[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news /archive/2016/06/17/m
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 9
>http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2016/06/17/monolith-is-helping-work-on-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild.aspx

>Over 100 Monolith Soft employees are helping with work on The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

where were you when Nintendo saved gaming?
>>
All these people, and it still looks and runs like shit.
>>
>>341873059
>Over 100 Monolith Soft employees are helping with work on The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.
That explains a lot. They really are great at designing overworlds.
>>
>>341873059
>100 Monolith Soft employees that could be working on the next Xenoblade are working on Zelda
>The next Xenoblade game will be ANOTHER Monolith Soft game released in the last year or so of a consoles life

It's not fair lads
>>
Oh wow.

My brain got fucked because at first I thought they were talking about the FEAR and Condemned people.
>>
File: 1465121141021.gif (130 KB, 450x400) Image search: [Google]
1465121141021.gif
130 KB, 450x400
>>341873059
>>
File: 1444347543332.png (297 KB, 764x1058) Image search: [Google]
1444347543332.png
297 KB, 764x1058
>>341873421
das some edgy bait mane
>>
>>341873059
seems like too many cooks spoiled the broth
>>
>>341873059
>>Over 100 Monolith Soft employees are helping with work on The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.
So they no game on their own? Looks like the NX will have no games too.
>>
>>341875034
They JUST finished working on a game that took 5+ years to make.
>>
>>341875034
probably very early stages
>>
>>341873059
What washed out rubbish is this?
>>
File: Smart bokoblins.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Smart bokoblins.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>
>>341874810
It takes a lot to make a stew.
>>
The color palette is garbage, I hate that washed out puke green look, I hope there are different looking zones you spend a lot of time in.
>>
Xenoblade Chronicles X was a massive disappointment.
>>
>>341875275

it's the stream quality, go watch offscreen gameplay
>>
>>341875379

see >>341875516
>>
>>341875368
Not if you do the cooking by the book
>>
Considering how good Xenoblade X looked I hope they manage to make BotW look just as good.
>>
File: lol.jpg (102 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
102 KB, 1280x720
>monolith

zelda is fucked.
>>
>>341875460
>>341875812
This

>garbage tier story
>terrible voice acting
>awful pacing
>braindead grinding quests
>bad ending with a fucking cliffhanger

I hope they only work on the visuals since even the music in X was questionable
>>
Monolith worked on ALBW. I think Skyward Sword aswell, might be BrownieBrown though.
>>
>>341873059
So the game is going to run and look like shit. Great.
>>
I for one can't wait for this excellent looking single player MMO
>>
>>341876098
>look like shit
I think it X looked pretty damn good. The environments, at least. Pic related

>run like shit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaYfIdZ-_a0
>>
File: 1466204006535.png (2 MB, 1024x1122) Image search: [Google]
1466204006535.png
2 MB, 1024x1122
>Nintendo
>>
>>341876624
>Getting mad at a company for making fun of the time /v/ got really stupid
>>
>>341876467
Xenoblade X had long load times that took forever, plenty of glitches and absolutely atrocious amounts of pop-in.
>>
>>341875812
>Not wanting a scantily clad Saria

u gay or something?
>>
>>341876839
>xenoblade chronicles x
>loading times
How to spot someone who hasn't played the game or never played it with the packs
>>
You mean Monolith?
>>
>>341877575
I shouldn't have to download packs that are bigger than the amount of storage on a Wii U just to have my games not have major problems.
>>
>>341876624
>Thinking every joke about the -gate suffix is a Gamergate reference
>>
I like that you can get a variety of weapons in the game, but am I the only one who thought they seemed to break too easily? Maybe it was just because they were early weak weapons.
>>
>>341877780
>FIVE fun GUYS
>Ruin my career
>Shufflegate: exposed
>>
>>341877841
Yeah, but there's crafting and lots of enemy loot in the game so I'm hoping you can reinforce your weapons or create new ones
>>
Boring as fuck open world games, no idea how people are looking forward to this shit
>>
>>341873059
WHAT THE FUCK NINTENDO

LET THEM MAKE XCX 2
>>
>>341878017
>FIVE fun GUYS
It's a pun about Fungi. You're overthinking.

>Ruin my career
That's not exclusive to Gamergate.

