[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Breath of the wild
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 187
Thread images: 21
Why does this game cause so much butthurt? It's pretty funny. The only complain i hear/read is about the graphics, nothing else.
>>
You cant hear anything because the sound of me plowing your mum is too loud
>>
Because just like Bloodborne it's an exclusive that legitimately looks like a great game.
>>
>>341854382

People wanted it to be terrible so they can shitpost. Instead, it looks like its already a top tier Zelda.
>>
>>341854516
>why boner
>>
File: 1466230901303.gif (479 KB, 510x510) Image search: [Google]
1466230901303.gif
479 KB, 510x510
Console wars are so stupid.
>>
>>341854382

sonyggers tried to shitpost it to death and found the most menial things to complain about, when everything failed they went back to 2006 tactics "LOL KIDDIE GRAPHIX LOOK AT DEM POP INZ LMAO" when their cinematic games have grass literally growing in front of you as you pass by, fucking kek
>>
People are mad because for some reason it's haram to own more than one console.
>>
Open world.

I lost all interest in this game when I heard it's open world.
>>
>>341854382
console wars are always surrounded in butthurt

especially with everyone laughing at Nintendo after everyone else's conferences being weak, and them busting out a cool-looking title with hours of gameplay instead of trailers and bullshots.
>>
This is virtually indistinguishable from any Bethesda game so far, it's pretty damn obvious when drone bias isn't blinding you. I won't trust any gimmick-filled barren open world game until I get to play it.
>>
>>341854692
>sonyggers
It's not "sonyggers" shitposting this game. It's shitposters. They don't care what it is they shitpost about, a good number of them are probably nintendo fans just trying to be funny.
>>
>>341854765
What makes Hyrule Field or The Great Sea better
>>
>>341854765
>I lost all interest in this game when I heard it's open world.

But Open World is were Zelda belongs you cock moblin.

Or did you forget that Zelda is basically one of the forefathers of the genre?
>>
I hear complaints in some threads about it looking empty, which is probably fair enough given what we've seen from plenty of open-world games already.

We'll have to wait until release to see what's up though.
>>
>>341854797
Yeah, it's just like a Bethesda game except for how it's a zelda game, desu
>>
>>341854797
In what ways?
>>
>>341854845
They're not trying to be Skyrim.
>>
File: 1466129078166.jpg (2 MB, 1920x2066) Image search: [Google]
1466129078166.jpg
2 MB, 1920x2066
I'll just leave this here
>>
I'm just happy I don't have to buy a Pii U for this game.
>>
>>341854992
It's open world, it has combat, it has a 3rd person camera, it has an inventory, items, stats, mountains, uuhh.. dungeons with draugr, fucking armor shit I don't know uhh it'll probably have DLC Bethesda does some DLC ah it has cooking you know it has movement and shit fuck you dude it's pretty much exactly like Skyrim.
>>
>>341855087
are you a pro-nintendo false flagger? Cause you keep spamming that pick when it was more or less shoved back in your asshole at its first use.
>>
>>341854382
It does look fun. I love the windwaker-esque artstyle too. I might have to get an NX just for this game to piss off all them Sonyggers who are constantly shilling the PS4 and the 2 games it has on this board.
>>
>>341855087
And again it's been said multiple times the treehouse stream really dulled the colors for some reason.
>>
>>341855078
>implying it's literally not just Windwaker except the sea is one big island and the Shrines are islands
>>
File: sonygafBTFO.png (528 KB, 1106x600) Image search: [Google]
sonygafBTFO.png
528 KB, 1106x600
>>
I think I'll stick in the Zelda general on /vg/ for a while.
Sure it's slow as fuck but I can at least avoid the jealousy shitposts here on /v/.
>>
>>341855430
>b-b-but the stream
Doesn't stop it from having ps2 textures and a 1m draw distance
>>
>>341854808
found the sonygger boys
>>
File: 39.jpg (237 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
39.jpg
237 KB, 750x500
>>341854516
DAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYUUUUUMMMMMMMMM
>>
>>341855530
then whats horizons excuse for it?
>>
>>341854992
It's yet another open world game full of loose gimmicks where YOU CAN DO EVERYTHING. It's like Nintendo ran focus testing on what passes as good for westerners and ran wild with it. And gaijins lapped it all up, unfortunately. Seeing a series that made the most graceful transition to 3D with tight, well utilized mechanics and quality design succumb to the Bethesda theme park format is a goddamn shame. Last games were bad, sure, but they weren't fundamentally flawed.
>>
>>341854613
>>341854613
>>341854613
>>
>>341855530
back to complaining about graphics I see, heh, kid?
>>
>>341855778
Would you prefer I talk about the empty world and archaic combat?
>>
>>341854382
It looks like this outside my window currently.
>>
>>341855852
>empty world
Which you inferred from watching (this is assuming you have watched it even though I know all you do is shitpost) the gameplay, the same gameplay that only focused on less than 2% of the entire map and had all towns and NPCs removed and dungeons not shown?

