[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will it kill Hearthstone?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5
File: gwent176u1x.png (609 KB, 1038x664) Image search: [Google]
gwent176u1x.png
609 KB, 1038x664
Will it kill Hearthstone?
>>
>>341872101
no, but it will be a lot better
>>
>>341873341
what this guy said.
>>
>>341872101
No and that's fine
>>
>can play on my xbox
just because of that I will play it.
>>
No, it's an entirely different game not even comparable beyond 'it has cards'.

Also it's not on tablets/phones.
>>
>>341872101
Really love how a shitty cardgame spinoff will offer better gameplay than every Witcher game combined...
>>
I was literally talking to my friend how i'd enjoy a gwent game.

Really hate TCG's and there ridiculous levels of convolution, but i really enjoyed Gwent i liked the 10 card limit and thought it was pretty simple but with okayish depth to play casually
>>
>>341873830
it is gonna be on tablets and phones iirc.
And also, it is comparable in other ways. Both have a focus on card values.
>>
>>341874041

>it is gonna be on tablets and phones iirc.

Nah they said it isn't currently planned they're looking to get the PC and console versions out first.
>>
>>341872101
Do you have to buy booster cards?
>>
>>341873341
This.
>>
>>341872101
Kinda pissed it's going to be a microtransactionfest.

Not what I wanted.

But hey it seems to make these companies a stupid amount of money I guess, so whatever. I just won't play it.
>>
>>341872101
>Will it kill Hearthstone?
lol
>>
Knowing witcherfags they will do a complete 180 if it doesn't get any goty awards
>>
how can you kill that which has no life?
>>
>>341873341
it'll be just as casual as hearthstone
gwent isn't exactly a deep game, so unles they change the mechanics drastically from what's in the game it's going to be just as shallow
>>
>>341872101
No, and it doesn't need to. Not every game needs to "kill" another game.
>>
>>341872101
Absolutely not. Hopefully it'll be a lot more fun tho
>>
>>341875045
They will probably change it a bit.
I just have more faith in the overall competence of CDPR than the overall competence of blizzard.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1466181025434.jpg (44 KB, 466x556) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1466181025434.jpg
44 KB, 466x556
>>341873885
>>
will it stay as short as proto-gwent or will it be like, a best of 5?
>>
>>341872101
No, because it's a different game that tries to move away from the attack/hp cardgame paradigm we've been getting since MtG.
>>
>>341874604
>Kinda pissed it's going to be a microtransactionfest.
How would it work otherwise? DLC fest?
>>
>>341874604
They literally said "at no point do we want people to think they've hit a wall where they feel like they have to spend real money"
>>
File: hex1.jpg (64 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
hex1.jpg
64 KB, 640x360
>>341872101

Not until you have a million people who stream it all day every day day like Hearthstone does.

Also, Hex is the superior digital card game. It's basically Magic the Gathering for the most part.
>>
>>341877171
A one time purchase with expansions for other card sets.
>>
>>341879543
that isn't appealing for most people.
>>
>>341874128
They said it's going to be F2P, so the model is probably going to be like other card games where you can either grind for cards or just pay for them to skip it.
>>
>>341872101

gwent is such a shit attempt at a card game. i have no clue why anyone likes it
>>
>>341879995
It would probably be more appealing for most people on /v/, but /v/ definitely isn't most people. You're right that this is the financially smart thing for CDPR to do whether we like it or not.

I'll be okay with it if they do something like Astral Heroes, where there aren't any rare/legendary cards so grinding is actually a perfectly viable way to eventually make a good deck if you're patient.
>>
>>341872101

If it's the same as the minigame in Witcher 3, I doubt it. That game was so shit I tried it once and never bothered again.
>>
>>341875045
The weather buff and card summoning already changed the game quite a bit. We've also seen non-spy cards that can cause a card draw. Plus they've added new properties.

All they can really do is finish ripping off the game they originally ripped off for gwent and add the land control meta.
>>
>>341880662
Nah, I don't have the money to buy an expansion, I have the time to grind a few cards, and I appreciate the sense of progression.
>>
File: 134857439345.gif (2 MB, 300x162) Image search: [Google]
134857439345.gif
2 MB, 300x162
BETA KEYS WHEN
>>
>>341872101
Not at all. But personally for me yeah. Gwent always seemed like the perfect morning coffee game.
>>
So when are people going to stop asking ridiculous shit like will so and so kill this blizzard game with an obscene amount of people playing it daily?

