[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8
File: the_evil_within_game-HD.jpg (527 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
the_evil_within_game-HD.jpg
527 KB, 1920x1080
What went right?
>>
Nothing
>>
Everything. The game is a masterpiece (minus the story which only serves to set up the gameplay scenarios)
>>
>Game uses Id Tech
>Runs like shit

Say what you want about MEGATEXTURES but at least Wolfenstein and RAGE ran perfectly
>>
The prologue, at a stretch. It was basically Alone in the Dark with RE4 gameplay. AitD might have had RE4 gameplay too, I really don't know because it didn't function.

Like, with some sneaking, but the gameplay was pretty horrible. Just the asylum was really well done. I never got through the forest. Fuck that game.
>>
>>341867706
>>341867709
hmmm
>>
>>341867639
Everything.

People are just bad at videogames
>>
>>341867639
Mikami was allowed to do his absurdist horror thing.
>>
>>341867639
The world design and combat was alright, everything else was shit.
>>
File: the evil within crew.jpg (1 MB, 1500x1651) Image search: [Google]
the evil within crew.jpg
1 MB, 1500x1651
I was somewhat disappointed TEW 2 wasn't announced.

So many questions.
>>
File: 1420335215810.jpg (62 KB, 346x427) Image search: [Google]
1420335215810.jpg
62 KB, 346x427
>>341867909
>the game is bad because I don't know how to play it
>>
>>341868431
Where did I say anything along those lines? The game feels like shit. The story and feeling are just cheap and nasty.
>>
>>341868597
(You)
>>
>>341868597
(you)
>>
>>341868597
(you)
>>
File: 019[1].jpg (131 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
019[1].jpg
131 KB, 600x450
Why is this game considered bad? I'm a fan of resident evil, and consider picking this game up, since its cheap on G2A.

But everyone shits on thsi game. Why?
>>
File: putin tea.jpg (213 KB, 2248x1686) Image search: [Google]
putin tea.jpg
213 KB, 2248x1686
When did Kidman enter in relation to everyone else?
What happened to Joseph after Kidman shot him? And did Mobius take him? Also, how was Joeseph fine after his first encounter with Kidman during her portion of the game?
How did the initial massacre occur? Did Seb, Joe and Connelly enter after the massacre or before? The radio noise has me confused.
Was Myra Kidman's handler? Is she with Mobius willingly?
Can Ruvik manifest his powers in reality? Does he still have influence over Seb?
>>
File: 1462049740129.gif (377 KB, 500x270) Image search: [Google]
1462049740129.gif
377 KB, 500x270
>>341867639
Had some really rough edges but i loved it overall.
>>
>>341868252
Huh? The game is piss easy. It's just not a fun game at all.
>>
File: julie kidman.jpg (82 KB, 750x827) Image search: [Google]
julie kidman.jpg
82 KB, 750x827
I fucking loved seeing her black lingerie show through her shirt when it rained. The best.

>>341867639
A rather competent survival-horror game in a barren environment.

>>341869789
It's good, I bought it cheap and was thoroughly satisfied with the purchase.
>>
How good does this game run on PS4? Thinking of getting it eventually.
>>
>>341870972
>The team modeled her completely in her undies, with no shoes, and modeled her feet rather well
>never see her barefoot

Also, fuck the DLC's ending.
>>
Why does this game just feel so janky to play? I could probably get behind the game scenarios but it feels like the developers just threw in loads of them RE4 style and didn't think about how they all fit together or played
>>
>>341871513
What's wrong with the ending?
>>
The Executioner was the best part.
>>
I'd like a sequel that improves on a lot of things. I'm guessing they are making one since Mikami showed up in one of the Bethesda videos.
>>
>>341872653
It's a really big Fuck You to Sebastian.
>>
>>341873365
Myra? Maybe Mobius brainwashed or coerced her?

Wasn't that one of the goals of STEM?
>>
>>341873586
Everything about Myra.

>Seb stresses so much about his daughter dying and then Myra leaving for work, he becomes an alcoholic mess
>turns out she works for Mobius
>>
>>341867639
It was awesome until that fucking city section i.e. the last 4 hours.
>>
>>341873839
It's not a given she was working for Mobius the entire time.

Seemed like Mobius snatched her when she was digging up dirt on them. The newspapers mention that KCPD actually manage to bust one of their operations too.
>>
>>341867639
I liked it but it was quite bland.

The gameplay was fine, but only good enough to get me through the game. The story was pretty nonsensical and got worse towards the end. The enemy design was really nothing special, I was expecting to be much more spooked.
>>
>>341867639
Shock bolt is very satisfying when you learn how to properly use it.
>>
>>341874814
Poor Tatiana.

;_;
>>
File: f57.jpg (8 KB, 261x216) Image search: [Google]
f57.jpg
8 KB, 261x216
It's a ridiculously flawed game, but god damn did I enjoy it. It has some of the most intense and heart-pounding boss battles / action sequences in any game I've ever played.

I enjoyed it almost as much as RE4. Almost.
>>
>>341876141
I feel if it ran better, I'd prefer it to RE4.
>>
>>341867639
very little beyond maybe art direction and detail because of Id Tech 5 or whatever version used.

Stealth mechanics that is barely used beyond maybe 2 or 3 moments ignoring the 1st hour or so. Aforementioned mechanics is as basic as can be

gunplay and action feels competent but hampered by shit framerate and just not feeling fun and being surprisingly easy once you figure out how to utilize traps and other details. Like using enemies like smaller oil spills for eg.

upgrade/player progression mechanic that feels poorly thoughtout and being barely noticable while making little sense.

Horrendous boss designs
>hey, know how our shit engine can't handle showing the full picture and have shitty black bars on the top and bottom?
>Let's make a boss that crawls on the fucking floor and the only way to beat her is fire traps where you can't look at her properly
>Let's also make a boss where his gimmick is laying traps on the fucking floor he was actually pretty easy to deal with, I remember
>hell, let's also make a boss where he can turn invisible I think and shits out little parasite fuckers that crawl on the fucking floor
>know how the player can't sprint too long and his defensive option for most attacks is maybe strafing quick enough?
>hope you like a boss that has wide sweeping attacks, bitch

lackluster performance for all systems, bless Mikami for making the pcucks stfu

plot feels like it goes nowhere, player/sebastian feels like they accomplishes nothing, and the game (ignoring DLC) ends on a cliffhanger

game is not scary at all. It didn't even have a haunted house appeal. It was just boring.

I don't hate the game much. It was just painfully mediocre. I played a better horror themed tps with Shinji Mikami involved, it's called Shadows of the Damned
>>
>>341876695
SotD's ending pissed me off too.
>>
>>341876904
>Garcia escapes with gf on seemingly unescapable damnation
>Garcia has to fight demons that will forever haunt her gf
Garcia is practically Guts mixed with Spanish Donte come to thinkabout it
>>
An unpolished mess. Would like to see a sequel just to see the core ideas improved and better thought out this time though, it was fun in a janky sorta way.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.