>archaic combat
Give me one argument in support of this claim. Go on.
>>
>>341856037
>Give me one argument in support of this claim
its not on a sony system
>>
>>341856037
Zelda hasn't innovated in it's combat since OoT, it's archaic as shit dude.
Also, if you actually watched the stream, you'd know that NPCs weren't removed. There was one shown. 1 in a giant empty plateau. Other than that, all there was would be a trash mob every 5 minutes. Defend your abortion if you want, but this game has suffered immensely from being in development hell.
>>
I think the game looks beautiful desu.
>>
>>341854923
The context was completely different.

Old open world games were awesome. You were an adventurer. You explored, found stuff, and cleared dungeons until you won the game. There were loads of secrets and puzzles with no training wheels to help you find them. Combat was exciting because your health and resources were limited.

New open world games are just shitty RPGs. You go around completing boring fetch quests until you feel like returning to the linear story. Combat is stat-based garbage. You're not going on an adventure, you're just dicking around.

Now watch the BotW footage again, and tell me which category this game falls into.
>>
>>341856263
>development hell
That's not what that word means, way to show you don't know shit.
>>
Because Gladium shitposts Sony day in day out and now you have to suffer because of it.

Tell him to stop false flagging and fucking the board up for everybody.
>>
>>341856642
> 6 years with multiple delays isn't development hell
You are out of your depth, kiddo.
>>
>>341856263
Yeah definitely, because in OoT you could set the grass on fire, which would spread and light an enemy on fire thus killing it, then proceed to take that enemy's hand and throw it at another enemy who would fall to his death?
Could you jump over an enemy narrowly avoiding his arrow thanks to the genius hitboxes? Did you have dozens upon dozens of different weapons all with different movesets, in particular you could wind up a two handed axe, and each third of the wind up your axe would finish its 360 degree spin thus hitting the enemy, and when you finished winding up you could execute your special move?

>you'd know that NPCs weren't removed. There was one shown.
First of all you're wrong, that's the once NPC that was included because he's in the start of the game which the demo focuses on. Secondly that "giant empty plateau" isn't empty and, like I said, is less than 2% of the map.

If you reply to this with buzzwords and bait take a moment of self-reflection and kill yourself.
>>
>>341856571

I'm gonna say the former despite you nudging us in the direction of the latter. Because all the good stuff you listed has repeatedly been stated and/or shown to be in BotW.
>>
>>341855629
You know, anon, you sure do have good buzzwords
>>
>>341856730
what about last guardian?
>>
Post cool webms m8's.
>>
>>341856894
Development hell also. Same with FFXV.
>>
File: 1442967405729.gif (2 MB, 320x256) Image search: [Google]
1442967405729.gif
2 MB, 320x256
>>341854382
Because

>Dark souls combat

>Witcher open world

>Skyrim ideas

Yet it's getting praised like it's a new thing they have never seen, it's like nintendo fans don't play anything else except their games and are oblivious to other games completely, it's astounding, it's shocking. And most importantly,

it's scary that this is the hardcore fanbase.
>>
>Game looks okay
>People hype it up to no end, including basic shit
>Makes it look worse for everyone else because what is meant to be impressing doesn't impress yet people won't shut up
happens all the time
>>
>>341856945
Really thought this was a webm of OoT, considering it has the exact same graphics and the exact same archaic combat.

Guess this is what development hell does to video games. A shame. Nintendo is finished.
>>
File: hooks.jpg (118 KB, 627x477) Image search: [Google]
hooks.jpg
118 KB, 627x477
Mostly because it's popular, and thus saying anything extreme about it is guaranteed replies. Some are legitimate fanboys upset that a Nintendo game is getting attention and not a game from their platform of choice. And then in the sea of butthurt there are some legitimate concerns, like the world being so big it will probably be empty.
>>
>>341857070
ha.....hai.
>>
>>341856571
It's not just that. Modern open world games encourage gimmicks, which in this genre's context just means coming up with seemingly creative mechanics, implementing them in the game and hoping things happen through random interaction instead of designing your game around them.

