[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just started playing this, when does it get good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: Bioshock_2_boxart.jpg (71 KB, 499x513) Image search: [Google]
Bioshock_2_boxart.jpg
71 KB, 499x513
Just started playing this, when does it get good?
>>
immediately
>>
after about 35 seconds
>>
When you get some decent drill upgrades and minimize the resources it uses.

Then you just run around beating the shit out of everything with a drill that freezes people.
>>
File: 1462384848585.jpg (10 KB, 285x287) Image search: [Google]
1462384848585.jpg
10 KB, 285x287
>>341869161
This
>>
When you got the drill
>>
God damn its so satisfying defending little sisters by ramming a fuck huge drill up a splicers peehole
i might need to play that game again
also that level later when you see the world from the girls' perspective
10/10 game
>>
It doesnt
BioShock is the most overrated FPS"RPG"
Just play system shock
>>
>>341869091
Bout the time you
>Git gud
>>
>>341869091
When you eject it and put in the first one. Second is fantastic as well, but the first will always be the best.
>>
>>341869704

He said he wanted to play a good game, not an antiquated turd.
>>
Bioshock 2 is the best Bioshock to be honest with you family
>>
Finishing playing Bioshock 1, never got around to it. Gonna replay Bioshock 2 right after senpai
>>
>>341869161
This.

It gets super FUN when you learn the charge attack for your drill. Enjoy playing as a Gurren Lagann from that point on!
>>
>>341870439
Where you at in the game homie? Fort frolic and the garden place are my personal favorite areas
>>
File: yes this expands whipfist.jpg (52 KB, 719x571) Image search: [Google]
yes this expands whipfist.jpg
52 KB, 719x571
>>341869091
When you get the tonic that reduces Eve usage but can only use plasmids and the drill.
>>
>>341870558
Think I'm about to reach end game. Just got to Point Prometheus. I liked Arcadia (the garden place) a lot tho
>>
>>341870558
No the same anon but no other game has scratched my itch like Bioshock has. Just like you my favourite levels are Fort Frolic and Arcadia. something about walking around a town, looking at the businesses, listening to audio diaries is what keeps me coming back.
>>
File: 1464531828592.png (1 MB, 1600x1105) Image search: [Google]
1464531828592.png
1 MB, 1600x1105
>>341870921
>Use eveyr drill tonic
>Use every turret tonic
>mfw i don't even need to use any plasmid, just use my eve to summon elite turrets and repair them while i drill my way out.

I hate 2K Australia to make the combat so good that i can't go back to Bio1 because it's seems more like a chore than a fun experience.
RIP 2k Australia.
>>
>>341870254

Not that anon, but I'm playing SS 2 for the first time right now and am loving it.

What don't you like about it?
>>
Why are the ending levels such a letdown?
I hated that turn into a little sister bullshit and the ending clusterfuck.
I really enjoyed all the early parts of the game.
>>
>>341871382
>tfw no open world rapture set at the beginning of the civil war game
Just arc off of bioshocks 2s multiplayer. Make your own dude and pick a "house". Can buy better ones and more plasmids and shit. Single player with multiplayer battles
>>
>>341871737
Nothing Systemshock 2 is a masterpiece. Frankly they diluted the gameplay elements in all games since.
>>
I'm glad with the dlc they tied up everything with Rapture instead of milking it for a dozen games. infinite can go fuck itself
>>
File: 1418682790424.jpg (298 KB, 1748x820) Image search: [Google]
1418682790424.jpg
298 KB, 1748x820
>Daddy!
>>
>>341869091
When you get the dash thing
>>
I have such a weird history with Bioshock. I've have it practically since release on Xbox 360. I played several hours of it, then quit. Then like eight years later, I get it for PC and play from start to finish. I have no idea why I didn't complete it back then, shouldn't it have been the most amazing shit ever?

Now I fucked up again. I started Bioshock 2 right away and while it was a fantastic game, it was way too similar to Bioshock 1 to play it right after so I quit after 8 hours. Now I've reformatted my computer since and of course, it doesn't have Steam cloud so I forgot.

I'll probably start it from scratch again. Maybe soon, I'm bored with no games to play.
>>
>>341871786
This. I'd be happy with a "game" where you just walk around every part of Rapture, just see day to day life as a created character and see it slowly decay.
>>
>>341869091
it's worse than infinite, just skip it. really, it's like DMC2 and DmC.
>>
>>341873445
Switch 2 and Infinite around and it's accurate.
>>
After you get the full drill only build and unlock the fountain of youth gene tonic.
>>
>>341869091
The DLC.
>>
>>341869091

It is the best bioshock game to date

>imba muh plot twists and deepest story

But just like any bioshock, you start with super shitty weapons and no skills. By the time you face off grace (you better spare her you faggot), you should be having a blast.
>>
It's good from the start. Best gameplay of the three Bioshocks, it's only real fault is that the setting is recycled from the first game, so that part isn't as effective. But halfway through, it really starts to shine. There's a really interesting sequence and then you get an awesome plasmid and some actual good endings.
>>
>>341874253

>No monster alive turns the other cheek, no monster does that, a thinking man does that

Pretty fucking good.

Also, the DLC is GOAT.
>>
>>341869091
When you get the Drill Dash
>>
>>341870921
>>341871530
>see wrench on the ground
>try to pick it up
>can't, sad I won't have a wrench to protect me
>drill run turns out to be best anyway
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.