Have people not figured it out yet that Blizzard only kills Blizzard?
>>
>>341880784

Yeah they've added a fair amount of new things just going by the one gameplay video I've seen. New forms of removal, more buff/debuff properties and things like cards that get boosted by weather instead of penalties.
>>
>>341874106
They have said more than once that the game will be on tablets and phones eventually.
>>
>>341880845
That's why I said most of /v/. There are a lot more people on /v/ than just you.
>>
>>341880859
September.

Remember how when the game was announced, every announcement said beta testing would start in September? And how when you signed up for the beta, it said that the beta testing would begin in September?

That meant that the beta testing will begin in September.
>>
The reason I liked Gwent was the cozy factor of traveling around and improving my decks.

I don't think I'll enjoy the game much in distilled form.
>>
>>341881312
FUCK MAN IM STUPID AS SHIT BUT WHY DO I GOTTA WAIT SO LONG FOR THAT SHIT DOE
>>
>>341881356
The traveling was just annoying for me. I kept wishing there was a way I could just play as many opponents as I desired to keep building my deck whenever I wanted to. So this game is pretty much a godsend for me.
>>
>>341875045
Possibly, but I'm more interested in gaming more than just token SP content according to what they've said so far.

> Competitive play is grouped by skill tiers that players can climb or descend based on their performance while in the groupings. Beyond head-to-head play, CD Projekt Red is fleshing out the experience with offline, 10-hour campaigns for each of the four decks (Northern Realms, Scoia'tel, Skellige, and Monsters) complete with top-down maps to explore and untold stories starring both new and well-known characters from the universe. The stories play out in fully voiced comic book style cutscenes. As with any Witcher game, choice and consequences play a role in the adventures.
>>
>>341872101
It won't kill Hearthstone. The question is will it actually evolve the formula used in TW3 or not. If it does it could be a very lucrative side franchise for CDPR. Otherwise it just goes in the trash with all the other card games.
>>
>>341872101

NAh because Blizzdrones are fucking autistic

Even if a company would release a game better, cheaper and more complex Blizzdrones would still love their P2W bullshit Heartstone
>>
>>341880667
>the starting deck is garbage with no fun cards and you don't know the rules yet
>brush off the whole thing as shit immediately
Never change /v/
>>
>>341881823
>if a company would release a game better, cheaper and more complex

Duelyst already exists.
>>
>>341882002
>replying to useless tripfaggots
>>
>>341881656
>CD Projekt Red is fleshing out the experience with offline, 10-hour campaigns for each of the four decks (Northern Realms, Scoia'tel, Skellige, and Monsters) complete with top-down maps to explore and untold stories starring both new and well-known characters from the universe.

I'll believe it when I see it. Sounds to good to be true.
>>
They need to heavily modify the game if they want a chance of it becoming competitive. Firstly, by increasing the amount of rounds per game.
>>
>>341882282
Why would they do interviews talking about it, only to cut it from the game when the beta starts in three months?
>>
>>341882415
well yeah, I don't think they'll keep the literally less than a minute long game format.
>>
>>341882421
To raise interest and hype.

Removing it won't have any backlash anyway because fanatic fanboys will find a way to spin it as a positive anyway.
>>
>>341882981
By that logic they wouldn't need to have singleplayer at all because the fanboys would support it either way.
>>
>>341878824
but with Jews. lots of JEWS.
>>
File: chronicle-1.jpg (912 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
chronicle-1.jpg
912 KB, 2560x1440
Anyone here that tried RS: Legends?
>>
>>341872101
When Blizzard dominates a niche or genre in the gaming market it grows out roots, clenches it with it's ass cheeks and teeth and doesn't let go no matter what.
Many better MMOs have come and gone, and not one was a WOW killer.
Diablo games reign supreme in the isometric RPG left click simulator genre.
Overwatch is set to thin out both the online FPS and the MOBA crowd.
Starcraft is the only big name in RTS at the moment. While arguably better franchises have been killed off, thank you EA, you fucking cunts.
Hearthstone has pretty much fucked over magic the gathering and cemented itself, CDPR and Bethesda stand no chance even if they make better games.
Blizzard only flopped with HOTS because they were way too late for the show and let Valve and Rito rip off a couple of mods for their RTS titles. HOTS is a great game imo, but it entered an already stagnant market dominated by LOL with DOTA 2 competing with full force. The death of HON should have told them to back off.
RTS IS A DEAD GENRE AND I WILL NEVER GET WC4, FUCK WOW, AND FUCK SC2
>>
>>341884551
I played it for a week or so but found that games got way too samey. The interaction that makes card games fun and each round diverse just isn't there. Also it might look like there is less RNG since you make your own route, but that isn't so.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.