>>341856859
Fair enough, I deserve the low effort shitpost for wasting my time with blatant drones.
>>
>>341857014
Nobody's claiming this has never been seen before. It's just that this has never been seen in Zelda before. Fans of the series are appreciating the fact that this sort of game style is coming to the franchise.
>>
>>341857014
>it's like nintendo fans don't play anything else except their games and are oblivious to other games completely,
This is the reason
>>
>>341857014
Hit the nail on the head. Nintendo fans live in their own little isolated bubble consisting of their 4 games and no pointy objects
>>
>>341857183
To be fair, the way Aonuma was consciously designing the games around puzzles for the past few installments wasn't going too well.
>>
>>341857014
OR because it was the best game at E3 this year and "hardcore gamers" that never touch Nintendo products are mad about it.
>>
>>341855629
>YOU CAN DO EVERYTHING

The best thing about Zelda is that you can't "do everything". The game will restrict you and you will have to find ways to overcome those restrictions. That's what puts it above so many other things.
>>
>>341857014
The combat and interractions with the enviroment are unique and have nothing to do with skyrim or the witcher. Look at this webm for example >>341856945
He is shooting explosive arrows to set fire to the grass and make the heat rise. Then he runs towards it and jumps of the horse using its momentum. Uses the glider to fly from the heat generated, Activates slow motion mode and shoots an EMP-like arrow at the monsters weak spot.
I have never seen anything like that. If you have, please tell me which game. Skyrim and witcher are incredibly low quality games in comparison. Especially the witcher. I am sorry but this is the truth.
>>
>>341857612
True, but looking up to Todd for inspiration isn't the solution. Unless this is just one big NX bait for westerners, in which case they're late on revealing the damn thing.
>>
>>341857837
>Implying Skyrim is better than The Witcher 3
Triggered.
>>
I'm butthurt because the overworld looks like yet another empty copy paste filler expanse of land that only exists to create an illusion of depth and waste your time.

Link runs slow and STILL HAS A STAMINA METER WHICH RUNS OUT IN 3 SECONDS Link climbs slower than a sloth, link drowns in water instantly if he runs out of stamina, horses aren't that much better.

Not to mention that all of this resource gathering just further wastes your time. Weapons would probably last longer if they were made of styrofoam, no more hearts, just climb up trees for apples, no more potions, just cook everything, no more wild rupees, just get items in chests to sell them for rupees.
>>
>>341857707
>Nintendrone bragging because their system is finally getting AAA shovelware
I guess you won't have to eat apples for much longer.
>>
>>341854382
Because there are very few games on the Wii U anyone cares about. This game looks pretty great and children can't afford a new system, so they bitch instead.

Fox and grapes, man.
>>
>>341858131
>link drowns in water instantly if he runs out of stamina
When did we see this? Every drowning webm I've seen actually involved him freezing to death.
>>
>>341856571
Basing the main idea of the game on them showing extra side shit you can do. Idiot.
>>
>>341858319

Repeating what I heard from a podcast of E3 players.

So I guess I can't say it's 100% confirmed, but I wouldn't be surprised, and there's precedent
>>
>>341858131
I've always wondered what it would take for people to like open world games. They always say they're empty, but you go outside into a forest and it's also empty. If developers are trying to emulate real life out doors, where's only so much you can add until it starts looking silly and unrealistic.

What would it take for you to look at an open world and say "It's no longer empty anymore"? What would need to happen?
>>
>>341858290
I dont have a shit u. I wouldnt be hyped for this game if it wasnt gonna come out for the NX as well.
>>
>>341858402
Care to share a link?

>>341858451
Open world just isn't for some people, I think. Kinda like how people (me included) don't like incredibly linear games all that much.
>>
>>341858235
If only shovelware were as good as this game.
What does eating apples have to do with it? I don't even eat apples.
>>
>>341854765
>tfw open world is you fav type of game
>>
>>341858071
It is better. If you instal 156 mods.
>>
>>341858451
People do like open world games. The complaint that an open world is empty is a little misguided.

It isn't literal emptiness, it is lack of compelling shit to do. Interesting level design is difficult because the word has to be open.

The most successful open world games simply make traversal fun. GTA lets you steal different cars and disobey rules of the road, Spiderman swings around, Crackdown cop can jump crazy high. The basic missions and combat are excused because the core is really movement.

