their games off of X-COM Apocalypse since that's my favorite, rather than just copying the original game.
>>
>>341876234
who would be stupid enough to play it on consoles with slow controls and no mods?
>>
I pirated it on PC. Might buy it on PS4 to get a disk and case. having a consisent framerate will be nice too

I really dig this game.
>>
>>341883932
>he thinks it'll have a consistent framerate on PS4

wew lad
>>
File: phoenix_point_screen.jpg (144 KB, 990x557) Image search: [Google]
phoenix_point_screen.jpg
144 KB, 990x557
>>341883519
>>341883710
there's not a whole lot of info, it was just announced.

name's Phoenix Point
>>
>>341883932
>consisent framerate
Like the console version of the last game right?
>>
Honestly 2 was a fucking mess. The DLC made it even worse game felt like darkest dungeon and that was not a good thing. /xcg/ was also a shitholwle since they were in full damage control mode since the game was a mess with hotfixs. Mods didn't even help with most of the problems the game had

Tldr:Wasted potential/ Biggest fall from grace
>>
>>341884146
Does it have time units and not the shitty 2-3 point system XCOM 2 and other games are using now? I'm reading about it now and the way it combines different animals procedually for enemies is pretty cool.
>>
>>341882819
Lmao what a butthurt loser
>>
I really liked the first reboot.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.