>Shufflegate: Exposed
I just looked and there wasn't a headline like that for Gamergate, so I fail to see how it's specific to that as opposed to just the generic "thing"-gate that has been used for the past 4 decades.
>>
File: 133439_msnap_gen006.jpg (1 MB, 2733x2155) Image search: [Google]
133439_msnap_gen006.jpg
1 MB, 2733x2155
>>341876467
Fuck I'm retarded

>>341876839
>long load times
They were noticeable, but I've seen worse. Deus Ex and Tropical Freeze probably have worse load times just on the Wii U, which are far less justified then X's load times.

>plenty of glitches
Examples? I can't really think of anything off the top of my head, unless you just mean shit like party members falling off cliffs during battle sometimes.

>atrocious amounts of pop-in
I'll give you this, but its bearable for the most part outside of NLA

Honestly, I don't think its really fair to attack X for its pop-in and load times. Considering that its on dated hardware with no option to install the game on a hard drive (outside of the data packs, atleast), what Monolith Soft managed is impressive, no matter how you look at it. And the fact that the game, despite all the technical limitations, still manages to have some of the best draw distances of any game just makes it more impressive.
>>
>>341878438

Because open worlds are fun. Plus, it's got Zelda dungeons. It's going to fucking be awesome.
>>
>>341873059
Excelent that means Takahashi doesn't have a big team to make garbage open worlds and will be forced to make a proper Xeno game again
>>
>>341878832
>Examples?
The biggest one that stands out in my mind is the Skell you're controlling suddenly getting stuck flying on it's back facing up and being stuck like that for the rest of the battle. It happened in at least half the battles and was pretty much guaranteed in longer fights like boss battles.
>>
Anyone else pick up a vague Monster Hunter vibe from the game? Obviously there were no huge monsters, but everything else about it.
>>
>>341873059
Nice. But I really hope that they can fix the draw distance and textures before release, at least for the NX version
>>
>>341879109
I dont think its possible on the wii u's hardware but maybe for the nx
>>
>>341873059
That's one big basket to put your eggs in.

It's also a great idea, because the rockstar model proven works. Make a shit game where YOU CAN DO ANYTHING, normoes buy it up, then stop playing after the first week.

Couple that with the starved Nintendo audience, and you can't lose. Even if it's a 50 on metacritic, but won't be, because of all the fanboi critics.
>>
>>341873059
>where were you when Nintendo saved gaming?
I think what you must've meant is "where were you when Monolith Soft saved Nintendo".
>>
>>341877053
it will just be censored in the west
>>
>>341879564
Could you possibly be any more butthurt lol
>>
>>341879564
It's like nintendo's very own Bloodborn, except zelda seems like it might be halfway decent.
>>
>>341875460
for you maybe
>>
Did they show off any more Epona in the E3 gameplay?
>>
>>341879082
Your skell orbits the target point.
>>
>>341880673
Hey man, I'm hype for BotW too but Bloodborne was great.
>>
>>341875912
>>341875460
>garbage tier story
The main story was lacklustre, but one could say that the meat and focus of the game was in the side stories.

>terrible voice acting
The voice acting was fine. It wasn't amazing but it wasn't bad, either, although I know you love to swear by the old IGN rating system.

>awful pacing
The pacing is what you make of it. It's an open world game.

>braindead grinding quests
The quest board quests were side stuff you could do as you explore and by no means were you expected to focus on them. Simply playing the game would typically get you more than enough stuff for side quests.

>cliffhanger
Sequel hook, not cliffhanger. That story was done, it's just that there were loose ends is all. We've already gone over that the main story was lacklustre. In fact, if there WAS no main story, the game would get better reception overall for its side stories I feel.

None of these are the REAL flaws of the game.
>no sound mixing options
>skells are a clusterfuck visually when you fully load them up
>they have the slow ass XBC combat system without any of the nuances like skills or talent arts, and their overdrive is RNG dogshit, plus there's no meaningful art synergy when you can just plug and play all your arts on RNG-stats equipment
>skells fly automatically the moment you jump instead of triggering it whilst airborne
>Don't Worry plays automatically every single time you jump, cutting off environmental music straight up and restarting it from the beginning when you land, instead of Don't Worry playing when you get REALLY HIGH UP
>NLA didn't have enough music tracks, it'd be more bearable if there were bare minumum three day and three night tracks, and that time would pass while you were in menus in town, so you could go shopping for shit and not be stuck with UH UH YEAH for an hour straight
>>
>>341882641
What a perfectly reasonable opinion.