Wind Waker had a huge ocean to explore, but being stuck in a show boring boat with little to interact with wasn't fun.

If BotW can make getting from place to place and fighting fun enough, the actual design of the open world isn't so big a deal really.
>>
>>341857837
The only bit of that which was unique was the heat with his glider, it even did the aim slow down that every game has nowadays
>>
>>341858451
A real life forest is a lot more sensually stimulating, and there's lots of quirks and details to take in as well as consideration you have to have for the environment.
Like, in a game forest, you just walk straight through it, and it's just a bunch of generic tree models placed everywhere.
Whereas in a real life forest, navigation is much more interesting!
Such as to reach a particular waterfall in New Zealand, it's as simple as following a stream, but there's quite an interesting path that involves lots of stream crossing, a bit of climbing, and at one point going through the middle of a giant boulder that's split in two.
Also one fun thing I found along the way is a log that somehow functions as a trampoline.
>>
>>341858976
Yes, that was his point. Setting fire isn't unique and jumping isn't unique. Using fire to get high enough to attack a weak point is absolutely unique.
>>
>>341855087
at least it is clear that they ran it on WiiU
I can't wait to see how NX version looks like
>>
>>341859168
I my point is you do a load of standard stuff to get one sort of unique moment which quickly turns back to standard again, that doesn't mean the game warrants 10 threads spammed constantly

Any decent game will have moments when it takes new or old ideas and use them in a decent way. What makes game stand out is when you use a lot of unique ideas or a certain unique idea becomes a core concept.
>>
>>341855404
Did it also dull the quality of the game to utter shit?
>>
>>341858451
>If developers are trying to emulate real life out doors, where's only so much you can add until it starts looking silly and unrealistic.
That's not how game design works. No one wants to go through a 1:1 forest emulation, people want to go through a forest with landmarks, hidden items, themed enemies, maybe even some story told through the environment. You know, the whole appeal of this media, interactivity. The only thing open world design excels at today is making you feel small initially, which goes away as soon as you realize you're going through the same empty fields with the eventual hastily placed enemy outpost until you get to an actual landmark.
>>
>>341854382

Honestly? Because it's an average retread that's being hailed as the second coming of Christ despite doing nothing that hasn't already been done for 10 years by hacks like the Toddster.
>>
>>341859416
That's demonstrably false, though, based on your own observation. If uniqueness is what makes a game stands out, and this game isn't unique and doesn't deserve constant threads, something about your premise is wrong.

Either uniqueness isn't as important as you say, or Zelda is more unique than you say. Because it very clearly is standing out.
>>
>>341856959
>4 years of developping
>development hell

Do you means versus 13? surely it was development hell
>>
File: Widow TopKEK.png (196 KB, 540x335) Image search: [Google]
Widow TopKEK.png
196 KB, 540x335
>tfw you own a PC and PS4

I'm still buying a WiiU for this though. Console war is pretty stupid. Well i guess that's what happens when you go to threads with piss poor fags
>>
It looks like it's gonna be amazing, but the graphics are indeed severely underwhelming. If they can fix the distant textures, draw distance, pop-in and empty looking distant land there will be nothing to complain about.
>>
>>341855087
>>341850149
>>341847670
I can already tell I'm going to be seeing a lot of this shitty bait image.
I like how they ran the top image through a filter, sharpened it, and increased the contrast to make it look "better"
>>
>>341859642
What the fuck are you on about? Yes uniqueness makes a game stand out, the game isn't very unique. Note it isn't the only thing that makes a game stand out, especially when people are stupid and don't seem to know what other games have in them. It doesn't not have a lot of unique ideas, in fact the great majority have been in open world games since last gen.

>Because it very clearly is standing out.
No it is Zelda, it is an old beloved franchise and all that nintendo fans have to talk about this year. Mixed with it getting hours of footage so they could keep talking about it
>>
>>341859783
I don't get one thing.

The average american household is supposed to have a good 34k disposable income a year.
Wait no
>In the United States, the average household net adjusted disposable income per capita is USD 41 071 a year

And you're telling me you can use any of that buy 3 consoles and a PC. Thats like 2000$ BIG FUCKING DEAL WOW.

Fags have no problem spending 1000$ on iMacs and iPhone and shit.

But owning all the consoles OH NO.

