[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How hardcore are you, really?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1349454607485.jpg (31 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
1349454607485.jpg
31 KB, 500x334
How many of these things do you do in games?

>play on the hardest difficulty setting
>play with Iron Man mode on if possible
>restart level / mission whenever you die in a level-based checkpoint enabled game
>restart entire game whenever you see Game Over / Continue? screen in an arcade game
>refrain from EVER save scumming unless it's due to some complete bullshit glitch
>refrain from EVER looking up a walkthrough or getting help from a friend / stranger online
>refrain from using healing items at all in a level-based game
>enjoy a game more the more times you lose in it

If you aren't doing all of them, I have news for you... you're a neohardcore shitter.
>>
>>341874635
I don't even play video games
>>
>>341874635
I'm just playing games. You can go to reddit with your nu-male wannabe elitism.
>>
Cute piggy. Post more
>>
>>341874635

Always

This too

>restart level / mission whenever you die in a level-based checkpoint enabled game

>dying

>restart entire game whenever you see Game Over / Continue? screen in an arcade game

>failing

>refrain from EVER save scumming unless it's due to some complete bullshit glitch

Most games with awful RNG I play auto-save after everything

>refrain from EVER looking up a walkthrough or getting help from a friend / stranger online

>being a millenial

I always keep all healing items on me in case I ever REALLY need them (never)

Considering I love skill based games which challenge you to obtain a reward instead of just handing them over like pity prizes, yes I do this
>>
>>341874635
>>play on the hardest difficulty setting
I try to play games on the difficulty setting intended by the devs. Generally harder settings are just more enemy HP/damage and don't really add any difficulty.

>>play with Iron Man mode on if possible
permadeath? sometimes. Generally i've found that permadeath in games just leads me to maximise my survivability and then I ignore it because nothing can kill me

>>restart level / mission whenever you die in a level-based checkpoint enabled game
this depends on whether I was going for the no-death/high-score run or whatever

>>restart entire game whenever you see Game Over / Continue? screen in an arcade game
see above

>>refrain from EVER save scumming unless it's due to some complete bullshit glitch
nah I savescummed the fuck out of XCOM2 because I had no idea how often I was going to get bullshitted to death by Dodge: Grazed

>>refrain from EVER looking up a walkthrough or getting help from a friend / stranger online
Usually, excepting games like Dark Souls where communication across games is intended via messages

>>refrain from using healing items at all in a level-based game
I end every game with 99 potions

>>enjoy a game more the more times you lose in it
this isn't being hardcore, this is wacko masochism. Losing can be fun but if I enjoyed losing I'd just lose intentionally, which is the opposite of being hardcore
>>
>>341874635
99% of the times, unless the difficulty outright admits it cheats

Never the first time, only after multiple playthroughs

Sometimes I do it when I take damage or get spotted

Yep, I make a new save at the start of each area and don't do mid-level saves, I always find a comfy spot to save

I look up a walkthrough or guide after I'm done with the level I played to see if I missed anything

That's just retarded

To a certain extent, yeah

Whatever you label me is irrelevant, it's how I have fun playing vidya.
>>
File: large.jpg (32 KB, 500x330) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
32 KB, 500x330
>>341875534
>this isn't being hardcore, this is wacko masochism. Losing can be fun but if I enjoyed losing I'd just lose intentionally, which is the opposite of being hardcore
So much you don't understand.
>>
>>341876191
>So much you don't understand.
being hardcore is overcoming despite adversity

intentionally losing necessarily omits that. It's hardcore to try, but fail - it is not hardcore never to try at all
>>
>>341874635
I mostly play pokemon.
>>
>>341876775
>being hardcore is overcoming despite adversity
Because of adversity, you mean. There's no point in playing a game that you can win at consistently. The harder it is to win, the more reason you have to play.
>>
>>341874635
I always play on normal unless I'm doing another playthrough, and I prefer when a game doesn't let you choose a difficulty. I don't get anything out of going into a game blind with enemies that are pumped with health and damage.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.