[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm stuck at my parents' place for two weeks with the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5
File: best-and-worst-laptops.png (705 KB, 688x415) Image search: [Google]
best-and-worst-laptops.png
705 KB, 688x415
I'm stuck at my parents' place for two weeks with the shittiest fucking laptop in all of existence. It's beyond toaster levels of performance.

Are there any relatively recent games that are as easy on resources as possible? Or at least with god tier optimization. Preferably 2D indie shit, I'm not sure this thing can run anything better than that.

As a reference point: I tried running Enter the Gungeon on this thing with all settings turned to lowest, and got around 15fps out of it. Not exactly unplayable, but still pretty bad.
>>
Well fuck you too, guys.

It really is true that /v/ only cares about memes and actually hates games.
>>
All I can really recommend is buildandshoot, Mount and Blade, Deus Ex and Thief.

Bumping for interest
>>
Download a snes emulator and play some mega man
>>
File: OnslaughtShipIcon.png (114 KB, 240x300) Image search: [Google]
OnslaughtShipIcon.png
114 KB, 240x300
>>341851382

Starsector

http://fractalsoftworks.com/
>>
>>341851382
Specs?
>>
>>341853307
We love you too friendo :^)
You should try roguelikes. The are some of free ones that would work. Or emulation.
You have years of games to play. Why only recent ones?
>>
>>341853404
I will definitely resort to that if everything else fails.

I just wanted to ask /v/ if it can recommend any games that came out in the last couple of years instead of three decades ago.
>>
>>341851382
Play marble blast
I think marble blast gold is the one you wanna go with.
I know they're making platinum version or something.
Used to play it on an imac from 2005 and it ran buttery smooth.
Don't know if it'll work well on windows though.
>>
>>341853404
This is pretty good advice

I'd recommend GBA emulator and Advance Wars on it personally. There's tons of good old games to emulate.
>>
>>341851382
Get GBA emulator and play some rpg. Pokemon should carry you a day or two.
>>
>>341851382
play cave story

or Saturn Bomberman
>>
Dwarf Fortress, Terraria, Mount and Blade, Faster Than Light, UnReal World

I had fun with all of these
>>
Touhou.
>>
>>341854269
you absolutely can not play dwarf fort on toaster

not even adventure
>>
Invisible Inc.

Amazing strategy game, if you're into that
>>
>>341851382
Just emulate one of the gb pokemon or somthing
>>
Ys The Oath In Felghana, Origin and Ark of Napishtim are all toaster friendly. There's also Sayonara Umihara Kawase, Steel Strider and Freedom Planet.
>>
pretty sure that shit laptop can handle LoL fine
>>
Get one of those game bundles from the late 90s or early 2000s
>>
>>341851382
I think that Darkest Dungeon runs pretty well on weak machines. Also the Hotline Miami games should run fine.

And for something older I'd recommend OpenXcom.
>>
>>341854702
Just make a small assworld
>>
>>341853586
Recent = good is not a good thought process, you'll be surprised that old games can be fun even for an underage millennial like yourself
>>
Dorf Fort, ADoM, Elona
Will last you for a year or two.
>>
Factorio
>>
>>341855523
I'm asking for recent games because I already have more than enough experience with older ones.
Also, stop projecting, you being underage doesn't mean everyone else is.
>>
File: DungeonSiegeBoxArt.jpg (43 KB, 256x312) Image search: [Google]
DungeonSiegeBoxArt.jpg
43 KB, 256x312
>>341851382
Dungeon Siege

Never had a problem running it on any modern PC no matter how shitty the specs are.
>>
>>341855659
Didn't mean to trigger you, have fun at your parents house. ;)
>>
>>341851382
space station 13
powder game
>>
>>341855659
if you aren't underage why don't you go buy a computer/tablet to use?
>>
>>341851382
Corruption of Champions
>>
If you want something "recent" that'll run on your washing machine, your options are pretty limited. Something like Undertale might manage to run.
>>
>>341855943
Because I'm a reasonable human being and I don't throw my hard earned money away on a whim. I'm not going to buy a whole fucking computer just to play games for two weeks.
My parents have a shitty laptop that suits their needs just fine, they don't need a new PC.

Although I did ask for advice on 4chan, so in hindsight I'm probably not as reasonable as I previously assumed.
>>
>>341851382
Undertale? Could be worth finding out whether the hype is real
>>
>>341856532
Actually has higher system requirements than you'd think. Shut optimization
>>
File: screenshot6.png (480 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
screenshot6.png
480 KB, 1920x1080
>>341851382
I've been playing Enter the Gungeon quite a bit. It's great if you're into roguelikes. Extremely difficult but also addicting.
>>
Darkest Dungeon runs on my gf's toaster and its a decent game. Turn based too so you don't have to worry about performance so much
>>
Cave Story if you've never played it
>>
Try some RPG maker games. The Witches House is god tier imo
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.