I can understand if Croatians like me have to pick a console and stick with it our disposable income is 12,417$

You people have 4 times as much!
>>
File: admvLGj.jpg (774 KB, 2000x2226) Image search: [Google]
admvLGj.jpg
774 KB, 2000x2226
>>341855087
Welcome to current gen, where everything gets downgraded.
>>
>>341859783
>buying a wii u for this
ill be buying the NX
>>
>>341860028
Cost of living adjustment, though we probably are better off people would rather splurge on other things like going out to eat.
>>
>>341860028
Cause it isn't worth it. Like take the xbone, why would you ever buy one if you can get a good pc instead? Even a mid range pc

With the rest it is just what appeals to you, if a console has 1 or 2 okay looking games it is tempting but you could buy other shit as well that you might get more out of
>>
>>341854382
The only problem I have is the graphics, the game is great but it looks nowhere near what we were shown before, its ubisoft tiers of downgrading
>>
File: 1432397902127.png (73 KB, 454x453) Image search: [Google]
1432397902127.png
73 KB, 454x453
>>341854382
Why shouldn't I complain about the graphics when they look worse than everything gamecube and onwards and then try cover it up with EA levels of bloom and shitty fog?
>>
>>341860092
>>341860028

Forgot NX exists. will it have Bayo? I'm also wondering if they'll port Mario Kart and smash, they're pretty chill games when friends come over
>>
>>341860429
Because it makes up for it with a bunch of other gameplay related stuff we probably wouldn't have if the graphics were a bit better?
>>
>>341860329
Okay I can get now owning the Xbox.

But why not the 3DS, Vita, PS4, PC and Wii U?

That combined is again like 2000$ big deal...
>>
>>341860651
All I want is to turn off the godawful bloom, they ruined WW HD with this shit and now its here too
>>
File: 1465938511602.jpg (49 KB, 344x406) Image search: [Google]
1465938511602.jpg
49 KB, 344x406
I think most of the people complaining about Breath of the Wild looking "empty and barren" have been force-fed modern open world games for too long. Games like Skyrim and The Witcher are technically open, sure, but they also carry an awful recent tradition of never leaving the player alone. You can't walk a yard without stumbling into a village, or a cutscene, or a quest, or a random event.
Have you stopped to consider why it is that open world games these days feel the need to smother you in sidequests? Find five flowers, kill five rats, talk to Lenny down at the old well on the other side of the map, etc. Developers do this because if they fear that if they didn't, the player would immediately get bored. And they're probably right. And that's the distinction between the new Zelda and every other open world game of the last decade; Breath of the Wild focuses not on throwing action and scripted scenes at the player every second to keep them engaged, but on creating a living, colorful, expansive playground for them to explore.

This is the crux of what makes this particular game so exciting. Zelda is attempting to bring the open world genre back to its foundation. It understands that if you can create an enormous, dynamic world filled with nooks, secrets, beautiful scenery and the occasional tussle with a tough enemy, you can truly recapture the spirit of adventure that the genre has been starving for for so many years. The environment in BotW is alive; there's shifting weather and climates, and wildlife both friendly and dangerous roaming about. Link himself needs to explore his surroundings thoroughly just to stay fed and properly equipped. Perhaps the game is a little empty from time to time, but that fits perfectly into its context. The untamed wilderness is more here than it is in more recent games of it's kind. It's more than just a static hub for you to get to your next griffon fight or sprawling township. It's what binds everything in this Zelda together.
>>
>>341860690
Cause not everyone cares about the games on them

Shocking as it may be, some people will look at your favourite games on a system and go eh
>>
File: 1436000470165.gif (100 KB, 300x275) Image search: [Google]
1436000470165.gif
100 KB, 300x275
>>341856263
>Zelda hasn't innovated in it's combat since OoT, it's archaic as shit dude.

You couldnt be more wrong if you tried.

>MM
yeah link has the same moves, but there are 3 other forms with different moves

>WW
Same basic moves as oot but with the addition of context sensative moves (helm splitter and rolling around the back of an enemy)

>TP
Again oot style but you can slash while walking and the new moves from windwaker have been greatly expanded with many optional moves availble

>SS
Litterally a complete rework of the entire combat system. didnt really work out but it introduced a greater use for the shield with parrying.

