[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it worth to play this? Never played console shooter before,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: destiny[1].jpg (77 KB, 400x465) Image search: [Google]
destiny[1].jpg
77 KB, 400x465
Is it worth to play this? Never played console shooter before, and I kinda like the setting.
>>
>>341874918
It's depth is more shallow than a small puddle of water. Unless you're into things like MMO grinding, questing and raiding. And enjoy FPSes then it's alright.
>>
>>341874918
Yes it's good, don't listen to the memers.
>>
>>341875238
How about PvP?
You're not trying to mememe, right?
>>
>>341875345
I don't really play PvP, just not my thing. But it looks and feels like Halo PvP to me.

And no, I genuinely enjoyed this game, especially TTK, like the other anon said, it does have a little bit of grinding but only if you want the end game raid stuff. I just played through the campaign with three different characters, did some grinding for Exotic stuff, and it was pretty fun.
>>
>>341874918
Really good if you like shooters with rpv elements. It can get a bit tired after you reach 40 unless you love farming and grinding for or legendaries but other than that it's alot of fun even solo. Wish it were on pc, it's perfect for it.

The aim assist is pretty high though and it can't be changed or turned off so i wont recommend sniping because other targets in the line of fire will mess up the shot.

Controllers need a new technology that doesn't require a cheat in order to be accurate. But other than those minor thknga, it's pretty fun. Looks good on ps4 too.
>>
>>341874918
If you have friends and or are willing to lfg with people end game is a lot of fun. The regular campaign is mostly forgettable. The gun play on the game is its strong point
>>
From what I've heard, it started off super shallow and bad but it's received a lot more content since it's release and is pretty damn fun now.

I don't know whether the new content is free or not though.
>>
>>341874918

It's a console MMO without much content. Basically lots and lots of grinding the same shit over and over again.

It's gameplay isn't actually bad (though they play it too safe so classes all feel too similar). But it's just ruined by having absolutely no worthwhile content to play through.
>>
>>341876101
It's not halo pvp. People spawn with their weapons and there in't any rush for power weapons necessarily.
>>
>>341876781
>there in't any rush for power weapons necessarily.

>what is special and heavy ammo
>>
>>341877330
>what is halo multiplayer
>>
>>341877971
>what is destiny multiplayer
>>
>>341878079
>what
>>
>>341879308
>
>>
Dont buy it for full price.

Go to memestop and see if their used games bin has The Taken King in it. My local EB Games (maple GameStop) has both vanilla destiny and ttk for less than $20.

That said, it has a LOT of content. The pvp is fun once you figure out your niche.
>>
File: 1443546128291.jpg (408 KB, 1000x562) Image search: [Google]
1443546128291.jpg
408 KB, 1000x562
>>341874918
Generally speaking NO, unless you specifically want a time sink grind game, which it sounds you don't, if you're in it for the setting and immersion.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.