Get out.
>>
>>341876467
Funny how they mention the shadows. It could be said that shadows not moving as the time of day changes is representative of Mira as a phenomenon, given how the sun and moons in the sky don't really move either. They just fade in and out. And yet, the Manon say that "the space outside of Mira is really small", in that Space as a phenomenon entirely ceases to exist a small range outside of Mira, further than any moon or sun could be as depicted in the sky, so... perhaps the whole skyline, the stars, the sun and moon are all effectively artificial phenomena unique to the planet?
>>
>>341875034
Monolith regularly help out on other projects.
Even if you're working on in-house projects it's hard to enlist your full work force. And instead of leaving them idle, you can make a lot of money by offering your services to others in the meantime.

This is far from unique. And should have no negative impact on Monolith Soft making their own games.
>>
>>341876764
>doing the right thing for the industry and forcing out / exposing hacks that are polluting it with idealogue-driven low-quality zero-depth schlock, whether "news" or "games", that will drive us to another industry crash because standards are slowly being eroded
>stupid

Just because you don't want to get involved with any of it on any side, and pretend the world around you isn't turning, doesn't mean it's stupid for others to decide to do something about it, froggy.
>>
>>341881739
I don't actually think "Epona" is in the game at all.
>>
>>341875912
>>terrible voice acting
The Japanese voice acting is great.
>>
>>341884964
In last year's shitty demo, Miyamoto and Aonuma specifically say "Epona."
>>
>>341878520
Monolith Soft has been working on Zelda games for a while now. They did Skyward Sword, for instance.

Also XCX wasn't just an experiment in HD open world development for Monolith Soft, it was probably so that they could make design notes and all that good stuff for future Nintendo open world action adventure games like Zelda U/NX.

In fact, I'm convinced that the reason Zelda U got delayed for so long is so that Monolith Soft could do XCX and get experience in the field, then later work on Zelda U/NX's overworld and other areas of its design, while Aonuma and the other dude could get the Zelda team to work on basic gameplay mechanics and the shrines and shit like that then pair those up with Monolith Soft's world design.
>>
>>341884964
>>341881739
>>341885079
You can mount just about any horse, but I think a specific horse you can summon (Epona) will be something you can acquire later on.
>>
>>341875812
>>341875912
You realize they're just code monkeys for the overworld?
They're not writing it or doing any of the character models.
>>
>>341884937
go back to 8gag
>>
>>341885791
Isn't that just a funny image sharing site?
Oh, nevermind, it's a way of insulting the other chan. Gotcha.

No. I don't use that place because their /v/ has basically forced tripcodes for every unique IP in a thread, even if you get a different code in each thread. I don't like the reduction of anonymity. Plus the place is slow as hell, even if it does have less shitposting on average.
>>
>>341879852
Nintendo owns Monolith Soft. So it's "where were you when Nintendo saved Nintendo".
>>
This is sort of sad. Do the nintendo people really not know what they're doing?
>>
File: 1448661729220.png (32 KB, 736x864) Image search: [Google]
1448661729220.png
32 KB, 736x864
>>341873421

you are too obvious
>>
>>341873059
whats the name of that cute girl in the top right corner? I want her to sit on my face
>>
>>341875368
A pinch of salt and a laughter too!
>>
>>341886786
Nintendo has lived in little bubbles for years, where at first they lucked out and were masters of making games, due to being the only real supplier of modern gaming hardware.

Then Sega happened, and other devs started wising up to what sells and what does (sans the Mascot Wars), and even began developing their own styles of gameplay.

There's a reason third party devs state that Nintendo players buy Nintendo consoles just to play Nintendo games, since that's the only thing Nintendo has going for them at this point. They underpower their hardware to turn a bigger profit margin, which results in issues porting to their systems, and that means their machines are stuck as an after thought. That's the big reason mobile is booming, since developers can create for a broad range of hardware and rake in all those sales to recoup the investment.

Nintendo needs to just copy Sony at this point, and have cross-buy on VC games and a unified account system, realize gamers want regular controllers to play games with and sell the gimmicks as added accessories. Someone can buy a Xbox or Playstation and have it as their core console for an entire generation, while Nintendo is its own thing. I'd love to be able to play Final Fantasy and all those weeb games on my Wii U, instead of just having to settle for Xenoblades and Tokyo Mirage as the two token JRPGs for the system. Hell, it would be nice to know that games like GTA and Watch Dog or Just Cause 3 were there to play. But they aren't, since Nintendo is that disconnected from the rest of the industry, and that's pretty bad.
>>
File: 1465386633222.jpg (25 KB, 680x513) Image search: [Google]
1465386633222.jpg
25 KB, 680x513
>>341875460
You were a massive disappointment
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.