With all that said it seems like the main focus of botw combat is to let you approach it in different ways. Basic sword combat isnt especially deep but more weapon types and a vast ammount of new moves and returning ones like parrying combined with the possibility of using stealth is far from just cloning oot
>>
It really looks like shit though. Downgrade isn't an issue here because noone has bought the game and it wasn't even available for pre-order but I'm tired of "graphics don't matter" excuse and I'm tired of big name studios constantly neglecting it. Video games are visual medium and I want to see them improve, Nintendo should swallow it's pride and realese on third-party consoles or realese a better fucking hardware. It's baffling to me that CDPR, much smaller company managed to realese a better looking game while Nintendo realeses something that looks barely better than PS2 tittles.
>>
>>341857014
>>Dark souls combat
Controls seem responsive to me, don't think the combat is anywhere near as bad as dark souls
>>
>>341861332
But nintendo did it, so it's okay
>>
>>341860796
>This much damage control
>>
>>341859416
Christ dude. This was only one of the things that are unique about this game. And the demo according to nintendo covers about 2% of the whole content. It is full of unique gameplay features not seen in open world games. Theres a reason for that meme pic about BoW being 15 games in one. Because it is.
>>
>>341854382
>nintendo games don't have nice graphics
Why are people complaining now?
>>
>>341861332
>>341861439
This. This is the butthurt i was talking about.
>>
>>341857070
2/10
>>
>>341861769
Because it's popular
>>
>>341861581
I couldn't care less what other people do with their money. Reception for BotW has been through the roof anyway, so there's nothing to even damage control. Nintendo doesn't need fucking /v/ of all places to like this game, and they certainly don't need anyone talking it up here for them. I'm just putting some of my thoughts on the table.
>>
>>341861637
>Theres a reason for that meme pic about BoW being 15 games in one. Because it is.
Not him but you seriously don't believe that do you?

Like you see idiots going omg is it is dragons dogma 2 when it isn't even something close. People have looked at elements that are sort of close, many times not as advanced and ran with it

Also you can't seriously believe they would add new features at an exponential growth. It was 2% of the map but they were clearly letting you get at most of your equipment
>>
>>341854382

Babbies are buttblasted that Nintendo can win E3 with ONE (1) single game so they go into full autist mode.
>>
>>341862126
most of your equipment? They only showed two main zelda items. Bow and that sheikah book thing.
>>
>>341862236
This is the correct answer to OP's qurestion
>>
>>341854382
It doesn't. It's only trolls

I don't even have a console but I refuse to believe anybody has seen this and doesn't want to play it
>>
There's no real reason to shit on this game yet, also if you're judging it based on looks, that's part of why you can't get a date in real life.
>>
>>341856571
The first. That was easy.
>>
>>341862312
>two main zelda items.
Did you even watch anything? We have seem bombs, various arrows, fire rod, magnet, leaf and the stoppy thing

If you seriously think that is 2% of the items you will get you are retarded, hell if you think we only saw 2 and there are 100 unique weapons you are retarded. It was clear they were putting a great deal of it up front to try and fill that area and they still struggled to do that
>>
>>341860049
>Current gen
Every gen. Every gen.
>>
I'm starting to get the feeling a lot of the buttmad for this game, if not at least some of it is because Todd Howard is salty that Breath of the Wild allows you to not only go to and climb that mountain, but also climb everything else as well, along with a fugton more shit.

It's alright Todd, you can enjoy the game along with the rest of us when it comes out, no need for sour grapes.
>>
>>341860796
Couldn't have said it better myself, I got a boner with this text anon.
>>
>>341854516
>>341855582
>rehashed mom joke
9gag is that way
>>
File: Sucker punch.webm (844 KB, 654x289) Image search: [Google]
Sucker punch.webm
844 KB, 654x289
>>341856945
>>
>>341855087
>not even comparing similar locations
At this point you're just a plebbitor looking for replies (having an unfunny hobby, what a surprise) since noone will ever fall for it, not even youtube babbies.
>>
>>341863167
>Todd Howard is salty

I been wondering how does the zelda climbing relate to todd? been out of the loop for a bit.
>>
>>341854797
bad bait, Bethesda can't even into ladders.

Zelda not only has ladders I can climb, you see that mountain over there?

I can climb that mountain.
>>
>>341860796
Except TW3 & TES games, Skyrim included, didn't bombard you with shit. You're overexaggerating by a lot. I'd say they're even slightly emptier than Xenoblade was (which is the perfect open world RPG so far as far as map vs. item/enemy/etc placement goes).

Zelda just looks too empty.
>>
File: 1442956266466.png (108 KB, 213x320) Image search: [Google]
1442956266466.png
108 KB, 213x320
>>341854382
Nintendo turned into Neo-Nintendo.
>>
>>341854382
Looks pretty fun. Wish I had a wii u tbqh fampai
>>
>lmao let's laugh at how Nintendo embarrasses themselves this year
>WAIT the new Zelda looks good and people are really excited HOW DARE THEY

basically
>>
>>341862850
Yeah but they didnt show main zelda items besides the bow.
>>
>>341858947
Your lack of replies is evidence you're correct.

