[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be game developer >create game with good music, good graphics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: tumblr_o25lubbSXv1qzwtdlo1_1280.jpg (1014 KB, 1200x1575) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o25lubbSXv1qzwtdlo1_1280.jpg
1014 KB, 1200x1575
>be game developer
>create game with good music, good graphics and cool monsters
>give it terrible physics and controls and call it hard
>watch as autistic people gather to defend it's artifical difficulty from casuals
>make millions

genius
>>
File: 1438807949249.jpg (26 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
1438807949249.jpg
26 KB, 600x375
mfw when refunding DaS3 after getting hit through a wall for the fifth time

collision is not a premium feature
>>
>>341846883
its part of the game if you dont like it dont play it also git gud nerd

>XD
>>
>>341846737
read: I want to like ds cause it looks cool but im too shitty and i want to have 4chan validate it
>>
>>341846737
3/10 just because you'll end up getting replies anyway
>>
>>341846737
>give it terrible physics
whatever works

i think it's cool that a janky game can still be popular and have good aesthetics, that's probably why people like this series
>>
DaS is ok, you just described DeS tho.
>>
>>341846737
le bait, but Souls games have one of the best gameplays in any recent game. Controls are only shit if you play with a kb+m
>>
>>341846737
I never got the 'bad controls' meme, I feel like the controls are good in their simplicity. Left buttons for left attacks, right buttons for right attacks.
>>
>create game with good music, good graphics and cool monsters
>good music
>Dark souls 3

It was painfully mediocre compared to the past standards set.
>>
>>341848382
I think people mean the lack of controlike not having a dedicated jump button or how long the healing animation is.
Long story short, it's MH all over again.
>>
>>341846737
But the controls in the Souls series, especially 3, is some of the best that video gaming has achieved so far. That's one of the major reasons why people fucking love it.
>>
>>341846737
I can't think of better 3D ARPG controls than what Dark Souls 3 has
>>
>>341848626
Healing in 3 is already good as fuck, why would you want it to be even shorter?
>>
Dark Souls *is* wonky as shit.

It's just the level design, atmosphere, and music are so good that it doesn't matter.
>>
>>341846737
From never wanted to do more then one of these. The kikes at Bandai had them by the balls. Now that they are no longer under legal contract to do more games they are free to do what they want.

Bloodborne is proof they can make great games when its something they actually want to do
>>
>>341846737
>controls

Not even finishing DaS1 with custom keyboard controls.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.