[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I just skip 1 and play 2? Or is 1 worth playing after all?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: s.jpg (37 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
s.jpg
37 KB, 480x360
Should I just skip 1 and play 2? Or is 1 worth playing after all?
>>
Play 1 and find out
>>
Played 2 recently but got that "memory could not be read", anyway to fix it?
>>
>Skip 1+2
>Play 3
>>
>>341867064
Both are great, and I don't see why you would not like FO1 if you can stomach 2. They are almost identical, kinda like how Doom 1 and 2 were.

>>341867206
are you using any of the modern compatibility / widescreen patches ?
>>
>>341867064
1 is better quite honestly
all fallout games are bad tho
>>
>>341867064
>Should I just skip 1 and play 2?
Nah. 2's improvements aren't drastic enough to justifying skipping 1.
>>
First one feels like a legit adventure game, second one is just a repeat of it with more of everything to its detriment and it also feels very rushed

Also first one is the only legit canon one because it's the only one Tim Cain designed
>>
Fallout 2 is full of memes and is nothing but a cash grab game made for plebs.

Fallout 1 is a masterpiece.
>>
>>341867309
Got the Restoration Project which includes the Hi-Res-Patch, I believe.
>>
>>341867064
1 is kind of short, no need to skip it
>>
>>341867267
This guy knows what's up
>>
>>341867267
>>341867737
>not skipping them all and going straight to 4
>>
Proper way is to play 1 + 2, skip 3, play New Vegas, skip 4.

anybody have any idea if that Underrail game is okay? Saw it on GOG and it looks absurdly like the old fallouts. But it looked like the people who played it longer had worse things to say about it than the ones who only plugged in an hour or 2 and went WOOOW THIS IS THE FALLOUT 3 WE DESERVED
>>
Don't listen to all these faggots. 1 and 2 are the best. 2 is my personal Fallout favorite. I mean sure 1 was awesome but 2 was a improvement of what made 1 great.

Play FO3 too. It was the transition from iso to 3d and it was fucking fun. NV is great as well.

Don't play FO4 if you've played all of the above, waste of time if you ask me. Still, FO4 isn't a bad game, but a massively disappointing game. For short, as a Fallout game, it was a mistake and Bethesda fucked up hard on that one.
>>
>>341867796
It's the closest thing to Fallout gameplay-wise since Arcanum but it's still distinctly its own game and much more combat-focused even if pacifism is an option to a point
>>
if you don't play number 1, you will never ever take Super Mutants seriously, ever.
Fallout 1 is important because it cements the Super Mutants into the universe.
Fallout 2 is more cementing Enclave and Brotherhood.
Fallout 3 is more Enclave and more Brotherhood.

Super Mutants are abundant in every Fallout game, so if you skip 1, it might ruin it for you because the later games don't mention them whatsoever, they just appear in the universe.
>>
>>341867796
the actual order is 1+2+tactics + Underail
and just end it there
>>
>>341867064
walk out the vault
300 days later
group of super mutants
turn based
you're fucked
1, 2, and tactics are garbage. 3, NV, and 4 are the only good ones because they're more modern, have better gameplay function, obviously graphics and are all around more free. you're wasting your time.
>>
>>341867267
>>341867737
>>341867781
>not skipping all of fallout and going straight to Wasteland 2.
>>
>>341869667
Wasteland 2 is closer to Fallout Tactics than any actual Fallout game and even then the first Wasteland is a better game three decades later
>>
>>341867064
You should skip your life.
>>
Play 1&2
Buy 3&Vegas
Play Tale of Two Wastelands mod

Consider Tactics
>>
File: images-40.jpg (9 KB, 299x169) Image search: [Google]
images-40.jpg
9 KB, 299x169
Both are shit games. Get overwatch instead
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.