Skyrim falls flat due to movement in that games sucks, however is does have a decent amount of density in terms of content/things to do in the world.
>>
>>341866458
The Fire Rod, technically a Fire Arrow, Bombs
>>
>underagefags going "IT'S JUST SKYRIM/FALLOUT/whatever"
>not recognizing the gargantuan impact the original Legend of Zelda had on those games or how the developers themselves have described this as a return to those roots

This board needs to ID people or something.
>>
File: 1348770405943.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1348770405943.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>341854382
I've never finished a 3D Zelda. I've only played a bit of MM and TP and dropped OoT after the desert temple as another game distracted me at the time.
Only one I saw through was LttP.

Are they actually worth playing now?
Tempted to play through the games since the GC release but not sure if they'll be worth the time, I've downloaded TP so far but the intro is putting me off it again.
Any recommendations on what to play?
>>
everyone hyped for this game must be a newfag. this is the same piece of shit company that made skyward sword after months of promising bullshots that looked cool as hell. i cannot fucking wait for the disappointment and tears when this shit hits the shelves
>>
>>341861056
None of the things you mentioned actually improved the combat over what OoT did, they generally just provide means of making it easier, and on top of that none of them are more responsive.

TP's is the best though by the simple virtue of the fact that multiple enemies will attack you at once, even if you target others.
>>
>>341866773
OoT and MM are the only ones really worth any merit standing on their own two feet. But with the novelty of OoT out the window with its age and MM's less than comfortable pace, it can be hard to get into even those if you aren't predisposed to liking that format.

TP has some really, really strong levels, but suffers from some poor pacing and doesn't really do a single thing that's all that special.

The big reason BotW is getting so many people's hopes up is that it finally looks like a game worthy of the merits the series itself keeps getting, albeit now mostly from hipsters and poser nerds. None of the previous games since OoT have deserved any sort of tremendous praise, having done nothing but recycle the formula either successfully or unsuccessfully. The way this game lets you interact with the environment, the SCOPE of that environment, the manner in which it just dumps you in there and lets you start discovering things... Man, that's what these games used to be all about. And now it's back! That's worth getting excited about.
>>
>>341866773
If you have a 3DS the remakes of OoT and MM are worth playing.

Minish Cap is one of my favoeite 2D Zelda titles. Four Swords is also great, especially with friends.

I really wish Nintendo would remake Four Swords & Crystal Chronicles and allow online play with friends for those titles.

Both games have some great memories of playing with my buddies during my school years.
>>
>>341857014

>>Dark souls combat

But DS combat is literally zelda with rolling spam and meme difficulty, it doesn't even have the diversity of weapons LoZ has allway had(As in items of different kinds)

>>Witcher open world

How so? Witcher didn't invent the genre and its WORLD doesn't have a any particual feature that makes it special .

>>Skyrim ideas

>grasping for straws
>>
>>341859832
Im glad someone else was able to point this out.
The effort some people put into their baits is astonishing.
>>
>>341857014
>Dark Souls combat

lmao fucking how? Zelda has always focused more on resource management in regard to situational awareness rather than twitch reflex or having to put up with dying in two hits. The fuck out of here.
>>
>>341867318
Dark Souls has more weapon types than Zelda.

Zelda has more tools.
>>
File: holy fuck.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
holy fuck.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
>>341861357
>>341867318

>Legend of Zelda
>more Weapon diversity than Dark Souls
>>
>>341867598
>>341867523

>>[...](As in items of different kinds)
>>
Who gives a shit about graphics anyway?

It's the game 60fps?
>>
>>341867813

>as in terms of different kinds

Even that's wrong.

>daggers
>Shields
>greatshields
>fist weapons (gloves)
>Spears
>maces
>axes
>great axes
>great maces
>great swords
>ultra greatswords
>katanas

Zelda's main weapon is a sword with every other weapons not even being permanent in Wind Waker for example (a Zelda that allows you to pick up weapons) as you automatically drop the weapon when you go through a door.

