[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The new Quake Game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault.jpg (57 KB, 1728x972) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
57 KB, 1728x972
Bethesda has fully fucked Quake. Discuss.
>>
Holding my thoughts for when we actually see how the game actually plays. E3 Doom was complete shit with Doomguy moving so fucking slow in hallways and horrible gun play. But somehow it turned out to be a fucking awesome game. I don't know how I actually feel with what they are talking about but until we see something of actual note I don't have any real feelings for it.
>>
You mean

>pro Quake Live players that have been shown the game are happy about it
>PC-exclusive, no console-imposed limits, high performance guaranteed

yeah it's not singleplayer but who plays singleplayer shooters nowadays anyways?
>>
Mate, you're telling me that you dont want a single player story.

>getout.gif
>>
>>341862182
We'll see one in the future, for all I know,
>>
>>341861758
yeah probably i'll wait and see if they have it playable at quakecon though
>>
>>341862043
>But somehow it turned out to be a fucking awesome game
It didn't
>>
Doom also got fucked
>>
>>341862298
You have an unpopular opinion
>>
>>341862342
I don't, I'm just not a shill like you
>>341858181
>>
>>341862382
>If you like a game I don't like you're a shill!!!

Okay
>>
>>341862463
Go away todd
>>
>>341862382
You don't understand how opinions work or legitimately autistic?
>>
I have started an argument now. XD
>>
No gameplay cant say anything yet. The weird thing is tim willits works at id still. Why doesnt he try to push for more classic map design i mean for fucks sake he got into id because of his maps.
>>
>>341862532
What does Todd have to do with Doom?

Are you retarded?
>>
>>341862564
I just showed that I'm not the only person who disliked the game.

Why are you so defensive Mr. Shill?
>>
If you wanted singleplayer Quek, well me too but that ship has sailed. Like, seventeen years ago even. Quake 3 was more fun than this will probably be but its lasting effect was to make people think that Quake is a multiplayer shooter and nothing more. I sincerely doubt we will ever get a proper follow up to Quake 1. Just play Arcane Dimensions if that's what you want.
>>
>>341862613
>Not knowing
Kill yourself retard
>>
More like they saw how popular overwatch was getting before released and decided to jump on the hero shooter ship. They're kikes that only make what's popular.
>>
File: 1437253425717.jpg (1 MB, 1849x1950) Image search: [Google]
1437253425717.jpg
1 MB, 1849x1950
>Bethesda announces new Wolfenstein
>"Bethesda is ruining Wolfenstein"
>Game comes out, is excellent

>Bethesda announces new Doom
>"Bethesda is ruining Doom"
>Game comes out, is excellent

>Bethesda announces new Quake
>"Bethesda is ruining Quake"

Don't you ever get tired of being wrong all the time?
>>
>>341862702
Nobody is saying that you're the only one. The only one overly aggressive about the situation here is you.
>>
Quake 3 fags are worst than any other fanbase beyond Meleefags. You'll keep worshipping an albeit stellar game but refusing to accept that developers want to make new stuff.

Quake Champions won't be Quake 3 and that's a good thing. If you want Quake 3 play Live.

Even the Fighting Game community accepts new sequels. You didn't see Street Fighter players getting their panties in a bunch that V was substantially different from past titles, they welcome it.
>>
>>341862812
>>341862342
>>
>>341862778
You don't even know, do you?
>>
>>341862809
Thanks, Todd
>>
>>341862851
>Even the Fighting Game community accepts new sequels. You didn't see Street Fighter players getting their panties in a bunch that V was substantially different from past titles, they welcome it.
You do actually. They just end up sucking it up and move onto the new game.
>>
>>341862342
Not an arugment.
>>
>>341862886
Thanks Todd
>>
>>341862809
>Wolfenstein was excellent
It was a good game, but nowhere near excellent. Fuck off, Toddler.
>>
>>341862864
Based on the responses I've heard on and off /v/, I disagree
>>
>>341862809
>TNO
>good
>Doom
>anything but average
>>341862851
you have no idea about the quake community if you think it's anything like that
>>
>>341861758

I'm afraid it's going to be a Shadowrun flop. But it might not be, it might be good, or it might be an overwatch clone. Yikes.
>>
>>341862994
I disagree
>>
>>341862851
>You didn't see Street Fighter players getting their panties in a bunch that V was substantially different from past titles, they welcome it.
You mean the amount of players that are so small that Pokken Tournament (a Wii U only game) outsold SF5
>>
>>341861758
Hoping what people confused with abilities are just power ups, and that the load outs rumor is false.
>>
https://youtu.be/RvDyLCadGGY
>>
>>341863127
>Pokemon
>Literally a global phenomenon
>Compared to any fighting game that isn't MK because people want to see fatalities

Well, there's your problem.
>>
>>341862809
If Wolfenstein TNO was nothing but those Open Levels where you could do a mix of Stealth and Action it's be a great game. But much of it is those awful scripted sequences where you walk around and the game tells you precisely where to go, it's story got horribly in its way.

I do love Doom 4 though, it's the best Single Player FPS in a long long time. Too bad the Multiplayer is an embarrassment.
>>
>>341863157
They themselves said there were abilities
>>
File: 1435173127255.jpg (24 KB, 282x267) Image search: [Google]
1435173127255.jpg
24 KB, 282x267
>>341862851
>You didn't see Street Fighter players getting their panties in a bunch that V was substantially different from past titles, they welcome it
>>
>>341863225
>>341863157
"You still gotta time the items, pick up all the weapons" so yeah no loadouts
>>
>>341863284
On a console that is literally the worse selling Nintendo console ever made. Against both PS4 and PC game that is the most well know Fighting Game ever (Maybe Smash is up there but SF is more well known than MK).
>>
>>341862851
The people that like SF5 are the people who think it's MORE like the old games than recent ones. They all go muh fundamentals, even though the game is the most dishonest of all.
>>
Quake was always a completely muddled franchise. Bethesda sees money in copying Overwatch's success so they want id to remake Quake 3 with more of a class/hero based system. Can't blame them for trying.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.