Stop shitposting
>>
>>341867598
Well, yes. From masks that transform you to a giant, zora, goron and a literal god, to crawling bombs, ice arrows and slingshots.
But axe number 73 = more variety.
>>
sonyponys about Nintendo:
>nice 2002 graphics

sonyponys about PC:
>b-but graphics don't matter!!!!

why are they such hyporites?
>>
>>341867947
Do you know how many 3D zelda games have been 60fps so far? none.
>>
>>341867947
its not
maybe on nx but it seems highly unlikely
>>
>>341868017

Even Dark Souls has meme masks (dragon mask) on top of a full magic tree/faith builds, Zelda doesn't have that.

I was talking specifically weapons but if you're goal post shifiting Dark Souls wins even there.

>bombs

Dark Souls has em

>slingshots
Lel

>ice arrows
Bows with numerous arrow types in Dark Souls as well
>>
>>341867813
That's why I said types.
>>
File: 120401520230.jpg (759 KB, 1920x2142) Image search: [Google]
120401520230.jpg
759 KB, 1920x2142
>>341868040

>b-but Sony

Everytime
>>
>>341868458

thanks for proving my point
>>
>>341868123
Well they said NX version will be the same experience so yeah, don't expect 60fps.

Hopefully someone can hack that in the future when there's a Wii u/nx emulator.
>>
>>341868353
Ok so you never played a zelda game. Sorry.
>>
Is there a release date for this yet?
>>
>>341869203
ask your mom
>>
>>341854382
Are you Nintendo fags stuck is some weird time loop? The complaints are that Nintendo is just now trying the open world thing shitty western devs have been doing for a decade now. Guess what always happens ever single game? It's boring and tedious shit, you can only set so many patches of grass on fire before you no longer give a shit.
>>
>>341860416
game doesnt even have a release date yet.
>>
>>341854765
So you never beat Zelda 1?
>>
>>341854382
>It's pretty funny
did you play it? so shut up.
>>
>>341855078
>Skyrim invented open world gameplay
kys famalam
>>
If Link swings any weapon while running(not sprinting), he comes to a complete stop to swing. Awful decision.
>>
>>341869526
My mom only plays vanilla skyrim on a ps3
>>
>>341855530
>implying ps2 era of gaming was bad.
>>
File: laser parry.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
laser parry.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>341856945
>>
>>341855492
This is pretty meta.
Thanks for the laughs anon
>>
It would make sense if you had to use one of your weapons as a fulcrum when moving large boulders, but nope, Link just shoves it like it's made of packing foam.
>>
>>341870043
I get everyone liked TP's way of doing things but it makes sense in this game.
If they want to make the combat deeper than before (which they obviously do as eveidenced by the witch time), this is the way to do it. The player needs to commit to his attacks.
I guess you can argue they should have a dash attack that makes use of the running momentum and leaves you open after and I'd agree but if it's between stop or TP style swinging, stopping is better
>>
>>341854382
>The only complain i hear/read is about the graphics, nothing else.
Let's not forget
>b-but "Game" did it first!
>>
>>341856263
If you actually watched the stream, you would have heard them say they removed towns and npcs from the demo
>>
>>341859414
it's going to look exactly the same just like twilight princess
>>
>>341867983
>great axe
>great mace
>great sword
>ultra great sword

All pretty much the same. There are a lot of weapons in ds but a lot of them are really similar
>>
>>341857014
You're completely off here. It is one of the most ambitious games seen in nearly a decade. Applying the skyrim formula, but adding verticality, letting players play on the physic engine by giving him tools instead of objects, and making it big while aiming at a Nintendo polish degree is something rarely done.

Just the climbing gameplay mechanics show they are extremely confident in their level design. The game has so much possibilities in term of gameplay, it seems ludicrous.

It is the way video games should have followed: A machine more powerful should play games with more complex gameplay mechanisms, and not just be graphics machine. There's a visible 3D adventure game trend right now and they almost do the same thing with a different coat of paint.
This zelda tries to break the 3D ubisoftish formula.

Just giving a gravity gun to players in HL2 made the game timeless, imagine a game in which you have an upgraded gravity gun with an actual care put in an very open environment?

It is going to be massive, no matter how you take it.
>>
>>341854382
>this thread AGAIN
>>
>>341856730
>6 years
skyward sword wasnt even out 6 years ago
>>
Is this the power of the....

... gamecube???!?!!!?!!?!?!111one11
>>
File: FB_IMG_1446953469662.jpg (12 KB, 236x219) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1446953469662.jpg
12 KB, 236x219
>caring about graphics
>2016
No wonder today's game suck ass because it's all about the grafix
>>
File: Smart bokoblins.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Smart bokoblins.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>341856945
Thread replies: 187
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.